Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Expansion

in honor of the new expansion's commitment to providing more of the Sick Jumps I crave, here's me completing this week's seasonal photo challenge in the most ridiculous way possible

1677177178133.png

Seriously, why do almost all of you care what those fools say on Reddit? Don't let their negativity ruin your mood. They're just whiny babies because they can't have their way of things.

No one hates a game more then it's own Reddit community.
Well, there’s also the GT7 subforum here…

…though I guess if the GT7 subforum is hazmat, the GT subreddit is the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.

I’m liking what I’m seeing with this expansion. Nothing blows me away but it doesn’t need to. I’m curious if there will be any snow during winter. The overall ‘vibe’ I’m getting from this is ‘what if Dirt was open-world?’

The only downside I have is that it sadly makes the loss of Lancia stick out like a sore thumb… It’ll be something I sink some time into once I get around buying the game.

They kept saying they were going to show the map for the new expansion, but I don't recall seeing it. Did I miss it or did they just not show it?

Guess I'll be the only one not excited about this DLC then :lol: :ouch:. Not exactly a fan of buggies and trophy trucks, Focus WRC might be cool though. And of course, the map itself might be fun.

Now I'm just hoping this update adds a decent amount of new (and useful) EventLab props, that would be great.

My thoughts on expansion 2 at the time I watched the streaming:.

Good:
  • New map: Tough off-roads and winding. It is a little disappointing that there is not much greenery, but it is a good map that will allow for fun rally.
  • Rally mode: I have been waiting for this feature to return. Finally that dream has come true.
  • New rally style upgrade parts: Anti-Lag Turbo is a good part of improving both performance and cosmetics. Can't wait to install it in my Celica and Evo. And (possibly) the addition of rally kits for some models. It's a familiar generic part, but still a welcome addition to the new body kit.
  • New cars: Colin McRae's iconic Focus WRC, the Ford F-150 Lightning, and the new Buggy and Trophy Trucks!
    It's too bad they didn't include rally raid cars like the DAF TurboTwin, but the new cars are perfect for my off-roading love.
  • Epitaph Records: I also like dubstep and hip-hop, but I believe the best music genre for racing games is high-speed rock and punk. Welcome back, Epitaph!

Bad(or more accurately, bewildered):
  • Car lists: I am a fan of those cars and am also delighted that there are so many completely new models. But there is also a bit of puzzlement in the list, which is dominated by Buggy/ATVs and Trophy Trucks. My personal opinion is that by reducing the number of cars in these categories a bit and including modern rally cars in different categories like Rally Raid and Rally Cross, or modern AWD road cars like the GR Yaris or legendary rally cars like the Audi RS002, the expansion 2 s car list would have been more spectacular and gained more appeal to a variety of players.
  • The release is a month away: they must be trying to starve me to death to have to wait another month for such an interesting expansion.

Last edited:
Of the ten cars in the expansion, the only one I'm genuinely excited about is the Scumbug. I'm sure I'll enjoy the rest, but VW air-cooled flat-fours trigger my Pavlovian response. Of the Series 19 cars, the Brat and the Safari are the two I'm most anticipating.

My thoughts on expansion 2 at the time I watched the streaming:.

Good:
  • New map: Tough off-roads and winding. It is a little disappointing that there is not much greenery, but it is a good map that will allow for fun rally.
  • Rally mode: I have been waiting for this feature to return. Finally that dream has come true.
  • New rally style upgrade parts: Anti-Lag Turbo is a good part of improving both performance and cosmetics. Can't wait to install it in my Celica and Evo. And (possibly) the addition of rally kits for some models. It's a familiar generic part, but still a welcome addition to the new body kit.
  • New cars: Colin McRae's iconic Focus WRC, the Ford F-150 Lightning, and the new Buggy and Trophy Trucks!
    It's too bad they didn't include rally raid cars like the DAF TurboTwin, but the new cars are perfect for my off-roading love.
  • Epitaph Records: I also like dubstep and hip-hop, but I believe the best music genre for racing games is high-speed rock and punk. Welcome back, Epitaph!

Bad(or more accurately, bewildered):
  • Car lists: I am a fan of those cars and am also delighted that there are so many completely new models. But there is also a bit of puzzlement in the list, which is dominated by Buggy/ATVs and Trophy Trucks. My personal opinion is that by reducing the number of cars in these categories a bit and including modern rally cars in different categories like Rally Raid and Rally Cross, or modern AWD road cars like the GR Yaris or legendary rally cars like the Audi RS002, the expansion 2 s car list would have been more spectacular and gained more appeal to a variety of players.
  • The release is a month away: they must be trying to starve me to death to have to wait another month for such an interesting expansion.
Yeah, the fact that the Modern Rally class is apparently still going to be nothing but WRXs and Evos (plus a FWD Focus that's older than FM1) is a bummer, though maybe not as much as more cars for the other rally classes they conceivably could have added (even excluding Lancia, Abarth, etc.).

The deep sand looks great and I hope it has a noticeable effect on the cars' performance. Along with the quarry conveyor belts and smashable forest it should lead to some interesting EventLab routes.

Last edited:
The deep sand looks great and I hope it has a noticeabke effect on the cars' performance. Along with the quarry conveyor belts and smashable forest it should lead to some interesting EventLab routes.
That quarry looks like it combines the best of the quarry from England and the gold mine from Australia. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Here's a fun drinking game (I don't drink so you can substitute alcohol for JDM fanboy tears if you want): take a shot everytime you see someone complain about "insert expansion or Horizon game" and mentions the words "urban" or "city" somewhere in there.

I like JDM cars and dumb Fast and Furious shenanigans as much as the next guy, but my God it's beating a dead horse at this stage. The discussion has gotten so obnoxious over the years I actively don't want Horizon to ever be set in Japan because it's tiring. It's been clear for about 57 years now that Playground isn't willing to implement a big, flat city styled map with a hundred generic looking buildings built on a grid filled with nothing but 90 degree corners (at least not for now).

It feels as if every other open-world racing game aside from Horizon has done some kind of big city for its map whether its based on a real location or a fictional one, and it might just be me but they all kind of blend together in the end. Be it NFS, TDU or The Crew, what's so stand out about a typical skyscraper city that makes JDM fans...we'll say "wet" their pants over? Is it just an extremely vocal minority or what?

Maybe I've been playing Horizon too long and want to see something that's not re-iterated from a previous game, but Solar Crown and (hopefully) Motorfest cannot come soon enough.

Horizon needs competition and bad. Maybe I'm experiencing franchise fatigue because this is the last thing that could have piqued my interest. It sucks for me because all I want is to be super excited about barreling down a rally path and launching off a hill. :indiff:

The anti-lag seems cool, but the rest of this just seems as stale as the rest of the game is. They really couldn't come up with anything better than a rally expansion? Off-road, dirt, and rally racing are already really prevalent in the base game so what does this add except a new map and a helicopter shouting pace notes? Hopefully, there are a couple of surprises that weren't shown that will make an appearance next week.

Im looking forward to it, I'm a huge rally fan so I guess thats to be expected. I was hoping for a city/car culture setting but rally was a close second for me. Ford Focus WRC is a nice surprise too! Hopefully that opens up the possibility of some of the WRC cars coming from that Era like the Prodrive Subaru's, 206, Corolla, Evo VI, Cordoba, Octavia Etc.

My only disappointment would be the amount of TT and Buggy cars in the DLC compared to actual Rally cars like the Focus.

I'm still looking forward to this though.

Last edited:
Maybe I've been playing Horizon too long and want to see something that's not re-iterated from a previous game, but Solar Crown and (hopefully) Motorfest cannot come soon enough.

Horizon needs competition and bad. Maybe I'm experiencing franchise fatigue because this is the last thing that could have piqued my interest. It sucks for me because all I want is to be super excited about barreling down a rally path and launching off a hill. :indiff:
The catch is that the new TDU and Crew games could offer all kinds of stylish touches and exotic locales and customizable gimmickry and all the bells and whistles people complain Horizon lacks, but the odds of their actual driving model clicking with me the same way Horizon's does is probably going to be pretty low. People like to use the term "simcade" to describe GT and mainline Forza, but it's Horizon that scratches that itch the best for me: it's a fairly stylized approach to racing on the surface, and nobody's going to mistake it for Automobilista anytime soon, but it still has a lot of credible it just feels right work going on beneath where tinkering with tunings and settings actually has a tangible effect on how the car feels and it gives you a credible sense of the car's actual personality. And I doubt those other games' car lists are going to extend beyond the typical "90% late-model halo car / 10% obvious-choice 20th century classics" roster anyways.

Here's a fun drinking game (I don't drink so you can substitute alcohol for JDM fanboy tears if you want): take a shot everytime you see someone complain about "insert expansion or Horizon game" and mentions the words "urban" or "city" somewhere in there.

I like JDM cars and dumb Fast and Furious shenanigans as much as the next guy, but my God it's beating a dead horse at this stage. The discussion has gotten so obnoxious over the years I actively don't want Horizon to ever be set in Japan because it's tiring. It's been clear for about 57 years now that Playground isn't willing to implement a big, flat city styled map with a hundred generic looking buildings built on a grid filled with nothing but 90 degree corners (at least not for now).

It feels as if every other open-world racing game aside from Horizon has done some kind of big city for its map whether its based on a real location or a fictional one, and it might just be me but they all kind of blend together in the end. Be it NFS, TDU or The Crew, what's so stand out about a typical skyscraper city that makes JDM fans...we'll say "wet" their pants over? Is it just an extremely vocal minority or what?
I fully agree. I even left another site because someone kept beating a dead horse over a certain electric vehicle manufacturer and a Prius.

JDM in general is so overdone and the culture around it so toxic that even the cars themselves (well, atleast the popular Skyline/Supra stuff) tend to not do too much for me, let alone a Tokyo (with togue as an additional bonus) location - I say Tokyo and not Japan cuz Japan is so much more than just Tokyo yet Tokyo is what people think of when they think "Japan" (surely I can't be the only one to find this a bit reductionist?).
A future Forza Horizon set in Japan honestly kinda worries me, not necessarily cuz JDM is overdone but since JDM is so ridiculously popular, and while yes Forza Horizon is a bit of a cash cow the devs do atleast like to try some different things from my experience, I'm concerned that the moment Forza does Japan, that's the moment they have run out of creative ideas, and just decide to go full trend-chasing sell-out mode 😔

Wow thats a big down for me just like Hotwheels.... The DLC for Horizon 4 was also a waste for me..... Enough rally in the game didnt need a special DLC for that what a waste

Last time i buy those than the base game plus some DLC cars is enough for me this is a again a waste of money.....

Last edited:
A Horizon game in Japan would make exactly no one happy . :lol: JDM fans would have built up such high expectations that nothing will be able to match them, and everyone else will just find it boring.

That said I disagree that an urban setting would necessarily be a bad thing. A lot of "car culture" stuff revolves around cities, even outside of JDM/street racing. Whether it's famous street circuits, or even the fact that most movie car chases happen in cities. It's a cool setting, or at least it can be. Like any setting it can be done well or badly. It doesn't have to be a boring grid map, most cities aren't built on a grid. And IMO the fact that Horizon never had a large city setting, could make it a nice change of pace for one installment.

I'm excited to see TDU:SC though, because on paper Hong Kong seems like the perfect setting for a car game. There's a city, but also plenty of mountain roads, loads of completely wild islands, all the while being surrounded by the sea, it has it all. I don't think it would have made a bad setting for a Horizon game.

Seeing as DLC usually has an element in it they're testing for the next release......bring on South Africa for FH6.

Rally stages through the bondu, Table Top Mountain as the focal point of the map, Cape Town as a major coastal hub. Deformable terrian would work great in this environment. And as I've said before FH hasn't visited Africa yet.

I thought the Rally expansion for Forza Horizon 1 was awesome, so I kinda like this.

I can understand why someone would be very underwhelmed with this, though, especially veteran players who have already experienced a Rally expansion... Playground really seem to lack imagination as of late

Seeing as DLC usually has an element in it they're testing for the next release......bring on South Africa for FH6.

Rally stages through the bondu, Table Top Mountain as the focal point of the map, Cape Town as a major coastal hub. Deformable terrian would work great in this environment. And as I've said before FH hasn't visited Africa yet.
Plus it's a music festival and I'd love to rock out to some township jive, kwaito and 16-hour vuvuzela marathons - ok, maybe not the last one.

I don't understand whether "the community" wants this expansion to be Tokyo, FH6 to be Tokyo or every Horizon game from now until the end of time to be a city-based tougeing neon-lit dorifto Japanese extravaganza. What would make them happy?

Online Forza fans: weeaboo we boo everything!

Last edited:
Plus it's a music festival and I'd love to rock out to some township jive, kwaito and 16-hour vuvuzela marathons - ok, maybe not the last one.

I don't understand whether "the community" wants this expansion to be Tokyo, FH6 to be Tokyo or every Horizon game from now untqil the end of time to be a city-based tougeing neon-lit dorifto Japanese extravaganza. What would make them happy?
I hadn't thought of the music, great shout bud. It would make for a great radio station.

Back