Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Expansion

I don't understand whether "the community" wants this expansion to be Tokyo, FH6 to be Tokyo or every Horizon game from now until the end of time to be a city-based tougeing neon-lit dorifto Japanese extravaganza. What would make them happy?

Online Forza fans: weeaboo we boo everything!
You answered the question yourself - nothing would make them happy. As space_wadet said earlier, JDM fans have extreme, Instagram model-esque expectations that'll never satisfy them. And if they can't ever be happy regardless of what you do, is there even any point in listening to them in the first place, even if it's commercially viable (potentially - this naturally ignores players from South Korea and China who may still have some understandably sour feelings about their nations history with Japan)?

Morocco would be another good location for a Horizon game. It has picturesque cities like Tangier, Rabat, Casablanca, Fes and Marrakesh. The Atlas mountains run northeast to southwest. There's lush greenery to the northwest of the mountains and rocky and sandy terrain to the southeast.
image1.jpg

image.jpg

campement-akka-nait-sidi-Morocco.jpg

GettyImages-1029286320-e15972588.jpg

1024px-Crossing_the_High_Atlas_m.jpg

Morocco-desert-Tours-from-Marrak.jpg
shu-Morocco-Road-in-Atlas-mounta.jpg

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for JDM culture, but that faded a bit after trying to build a good collection of mods for Assetto Corsa and finding out just how clogged the scene is with absolutely hideous copy-paste drift-car variants. It also seems like the game's been absolutely overwhelmed by a portion of their playerbase that's uninterested in doing anything other than driving around in Shutoko Revival Project and a handful of touge runs. Sure, I loved the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series, too, but there's got to be more to a general all-purpose racing game than that, right?

Morocco would be another good location for a Horizon game. It has picturesque cities like Tangier, Rabat, Casablanca, Fes and Marrakesh. The Atlas mountains run northeast to southwest. There's lush greenery to the northwest of the mountains and rocky and sandy terrain to the southeast.
That sounds pretty good, actually.
Not to mention, a fair bunch of Dacia's are made in Morocco, and if having a game set in Morocco means I can drive around in a V8-swapped Dacia Sandero, I'm all for it :D

I would love Turkey, it also fits Forza Horizon perfectly. The variety of biomes and new and old historical places are perfect match for Horizon. Huge cities, big mountains, lots of beaches, big open fields, long underground tunnels, big long bridges that connect Asia with EU. And every location feels unique
cappadocia-3.jpg

Pamukkale-3.jpg

D915-yolu.jpg

50824179478_9b4c754f99_b.jpg

Beaches-In-Antalya.jpg

T%C3%BCrkiyedeki-Tarihi-Yerler.jpg

5-1030x430.jpg

Seeing as DLC usually has an element in it they're testing for the next release......bring on South Africa for FH6.

Rally stages through the bondu, Table Top Mountain as the focal point of the map, Cape Town as a major coastal hub. Deformable terrian would work great in this environment. And as I've said before FH hasn't visited Africa yet.
I would very much love to have South Africa be the next setting for Horizon, since I'm the kind of person who prefers natural landmarks/scapes over urban/cities (but I'm not totally against the idea of having one in the map however). I also want PG to choose it out of passion like they did with Australia for FH3, and NOT Japan because that's what the "community" wants.

Last edited:
The catch is that the new TDU and Crew games could offer all kinds of stylish touches and exotic locales and customizable gimmickry and all the bells and whistles people complain Horizon lacks, but the odds of their actual driving model clicking with me the same way Horizon's does is probably going to be pretty low.
That's what I'm banking on, albeit not much but I am banking on it nonetheless. Let Horizon have the better driving model because everything else that it lacks and those games (ideally) capitalize on will put pressure on it to innovate everywhere else.

@turk1993 that looks amazing.
So "Nightfall/Nightlights" seems to fit this expansion with the drone show and night rally career.
Really interesting to see whether they go for expansion 3 (Ventura) and what it will be.
Horizon Story where this guy comes out of retirement to take on the luchadores in a no-holds-barred car wrestling bout.

JesseVentura1.jpg

Last edited:
I would very much love to have South Africa be the next setting for Horizon, since I'm the kind of person who prefers natural landmarks/scapes over urban/cities (but I'm not totally against the idea of having one in the map however). I also want PG to choose it out of passion like they did with Australia for FH3, and NOT Japan because that's what the "community" wants.
Whatever they’ve chosen has probably been chosen already with the next game in pre-production. Open world games take ages to develop.

Granted “give us Japan” has been a thing for years though, but I would not be surprised if the basic shell of Forza Horizon 6 has been crafted already and lives inside a half million Confluence pages and JIRA tasks 😁

That's what I'm banking on, albeit not much but I am banking on it nonetheless. Let Horizon have the better driving model because everything else that it lacks and those games (ideally) capitalize on will put pressure on it to innovate everywhere else.
We’ll see I guess. Forza Horizon 5 has 28 million players (yeah, yeah, Game Pass etc.), the highest of any driving game outside of Mario Kart 8. I don’t see any auto-based game hitting that number in the coming years unless it’s got “Grand Theft” as its first two words.

I can totally see the higher-ups going “don’t change what’s working” so long as the series remains the most popular out of Xbox’s first party lineup.

Last edited:
Whatever they’ve chosen has probably been chosen already with the next game in pre-production. Open world games take ages to develop.
Totally agree with you. I'm no programmer or coder (hell I wouldn't even know where to start) but I imagine these things take years of development to create. Just voicing where I'd personally like the series to go next and quietly hoping this next DLC might be vaguely pointing to South Africa.

Maybe, I don’t like to read into patterns that much.
You're right that past patterns don't guarantee future patterns. However, there is a pattern at work. FH2's Storm Island previewed more extreme weather in FH3. FH3's Blizzard Mountain previewed snow in FH4. FH4's Fortune Island previewed more extreme elevation in FH5. The rocky and sandy terrain in this rally expansion suggests the next location could have plenty of that. But it doesn't guarantee it. Still, it's fun to speculate.

@turk1993 As someone who lived in Turkey (I was even married to a Turkish woman), I second your suggestion of Turkey. It's an amazing country full of beautiful scenery.

Last edited:
The problem is that PG’s ‘recipe’ for Horizon games doesn’t really work for an urban setting, especially not one as tight yet dense as Tokyo. The roads are designed wide to account for any potential scenario they need it for (Showcases, circuit races, point-to-point races, multiplayer convoys, etc.), which mean they’d be far too wide to realistically portray it.

That’s not to say they can’t do it of course; Edinburgh and Guanajuato are very well designed in my opinion, going against the grain of the usual roads found in the rest of the game and allowed for some pretty technical courses. Certainly an improvement over Nice and Surfer’s Paradise. Plus, I think their goal is to find picturesque locales with a lot of scenery on offer. Having a location with the city as the main focus takes away from that a bit.

We’ll see I guess. Forza Horizon 5 has 28 million players (yeah, yeah, Game Pass etc.), the highest of any driving game outside of Mario Kart 8. I don’t see any auto-based game hitting that number in the coming years unless it’s got “Grand Theft” as its first two words.

I can totally see the higher-ups going “don’t change what’s working” so long as the series remains the most popular out of Xbox’s first party lineup.
You're not wrong, but at the same time I really dislike when a franchise stagnates and does more of the same in a new location.

Correction: I dislike when a franchise does more of the same in a new location and dresses it up as something new. Not that FH5 is explicitly guilty of this, it could really do with a revision/shake up.

For what it’s worth Chicago Lakeshore City is my favourite part of Need for Speed Unbound's map, it’s quite varied due to the multiple layers of elevation and also works well with the game’s handling model, one that has no problem with snappy 90 degree turns and short bursts.

One of the underappreciated challenges of world design in driving games is in coming up with an environment and set of roads that matches the abilities of your game’s cars and their capabilities.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is the best example, lots of high power supercars that love sliding around gentle curves for hundreds of metres, and there’s nary a right angle to be seen in that game’s layout.

It’s one of the problems that comes up when you try out many EventLab routes in Forza Horizon 5, with roads too narrow and corners too tight compared to what any car above A800 wants to do.

Even the base game routes have this challenge, any race around Guanajuato’s lower end is a struggle unless you’re in a car specifically built for it.

Last edited:
People on the Forza subreddit are getting downvoted just for being excited for the expansion.
Horizon: "The next expansion will be a perfect replica of the entire city of Tokyo, plus we've added Fujimi Kaido, and we're including all 100 of the most requested cars for free."
Reddit: "Not impressed."

Last edited:
Horizon: "The next expansion will be a perfect replica of the entire city of Tokyo, plus we've added Fujimi Kaido, and we're including all 100 of the most requested cars for free."
Reddit: "Not impressed."
Except the Subreddit is full of JDM and supercar city fanboys. I got downvoted there for being excited for the legendary Colin McRae Ford Focus RS WRC and the Ford F-150 Lightning.

People on the Forza subreddit are getting downvoted just for being excited for the expansion.
I mean. They're the same folk that got butthurt when someone posted that real Forza fans actually enjoy a Forza game for what it is (much like GT), and the reddit people would tell them to stop having fun with Forza, it is terrible. :lol: I had to laugh because it got them worked up. But that's what they are; a bunch of soured babies who'd hate anything Forza does when it's not what 'they' wanted. They're a joke.

Last edited:
I hope it’s fun, the hot wheels expansion was quite short.

Looks neat and kind of a throwback to the original FH getting a rally expansion.

Huh. I just realized March 29th is a Wednesday. I kinda figured it would come out on a Thursday.

The catch is that the new TDU and Crew games could offer all kinds of stylish touches and exotic locales and customizable gimmickry and all the bells and whistles people complain Horizon lacks, but the odds of their actual driving model clicking with me the same way Horizon's does is probably going to be pretty low.
Same here. The lifestyle aspect of TDU, The Crew and NFS is interesting with the customisation, player houses and whatever else; something that's obviously not PG's forte, but the core basis of actually driving the vehicles is incredibly lacking in those games. I can live with all the "downsides" because the driving part of the game is miles above everything else in the genre.

I'm really looking forward to this expansion!! This and Anti-Lag and Launch System! Not sure how to Launch System will work but I hope it'll make RWD cars faster off the line since TCR only sems to work from approx 50 kph / 30 mph and under that speed RWD cars seem to have an awful time offroad when launching!

So "Nightfall/Nightlights" seems to fit this expansion with the drone show and night rally career.
Really interesting to see whether they go for expansion 3 (Ventura) and what it will be.
Have we ever had a third expansion in a previous game?

Latest Posts

Back