Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
When you base your opinion on a PREVIEW build that's months old. It's what happens when one doesn't follow anything Forza and just assume stuff to fit their argument (if they even have one, which I assume they don't.) I won't even waste my breath.

Hmm, I am sure he/she will give a very unbiased opinion on the game...

View attachment 1290361
Not everyone is a reviewer. Content creators and core community members get the game too, in order to engage with their communities or to create content in/about the game.

I used to get them before the Codies days, so that I could have my liveries in there on Day 1 for people to download. That and I was actually doing some commissions for Xbox Germany.

Welllllll…as much as I am looking forward to FM23, I see one HUGE problem for me, and it is the exact same problem that drove me away from GT7. Let me explain…

My favorite thing is class based online racing. The best thing about FM7 was being able to find a race in almost any class at any time to try out all of the different vehicles I had built up and tuned. There is not a better feeling than beating a META in a s-box.

Enter GT7, or at least til I stopped playing. Only two choices which were Sport mode where two of the three were usually GT Class and the other that was either one make, or HP/WT homolagation. The other option, private rooms, were so poorly set up that it was extremely hard to find a decent race that wasn’t set up for the host to dominate. I was left with at least a hundred cars or more rendered useless. Got tired of it, sold my PS5, and went back to FM7 and have been happy.

Now it looks like FM23 will almost be a carbon copy of GT7’s system, but even worse or at least til T10 makes a change. How, we have to grind out all of the cars (which is fine) but then have no class based hoppers to use them. Just one “Open” series a week. R Class has been chosen for the first week. Nothing like R Class the very first week to build those safety ratings, lol. To cap it off, in the GT Division spec series, the vehicles will be locked to a tune by T10. I won’t be able to adjust suspension or Diff to my liking as a wheel user. My last hope is that Private Lobbies are joinable by randoms like myself, and the host is a Forza Veteran. If not, I’m pretty much screwed.

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest.

Outside of the above, I am extremely excited to get started. I’ll be moving to NZ for a couple days next week, in mind, internet, and spirit.

Welllllll…as much as I am looking forward to FM23, I see one HUGE problem for me, and it is the exact same problem that drove me away from GT7. Let me explain…

My favorite thing is class based online racing. The best thing about FM7 was being able to find a race in almost any class at any time to try out all of the different vehicles I had built up and tuned. There is not a better feeling than beating a META in a s-box.

Enter GT7, or at least til I stopped playing. Only two choices which were Sport mode where two of the three were usually GT Class and the other that was either one make, or HP/WT homolagation. The other option, private rooms, were so poorly set up that it was extremely hard to find a decent race that wasn’t set up for the host to dominate. I was left with at least a hundred cars or more rendered useless. Got tired of it, sold my PS5, and went back to FM7 and have been happy.

Now it looks like FM23 will almost be a carbon copy of GT7’s system, but even worse or at least til T10 makes a change. How, we have to grind out all of the cars (which is fine) but then have no class based hoppers to use them. Just one “Open” series a week. R Class has been chosen for the first week. Nothing like R Class the very first week to build those safety ratings, lol. To cap it off, in the GT Division spec series, the vehicles will be locked to a tune by T10. I won’t be able to adjust suspension or Diff to my liking as a wheel user. My last hope is that Private Lobbies are joinable by randoms like myself, and the host is a Forza Veteran. If not, I’m pretty much screwed.

Outside of the above, I am extremely excited to get started. I’ll be moving to NZ for a couple days next week, in mind, internet, and spirit.
I don't race online but it'll be a great shame if companies like Turn 10 don't listen to the communities that they're trying to build or enable. Multiple class based open hoppers seems to be a prime candidate for a suggestion on their feedback hub.

Last edited:

R class is definitely a weird choice for the first week, but then the week after goes to A class.

spec.png

Last edited:
If anyone hit the sector 4K issue which can not select the hard driver to install Motorsport, you can use the virtual hard disk and format that virtual hard drive with 4K sectors.
This works for me on windows 11, hope this can help.

I don't race online but it'll be a great shame if companies like Turn 10 don't listen to the communities that they're trying to build or enable. Class based open hoppers seems to be a prime candidate for a suggestion on their feedback hub.
I dont see them not bringing back class specific hoppers at some point, the question is with it be for both open and spec hoppers or just open

I dont see them not bringing back class specific hoppers at some point, the question is with it be for both open and spec hoppers or just open
The problem is when you split up the player base so thin, the driver rating and safety rating dont work, because the priority is just fill up the lobbies.

Theres always pros and cons to any system, the way their doing now will probably provide cleaner and more competitive racing at the cost of some variety.

Last edited:
The problem is when you split up the player base so thin, the driver rating and safety rating dont work, because the priority is just fill up the lobbies.

Theres always pros and cons to any system, the way their doing now will probably provide cleaner and more competitive racing at the cost of some variety.
when you put it like that, i dont mind. i just hope if they go that route then the class cycles are predictable and sequential, and that private lobbies are searchable

Last edited:
Now it looks like FM23 will almost be a carbon copy of GT7’s system, but even worse or at least til T10 makes a change. How, we have to grind out all of the cars (which is fine) but then have no class based hoppers to use them.

To be honest, i would make a B, A, R open setup lobby with tracks changing daily or weekly

R class is definitely a weird choice for the first week

I have a theory that it is so people go focus in make the campaing or test the spec series first

I don't think it will before release and I'll look for it on Spotify from November onwards.

Forza launched during early acess days if i am not forgoten but i dont bother to have hear it all only day 1, makes me even more anxious for the new game

Swiped the card and opted for the VIP upgrade to the GamePass version.

The saving on the DLC is nice, as is the early access.

Looking forward to playing it next week
Exactly the same as my approach, never played a Forza game before so looking forward to the experience.
Will probably spend most of the time on the PC in my sim rig but like that I can also just lounge back on the Xbox with a controller as I think the game save syncs across both platforms.

Yeah the saves should sync
The only thing you have to remember here, is that the sync is not instant, I think on Console it does try and sync when you power off for a few mins afterwards, but if you close FM and power off your PC, your save might not sync properly and you may have sync issues. This may not be a problem due to saves in FM potentially being on the cloud, but has been noticeable for me in Starfield

It is an interesting situation with the hoppers. I think we all remember how things went when FM7 shipped without a bunch of class-based stuff because they were trying to push the new divisions... but this time around, as mentioned above, the new safety/skill ratings won't really work if the playerbase is spread thin across a bunch of lobbies. It would only become a bigger problem later in the game's life after the "shiny new toy" thing has worn off and population goes down a bit too.

I'm kinda sick of GT cars since every goddamn racing game is just a GT3-fest nowadays, but because of that I can kinda see why they have Forza GT as one of the consistent divisions. Lots of Forza players have an aversion to FWD, so if the Forza Touring Cars division is less popular I could see it being replaced with another rotating "open" thing.

As for the "spec" events (I hate that name for them), have we heard we won't be able to tune the cars? I thought it just sounded like we wouldn't be able to change the builds on them. If we really can't tune them either, then yeah it will likely be a big problem for wheel users, even if FFB is improved and the cars feel more planted as previewers were saying.

Personally I have almost zero interest in the old hopper format with meta cars and silly 4 lap races and the impatient aggression they bring, but that is kinda what Forza is known for at this point... for better or worse. Probably 95% of my time will be spent doing organized community events, but if they get this weekly thing and the skill/safety ratings all right, I could see myself venturing into general multiplayer much more often than I have the last few titles.

Sadly I think the public hosted lobbies won't return at this point. We have been pleading with T10 since they disappeared and have barely even got an acknowledgement from them. I'd love to be wrong but probably best to be braced for disappointment there.

This might all just end up being part of the compromise for a more focused experience.

I've never had a problem in FM or FH with closing the game on the PC after whatever activity I did and then starting up on Xbox (or vice versa).

My experience is that Forza saves after anything important changes (like cash change, activity completion) so when you quit the game it's already made the change.

The only thing you have to remember here, is that the sync is not instant, I think on Console it does try and sync when you power off for a few mins afterwards, but if you close FM and power off your PC, your save might not sync properly and you may have sync issues. This may not be a problem due to saves in FM potentially being on the cloud, but has been noticeable for me in Starfield
Sometimes,after playing FH5 on my series x,when i go to play on my laptop,(my wife likes the tv soaps in the evening),it sometimes takes a few attempts to sync my data.

This picture had no ticks when the leak first released. We shall see.

PR8B8La.png
I mean, I get it but Gran Turismo is a pretty special IP. I doubt Polyphony would let any other studio touch the game in order to release it to PC.

Could be coming but not for a long time if Polyphony does it themselves.

I mean, I really hope it does come to PC.

Last edited:
That list has been absolutely bang on so far.

Whatever you say. Try again when you have anything more substantial than "It's been correct before, surely it will be again." I realize the decision to release GT7 isn't a random event, but this kind of schlock reasoning may as well be Gambler's Fallacy. Until then... can we please move on?

Back