Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,981 comments
1708970058513.png

Double Double Cab

Quadruple Cab?

What I don't really get is what GTC is that supposed to be, at least with brand new models only the Speed (minus special editions) has the W12, and has the 'Speed' badges in the fenders...this one doesn't have them, so it means it's a normal GTC...with a W12.

Unless things in 2021 were different/US market has some specific changes, yup, I don't get it.

It's got amber side markers which are mandated on US markets. So this is a US-spec model.
I know, that's why I was saying that unless US market cars somehow didn't got the Speed badges, I still don't know what this trim is supposed to be...AFAIK if is a W12, it has to be a Speed. Official Bentley configurator don't allow otherwise.

European Automotive update – a more… conventional update in some regards, being more focused on the cars themselves over anything else. Not that I mind however, and speaking of cars...
Ok, maybe it's time RCE actually sued me now.
AM Valkyrie AMR: Honestly, I think the ”regular” Valkyrie is plenty enough for the game, so the AMR feels a bit reduntant to me. That being said, I know for certain there will be alot of people happy with this car, so eh. Have fun IG.
Lancia Fulvia: Need I say more?
VW ID4: Not a car I ever expected to grace Forza Horizon. In some ways though, it is a pretty good fit, especially as it is what is basically everyday car heaven. Provided it’s got some solid upgrades (Rimac swap plz???) it could even be good fun to drive aswell. At the very least, I hope that’s the case.
Citroen DS23: Blblblblblblblblblbll (this is the sound of someone being so excited they’re having an imaginary seizure).
Mercedes AMG SL 63: Oooh! Me likey.
Lotus Esprit V8: Why have we not had this thing for so long? Seriously? The fact that its returning IS a good thing, but… if PG could not delete this thing from future FH launches, that’d be even better.
Mercedes-Benz 500E: Unexpected, that's for sure. But VERY welcome in any case. The Hammer Coupe is cool, but I really, really like this. Always have.
VW DoKa: Not a favourite of mine, but like the AMR it does have its appeal, so...
Pininfarina Battista: Welp, better late than never I suppose. In essence, a Rimac Nevera but with a different design. IDK if its better than the Rimac per se but its cool regardless.
Jaguar XE Project 8: Hold up, lemme just do my best Jeremy Clarkson impression – ”YEEEES. We’ve got the one car truly missing from the game and it’s a Jaaaaaag.”
Bentley Continental GT: About time we got a newer Bentley in the game. Now, if only we could get the old (2010) Continental Supersports as well in order to have Forza feature all three generations of the Continental at some point, that’d be neat.
Mercedes-Benz AMG Hammer Wagon: Well… more wagons is always cool. More old wagons I’d argue is extra cool. I’m fine with this goofy laugh.

I'm as happy as a pig in the proverbial with this update 😀😀😀😀🐖🐖🐖🐖💩💩💩💩
Weirdly I'm very much the opposite.

I guess the hook is the Valkyrie AMR Pro, but it's so soon after the Valkyrie that it's hard to get excited about it for me (not that S2s do it for me anyway). The rest of the cars seem so... safe, but also unfocused. I'm not really sure what they're going for with it - four German cars (a camper pickup and an EV among them), two mid-engined British cars, and one French and one Italian classic... 🤷‍♂️

Then I see a playlist with three Seasonal Playground Games in one season. Apropos of that, there's also an Eliminator in that week, so 35pt from online and expansions; obviously they haven't shown all the Daily Challenges yet, but if there's a single one in there, 40pt that week is impossible for base game owners without Core (and as it is you need to do everything to get to 40). That has happened before, so I hope it isn't happening again.

And yet another monetised four-car pack which is... what the sixth or seventh month in a row? I forget. Still feels icky.

I need something on which to hook the article I'm pretending to write, and I'm just not feeling it. It's about the third or fourth one that hasn't given me something that grabs me.

I know, that's why I was saying that unless US market cars somehow didn't got the Speed badges, I still don't know what this trim is supposed to be...AFAIK if is a W12, it has to be a Speed. Official Bentley configurator don't allow otherwise.
The Continental GT/GTC was available with both V8 and W12 engine in standard trim when launched. Later they axed the normal W12 version, with V8 became the only engine option for normal GT/GTC. Probably because of the W12 Speed version was introduced.

Last edited:

I guess the hook is the Valkyrie AMR Pro, but it's so soon after the Valkyrie that it's hard to get excited about it for me (not that S2s do it for me anyway). The rest of the cars seem so... safe, but also unfocused. I'm not really sure what they're going for with it - four German cars (a camper pickup and an EV among them), two mid-engined British cars, and one French and one Italian classic... 🤷‍♂️

Then I see a playlist with three Seasonal Playground Games in one season. Apropos of that, there's also an Eliminator in that week, so 35pt from online and expansions; obviously they haven't shown all the Daily Challenges yet, but if there's a single one in there, 40pt that week is impossible for base game owners without Core (and as it is you need to do everything to get to 40). That has happened before, so I hope it isn't happening again.

And yet another monetised four-car pack which is... what the sixth or seventh month in a row? I forget. Still feels icky.

I need something on which to hook the article I'm pretending to write, and I'm just not feeling it. It's about the third or fourth one that hasn't given me something that grabs me.
If I had to pick out a theme, it's "Europe's Most Requested." There's a lot of cars in the Playlist that feel like they were chosen based on user requests, like the Esprit, Valkyrie AMR, and especially the Fulvia and 500 E. The SL 63 and ID.4 (and maybe the Battista) feel like the only cars here that were added by marketing's request, if that makes sense.

The reason I'm happy is the reason you're not bud. I like the middle of the road every day cars. To me there's much more you can do with them in game and they're a lot more relatable to the player I feel.

That's not to say I don't think there should be super/hyper cars in game, there should be. But updates like this, at least for me, help keep the balance between the car variants.

I am with you though 100% on the playlist issue you raise. The player should always be able to obtain the reward cars each week without having to pay to do so though DLC add ons. Hopefully when they release the full details this won't be the case.

Wait, three playground games in one season? Oh dear, that's certainly a choice...I must say, I've never been a fan of those being in the playlist at all so that's not great for me. Might boot the game up to grab the DS though since it's just an event reward this time.

Unrelated but... for some reason this makes me think "this is a collab/sponsored update". Just has that stench about it.

1708972362501.png

Last edited:
I like the middle of the road every day cars.
Me too, and this isn't really that.

I mean, I guess the ID.4 is pretty much the average EV but I'm not really feeling that there's much desire for one of those generally; all I can say is I know I'm not really fussed by it (and I think I've driven one but I can't remember, which isn't a good sign), but it's also not helped along especially in that regard by being a Volkswagen.

The Esprit is about middle for FH performance levels, and that's the car I'm most into here... but it's also a returning car so I'm not mega-hyped either. I do like a DS23 (and, ironically, I hope there's an EV swap for that as it's a great car with a tragic engine; quiet "go" would suit it perfectly), and you can't hate a Fulvia... but both are returnees too.

Obviously licensing is the primary concern with this sort of thing as always (it doesn't matter what anybody wants if there's no licence), but I wouldn't have gone with 75% of the all-new cars being German, half being German or old or slow or a combination thereof, and 50% returnee.

Two Brits, two German, two French, two Italian would be fine - or since we've had German and Italian series already, two Brits, two French, and four from anywhere else (Czech, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss). Drop the 500E for any Octavia vRS, the ID.4 for any Seat Cupra (or just Cupra, other than the ones already in), the SL63 for a Polestar 1 (this isn't going to happen, for reference, unless Polestar has changed its mind about licensing), and the Esprit for an MC20, and I'd be not making this post - or the last one.

I also wouldn't have then slapped the Project 8 into a paid pack; swap that with the Doku and you would make this update about six times better than it is.

Edit: I'm also ornery because the accompanying official website article is eight kinds of ****ed-up again. How do you only get three of the car images (and all three are from the paid pack...) embedded right?

Last edited:
Time to head over to r/forza to read the "Where's my five dollar MC20?!11!?" posts. Naaaah, maybe not.

EDIT: Whoops, not directed at you, @Famine

Last edited:
Unrelated but... for some reason this makes me think "this is a collab/sponsored update". Just has that stench about it.

View attachment 1331900
Perhaps this is where we'll see that leaked new Drag PR Stunt?

Or an overhaul to the Head-2-Head race mode possibly? That's what I'm gleaning from "Race-Off"

Especially if there is a community challenge - we'll have to complete a certain number of "Race-Offs" to unlock a car much like the Secret Santa events.

Wait for the light to turn green and floor the accelerator! The Horizon Festival is off to the races with Horizon Race-Off, the next update coming to Forza Horizon 5
This was at the end of the FM.net article, definitely sounds like that leaked PR stunt/H2H mode from a while back.

Last edited:
Me too, and this isn't really that.

I mean, I guess the ID.4 is pretty much the average EV but I'm not really feeling that there's much desire for one of those generally; all I can say is I know I'm not really fussed by it (and I think I've driven one but I can't remember, which isn't a good sign), but it's also not helped along especially in that regard by being a Volkswagen.

The Esprit is about middle for FH performance levels, and that's the car I'm most into here... but it's also a returning car so I'm not mega-hyped either. I do like a DS23 (and, ironically, I hope there's an EV swap for that as it's a great car with a tragic engine; quiet "go" would suit it perfectly), and you can't hate a Fulvia... but both are returnees too.

Obviously licensing is the primary concern with this sort of thing as always (it doesn't matter what anybody wants if there's no licence), but I wouldn't have gone with 75% of the all-new cars being German, half being German or old or slow or a combination thereof, and 50% returnee.

Two Brits, two German, two French, two Italian would be fine - or since we've had German and Italian series already, two Brits, two French, and four from anywhere else (Czech, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss). Drop the 500E for any Octavia vRS, the ID.4 for any Seat Cupra (or just Cupra, other than the ones already in), the SL63 for a Polestar 1 (this isn't going to happen, for reference, unless Polestar has changed its mind about licensing), and the Esprit for an MC20, and I'd be not making this post - or the last one.

I also wouldn't have then slapped the Project 8 into a paid pack; swap that with the Doku and you would make this update about six times better than it is.
Granted it is a very German heavy series. A wider spread of national vehicles would've been nice, especially the Skoda's bud.

I think you've hit the nail on the head though, it does indeed come down to licensing permissions. It is a pity when companies like PoleStar and Rolls Royce for example don't want their vehicles in games. Rolls Royce in FH4 was a glorious opportunity that went begging. However, the vehicles are their intellectual property and we have to respect their stance.

Finally I do think the cars are middle of the road centric this coming series. The ID 4, Fulvia, DS3 and the 500E are all middle of the road cars for a FH title.

Back