Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,839 comments
When they introduced bikes in Project Gotham 4 I disliked them so much, they really felt out of place there. But when I tried The Crew 2, bikes felt more organic, because they have specific events for them and are fun to cruise around, even with very simplistic physics.

In FH we have ATV's (6, I believe) which are closer to dirt bikes than cars, anyways.

When they introduced bikes in Project Gotham 4 I disliked them so much, they really felt out of place there. But when I tried The Crew 2, bikes felt more organic, because they have specific events for them and are fun to cruise around, even with very simplistic physics.

In FH we have ATV's (6, I believe) which are closer to dirt bikes than cars, anyways.
Bikes are cool when they care to make them handle properly. Getting them in Driveclub was tons of fun learning the same tracks in a new way with their different handling and racing style.

They actually feel like heavy garbage in The Crew Motorfest and people hate them.

Last edited:
Aw, no, don't tell me you want motorbikes in Forza games as well like that feller on the Motorsports thread?

(J/k :D)
I think they’d be a cool addition.

Project Gotham Racing 4 let you race cars vs bikes.

Burnout Paradise had bikes too, but they were basically only for time attacks.

Last edited:
1709057329131.png

FH5 Release Notes: February 27th, 2024

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

New Features (Available from February 27th)
  • Every Class in Rally Adventure Rivals
  • 65 Plots and Primitives EventLab Props (featuring Snap functionality)
    • 25 Ramp & Platforms: 5 Asphalt, 5 Dirt, 5 Grass, 5 Ice, 5 Snow platforms
    • 40 Shapes: 4 Cones, 4 Cubes, 4 Cuboids, 4 Cylinders, 4 Pyramids, 4 Frustums, 4 Spheres, 4 Torus, 4 Wedges, 4 Large Wedges
  • 6 Dinosaurs EventLab Props
    • Aknylosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Pterodactyl, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor
  • 1 European Automotive EventLab Prop
    • Gameplay: Star Trophy
4 “European Automotive” Car Pack cars (Available from February 27th - Not included with the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass, Standard, Deluxe or Premium Editions)
  • 1987 Mercedes-Benz AMG Hammer Wagon
  • 2019 Jaguar XE SV Project 8
  • 2020 Automobili Pininfarina Battista
  • 2021 Bentley Continental GT Convertible
8 Unlockable cars (Available from February 29th onwards)
  • 4 Festival Playlist Reward Cars
    • 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500 E
    • 2021 Mercedes-AMG SL 63
    • 2021 Volkswagen ID.4
    • 2022 Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro
  • 4 Seasonal Championship Event Exclusive Reward Cars
    • 1966 Volkswagen Double Cab Pick-Up
    • 1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupé Rallye 1.6 HF
    • 1975 DS 23
    • 2002 Lotus Esprit V8
"European Automotive" Limited Timed Series Features (Available from February 29th to March 28th)
  • Evolving World: Star Trophy Collectible
  • European Automotive Collector Accolade
Bug fixes and changes
General

• Fixed an issue where Chapter 8 Intro ASL video of Made in Mexico Story was out of sync (Bug ID 3892574)
  • General performance and stability fixes
Cars
  • Fixed an issue with the 1993 Nissan Skyline GTR and the 1995 Nissan GTR LM where artifacts could be visible with Ray Tracing enabled (Bug ID 3926668, 3926669)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2008 Aston Martin DBS where texture issues were visible on the left door (Bug ID 3926843)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2022 Hyundai Kona Forza Aero front bumper where its end wasn’t fully attached to body (Bug ID 3928807)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2022 Porsche Cayman GT4 RS where it wasn’t possible to remove the rear wing (Bug ID 3914148)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2021 RJ Anderson #37 Polaris RZR Pro 4 Truck where searchlights are not correctly working in the dark (Bug ID 3930227)

That's probably because the pack is not in the store yet. At least, I can't find it anywhere.

That's probably because the pack is not in the store yet. At least, I can't find it anywhere.
They have a lot of car packs release problems lately do they 😑 i remember the Cayman GT4RS one came empty yet it was on store.

It's weird, though, because I saw someone driving what appeared to be the new SL 63 when I went in game just now. But the car pack wouldn't work for me either.

Edit: The pack just went live on Steam:
1709058637875.png

Last edited:
It's weird, though, because I saw someone driving what appeared to be the new SL 63 when I went in game just now. But the car pack wouldn't work for me either.
Drivatars tend to use unreleased cars freely after update. It's sort of teaser i guess

Edit : This is all i found out about xbox/ms store
IMG_20240227_194858.jpg

Last edited:
Just got the new car pack.
300E AMG Hammer Eagon.jpg

Weirdly, the blue is the only factory color for the Hammer Wagon.
Continental GTC W12.jpg

The Bentley's roof can be dropped down but sadly it's not animated. It has some factory aero/add-on parts available.
XE SV Project8.jpg

One of my favorite Jag. The car has factory aero options to make the wingless Touring version.
Battista.jpg

Probably the best looking electric car in the game atm.

Last edited:
Best I could find:
View attachment 1332143

The lip just above the exhaust looks a bit different?
1709064328806.jpeg

This pic should be the specific car depicted in FH5, which might explain the bumper lip a bit better. Still not sure how the proportions are so off though, especially when the other cars that were evidently captured in the same batch are spot on.

Actually they might be the same car, just different lighting in the photos and a new plate.

Last edited:
The Mercedes Hammer Estate is great car in stock form. I've just set my fastest rivals 'B' class time around The Goliath in it. It would've been a clean time but for one pesky rock on the outside of the bend after the third bridge in Copper Canyon.

Nearly 190 mph on the motorway too. It's a great 'B' class car.

Well I guess everyone is having fun with the DLC and not posting :D

I'm a little unhappy that the Project 8 became a track toy class car, not a super saloon. But everything else about it is great - the grip, the sound, the customisations (including removing the standard aero package). I'm really happy to have it.

The Bentley is also a lot of fun, and drives extremely well for what it is. I was hoping there would be 2-tone manufacturer paint options like the other Conti in game, but sadly not. I guess Bentley stopped that approach?

The Hammer Wagon I'll leave for another time. I was enjoying the Project 8 too much and didn't try it yet :D

The Battista is interesting. I was almost as fast around Horizon Circuit Mexico as with the production Nevera, despite 40 PI difference. The Battista feels just as fast as the Nevera and on paper the stats look very similar so I'm not really sure why the Nevera has such a high PI (higher than the Concept 2 which is lighter and clearly faster than the production Nevera after all).

So either the Battista punches above its PI value or the Nevera needs to drop 30 odd PI. Here are my very unscientific comparison lap times:
  • Rimac Concept 2 (S2-963): 0:57.131
  • Rimac Nivera (S2-968): 0:58.031
  • Pininfarina Battista (S2-928): 0:58.386

These little electric bubble cars by Microlino could be fun in game. Something we could race against the CheeseCube.

I'm a big fan of the Microlino. It's just a shame we'll never get them in the US.

Still not sure how the proportions are so off though, especially when the other cars that were evidently captured in the same batch are spot on.
I'm half-convinced this was done by AI modeling. Ain't no way this would pass quality standards. Which is not surprising considering Microsoft heavily invested in the AI department, whether it is to produce forced buzzwords, or worse, fabricating fake 10/10 reviews on Metacritic.

This wagon would've been the highlight of the car pack, but it is so badly butchered. It's comparable to that horribly-modeled wagon SCS added to ETS2.

To wit, here's the shoddily modeled BMW wagon they added:
1709076815083.jpeg

1709076823973.jpeg

Which looks like a cheaply AI modeled version of what looks like a 5-series Touring. Yes, I am aware all of the cars itself are unlicensed and the game is a truck simulator. There's now cop versions of this too in Switzerland, Germany and Czechia.

IMO the Merc wagon is worse modeled because it's actually a licensed product.

Last edited:

Rather than a manufacturer model, it represents a single specific tuned car, kind of like the Deberti and Forsberg cars. It was built out of a 300TD diesel by AMG North America, who were the licensed dealer for AMG in that region, out of genuine AMG parts including a 6.0 4-valve crate engine. AMG themselves never put the 4-valve in a wagon, so this dealer-built car is the only one. This is also probably why it's named 'AMG Hammer' in the game, the nickname coined by a magazine review, when AMG would have just labelled it a 300TE 6.0 AMG.

The same owner who commissioned the 4-valve wagon also had a coupe and saloon built with the same engine. The wagon and coupe were sold as a pair to another owner (who loaned them to PG for the scan), while the saloon went to someone else, which might suggest why it hasn't been featured in Forza yet.

Best I could find:
The lip just above the exhaust looks a bit different?

That black car is the other wagon built by AMG North America, with a 6.0 2-valve in it. Not an identical spec, but many similar parts, and probably circa 310bhp as even when AMG-modified the standard Mercedes heads don't flow brilliantly well compared to the bespoke AMG 4-valve heads.

Just got the new car pack.
View attachment 1332134
View attachment 1332138
The Bentley's roof can be dropped down but sadly it's not animated. It has some factory aero/add-on parts available.
View attachment 1332140
One of my favorite Jag. The car has factory aero options to make the wingless Touring version.
View attachment 1332142
Probably the best looking electric car in the game atm.
The Continental GT Convertible's OEM parts are from the Continental GT Speed.

I'm a big fan of the Microlino. It's just a shame we'll never get them in the US.
Just illegaly import them through a "seller". What is stopping you from getting forbidden fruit? Nothing is, if I may say so myself.

But then again, the Microlino isn't designed around highway use, but city use? Yes, yes and yes. It's not like they're going to arrest you and go to jail just for driving a strange car. There's no laws that say you can't import any JDM car or one of those Euro-hatches.

Last edited:
I'm half-convinced this was done by AI modeling. Ain't no way this would pass quality standards. Which is not surprising considering Microsoft heavily invested in the AI department, whether it is to produce forced buzzwords, or worse, fabricating fake 10/10 reviews on Metacritic.

This wagon would've been the highlight of the car pack, but it is so badly butchered. It's comparable to that horribly-modeled wagon SCS added to ETS2.

To wit, here's the shoddily modeled BMW wagon they added:

Which looks like a cheaply AI modeled version of what looks like a 5-series Touring. Yes, I am aware all of the cars itself are unlicensed and the game is a truck simulator. There's now cop versions of this too in Switzerland, Germany and Czechia.

IMO the Merc wagon is worse modeled because it's actually a licensed product.
I'm not really sure "AI modelling" is a thing, and certainly not to the extent that it would create actual cars with parts that fit together.

Either way, the Hammer Wagon's ID of 3177 puts it as being modelled shortly after the 2019 BMW Z4, solidly in the FH4 days, where AI was way less of a thing than it is today.

Back