Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Expansion

Shifting Sand dunes maybe? Maybe seasons cause extreme changes to terrain (Summer-Sandy/Dusty, Autumn-Dirt/Muddy, Winter-Snow/Ice and Spring-Grass/Puddles)
Also fun to revisit the codenames for the expansions:

etcasttq4es71.jpg

My guess would be Ventura for this one

Last edited:
One thing worth mentioning: so far each "normal" expansion brought some new capability of the game engine (e.g. snow, storms). For a Baja expansion it would have to be improvements in sand and dirt driving in some way. How about proper rock climbing physics?
If it is Baja focused, perhaps improved rock crawling could be tied to a theme akin to the Baja-style event King of the Hammers?

expansion 2 will undoubtedly experiment with some new features.

My guess:
  1. Deep mud: Think Snowrunners and Spintires. Deep mud like these games could be added and a corresponding new mud tire introduced into the game.
  2. Deep sand: basically a sand version of the above feature. Lighter machines with sand tires will have an advantage in this race.
  3. Rallycross: Forza has had many rallycross machines, but never has a rallycross style event been added to the game. The addition of a full-blown rallycross event with joker laps would be a fitting experiment for a new feature in future Horizon/Motorsport.
  4. Time-based rally: This is not exactly a new feature as it was added in FH1. However, many players have been asking for the return of this feature, and if expansion 2 is off-road based this would be a good opportunity to bring it back.

Does that say Baja or is it some 5 letter word starting with L and ending with S

View attachment 1233273

Good chance we will see the Rivian R1T here
Just to the right of that:
1677013327250.png

Looking at the size of the blue logo before it on both signs, the word looks twice as long, and there's another instance where a very similar wordmark appears:

1677013514900.png

I'm thinking seven or eight letters maybe. Could be "Badlands" although I'm not familiar enough with Mexico to suggest where that is (also we have "Malpais" in FH5 already, and that literally means "badlands" in Spanish).

expansion 2 will undoubtedly experiment with some new features.

My guess:
  1. Deep mud: Think Snowrunners and Spintires. Deep mud like these games could be added and a corresponding new mud tire introduced into the game.
  2. Deep sand: basically a sand version of the above feature. Lighter machines with sand tires will have an advantage in this race.
  3. Rallycross: Forza has had many rallycross machines, but never has a rallycross style event been added to the game. The addition of a full-blown rallycross event with joker laps would be a fitting experiment for a new feature in future Horizon/Motorsport.
  4. Time-based rally: This is not exactly a new feature as it was added in FH1. However, many players have been asking for the return of this feature, and if expansion 2 is off-road based this would be a good opportunity to bring it back.
This would be way more fun than another Lego or extreme weather island.

Forza always has tons of cars but not the same variety of actual racing. Baja and rally really needs more than what you get in cross country events driving through backyard fences or whatever.

Last edited:
Do we already have whatever these trucks are ingame?
Most likely a Ford Ranger for traffic. (*Perhaps the reason it looks like a new truck is because this model is a lower LOD, which is simplified from the Ranger we usually see.)
Or perhaps a Ranger prop with even more simplified detail than the above model will be added as a new eventlab object.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. Didn't this man said he "quit" FH5? Why does HE even care anyway? :lol:
Screenshot_20230221_230323_Chrome.jpg
I don't know who @BlackPanthaaYT is. Should I?
The YT is a big clue to his main avenue to notoriety. I keep getting him mixed up with AR12's Nick but I'm more familiar with either of them than with Donut Media. Not sure this is a good thing.

Tl;dr: no.

He's the biggest Need for Speed creator; he does good stuff.

To be on-topic, here's a video he made so people can see what his Forza content is like:

Last edited:
We've now seen the Quattro S1 is returning based on one of the stream posters too. If that's in, then the somewhat special car I incorrectly predicted a few months back might also make sense. Something from 2001 that wasn't exactly a road vehicle.
Hmm... I'n leaning on either a 2001 WRC, Baja or Dakar winner, if the Rally/Baja theme gets adhered to.

Possibly the Pajero/Montero that won the 2001 Dakar?

Fph1FucXwAAACDk

Can anyone ID this truck?
Might be Raptor or RAM Runner?

Can anyone work out what the other logos are either side of the main logo? Doesn’t look like anything in the game currently. Was trying to think of anything real world that could be tied into the expansion.
Probably some sort of made up brands so it look like the real thing they aim for. But the logo to the right of main logo look similar to Donut media logo in terms colour. The left one looks similar to a brand that i forgot the name of.

Who said I was bored?
The guy shilling for the dead and basically abandoned game with zero replayability that has not received any content update since its launch back in November and as such he hasn't got any content to post so he just rambles nonsense with clickbait titles that tries to pass his opinion as facts. Just like he did with the game that predates it that too was abandoned post-launch within weeks, and the game before and the other game before that one too.

Last edited:
Can't be too upset with another off road racing expansion but can understand why people are disappointed by it. 90% of the Dirt and Cross Country routes in the game are too fast, flat and generic with too many artificially placed ramps and smashable objects for any real interest. Hopefully they have put together a map with more aggressive terrain and racing routes that are actually "carved into the rock", if you like, rather than smashing through fields. The canyon sections of the Hot Wheels map might be a small preview of what it will look like

Without sounding too cynical, from the track record so far I'm not sure the new cars will be quite as wishlist-y as expected. For every off-road supercar that's wanted like the 911 Dakar or Huracan Sterrato I'd expect another variation of an existing buggy, and for every new, shiny, sci-fi truck like the Rivian I'd expect to get something like a rusty 80s pickup instead. Instead of deformable terrain and other amazing tech, I'd expect the expansion gimmick to be much more mundane (lest we forget that treasure hunts were the big main feature of FH4's realistic expansion).

It's like this with most Horizon news now, where fan rumours of a city in Japan turn out to be a desert in Mexico, almost as opposite as possible. I personally am just looking forward to a new map to explore and new races to run, any interesting new vehicles are a bonus.

1677063938682.png

Lord Vader has spoken......

Seriously I'm very happy with what I've seen so far for DLC2. Quite looking forward to it.

Can't be too upset with another off road racing expansion but can understand why people are disappointed by it. 90% of the Dirt and Cross Country routes in the game are too fast, flat and generic with too many artificially placed ramps and smashable objects for any real interest. Hopefully they have put together a map with more aggressive terrain and racing routes that are actually "carved into the rock", if you like, rather than smashing through fields. The canyon sections of the Hot Wheels map might be a small preview of what it will look like
This is my main hope too. Off-road handling is already more forgiving than on-road handling in the game, so we really need technical routes for it to be interesting. The cliffside trail on Fortune Island was great, so we know they're capable of it. Hopefully we get more of that, and in big enough quantities.

I wonder if we'll get tarmac rally routes too, or whether it'll be only off-road.

Back