Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,685 comments
The cut of performance SUVs makes no sense whatsoever. SUVs are the biggest segment right now, and there are so many amazing performance models that can keep up with or even outperform the sport luxury sedans, hot hatches and sports/super cars.

Just because the small "wE hATe suVs!!!" crowd on social media is loud, doesn't mean they should've removed them. A Trackhwak or a Urus is as much at home on a track as an RS6 or an M5, so might as well cut the sport luxury sedans as well in this case.

The proper offroaders, buggies, trophy trucks and such absolutely have no place in the game unless there is proper offroading racing, which there isn't of course, so no need for them.

But the performance SUVs are asphalt queens anyway, and have been a part of Forza since FM3 at the earliest, so cutting them completely is ridiculous, bring them back dammit.

The cut of performance SUVs makes no sense whatsoever. SUVs are the biggest segment right now, and there are so many amazing performance models that can keep up with or even outperform the sport luxury sedans, hot hatches and sports/super cars.

Just because the small "wE hATe suVs!!!" crowd on social media is loud, doesn't mean they should've removed them. A Trackhwak or a Urus is as much at home on a track as an RS6 or an M5, so might as well cut the sport luxury sedans as well in this case.

The proper offroaders, buggies, trophy trucks and such absolutely have no place in the game unless there is proper offroading racing, which there isn't of course, so no need for them.

But the performance SUVs are asphalt queens anyway, and have been a part of Forza since FM3 at the earliest, so cutting them completely is ridiculous, bring them back dammit.
I 100% agree with this. Also in the SUV segment there are a lot of electrical cars, it would be a nice to see the ICU vs EV racing battle going on there.

But indeed it’s fine to see all the off-road stuff and oddballs from FH removed. I’m fine with racing cars being unique to FM but off-road/oddball being unique to FH. But SUVs should indeed be in both games.

edit - please no LEGO, HotWheels or Fast ‘n Furious in FM either, keep that for FH as well.

Last edited:
They probably put all GT3, GT4, GTE, V8 and some off-spec cars into this one Forza GT Devision because Forza GT is a permanent and lasting category for multiplayer, it does‘t rotate in and out similar to other Devisions.
Yeah I actually don't mind this, as a kiwi I love driving the V8s so being able to do this more often in a competitive setting is a win for me, even though I admit it might be a bit weird, but at least if the cars are competitive with each other it'll be ok

I was expecting at least a couple of performance SUVs, maybe some specific iconic pick-ups such as ElCamino or the Brat, not even 10 cars in total in my mind.
I am honestly agree that im suprised they had not decided to put those small pickups on it, i wonder if they are planning to make a small pickup truck category or feel afraid that people would beg forbigger trucks
The cut of performance SUVs makes no sense whatsoever.
Hammers and Grifers, this why
I had saw various videos of FM7 complaning about it, and T10 had even ban certains cars from multiplayer use beacuse of such people

please no LEGO, HotWheels or Fast ‘n Furious in FM either
While i dont think they will put since they are removing even trucks, i think that some Realistic Racing Hotwheels would be great specially to replace series that would get into a licencing issue anyways like NASCAR or IndyCar

Realizing this makes me miss my dream SUV, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. It's the only SUV I actually liked, coming from one who thinks SUV's aren't his thing.

please no LEGO, HotWheels or Fast ‘n Furious in FM either, keep that for FH as well.
Lego definitely belongs in Horizon, no questions asked.

Fast & Furious cars, on the other hand, were mostly featured in Motorsport more than Horizon, such as with FM6 and FM7, but it would've been nicer if in Motorsport 7, they were better placed into separate divisions as even if these cars are quote-on-quote: "movie stars", they're still professionally tuned cars.

I remembered back in Motorsport 6 where I had tons of fun hot-lapping Paul Walker's R34 around the Nordschleife, something I thought I could never do in a video game.

But sadly, this film franchise has been going down the drain since the eighth movie, so if anything, they should only add cars from that movie franchise up to the seventh movie. Nowadays people resort to doing replicas of these cars through their liveries and builds, but still, nothing beats the authentic film cars themselves.

Some Hot Wheels concept vehicles make for realistic and amazing one-make races, such as the Bad to the Blade, which I originally thought would be very fitting for FM8. The rest that are in FH5, let's see:

• Hot Wheels Ford Mustang - Will make for amazing drift racing alongside Formula Drift cars.
  • Twin Mill - Can stay in Horizon. Its extreme horsepower from its twin supercharged W16 is betrayed somewhat due to its weight and length which can cause some severe handling issues, which makes it turn like a brick-**** outhouse.
  • Ford Dually F-5 Custom Hot Rod - Will only make sense, if a larger number of cars belonging to the hot rod genre will be featured in FM8 much later on.
  • Nash Metropolitan Custom - Same as above.
  • Rip Rod - Only if offroad/rally tracks are added to FM8 eventually, and buggies are well-represented.
  • Deora II - An iconic Hot Wheels original concept machine, but I still feel like this belongs more in Horizon.
  • 2JetZ - It can stay in Horizon, as it has the same issue as the Twin Mill, except that its poor handling comes from its short wheelbase. It also isn't the best-looking car in the world either, which in turn, also doesn't help with its aerodynamics.
  • Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Custom - Absolutely makes sense for it to be featured as it is a professionally-tuned track day car and can feel right at home on certain circuits.
  • Baja Bone Shaker - Same reason as the Rip Rod, and if trophy trucks and rally raid vehicles get good representation, should there be an offroad/rally update. But part of me thinks it should stay in Horizon as the Baja Bone Shaker is not based on any existing concept car and is directly from the toy itself.
  • Bone Shaker - By far the most controversial Hot Wheels vehicle due to it being illegal for use in FH4's Online Adventure, its use in online races give this car a bad reputation by most Forza fans. I haven't played online that much, but given my past experience driving this since Motorsport 6 gives me the impression that this should stay in Horizon as it doesn't handle too well, and has the aerodynamics of a brick.

Last edited:
You're missing the Cloud Gaming part. People on last gen consoles like Carlos can't play five days unless Xbox set it up to play from the cloud... which it doesn't look like they're doing.
Well since the game supports Xbox Cloud, why can’t it be played 5 days early on the cloud if one buys the premium?

I wanted to bring my controller to work that day to do some game setup stuff before I get home to play 😳

I really need people to understand that sponsorship does not mean they have a license to put the cars in the game. This happens all the time.

And as we've seen with GT and Pikes Peak, sometimes even the license doesn't mean they'll do anything with it...

Last edited:
I really need people to understand that sponsorship does not mean they have a license to put the cars in the game. This happens all the time.
Usually i agree with that, but ther has some WEIRD things related with NASCAR and Forza on last few months
First you see Forza Horizon 5 being listed in NASCAR eSports website linking to Forza Motorsport, now semmly out of nowere it seems next NASCAR race will get Forza sponsorship on it, there is has a saying where i am from that says "Where there has smoke, has a fire"

Last edited:
Hammers and Grifers, this why
I had saw various videos of FM7 complaning about it, and T10 had even ban certains cars from multiplayer use beacuse of such people
If ramming is such a problem with SUVs, then remove them from multiplayer and keep them in single-player only, simple as.

Just cause a small bunch of idiots don't know how to act with them doesn't mean the rest of us have to take a hit cause of it.

And I guess this relates to them being heavy bois, but EVs are just as heavy if not heavier, so remove those then as well...

Last edited:
If ramming is such a problem with SUVs, then remove them from multiplayer and keep them in single-player only, simple as.

Just cause a small bunch of idiots don't know how to act with them doesn't mean the rest of us have to take a hit cause of it.

And I guess this relates to them being heavy bois, but EVs are just as heavy if not heavier, so remove those then as well...
They could also have multiplayer series for suvs only and ban them in normal races with race cars and normal road cars

Well since the game supports Xbox Cloud, why can’t it be played 5 days early on the cloud if one buys the premium?
Don't ask me, ask Microsoft. They absolutely should do everything to make early cloud access available to people who've paid for it, especially last gen players. If there was something in the small print then the print should've been bigger.

Last edited:

And as we've seen with GT and Pikes Peak, sometimes even the license doesn't mean they'll do anything with it...
Yeah I feel like Gran Turismo was sponsoring V8 Supercars back around GT5 release or something, yet Bathurst was nowhere to be found until GT6, and the V8's were old models from PS2, but I may be remembering wrong here

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

So, when you have waited for months for a game to release and the hype builds as that release comes closer....
When "that game" is one of the primary reasons you've decided, okay it's time to build a new PC system.

After many hours and weeks of researching, watching hardware videos/reading reviews to decide on what to buy.
The time comes when you've picked that hardware and even make some last-minute changes for what to go with.
Finally, you've got it all delivered and that moment has come to put it all together.

Yikes, it's kind of nerve-racking but also exciting and just hoping everything will work as you begin to build your new system with only a couple of days before the games release.

Is it the same for others, but for me, BIG game releases like Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport have always been titles that made me spend money on hardware or peripherals.

I'm replacing a 6-year-old PC and finally, I will have a system that lets me enjoy my G9 monitor.

Last edited:
Is anyone else in a similar situation?

So, when you have waited for months for a game to release and the hype builds as that release comes closer....
When "that game" is one of the primary reasons you've decided, okay it's time to build a new PC system.

The first PC I ever built entirely for myself was right ahead of the release of Battlefield 4, I know the feeling. Been considering hardware upgrades for FM2023 but it does seem like it's gonna nail optimization. That GTX 1650 footage from a few pages ago was reassuring.

toEwxQMbXBg5FoB7yf9Hufx8dmkeAUvtc2dni-7Hc9Q.jpg

A Trackhwak or a Urus is as much at home on a track as an RS6 or an M5, so might as well cut the sport luxury sedans as well in this case.
Nah the higher centre of gravity is a killer, SUVs are compromised from the start, they were never meant to be sporty in the first place. Just polishing a turd.

That said they should still be in the game

Yeah I actually don't mind this, as a kiwi I love driving the V8s so being able to do this more often in a competitive setting is a win for me, even though I admit it might be a bit weird, but at least if the cars are competitive with each other it'll be ok
I'm "moving" to New Zealand tomorrow for a couple of days (well my xbox is ;) )
What should I try to see while I'm there ? :lol:

I hope to see you playing online :)

Don't ask me, ask Microsoft. They absolutely should do everything to make early cloud access available to people who've paid for it, especially last gen players. If there was something in the small print then the print should've been bigger.
Sorry, I wasn't meaning to come off as asking you. It was just a flippant question on my part, pissed off at MS for not letting me be able to access the game via cloud early at work. Should I be accessing the game at work? No. But that is besides the point 😎

Last edited:
I'd wager a guess that the majority of the cut cars that seem odd, like the BMWs and older race cars, will come back as rewards.

I'm a bit upset I bought the premium add-ons expecting to be able to play via the cloud on Thursday, but oh well, it is, what is it, I guess. It really wasn't very clear at all that it wouldn't be available until the 10th...

The cars are simply a tool.

A griefer will cause trouble with any car and enough effort.
Much like Shingo Shoji from Initial D. He drives a Honda EG Civic, but he will go absolutely ruthless on anyone simply by bulldozing his opponents.

DABURU KURASHU IKOZE!!!

I really wonder how the new collision physics feel now with FM8, or if it's still like FM7 where one minor tap, especially on an online race, could severely disrupt the victims' racing lines.

Last edited:
but I think the seriousness has killed part of the charm, not talking just about novelty cars, but anything plain different and still fun. I'm surprised the Austin Mini Cooper is still there...
This is why I don't tend to like over seriousness; the number of unfitting cars in FM7 was bad but they really didn't need to slaughter ALL of the oddballs. I'm not even gonna bring up TVR again because you probably know how frustrated I am about that. This list is kind of baffling to me, not in a good way. That along with one of the car pass cars being a variant of the M2 we already had in fh5 instead of the new gen that was introduced to the game post-launch? I really would like to see their thoughts behind why they picked and cut what they did, I want to understand why they've done some of these things.

Seriously, all this focus on seriousness is getting rid of a little bit of the charm, but that's just me. I'll need to play the game before I truly make a decision.

Last edited:
Much like Shingo Shoji from Initial D. He drives a Honda EG Civic, but he will go absolutely ruthless on anyone simply by bulldozing his opponents.

DABURU KURASHU IKOZE!!!

Shingo is amazing. He's who I picture drives every aggressively-driven, fart-cannon-equipped Civic I've ever met. He is the archetypal Civic Guy.

Now I wonder what would the archetypal Bone Shaker Guy look like... Someone wearing a Master Chief costume or a complete Santa outfit while making a silly dance in the loading screens, probably. Wait, that's just the wild Forza Horizon Player...

Back