Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,839 comments
Just illegaly import them through a "seller". What is stopping you from getting forbidden fruit? Nothing is, if I may say so myself.

Nothing except time and money, neither of which I have in abundance. I’ll be 86 when I can legally import the Microlino, and the fact that I remain a paycheck-to-paycheck full time employee due to the uneven distribution of wealth in the US is a conversation for another thread.

Edit: Just to be clear, I know you were making a joke.

Last edited:
Either way, the Hammer Wagon's ID of 3177 puts it as being modelled shortly after the 2019 BMW Z4, solidly in the FH4 days, where AI was way less of a thing than it is today.
Huh, so it's probably a case of PG having this modeled for a good chunk of FH4 and FH5, but no clue how to use it until probably this Series, unless it takes significantly longer to build a driving model for a car than it does to actually make its 3D model. If this specific Hammer Wagon is really a modified E-class wagon rather than an actual AMG station wagon for the time, I'm more surprised it didn't even make an appearance in some of the upgrade-focused updates.

Rather than a manufacturer model, it represents a single specific tuned car, kind of like the Deberti and Forsberg cars. It was built out of a 300TD diesel by AMG North America, who were the licensed dealer for AMG in that region, out of genuine AMG parts including a 6.0 4-valve crate engine. AMG themselves never put the 4-valve in a wagon, so this dealer-built car is the only one. This is also probably why it's named 'AMG Hammer' in the game, the nickname coined by a magazine review, when AMG would have just labelled it a 300TE 6.0 AMG.

The same owner who commissioned the 4-valve wagon also had a coupe and saloon built with the same engine. The wagon and coupe were sold as a pair to another owner (who loaned them to PG for the scan), while the saloon went to someone else, which might suggest why it hasn't been featured in Forza yet.

That black car is the other wagon built by AMG North America, with a 6.0 2-valve in it. Not an identical spec, but many similar parts, and probably circa 310bhp as even when AMG-modified the standard Mercedes heads don't flow brilliantly well compared to the bespoke AMG 4-valve heads.
Thanks for clarifying that, I thought Hammers only comes in black.

The Mercedes Hammer Estate is great car in stock form. I've just set my fastest rivals 'B' class time around The Goliath in it. It would've been a clean time but for one pesky rock on the outside of the bend after the third bridge in Copper Canyon.

Nearly 190 mph on the motorway too. It's a great 'B' class car.
That sounds great. Can you make a Super 7 event where you have to brake the car from top speed to zero over a certain distance? If so you could call it "STOP!!! Hammer Time".

Sorry to be a peen...

Last edited:
If this specific Hammer Wagon is really a modified E-class wagon rather than an actual AMG station wagon for the time, I'm more surprised it didn't even make an appearance in some of the upgrade-focused updates.

AMG was just a tuner either way, it wasn't until 1993 that they began collaborating with Mercedes-Benz to make official performance models, and as late as 1999 they were still working on the side and hand-building special models in their own factory based on ordinary cars pulled off the Mercedes production line (for example the handful of E55 AMG 4MATIC saloon and estates, which were Steyr-built AWD E430s converted to E55 spec but retaining the AWD). Mercedes only took complete ownership in 2005, which is probably around the time that AMG started designing the SLS, the first completely bespoke AMG vehicle.

Technically, the 80s cars only had a requirement of two parts fitted by a licensed dealer to be classed as a 'genuine' AMG and allowed to wear the badges, so there's a fair amount of boring stuff like 280SEs with a new steering wheel and alloys which could be counted as an AMG car if the right person bolted on the wheels. They were just one of many companies selling accessories for Mercedes-Benz products, and were lucky that they had the right innovations and press coverage (designing DOHC heads for the V8 and making it fit into an E-Class) for the manufacturer to buy them out in order to get that expertise and street cred.

That sounds great. Can you make a Super 7 event where you have to brake the car from top speed to zero over a certain distance? If so you could call it "STOP!!! Hammer Time".

Sorry to be a peen...
Here ya go @UKMikey

1000007965.png

Try this out. Not exactly what you asked for, but think of it as a stop gap until I have time to do it as requested.

The Eventlabs this week were a bit strange. The first one in particular with the silly twisting turns was not a logical place to pick A800 super saloons to race with :banghead:

That said, I liked the second one quite a bit. It's not often that people build 3 minute long road courses purely out of actual roads on the map, and it had a decent flow. The last one was also quite funny: Power Station with security gates was ok, but we suddenly devolved into a hot wheels track section going down the mountain which was rather unexpected.

I picked a really bad car this week for The Trial: My A800 Audi TTS was on rally tyres but I didn't have anything better in the Modern Sports Cars (EU limited) pre-tuned. However it was utterly dreadful under brakes and I was in FM23 braking mode with the Trial as my first race back in FH5, so I made things worse for myself. We still won (just the two of us left in race 3 after all the monkeys had quit earlier).

I'm loving the Bentley convertible from the latest car pack. Its so nice to just waft around the map in. I own three now all in different forms and thinking of adding a fourth as I type this. The only downside is that the windows don't drop with the top which would be nice but I can live with that.

Seems like PG nerfed quite a bit of AMR Pro. It only has 800 horsepower instead of 1000 and the top speed is a lot lower than I expected.

Last edited:
Seems like PG nerfed quite a bit of AMR Pro. It only has 800 horsepower instead of 1000 and the top speed is a lot lower than I expected.
It's like glue on the road though, it's grip levels are like FH4's ID.R

There is a restrictor upgrade, Don't remember the horsepower after upgrading it though

There is a restrictor upgrade, Don't remember the horsepower after upgrading it though
Just checked. The restrictor upgrade brings the power back to 1000hp, but also raise the PI to X 999 which means the car can no longer be used for online race and Rivals event.

It's like glue on the road though, it's grip levels are like FH4's ID.R
It's so fast in the corners, can almost complete Monthly Rivals without braking.

They don’t want X class cars that then can’t be used online. Just make a Race class or something.

Shame we possibly don’t get something like a modern f1 car because it would be X class. The Crew has last year’s Red Bull.

Last edited:
It presumably got the restriction plate by default so they could have a stock S2-998 car. Adding the extra 200hp takes it to X class immediately.

Same as the Jesko in FH4, where it was pegged back to 1280hp for S2 998, with the full 1600hp just a 100Cr upgrade away. They kept it that way for FH5 though for some reason, don't know if it gives any flexibility in other upgrades while staying under 998 that the full power wouldn't.

I suspect they've actually used the same 1000hp Valkyrie AMR engine data from FM8, and just made the 'stock' restrictor part multiply power by 0.8x. Normally all stock parts have a 1.0x power multiplier then upgrades (including 'restrictor removals') have multipliers higher than 1 to increase power, but there's no technical reason why it wouldn't work if done this way.

Last edited:
Yesterday afternoon, playground games added a new file to the game in the steam database (steam DB), could it be the 3rd expansion????

https://steamdb.info/changelist/22564311/

We're currently at a score of zero correct from what, 100 or so of these 'clues' that could signify an unannounced, unprecedented, and not even hinted at third expansion, so I think I'm going to go with the odds on this one and say no, it's not a surprise third expansion.

Any new leaks or files being added are not indicative of content actually coming into a game, lol

For sure, I've mentioned before that there are literally hundreds of unreleased cars that can be pieced together from the few snippets that haven't been cleansed thoroughly enough over time. Some of them like the Rolls-Royce Dawn Horizon Edition will never see the light of day now, and others like the Fisker Karma were cut well over a decade ago, some nearing 15 years. The recent 500E has been sitting on a shelf for as much as 5 years and finally made release, but the 4-wheeled G63 AMG from around the same time is unlikely to follow any time soon.

A pretty large proportion of what actually comes out is too newly-created to have appeared anywhere previously. The Tsuru for example was probably only begun early in 2023 and went straight into a release, as it's more recent than the Corvette E-Ray. The first time that anyone outside of MS knew about it was the announcement.

For sure, I've mentioned before that there are literally hundreds of unreleased cars that can be pieced together from the few snippets that haven't been cleansed thoroughly enough over time. Some of them like the Rolls-Royce Dawn Horizon Edition will never see the light of day now, and others like the Fisker Karma were cut well over a decade ago, some nearing 15 years. The recent 500E has been sitting on a shelf for as much as 5 years and finally made release, but the 4-wheeled G63 AMG from around the same time is unlikely to follow any time soon.

A pretty large proportion of what actually comes out is too newly-created to have appeared anywhere previously. The Tsuru for example was probably only begun early in 2023 and went straight into a release, as it's more recent than the Corvette E-Ray. The first time that anyone outside of MS knew about it was the announcement.
Just to check, when you say 4-wheeled G63 AMG from around the same time, do you mean the second-gen G63 AMG that came out around that time?

1709631843284.png

As I think this is the first time we are hearing about it being modeled back in the day, unless my Dory-like memory is forgetting something here :lol:

Last edited:
Rolls-Royce Dawn Horizon Edition
Ah, it brings back some bitter memories of FE found in the FH4 files.
What kind of unique car was the Hilux FE? Would the Evo FE have been available at launch without Mitsubishi's licensing issues?
If it was just a performance upgrade model like in the FH3 days, I wouldn't have cared about them.
But now that they're giving FE unique and exclusive visual upgrades, they're starting to become more appealing to me.

Back