Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
I remember that as I played GT6. I think that eventually EventLab (3.0?) will make use of terrain tools and then all is possible.

EventLab is focused in put props in a pre-made map, independently of the track layout
While the GT6 Track Creator is similar, i think is more focused on the creation of maps theyelfes, also, i want a system that i can create tracks without have to put put props for it, it was annoying but acceptable beacuse Horizon is about have fun with racing props.

But honestly it is NOT OK for motorsport when its focus is suposed to be serious competive racing, you cant have it with a tool made to put as much beachballs you can and a pre-made map in motorsport

I wouldn't be against Amalfi returning with its full layout (but I would understand if the full layout wasn't there).

I dont think that city tracks will return in masse tho, it is clear that their focus is circuit racing

Last edited:
BOK
After watching the leaked footage one of the few things im not a fan of is the exaggerated sound effect when bumping into other cars, its a really over the top bassy thud
That's one of the things I didn't like in FM7 too. Sometimes it sounded like two shopping carts banging together. I hope we can turn that down separately. 🤞

Haha ikr? I can only imagine what sorts of tracks T10 could add. The possibilities are endless depending on their choosing and/or our requests/votes for tracks we want to see in the game. :D

Spring Mountain Motor Resort?

Was already reminding me of Willow Springs but boasts a 6.1 mile racetrack

It was made to feat in a FM lol

Last edited:
Same, brother. My coworker needed a shift swap & I told him I’d take it in turn for having Thursday off. Plus with it releasing at midnight, I might find myself in the East Coast. :D
*Checks roster

Finish at 3am on release day then have the next three days off, works pretty well for me.

Music sounds like Forza Motorsport 6
Sorry for the bad quality of the video.

Eaglerock Speedway

Is there any available footage showing the entire car list?

Considering that next month will have the Yas Marina Circuit added, in time for the Abu Dhabi GP (November 26), I speculate that at least one open-wheel car would be added in that update. Here are part of my speculations for November's update:
  • 1966 Cooper T81 Maserati (Car Pass)
  • 1990 Benetton B190 Ford (Car Pass)
  • 1976 Tyrrell P34 (Car Pass)
  • 2023 Alpine A523 (Spotlight Car, based on a tweet mentioning the partnership between XBOX and the Alpine F1 Team)

Last edited:
Eaglerock Speedway

couldnt see much but i had found out why they havent shown the back strech in the trailer, they had put some barriers in the area were the road course is
I wish they could put some softwalls or something like this but i think it wont be that annoying

Spring Mountain doesn't seem very mountainous to me. Perhaps the Nevada location results in a flat landscape but it was hard for me to see the turns from the angle they showed. Perhaps in-game the track layout would be clearer.

Dan did a post on Xbox Wire

In 2012, our studio partners at Playground Games released the first Forza Horizon, putting their signature twist on open world racing while building within our ForzaTech engine. It’s safe to say their work has made the Forza franchise even better. A lot has happened since our last Motorsport title, Forza Motorsport 7. Playground Games released two incredible games, Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Horizon 5, we moved into a new console generation with Xbox Series X|S, we’ve expanded our platforms across PC, Steam and Cloud Gaming, and Xbox Game Pass has become the best value in gaming and is synonymous with Xbox.

We’re often asked about the difference between both titles within the overall franchise. Where Forza Horizon expresses its vision through freedom and exploration, Forza Motorsport focuses on competition and honing your skills – and both focus on accessibility, authenticity, and immersion in their own way.

Yup, I have always wanted them to improve upon the existing mechanical damage. How about a random flat tire?
Ugh, no thanks. That does happen in real life, but it's just frustrating when you've worked hard in a long race to be taken out by what is basically pure RNG. A little RNG to shake things up can be good, but race ending events shouldn't be random in a game. That just removes any player agency and skill.

Maybe if you only got flats if you've gone way past the reasonable tyre life, or you're going off-track a lot. But even then I'm not sure it adds anything other than frustration and annoyance to the game.

I'd just like to see them bring back progressive damage on parts other than the drivetrain. It added a real risk vs reward thing that makes racing more interesting, and allowed a skill other than pace to shine a bit in certain circumstances. When they got rid of it was yet another step to where FM7 is now, basically being a maximum aggression affair all the time as there are little to no consequences for anything, so all the races are predictable and generally decided after about 3 laps.

The variable damage was particularly interesting at the Nordschleife where running low ride height and hammering kerbs or jumping at Pflanzgarten too much would slowly damage your suspension and front splitter. For a few laps it was fine, but after a while you would start noticing the damage.

Assuming they haven't screwed up the tire compounds/wear, the injection of strategy that brings will help mix things up a bit, but bringing back the progressive damage from earlier titles would add yet another layer of depth to the racing, which is the area the Forza series has fallen behind the most over the years.

I'm way too nooby to attempt running the Nordschleife with damage enabled but was wondering about the repair arrangements while racing on the circuit and it looks like they've recently moved the pit location to a less restrictive area. Hope this is reflected in the game track when it's released.

Last edited:
Is there any available footage showing the entire car list?

Considering that next month will have the Yas Marina Circuit added, in time for the Abu Dhabi GP (November 26), I speculate that at least one open-wheel car would be added in that update. Here are part of my speculations for November's update:
  • 1966 Cooper T81 Maserati (Car Pass)
  • 1990 Benetton B190 Ford (Car Pass)
  • 2023 Alpine A523 (Spotlight Car, based on a tweet mentioning the partnership between XBOX and the Alpine F1 Team)
Chotto Matte! (cit.)
When in Files they find a Benetton?! Holy Moly, the 1990's Piquet Winner at Suzuka :-O
So there's a chance also for a certain Six-Wheel car? ;)

I'm way too nooby to attempt running the Nordschleife with damage enabled but was wondering about the repair arrangements while racing on the circuit and it looks like they've recently moved the pit location to a less restrictive area. Hope this is reflected in the game track when it's released.
That's the "T13" pit lane, and in the context of that release it is just for TF sessions because the car park at the entrance/exit where Devil's Diner is is constantly full, and can't be expanded because none of the surrounding property owners will sell their land. Basically when doing a "Touristenfahrten" lap you have the option to stop and check your pressures/refuel/use the bathroom/have a little car meet at T13 now.

Misha Charoudin did a video about it where he stops and shows you:

In the context of racing, the T13 pit lane is basically only used for RCN races where they don't use the GP circuit. It's also used for staging recovery vehicles for races where the GP circuit is also in use.

NLS/N24 still uses the GP circuit pitlane, with sometimes 3-4 cars sharing garages, and in some cases they use the area behind the pit building as well, and even some earlier on the lane expanded with little tents for the "alternative fuel" cars.

I bought a Series X today so I'm ready to play. Some might call me a traitor but why should I restrict myself to a PlayStation?

I've got one as well. I did the same last gen as well.
Im with both of you on that,nothing wrong at all liking both consoles.No traitors here.My ps5 is used mainly for GT7,Ride 4 and RDR2,currently playing FH5,Ride 4,(again),and GTA5 on the series x.In case you wonder,im not going mad,I bought Ride 4 special edition £6.00 when it was on sale on the microsoft store,at that price it was a steal.

In the context of racing, the T13 pit lane is basically only used for RCN races where they don't use the GP circuit. It's also used for staging recovery vehicles for races where the GP circuit is also in use.
I figured as much but had been wondering how people were supposed to pit on Nordschleife-only laps when they couldn't use the GP pitlane if they had to refuel or fix damage.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back