Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,134 comments
I was in a rush to get the new cars this morning before heading to work. I tried the photo challenge since I only needed one more point to hit 20, and was very surprised the Jesko wasn't eligible considering they show it right there in the challenge photo. I didn't have time to figure out what was eligible, so I'm still stuck at 19 points until I get home.

I was in a rush to get the new cars this morning before heading to work. I tried the photo challenge since I only needed one more point to hit 20, and was very surprised the Jesko wasn't eligible considering they show it right there in the challenge photo. I didn't have time to figure out what was eligible, so I'm still stuck at 19 points until I get home.
Now you can show off by completing the challenge with the D-class 300 SL :D

The Jesko being on the picture was clearly a joke since it's been tested as the fastest (upgraded) car in FH5, and they are clearly aware of this.

Last edited:
Now you can show off by completing the challenge with the D-class 300 SL :D
To finish off last week's daily challenges, it was necessary to gift a car. I didn't have any to gift, so I bought a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR for 143,000,000 credits and gave it away. I figured if I've got to buy a car from the autoshow to gift, then I might as well go big.

So both the Ioniq 5 N and the Kia EV6 GT are Sports Utility Heroes-class cars, which makes sense now that I realize this is probably Team Off-Road's reward for 'winning' the Race-Off. But holy crap, the Ioniq 5 N is actually just a few tens of PI points behind the Urus in terms of stock PI, and it's an EV so you can tweak its top speed on the fly using final drive tuning. Now I know why they didn't just make the Ioniq a Series reward.

1719537086289.png

1719537116554.png

ioniq 5 N 8-speed or no?
the playground left the car lacking resources unfortunately.

Last edited:
ioniq 5 N 8-speed or no?
the playground left the car lacking resources unfortunately.

If you watch their update 35 stream you know the answer for that question. The reason is to differentiate gas car from ev cars. If they simulate it, will it be technically simulating a simulated engine sound?

If you watch their update 35 stream you know the answer for that question. The reason is to differentiate gas car from ev cars. If they simulate it, will it be technically simulating a simulated engine sound?
Not wrong, but instead of a drift mode, one could have been an ICE mode.

But if the car has these features and they don't add them, then the playground was wrong to not add them. unfortunately the car was incomplete, and what made the car interesting is now just another electric car.

Last edited:
This is the reason they gave during the stream, yeah, and it does honestly make sense, since Playground has been pro-EV for a long time. But I think the real reason is technical, mostly to do with old code; I had a look at the XML files for the cars, and it looks like each one can only have one set of engine sounds at a time, only changed by engine swaps and upgrades that modify it like.exhaust and intakes. If they wanted to use the simulated ICE and simulated gears, in, say, a new driving mode, that would basically require rewriting that XML code, and the code that handles driving modes, for one car, which might not be seen as worth doing at the possible tail end of a live service game like what FH5 is at now. Thus it's just easier to port what you have from the Nevera and Mustang Mach-E, which just changes the way the drivetrain operates, and stick with the EV mode.

Now, would it be possible to create new "engine swap" and "transmission" upgrades to let players still have that mode but at a price rather than at the press of a button? I think so, they've done it in the past for EV battery swaps and especially the four-speed drift transmission EVs have. But that isn't high on PG's priority list, especially considering how little Hyundai or Microsoft probably actually paid PG to include the Ioniq 5 N in FH5.

Out of curiosity: Did they really forget to use the current Kia logo for the UI screen? I mean they have it on the EV6, which is personally a decent EV.
I think so, now that I think about it. They must've gotten permission from either Hyundai or Kia itself to use it for the sake of readability on the UI screen, but... that doesn't matter when you've got the manufacturer name on a bar on the top of the screen! :P

Latest Posts

Back