Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,888 comments
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

But be careful not to hit the house in Guanajuato where they store them.

Cheese cube.
takemymoney.jpg

I love the fact that they made these cars a car pack instead of a playlist prize.
I like to own lots of my favorite models in different styles. Especially if they're fun meme cars like the Wulling or Santana.
And it is precisely this style that makes me favor car packs over playlists.
I could fill all the remaining space in my garage with Santana if I wanted to. No need to reload the AH a million times and pay 20 million cr for it!

Last edited:
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

But be careful not to hit the house in Guanajuato where they store them.
Just because anything with Frank Drebin in deserves extras laughs......
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh god they gave it a widebody. You can even give it a 670hp motor conversion.
You could see that coming, obviously. Just like the crazy kit on the Wuling Sunshine, this looks like fun.

I wonder which electric motor swaps the Cyberster will get?

Summing up Lunar New Year update: I. Like. This.
The drift arena, though drifting isn't something I'm particularly interesting in, looks so good - perfect for photo shoots as @Populuxe said. Or just visiting it and admiring the drone show, which is equally cool (though it is equally something I'm not normally interested in). And the cars? Hoo boy. Come to papa :drool:
Hyundai Ioniq 6: An odd choice - The Ioniq 5 N would've been cooler (though the various driving modes of the car might've puzzled PG enough in terms of what to do with them to the point of postponing it for now, to which I can't say I blame 'em) - but I'll take it. Didn't realize how cool the tail lights look at nighttime though.
Hyundai Kona N: Am I right in saying this is the first "Hot Hatch-but-it's-actually-a-small-SUV" to be featured in Forza? Its inclusion is definitely a positive for variety in such case. And contrary to some people here, I actually don't hate the Kona, I think its kinda neat looking in fact. So... yeah. Thumbs up.
Lynk & Co 02 Hatchback: Not a car I expected, that's for sure. In any case, with some 190 hp, it's bound to be great fun as a lower-power hot/warm hatch (or is it another "Hot Hatch-but-it's-actually-a-small-SUV"? I'm not sure), which I feel Forza could definitely have more of - modern Golf GTI anybody?
Hyundai i30 N: AAAAAAWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHH- Didn't know it'd be the facelift model though. Still, REJOICE! IT'S FINALLY HERE!
MG MG7: In some ways, its kindof a Chinese VW Arteon. Which is a car I really like in a Audi A7-minus-the-V8 kindof way. Aaand it's a (likely) lower-spec Super Saloon, which - as I've said before - are some of the most fun cars in the game. I approve, in all of its 9-speed DCT silly goodness.
MG Cyberster: I've heard of it. Heavy (even for an EV sports car), but quite pretty. And likely to be nice to drive. I could have some fun with this.
Wuling Hongguang Mini EV: About time this thing came. As stated beforehand, I would've LOVED the convertible version, but I like this too. And the upgrades make it even bette- Could this be the new best meme car in the game? Very possible. And I'm all for it.
Lynk & Co 05+: Again, not a car I expected, but could be alot of fun in some ways - as a slower SUV, this could give the Mini Countryman a run for its money - and thats a car I really like in the game, by the way.
VW Santana: Nevermind, scratch what I said about expectations - this takes the cake. An old VW Passat, sold and beloved in China as the Santana, will be made available for Forza players to be (potentially) turned into a Chinese Tsuru, complete with taxi livery (maybe even taxi sign?) and silly upgrade galore. In other words, the Forza Horizon equivalent of perfection. A huge yes from me.

Watching the Monthly now. At least Leah knows how to pronounce "plethora", unlike Molly Pettit in EA Sports WRC.

I'll admit that I can never be bothered to sit through the entire monthly video. I always watch @Jakexvx YouTube monthly video. I prefer that to the fully blown official video. I find Jake condenses the info to just the right amount for me.

Jake's video and @Famine weekly write ups on here keep me perfectly up to date.

I braved Reddit to see the opinions of the car pack over there. A combination of people going out of their way to say they wouldn't buy it, and a load of people really happy for either the VW or the Wuling EV.

r6e85w6ootec1.png

We travel back to Across the Atlantic in European Automotive.

New reward cars from the greatest car makers on the planet along with a brand-new Car Pack to drive and collect.

Along with new props and badges, this new update will bring every class to Rally Adventure Rivals!
European Automotive coming for Series 31 along with... you guessed it, another Car Pack!

r6e85w6ootec1.png

European Automotive coming for Series 31 along with... you guessed it, another Car Pack!
I'm not fussed with these new car packs. Like I've said before, we've had a lot for free so far. A few quid for at least 4 cars is ok with me. With all the lay offs we all surely read about in the gaming press at game publishers and developers I imagine margins are a lot tighter than they have been for ages.

There's also MS Reward Points we can use to purchase the car packs. I know MS has tightened up the Reward Points a lot lately but it's still quite easy to earn at least £5 a month.

In short I'm happy with the car packs if it means the game continues to move forward.

Gonna guess Series 31 is the update we finally get the MC20
Probably a Lambo (Revuelta?) and Ferrari (Pursangue?) too, I suspect.

The Gemera would be an interesting choice, come to think of it.
Imagine the irony of the Polestar 1 :lol:

FYI I did an interview pre-COVID with Polestar's marketing people and CEO Thomas Ingenlath for an internal Geely thing (which I've never seen; it was in February or March 2020) and they essentially said they paired with NFS Heat because they were on the cover as the hero car and not just a car in a 700+ list of them in some game.

I'm sure attitudes change, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for Polestar in any game.

I like that the seasons have been themed around countries (or regions) recently. Really makes them feel more focused. I still want Mexican, Australian, and Swedish months though.
Definitely a Swedish one without a doubt.

I'd also like some manufacturer based series too, based around older classic models. I'd really like to see:

1, Mazda
2, Honda
3, Citroen
4, SAAB
5, Volvo (SAAB & Volvo if we get no Swedish Series)
6, Vauxhall/Opel

The final series I'd like to see is a Kei Cars month. I'm 6ft 5 and 19 stone. This would be the only way I'll ever drive a selection of Kei cars.😂😂

Back