Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,559 comments
Playground, get this in Update 36, pronto!

esjv78sn6qbd1.jpeg
One quote cross my mind after seeing this image is "Missfiringu System"

Playground, get this in Update 36, pronto!

esjv78sn6qbd1.jpeg
If we don't get this at some point in FH5 then that is criminal.

But also saying that we have nearly another full year of content coming to FH5 since there is no word of FH6 anytime soon so fingers crossed we'll get it in a future update.

Last edited:
If we don't get this at some point in FH5 then that is criminal.

But also saying that we have nearly another full year of content coming to FH5 since there is no word of FH6 anytime soon so fingers crossed we'll get it in a future update.
Just thinking about DLC packs so far in FH5...

Everything was covered by the Ultimate Edition from launch (Oct 2021) until June 2023. Since then we've had 10 DLC packs over the course of 1 year. That year added around ~70 new cars for free via the Seasonal Playlist, plus 47 new cars as paid DLC.

So in theory if we have another year of service, they could end up giving us another 110-120 cars via the playlist and another 10 DLC packs (with a total price of $70 if you add them all up)....

I guess we will just have to see how it goes.

Edit: Another 120 cars will get us really close to 1000 cars in game. That would be an astonishing number...

Last edited:
Just thinking about DLC packs so far in FH5...

Everything was covered by the Ultimate Edition from launch (Oct 2021) until June 2023. Since then we've had 10 DLC packs over the course of 1 year. That year added around ~70 new cars for free via the Seasonal Playlist, plus 47 new cars as paid DLC.

So in theory if we have another year of service, they could end up giving us another 110-120 cars via the playlist and another 10 DLC packs (with a total price of $70 if you add them all up)....

I guess we will just have to see how it goes.

Edit: Another 120 cars will get us really close to 1000 cars in game. That would be an astonishing number...
Important point, there is no "Ultimate Edition" of Forza Horizon 5. The most complex one is Premium Edition, this means that it doesn't have to include all DLCs. There is a possibility that the developers will release an Ultimate Edition towards the end of the game's support to summarize everything that has been released and give late players the opportunity to get everything at once.

Be advised, the PR stunts this week are definitely intended for veteran players. They want you to work for your Taycan, holy crap.
I've not done the two Drift Zones (because there's a Daily for it, and **** drifting more than I have to), but the Danger Sign on the mainland and Speed Zone in RA weren't that bad - Rimac Concept Two and Hoonigan RS200 respectively.

I've not done the two Drift Zones (because there's a Daily for it, and **** drifting more than I have to), but the Danger Sign on the mainland and Speed Zone in RA weren't that bad - Rimac Concept Two and Hoonigan RS200 respectively.
Oh the Formula Drift cars break Drift Zones clean in half, I just breeze through 'em whenever S2 Anything Goes PR Stunts come along and give me the opportunity. I don't think a single one's given me any sort of trouble.

Okay. The Gummy Bear Circuit really feels like it belongs in a Forza Horizon game; I just beat it to unlock my Taycan Cross Turbo, but holy crap it's probably the best off-road EventLab I've ever played. Hats off to XRCosworth, man.

Be advised, the PR stunts this week are definitely intended for veteran players. They want you to work for your Taycan, holy crap.
I would suggest a fully-upgraded V8-swapped Hoonigan RS200 Evolution with a twin turbo conversion and tuned into a rally build.

Important point, there is no "Ultimate Edition" of Forza Horizon 5. The most complex one is Premium Edition, this means that it doesn't have to include all DLCs. There is a possibility that the developers will release an Ultimate Edition towards the end of the game's support to summarize everything that has been released and give late players the opportunity to get everything at once.
Premium Edition is the new Ultimate Edition. I doubt they will release and Ultimate Edition that includes everything, since they didn't do it for FH3 or FH4.

Hah, it certainly doesn't look that way. One tiny building in the main festival does not an interesting Evolving World set piece make. And this studio lighting pretty much indicates this is mostly for Photo Mode, so... I can't imagine anyone other than FH5 photo mode creators making much use of the place.

1720716356486.png

EDIT: I think I know almost exactly where this is, this is in the western section of Mulege, or at least close by. I'm driving around, the terrain and time of day right now are almost a perfect match.
1720716846724.png

Last edited:
If they give us the location and make some kind of event location related to convoys and groups, I could see that being a useful if small addition.

People who want to chill together heading to the cars and coffee location and starting an event would work quite well, but it would reduce the number of people chilling on the drag strip by the festival…

If they give us the location and make some kind of event location related to convoys and groups, I could see that being a useful if small addition.

People who want to chill together heading to the cars and coffee location and starting an event would work quite well, but it would reduce the number of people chilling on the drag strip by the festival…
Even so, we already have the Horizon Tour building on the Festival's north side, and that's basically an easy way to find good convoys--aside from either being invited to your friend group's convoy or joining one from the Online menu. It seems more like either a mini-drift arena or a Photo Mode studio--which, to be fair, we actually haven't had much of the latter at all aside from the mini-outposts in Horizon Anniversary, since a good chunk of Evolving World stuff naturally allows for great photography already. Having an actual dedicated Photo Mode studio for this month only would make some degree of sense, even if I wouldn't directly engage with it after seeing it once.

One other thing I found interesting is the design on the shop's outer wall. That looks like a suped-up American muscle car; it probably doesn't mean anything but are we getting at least one muscle car out of this?
1720717939330.png

Last edited:
Was it not Café-tivating enough for you?
I'm just tired of all this noshing on the most tedious automotive "culture" trends.

What happened to just... liking cars? Why's it got to be all car bro, Mustangbro, wanky catchphrase-for-the-merch YT dudebro themed horsecrap?

If it ever gets to Jerry ****ing Seinfeld, James ****ing Corden, or ****ing Shmee, I'm going to find out how to pull the digital version of the game out of my Xbox into physical form just so I can stamp on it, wazz on it, and set it on fire.

I'm just tired of all this noshing on the most tedious automotive "culture" trends.

What happened to just... liking cars? Why's it got to be all car bro, Mustangbro, wanky catchphrase-for-the-merch YT dudebro themed horsecrap?

If it ever gets to Jerry ****ing Seinfeld, James ****ing Corden, or ****ing Shmee, I'm going to find out how to pull the digital version of the game out of my Xbox into physical form just so I can stamp on it, wazz on it, and set it on fire.
Liking cars comes from culture trends too. F&F was just a representation of car culture of its time, and it still has an effect on what cars people like or don't like. It also shaped one of the most popular racing game frachises of all time (that some call the peak).
You can look further back to titles like Bullit, Italian Job, Gone in 60 seconds etc.

There always has been culture associated associated with cars. It has just now evolved into video games. Being cheesy is also a part of it. There is also a significant rise in media becoming more brutal/violent/gritty recently. Maybe that will influence FH6 (it won't lol).

I mean they also have to make up themes for 35 updates and counting, after already making 37 for FH4.

I don't disagree, to be honest. It's the live service aspect, I guess, having to please everyone at the cost of having no sense of real nuance to cars at all. Games like this would love for you to have a squad to hang out with every time you boot up the game, and that's kind of the same energy as this same exact dudebro stuff Donut or Cars and Coffee shows bring to the table. Horizon hasn't ever really been as sophisticated as Motorsport or Gran Turismo, sure, but I don't think any Horizon game has been so focused on the idea of the "Horizon Adventure" as 5 has been, for better and worse.

This Cars and Coffee outpost just feels like more of the same, a shallow imitation of what makes those events so interesting from an outsider's perspective. With Donut potentially on deck for the car pack, it's just gonna feel all that much worse.

Liking cars comes from culture trends too.
Sure, but these are toxic and exclusionary trends.

Just. Make. The. Car. Game. About. Cars.

Modern Horizons good. Horizon Retrowave good. Celebrating the worst of automotive "culture" bad.

When it comes to cars and coffee, I remember I had a high school teacher who said that it's all about "espresso and Ferrari".

Maybe we could see at least one Ferrari? Like maybe the Daytona SP3?

And given the coffee theme, I believe a lot of people will expect the Suzuki Cappuccino and some classic kei cars.

Not to mention the Mitsubishi EVO III, as it was introduced in FM8 just recently.

What I'm honestly thinking about is... just how straight they chose to play this. They could have made the coffee shop not bear the name of the Series, called it Cafe Horizon, and made it more... natural, I guess, and I think I would have been fine with it. Hell, just toss it into or right next to the Stadium and bring back the Stunt Arena and that'd have been even better. Instead they literally planted the Series name on the side of the Coffee Shop, threw it into Mulege, the tertiary Evolving World location after the highway and Stadium, and made it so obviously meant for Photo Mode creators that it actually kinda hurts.

It's kinda like watching your favorite spot turn into a place for influencers to make content, I guess. Not a fan of it at all design-wise.

EDIT: Like... okay, it seems like the basic idea behind this one is essentially just "make a Series we can attach something related to Donut Media to without making it a full-size Donut Media Part 3." The goofiness of the Coffee Shop just screams that out to me.

Last edited:
It's got to be more than just a photo spot...
That road around it seems to indicate there's some possibility for drifting. But its main purpose seems to be Photo Mode; if they want this update to be a celebration of that side of the community, though, then why not pair it with a Photo Mode update like Explore the Horizon? No need for this car culture exploitation.

It’s possible that they might get tie in’s from the cars and coffee community though isn’t it?

It’s possible that they might get tie in’s from the cars and coffee community though isn’t it?
I doubt it, otherwise we'd be seeing clear-as-day logos for a major event on the Coffee Shop. The only tie-in I expect is Donut Media through a Car Pack, and that's probably going to be very minor.

If you're struggling on the Danger Sign try my Mosler tune.

1000009905.png
1000009906.png

I can't help with the drift zone much sorry. I'm awful at drifting as you'll see from the club leaderboards.

Back