Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
Whatever you say. Try again when you have anything more substantial than "It's been correct before, surely it will be again." I realize the decision to release GT7 isn't a random event, but this kind of schlock reasoning may as well be Gambler's Fallacy. Until then... can we please move on?
""It's been correct before, surely it will be again" it's been correct a **** load of times, everything that leaked is coming true. you obviously haven't been following it and that's fine but you'll see

Surely it won't be perfect. For me, I am more curious about the damage to the mechanicals of the cars. That is what makes or breaks the race immersion. Hit a wall, lose a control arm, car pulls. Miss a shift, transmission shot.

Driving with damage on with previous Forza games is kind of like this, with various parts of the car having % values for the level of damage they received. It's not really reflected in the visuals of course - you didn't see parts flying off and you probably still won't in this game - but there was an attempt. Missing shifts or shifting before engaging clutch did damage transmission (made gear shifts slower), impacts could damage engine (reduces power) or steering (makes steering spongier or more likely to pull in one direction or another), and so on. That system has just remained unchanged for quite some time and doesn't feel very complete.

The real question is whether FM2023 has improved in that department. I'd love to go back to driving with damage on, it'd pair well with longer races and better AI, maybe encourage cleaner driving.

Last edited:
Driving with damage on with previous Forza games is kind of like this, with various parts of the car having % values for the level of damage they received. It's not really reflected in the visuals of course - you didn't see parts flying off and you probably still won't in this game - but there was an attempt. Missing shifts or shifting before engaging clutch did damage transmission (made gear shifts slower), impacts could damage engine (reduces power) or steering (makes steering spongier or more likely to pull in one direction or another), and so on. That system has just remained unchanged for quite some time and doesn't feel very complete.

The real question is whether FM2023 has improved in that department. I'd love to go back to driving with damage on, it'd pair well with longer races and better AI, maybe encourage cleaner driving.
Yup, I have always wanted them to improve upon the existing mechanical damage. How about a random flat tire?

Yup, I have always wanted them to improve upon the existing mechanical damage. How about a random flat tire?

Yeah, tires going flat would be interesting. There's also a couple of damage types I miss from my NR2003 days, like gear breakage for example. Will never forget how nerve-wracking it felt to lose 3rd gear in the middle of an oval race... I might be hoping for a bit too much, but you never know.

Too soon maybe, but have we got Launch Day timing for next week yet?

I am wondering if I can "fly to" New Zealand and play it earlier! South Africa Store says Available October 4 - 10pm.

Too soon maybe, but have we got Launch Day timing for next week yet?

I am wondering if I can "fly to" New Zealand and play it earlier! South Africa Store says Available October 4 - 10pm.

Sounds like it's a rolling launch, so yes a trip to NZ will do the trick. I'm aiming to go back home (to NZ) next year so I think I'll have to send my Xbox back virtually a few months early 😁

ForzaMotorsport_Review-PressKit-05-16x9_WM-ce7bb70b621a363432f4-1900x1080.jpg

ForzaMotorsport_Review-PressKit-04-16x9_WM-0b0de0afb90f8efea116-1536x864.jpg

Coincidentally, I have a day off from work on the 5th. Sounds like a great day to relax and see what this game is all about.
Same, brother. My coworker needed a shift swap & I told him I’d take it in turn for having Thursday off. Plus with it releasing at midnight, I might find myself in the East Coast. :D

Man! Doesn't it feel good to know that FM23 is running on a brand new engine to look THIS good? I can't even imagine T10's post-launch support after Chris said they can now easily add new content at a faster rate. Some are laughing how it doesn't have enough tracks...wait until they start adding tracks based on Chris's word (all of which would have day/night cycle and weather like the base game). Blow us away T10!

Last edited:
Man! Doesn't it feel good to know that FM23 is running on a brand new engine to look THIS good? I can't even imagine T10's post-launch support after Chris said they can now easily add new content at a faster rate. Some are laughing how it doesn't have enough tracks...wait until they start adding tracks based on Chris's word (all of which would have day/night cycle and weather like the base game). Blow us away T10!
Im hoping we touch 40 tracks in about 3+ years from now. Problem is theres so many good ones they can add

A bit of menus and settings. UI looks much more cleaner than FM7 imo.

The audio and video menus seem mixed up, suggesting surely these videos he's sharing are of an older build? Maybe no need to worry about anything that isn't perfect.

Think I'll need these parking assist sensors in this...

Edit, source x

Attachments

• F7INYIMWwAAfWu8.jpeg
    F7INYIMWwAAfWu8.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

A bit of menus and settings. UI looks much more cleaner than FM7 imo.

I've been busy downloading this bloke's videos from YouTube in case he becomes one of the disappeared but it looks like MS haven't cracked down on him so far. Hope his channel gets a boost from the seemingly exclusive (if somewhat brief) content.

Last edited:
Can we use our best current time in time trials. Hard to explain. Not just your leaderboard ghost but the updated one in the time trial like other games do.

Im hoping we touch 40 tracks in about 3+ years from now. Problem is theres so many good ones they can add
Haha ikr? I can only imagine what sorts of tracks T10 could add. The possibilities are endless depending on their choosing and/or our requests/votes for tracks we want to see in the game. :D

I think they will focus in returning ones at first but then will go to finnaly add new ones
I just hope they bring classic FM circuits such as Sedona
Oh man I sure hope so, I can't remember which layout it was but I really enjoyed one of Sedona's layouts. I wouldn't be against Amalfi returning with its full layout (but I would understand if the full layout wasn't there).

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back