Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,134 comments
zach and jeremiah left donut media and makes me wonder if this affects the donut media pt3 in the future.

I mean, the main guys are still there, and any material these two have done for FH5 had to have been recorded before this move. So if we do get a Donut Media Part 3 it'd probably still include them, if not be the absolute last thing they do as part of Donut.

Having said that though... At this point I'm wondering if they'd just fulfill that obligation by making a Donut Media car pack for next month. I think @Turboteg90 joked about next month's series being called "Coffee and Donuts"--if PG wanted to be cheeky about the Cars and Coffee thing they could release it then, preface it on the stream with a "What goes great with coffee? Donuts!" and call it good with Donut's involvement with FH5.

I mean, the main guys are still there, and any material these two have done for FH5 had to have been recorded before this move. So if we do get a Donut Media Part 3 it'd probably still include them, if not be the absolute last thing they do as part of Donut.

Having said that though... At this point I'm wondering if they'd just fulfill that obligation by making a Donut Media car pack for next month. I think @Turboteg90 joked about next month's series being called "Coffee and Donuts"--if PG wanted to be cheeky about the Cars and Coffee thing they could release it then, preface it on the stream with a "What goes great with coffee? Donuts!" and call it good with Donut's involvement with FH5.
Oh I hope not. I have no love for the Donut Media content in game. It's a purely personal opinion but I just find them loud, shouty and very, very annoying.

I only ever played the in game Donut Media content once to get the cars as I'm a garage completion nut. I would rather poop in my own hands and clap vigorously than have to play more Donut Media storylines.

I hope the Coffee Shop is a car meet hang out for players or something very similar. With a dash of Suzuki Cappuccino thrown in.

Didn't think about Donut Media perhaps being involved. It does make sense.
Oh I hope not. I have no love for the Donut Media content in game. It's a purely personal opinion but I just find them loud, shouty and very, very annoying.

I only ever played the in game Donut Media content once to get the cars as I'm a garage completion nut. I would rather poop in my own hands and clap vigorously than have to play more Donut Media storylines.

I hope the Coffee Shop is a car meet hang out for players or something very similar. With a dash of Suzuki Cappuccino thrown in.
Don't worry, I think it would just be the car pack, if they do anything at all with Donut. We might be at the tail end of the live service, since we're closing in on where FH4 ended (Series 37 I do believe), so the likelihood of Horizon Story is... slim to none in my opinion.

But, again, having said that... I went back to the Explore the Horizon stream, and looked at the Coming Soon screen for Upgrade Heroes (which turned out to be Donut Media Part 2)... they didn't even hint at a coming Horizon Story there either. The only warning we got about it being Donut Media Part 2 was that HiLow "teaser" at the end. Which, in Cafe Horizon's defense, the Modern Horizons steam didn't have, so we might be in the clear, but we all know that's not gonna stop PG from goin' "Surprise! Donut Media Car Pack!" next month! :P

1719004788574.png

And no, I am not ever gonna call Series 36 Horizon Cars and Coffee. Y'all are gonna have to kill me. :P

I've been thinking about the car pack this month. I think it's obvious the price will be at least partly down to the cost of the Universal licensing, which isn't cheap.
Anyway, we've finally decided to give it the 👍
20240621_215726.jpg

That was taken in 2017 (at London Comic Con).

Also, I can see both sides of the argument regarding the three time machines. But BTTF will always be my favourite 80s movie. And it's the fan aspect that makes purchase for me compulsory.

2015 was a big year at London Comic Con with Sigourney Weaver, Carrie Fisher and Bill Paxton attending (we didnt realise quite how lucky the timing was as both Carrie and Bill passed just months later (rest in peace) .

But it was also the 30th anniversary of BTTF and London Comic Con pulled off a huge coup that year. As it became the "official" anniversary reunion for cast.
Including Michael and Christopher:
20240621_220754.jpg

(We were not allowed to talk to Michael in the photo shoot but I said "thank you for coming" anyway and he replied "you're welcome". Someone moved which wrecked the photo with Christopher sadly.)
And another 7 cast members, all of whom were great with the fans:
20240621_221949.jpg

Hearing him sing Earth Angel live on stage during the full cast talk was a wonderful moment 🥲
And with that I'm off to check the flux capacitor as it's been playing up again...

@Edax 76 should be drooling with envy at this point ;)

PS This pack still should have come out last month but I'm sure that wasn't PGs fault.

I've been thinking about the car pack this month. I think it's obvious the price will be at least partly down to the cost of the Universal licensing, which isn't cheap.
Anyway, we've finally decided to give it the 👍
View attachment 1366753
That was taken in 2017 (at London Comic Con).

Also, I can see both sides of the argument regarding the three time machines. But BTTF will always be my favourite 80s movie. And it's the fan aspect that makes purchase for me compulsory.

2015 was a big year at London Comic Con with Sigourney Weaver, Carrie Fisher and Bill Paxton attending (we didnt realise quite how lucky the timing was as both Carrie and Bill passed just months later (rest in peace) .

But it was also the 30th anniversary of BTTF and London Comic Con pulled off a huge coup that year. As it became the "official" anniversary reunion for cast.
Including Michael and Christopher:
View attachment 1366758
(We were not allowed to talk to Michael in the photo shoot but I said "thank you for coming" anyway and he replied "you're welcome". Someone moved which wrecked the photo with Christopher sadly.)
And another 7 cast members, all of whom were great with the fans:
View attachment 1366760
Hearing him sing Earth Angel live on stage during the full cast talk was a wonderful moment 🥲
And with that I'm off to check the flux capacitor as it's been playing up again...

@Edax 76 should be drooling with envy at this point ;)

PS This pack still should have come out last month but I'm sure that wasn't PGs fault.
That is one hell of a post bud. Yes I'm drooling with envy and shaking with jealousy.

Those pics with Michael and Christopher in the Delorean are amazing. Stricklands autograph as well 👍👍.

Thank you for sharing the pics @sirjim73 they're brilliant.

zach and jeremiah left donut media and makes me wonder if this affects the donut media pt3 in the future.

They’re the two most hands on knowledgeable car guys Donut had. Hard to replace with good on screen personalities.

Probably means even more Wish car product reviews and trivia on Donut.

Brought to my attention from a buddy in the Casual Racing Mondays Discord.

Another update has ever so quietly added engine swaps in the 1.6 Turbo Rally & 7.2 Racing V8 to the Time Attack Evo. 😉

Not the first time they’ve added engine swaps after a car has joined the roster either, the Toyota Camry 2JZ Nascar got the same Racing V8 many moons ago.

They’re the two most hands on knowledgeable car guys Donut had. Hard to replace with good on screen personalities.

Probably means even more Wish car product reviews and trivia on Donut.
As long as the rest of their contract lasts long enough to get successors on board, I hope they can resolve those quickly. But I have a feeling the channel might shift to more evergreen content eventually and this is part of that.

Also, I just realized--we're getting four off-road reward cars this Series and exactly one asphalt reward. Four asphalt and six off-road if you count the Car Pack and consider the BTTF3 an off-road Time Machine like I do. No wonder this update's been so polarizing, the asphalt side got shafted. :P

This weeks "Round the Clock" championship was a good opportunity to use some of the new race cars we got in the "Hitting the Apex" DLC. The Porsche, Merc and Cadillac where just perfect for these races. I actually did this championship 3 times to try different cars on different tracks.

This weeks "Round the Clock" championship was a good opportunity to use some of the new race cars we got in the "Hitting the Apex" DLC. The Porsche, Merc and Cadillac where just perfect for these races. I actually did this championship 3 times to try different cars on different tracks.
I used the Caddy myself bud for the championship. I didn't do it 3 times though, that's dedication.

Ford's Dark Horse not only is the umpteenth Mustang I own (19 not counting the repeats) but is... nothing special? I would probably have to upgrade it to S1 tier to get something out of it...

I was putting together an S1 rally Camaro for the “ Rally and Camaro-raderie” championship, and I realized there are no third or fourth gen Camaros in the game, which surprised me. It’s true there is a third gen Firebird, but not the Camaro, and neither Chevy or Pontiac have a fourth gen F-platform coupe in the game.

I guess the Devs are having a go at fixing the Horizon Hall of Fame Leaderboard, which is a good thing.

Only problem I haven't been able to see or find myself on it for a few days now which is worrying. I know the board is a complete mess but the fact I don't show at all is concerning. I don't want to be wiped when it's all fixed. I'm legit, I haven't cheated.

Last edited:
I was putting together an S1 rally Camaro for the “ Rally and Camaro-raderie” championship, and I realized there are no third or fourth gen Camaros in the game, which surprised me. It’s true there is a third gen Firebird, but not the Camaro, and neither Chevy or Pontiac have a fourth gen F-platform coupe in the game.
4th gen Camaros and Firebirds are a weird one Forza-wise in that they haven't appeared in any Horizon game. EVER. In the meantime, they've been in every Motorsport since 2 and 3 respectively. Not that they are out of place in Motorsport necessarily, but having Horizon miss out on these legends is pretty dumb IMO.
While I'm pretty sure some of it can be chalked down to Horizon being treated with a lesser status than Motorsport given that they share this fate with the E63 M6, Dodge SRT4, Dodge Shelby GLHS, 2008 Shelby GT500 and many others, with Horizon almost having higher priority now due to its higher profitability (along with FM2023 being a mess) this "division" makes no sense to have now. Not that it did to begin with, but oh well.

Last edited:
I think it's more that they would need to seriously redo any of those car models, and that brings up the opportunity cost aspect:

If you need more resources to source and scan an older car than to accept a manufacturer 3d model of a new car, and the majority of your audience likes modern cars more than older ones, then you have to pick and choose which older cars to source & scan very carefully.

Last edited:
Well... it depends on how good or bad the models are. Some may need a rescan, but there most likely are also others that may not and could be introduced as is, in which case it just depends on what PG has got in store as far as playlists/updates go. I doubt all of them are craptastic, and even if they aren't perfect its not like that has stopped PG before (Testarossa springs to mind).

So, all that talk about Donut Media being involved aside... I genuinely think there's only three or four possibilities as to how they could handle Cafe Horizon next month.

One is basically just releasing a normal Evolving World update without anything to do with Donut Media whatsoever--maybe PG would release a 'Cars and Coffee' car pack that is basically just a delayed Modern Horizons Car Pack with a changed name to disguise the fact that the Universal Icons car pack pushed it out of its slot. This is the second most likely path they could take at this point, especially if you take the Coming Soon screen at face value and assume the Coffee Shop won't serve any practical purpose and is purely for aesthetics/Photo Mode shenanigans, like the Retro Highway. That being said, the only Evolving World updates that were purely aesthetic in the past happened to involve takeovers, like Extreme E and Donut Media Part 1.

The second is releasing the same Evolving World update but with a car pack featuring more Donut Media cars. Most likely this would be a small, four-car car pack like what we've been used to getting. After all, there were only ever two Money Pit cars, and HighTruck and LowTruck were already teased at the end of Donut Media Part 2--not to mention that I sincerely doubt PG would have been able to scan in the High/Low WRX Hawkeyes, since work on those began right after Donut Media Part 1 came out. It wouldn't be too big a stretch to predict that a Donut Media Car Pack would only contain those four cars--HighTruck, LowTruck, the Money Pit BMW, and the Money Pit Miata. Simple as--which is why I'm thinking, if they do have the models, this will be the most likely path for the update.

Now... the forbidden, cursed path would be revealing that Cafe Horizon is actually Donut Media Part 3, complete with surprise Horizon Story focusing on the Money Pit cars, with HighTruck and LowTruck as Story rewards. Honestly this is significantly less likely--even taking into account this update's actual title, Horizon Cars and Coffee, if this turned out to be Donut Media Part 3, that'd mean the full title would be something like "Donut Presents Horizon Cars and Coffee"--which, uh, hell of a mouthful by Series name standards, especially in comparison to 'Donut Upgrade Heroes', or whatever the actual name of that update was. Plus, if I'm being honest, it wouldn't mesh with the update as it's being presented to us now, which is basically the same way all of our updates since the Race-Off have been--a new goofy outfit, new cars, and new EventLab pieces, and that's it. I'd actually quite like to be bamboozled here but I seriously doubt that we will be here.

Does this mean we will only have one Forza Horizon on Gamepass and Gamepass Core will be without a Forza Horizon or could this mean something about Forza Horizon 6?

Attachments

• 449012094_10161606553786907_977538000301920094_n.jpg
    449012094_10161606553786907_977538000301920094_n.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 5
Does this mean we will only have one Forza Horizon on Gamepass and Gamepass Core will be without a Forza Horizon or could this mean something about Forza Horizon 6?
Thanks for the heads up.
They might add FH5 to Core to replace it.
I don't think this means anything about FH6. It's purely down to licences according to that post.

Remember that comment made by Turn10 that games would now avoid licensing issues causing end of life under their new licensing, by being able to just delete specific cars when licences ran out...? I do... this would suggest that hasn't worked for FH4?

The only thing I wish to know is what happens at end of life re the 100s of cars that are NOT available via the Backstage Pass. Will we get them added to buy via a Collection screen, similar to FM7?

I think it's a combination of both factors. FH3 was delisted in September 2020, about a year before FH5 came out in 2021, so there will be only one Horizon game on Game Pass for at least a year or so, depending on Playground's priorities now that Fable's coming out in 2025. Depending on when the live service ends, this could signal something related to a full shift in priorities.

Back