Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
Good to see that there are other people of culture on this site. I still remember when I was a GT and PlayStation gatekeeper, defending it to the death because I thought that Xbox was crap. Not anymore. I want to experience all there is without imposing pointless restrictions on myself, because that is dumb. My life is hard enough as it is.

Last edited:
I had heared about studios cuts and games getting offline in this week
It surely makes me more anxious and hopefuly that FM be sucessful in some way...

I still remember when I was a GT and PlayStation gatekeeper, defending it to the death because I thought that Xbox was crap. Not anymore.
I am glad you had opened your eyes in some way

Last edited:
Good to see that there are other people of culture on this site. I still remember when I was a GT and PlayStation gatekeeper, defending it to the death because I thought that Xbox was crap. Not anymore. I want to experience all there is without imposing pointless restrictions on myself, because that is dumb. My life is hard enough as it is.
I think most of the Forza players on this site are probably pretty open to the idea of "play whatever you have fun with", because they probably started as GT fans and branched out into exploring other similar sim racing titles. There's the odd die-hard Forza fanboi, but by and large I think people here tend to have experience with more than one game and recognise that the whole "loyalty" to one title/brand thing is stupid and pointless.

IMO just about every racing game has at least one unique thing to offer, and so the more you play the better. Forza Horizon really nails open world cruising and building stupid cars to do stupid things. ACC and pCARS do great career modes, and so do the F1 games. Dirt Rally 1/2 are great offroad experiences. iRacing is still an amazing online system. Assetto Corsa has all the content from everywhere. Beam.ng shows how different driving is with a "real"(ish) damage system. And so on and so on.

Even if you've got a favourite, and most people do, I still recommend to people that they give other games an open minded try for a few hours if they can. There's so many different ways to make a racing game that locking yourself into a single dev means that you miss out on experiencing so much. It's why I ended up on PC, because apart from newer Gran Turismos you get access to almost every other racing game and most of them are dirt cheap. If they ever bring modern GT to PC, I'm gonna be set.

Everyone went through the console wars phase!

Admittedly I was doing it 20 years ago when I was 10 years old, but still.

I still remember when I was a GT and PlayStation gatekeeper, defending it to the death because I thought that Xbox was crap. Not anymore. I want to experience all there is without imposing pointless restrictions on myself, because that is dumb. My life is hard enough as it is.
I never cared about console wars when I was younger. Bickering each other about it is bloody ridiculous. Play what you like.

Everyone went through the console wars phase!

Admittedly I was doing it 20 years ago when I was 10 years old, but still.
i was born in 1966,so`console wars`for me started with the commodore C64 and the ZX spectrum. :lol: Which one was the better,back then I recall there were very very few games exclusive to one computer/console.There were exclusives but if i remember not like today.

Last edited:
With all of these videos, especially the ones going through settings, we haven't seen a race length setting, have we?

I'm worried Forza Motorsport is committed to a career mode of 3-5 lap races again, which would be a huge disappointment considering we at least had the option to extend races in FM7.

With all of these videos, especially the ones going through settings, we haven't seen a race length setting, have we?

I'm worried Forza Motorsport is committed to a career mode of 3-5 lap races again, which would be a huge disappointment considering we at least had the option to extend races in FM7.
Fingers crossed,but very few people seem to have picked up on this yet,hopefully be the same as in FM7.

i was born in 1966,so`console wars`for me started with the commodore C64 and the ZX spectrum. :lol: Which one was the better,back then I recall there were very very few games exclusive to one computer/console.There were exclusives but if i remember not like today.
I felt like a peasant with my BBC Model B but at least it had its own racing games to match the Spectrum's and 64's.

Last edited:
I felt like a peasant with my BBC Model B but at least it had its own racing games to match the Spectrum's and 64's.

I believe it started out on the BBC and then later released on the C64,it had only 2 tracks,but the game was ahead of its time.

I believe it started out on the BBC and then later released on the C64,it had only 2 tracks,but the game was ahead of its time.
The Beeb may have been a little underendowed on the RAM front but time's been really kind to its software lineup over the years (particularly its first party games) and its typewriter quality keyboard was world class IMO... not something you could say about the Speccy. Nurburgring and the other three remaining tracks were eventually ported to the C64 as Revs+ for a total of six venues.

Publishers Acorn even went so far as to sponsor an F3 Championship featuring driver David Hunt.

BMW_museum_racing_car_with_sponsorship.jpg

Last edited:
I'm another one who started with Revs on the BBC Micro. With a self built joystick to steer, no less...

When I'm driving around in the glorious HDR world of FH5 with amazing world details and lighting I can't help but think about just how far we've come.

The screenshots from the video provides a subtle hint to how Free Play in Forza Motorsport 8 will work:

Had to use Google Translate for this one, as German isn't my native tongue, so here:

Freies Spiel - Free play

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 9.14.33 PM.png

Schnelle Veranstaltungskonfiguration - Quick configuration
Erweiterte Veranstaltungskonfiguration - Advanced event configuration (whether or not this includes custom championships, or if you can hand-pick your opponents' cars remains to be seen.)

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 9.16.09 PM.png

Autos kaufen oder mieten - Buy or rent cars (With the ability to rent cars for Free Play, it's expected that all the cars in the game are available as rental cars in Free Play. Yes, all 500+ of them - currently at 506, or 520 with the Race Day Car Pack and Forza Editions. Whether or not you can choose from their car-specific colors and do basic setup tuning based on its default specs remains to be seen.)

As always, you can select cars you own in your garage.

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 9.22.19 PM.png

Spieltyp - Game type. So far, it reads Rundstreckenrennen, literally: circuit racing. Last I heard, there won't be any drift or drag modes at launch, but there could still be Hot Lap mode.

Strecke - Route, or in this context, environment.

Streckenführung - Route guidance, or specifically, layouts.

Tageszeit - Time of day.

Wetter - Weather.

Rundenzahl - Number of laps. One such feature is set to Automatic which gives you a predetermined number of laps, or you could choose how many laps you want the race to last.

Anzahl Drivatare - Number of Drivatars.

On the top right corner of the screen, you can read Zugelassene Mietwagen which translates to Approved rental cars, in which, this build features 529 known cars (assuming this does not include the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Forza Edition), likely also including the Race Day Car Pack (eight cars) and the five Forza editions from the VIP pack.

Last edited:
I think the Forza GT division hasn't been announced yet...
McLaren 720 S GT3...which was seen in footage and hope for any Ferrari GT3/GTE...

Last edited:
MS8
I think the Forza GT division hasn't been announced yet...
McLaren 720 S GT3...which was seen in footage and hope for any Ferrari GT3/GTE...
I wouldn't hold my breath for a new Ferrari GT3 or GTE car at launch, but the McLaren 720S GT3 is in the list.

I had a Spectrum growing up and my best mate had a C64 so we had the best of both worlds. I always thought that I had sharper graphics but he had better colours and amazing SID sound. And then the Amiga came out which floored us both.
The thing that always floored me at that time was the dedicated arcade machines, and the silky smooth motion. Digital Foundry did a video on the subject:

Even earlier than that, though, I remember being so envious of how silky smooth arcade driving games were compared to what we could play at home. I feel like I've been waiting the last 30+ years for gaming hardware to be able to deliver, but now I can run FH5 at 4k 144fps (with DLSS), and it's getting pretty close to being like looking at the real world through a window.

I'm another one who started with Revs on the BBC Micro. With a self built joystick to steer, no less...

When I'm driving around in the glorious HDR world of FH5 with amazing world details and lighting I can't help but think about just how far we've come.
My dad hooked up an RC joystick to the analogue input so my docking problems in Elite were a thing of the past.

I don't understand why they dropped this tiny but pleasant feature. They had it in Forza 3 and 4. If I were a betting man, you won't be able to choose basic colors... again.
They've had this since the first Motorsport from 2005.

That, and the ability to tune the setup of the car based on its stock configuration. But then again, this is also car-specific, as not all cars can have their parameters altered.

T10 talk about focusing on track racing so I’m surprised that they still have so many low Hp cars and some station wagons 🤪
Don't worry, they've also modelled the police so if you actually take a stationwagon on the track they come and arrest you. It's just a trap to catch the sort of morons that think it's acceptable to race low HP cars and station wagons, when everyone knows that's been illegal since the Replacement Thrusting Appendage Wars of 1997.

The Beeb may have been a little underendowed on the RAM front but time's been really kind to its software lineup over the years (particularly its first party games) and its typewriter quality keyboard was world class IMO... not something you could say about the Speccy. Nurburgring and the other three remaining tracks were eventually ported to the C64 as Revs+ for a total of six venues.

Publishers Acorn even went so far as to sponsor an F3 Championship featuring driver David Hunt.

View attachment 1291410
Totally agree about the speccy keyboard,well the one with the blue rubber keys.lol.Didnt have the chance for Revs+ on my C64,however,stunt car racer..............

I'm your age too. In those days, console wars were simply you had one or you didn't! 😏

Latest Posts

Back