Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
Sadly no, I have my spreadsheet in which confirmed cars shown up in green, and absent from previous titles in yellow, but I don't have a missing cars list as such.

Also, I knew content was going to be cut, it was a given. But the amount is staggering, and some don't make any sense, for example, all Evos were spared (at least, every Evo seen so far in Forza) but for some reason, the 2005 Impreza WRX STi is out...things like that are my biggest issue here.
I would be interested to know how many of these cut vehicles are trucks, suvs, or oddball vehicles.

The launch list is super weird, and I don't mean that in a good way; just lots of very strange cuts. Like I just don't understand how only two Koenigseggs survived. No Veyron either...

The community has made it pretty clear that they want a return to FM4; with a bigger focus on more normal vehicles and not hypercars.

Last edited:
Sadly no, I have my spreadsheet in which confirmed cars shown up in green, and absent from previous titles in yellow, but I don't have a missing cars list as such.

Also, I knew content was going to be cut, it was a given. But the amount is staggering, and some don't make any sense, for example, all Evos were spared (at least, every Evo seen so far in Forza) but for some reason, the 2005 Impreza WRX STi is out...things like that are my biggest issue here.
I was surprised that the RSX isn’t in the game, despite being in all the same other games as the Integra!

Heres my take on the final car list with both good and bad looks on it. The bad is that they really did trim some of the roster beyond the trucks, oddballs and offraoders. There are some serious glaring omissions from FM7 and FH5 which makes me wonder what the heck is going on behind the scenes at T10 and some of it cant be all licensing issues. The car divisions while some are nicely packed and accurate, others are just head scratchers. Like why not put the lambo essenza scv12 in the same group as the brabham bt-62 and aston vulcan? And yet again for the third game in a row why is GT cars a clump of 5 different racing series? Makes absolutely no sense and they could easily make a tab for v8 supercars, forza gt3 or gt4...same goes for the GTX class, it should be easily separated as group 5 and trans am/GTO. I really hope they correct this in an update one day its dumb and inaccurate. The good though is that I have faith in T10 when it comes to DLC and adding cars back. In all the dlcs from FM2 til FH5 I cant say that I have been let down much with any car addictions especially once we get beyond a year or two. I expect them to bring back dozens of requested or missing cars, and thru DLC I know they have some tricks up their sleeves and will impress us as time goes on with some great car additions that will fill up many of these car divisions. They just really need to move some cars around and rename/separate some of these divisions asap.

About 48 Hours to go for the Steam Early Access Release.

Still no preload.

awkward pulp fiction GIF

I've tried to compile all the most suitable "recycled cars" from FM7 all the way to FH5 that can fit Motorsport. 328 models in total, 306 unique car models. Cars such as the V8 Supercars, BMW V12 LMR and Ferrari 333 SP are not counted, as their liveries can be replicated.

Attachments

• ForzaMotorsport Possible Recycled Car List.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I meant that they probally drop the road version to put the race version beacuse the road version in FH5 was used to replace the race version, opposite situation with FM
I can’t see the reasoning in doing that. They clearly took the time to bring the car back over & up to the new game’s standards.

If there was intent to add the race car, I assume they’d just keep both. I could maybe see a licensing issue at play but the road car has been a staple in the Motorsport series since FM2 when it actually replaced the #11 CLK GTR in FM1.

Ready for tomorrow afternoon! (Wednesday).
Still not sure where I'm going to play it the most.

Casual on my couch in the livingroom on Series X and 65" OLED with controller.
Or in my full-blown triple screen simrig (TREQ One, Fanatec GT DD Pro with Formula V2.5X and BMW GT2 Wheel and Load Cell Pedals) and PC (5800x3D and 4080).

8uJH3Cu.png

But then on a single monitor, since this game doesn't support native triple screen. NVIDIA Surround just stretches the images and that's not very pretty.

I have the game preloaded on both systems though.

I would be interested to know how many of these cut vehicles are trucks, suvs, or oddball vehicles.
Well as shown in my previous post to that one, with the images, every single truck, suv, pick-up, and oddball car is gone, from the BMW Isetta to the Cadillac Limo, nothing was spared on that regard, absolutely nothing. Even the Mercedes Actros, which is raced in circuits, it seems the message was 'anything oddball/fun, out' But also shown was the fact that the cut reached many corners, supercars were affected of course, but also plenty of racing cars perfectly suited for Motorsport, some of them fairly new (first seen in FM7)

Porsche and Ferrari would be the worst offenders, especially Porsche, since the 917/20, 917/30, 935/78, 804, 904 Carrera GTS, 906 Carrera 6 and RS Spyder Evo were all cut.

Renault Clio RS Mk.3 and 4? Cut. Golf R Mk.6? Cut. Every single Volvo but the 850 R? Cut. Every Lotus Elise and Exige? Cut. Jaguar XK 120? Also cut. Audi R15++ and 2012 R18? Gone. So hot hatches, tuner cars, track cars, racing cars...every single league was affected one way or the other. Usual and expected cuts, such as base/older versions of certain cars (BMW M3 E92, Lambo Aventador...) were always expected, some others were surprising, and other ones were plain jawdropping.

Again, I want to be clear this is just a note on how the cuts doesn't make sense to me. I have every Forza, played and finished every Forza (well, still doing FH5 as a late joiner) and this will be no exception, but I think there is also room to wonder what's going on.

I get that Forza Horizon is definitely the place for the fun cars, especially off-roaders, and since Motorsport doesn't seem to have off-roading events anytime soon, I understand most cuts in that regard for example (they could have left at least some, such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk to name one anyway, since it's a more track, hence the name, focused version...) but I think the seriousness has killed part of the charm, not talking just about novelty cars, but anything plain different and still fun. I'm surprised the Austin Mini Cooper is still there...

Last edited:
What the hell happened to some of the Audis?! The C7 RS7, the B8 RS5, the C6 RS6, the Mk2 TT RS and the freaking RS2 are gone?!

I keep hoping for them to bring back the Mk1 TT 3.2 Quattro from FM4 to complete the TT line up, but instead, they cut the Mk2?!

This whole list is a damn mess, the 1990s, 2000s and early 2010s have been absolutely slaughtered for no reason whatsoever!

I hate it here :(

Last edited:
Reminder for anyone who is planning to bring over liveries: make sure the livery you want to bring over is on the version of the car that will be carried forward into FM8, or save the vinyl groups to transfer them over to the right car, whether in FM7 or FM8.

I just went through my liveries and noticed several of my V8 Supercar liveries were on the versions not getting carried over, as well as a few liveries for the 2013 SRT Viper race car (we are only getting the 2014 Dodge Viper race car), so I had to make vinyl packs out of them to transfer. Did the same for several road cars where we are losing the older generation for the slightly newer version of like the BMW 1 Series M and so on.

I went ahead and bought the premium pack thing, will buy the actual game when it goes on sale eventually. I didn't really need it a few days early, but I'm trying to be optimistic about the Car Pass, and when several of my friends are playing it on the 5th I'd be annoyed not being able to join them so I figured what the hell.

Maybe I'm just being negative, but the first car in the Car Pass being the VW TCR that was available way back during the original XB1 beta test is a little... disappointing. I don't expect/want the Car Pass to be all 2022+ race cars, but the first release being a car they finished modeling 2 years ago and that is now retired by the factory and not supported (and not old enough to be considered a "historic" car) isn't exactly starting with a bang, in my opinion.

Gotta say the car release list is kinda weird. Some odd omissions, some things we have seen several times before and have featured prominently in trailers gone, and now that it is finally here it has kinda killed optimism for a few missing favorites since I can no longer think "oh but maybe it's going to be one of the last ones announced." That's the way it goes though, I guess.

Whats the point of forza edition cars its nothing more than to pad the car list.
A few of them in FM7 were cool like the Trans Am and E30, but they were only cool because of their unique body kit so they could have just added it as a widebody kit upgrade to the stock version instead of making a whole "new" FE version... Which actually would have been better

Last edited:
We can't play in October 5th in Cloud Gaming with upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle with XboxGamePass ?
Unfortunately I don't have the S/X series console, only XONE, I rely on the cloud to play Motorsport.
I thought you can get early access,according to the microsoft store,you get early access if you buy the premium add on.Or am i missing something?

What the hell happened to some of the Audis?! The C7 RS7, the B8 RS5, the C6 RS6, the Mk2 TT RS and the freaking RS2 are gone?!

I keep hoping for them to bring back the Mk1 TT 3.2 Quattro from FM4 to complete the TT line up, but instead, they cut the Mk2?!

This whole list is a damn mess, the 1990s, 2000s and early 2010s have been absolutely slaughtered for no reason whatsoever!

So many strange cuts.

Honestly at the same time we will never understand.

Decades have past and still dont understand why the Maserati MC12 Corsa was cut for FM3 and FM4 while it makes into Forza Horizon.

The MC12 Corsa was made for the track.

Race cars cut from FM7:

1934 Alfa Romeo P3
1950 Alfa Romeo 158
2011 Audi R15++
2012 Audi R18
2014 Audi R8 LMS
2014 Audi S3 BTCC
2006 Aston Martin DBR9
2017 Bentley Continental GT3
2014 BMW 125i BTCC
2009 BMW M3 GT2
2014 BMW Z4 GTE
1977 Brabham BT45B
1969 Brawner-Hawk
2011 Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
2014 Chevrolet RML Cruze TC1
1948 Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta
1971 Ferrari 312 PB
1952 Ferrari 375 Indianapolis
2011 Ferrari 458 Italia GTC
2014 Ferrari 458 Italia GTE
2014 Honda Civic WTCC
2014 Jaguar XK GT3
2014 Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo
1980 Lancia Beta Montecarlo Gr.5
1956 Lotus Eleven
1957 Maserati 250F
2014 Maserati GranTurismo MC Trofeo
2011 McLaren 12C GT3
2014 McLaren 12C GT3
2015 Mercedes-Benz Actros
2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
2014 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
1994 Nissan 300ZX IMSA GTS
2015 Nissan GT-R Super GT
2010 Oreca FLM09
2009 Peugeot 908
2011 Peugeot 908
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
1962 Porsche 804
1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6
2011 Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
1971 Porsche 917/20
1973 Porsche 917/30
2015 Porsche 919
2008 Porsche RS Spyder Evo
2011 Radical SR8 RX
2017 Renault R.S.17
2013 Ford Sinter LA12
2013 SRT Viper GTS-R
2014 Volvo S60 STCC

Indycar
NASCAR
Formula E
Rally/rallycross
Supercars: 2015 & 2016 season cars out only carry over 2017
Touring Cars: they have been replaced with modern models, in this category it has improved compared to FM7. But some are DLC.
GT: there are strange things like going from a 2017 Bentley to a 2014 one, and again some of the new GT3 are DLC.
Some duplicates with different livery have been lost.

Ready for tomorrow afternoon! (Wednesday).
Still not sure where I'm going to play it the most.

Casual on my couch in the livingroom on Series X and 65" OLED with controller.
Or in my full-blown triple screen simrig (TREQ One, Fanatec GT DD Pro with Formula V2.5X and BMW GT2 Wheel and Load Cell Pedals) and PC (5800x3D and 4080).

8uJH3Cu.png

But then on a single monitor, since this game doesn't support native triple screen. NVIDIA Surround just stretches the images and that's not very pretty.

I have the game preloaded on both systems though.
Very Impressive....

I thought you can get early access,according to the microsoft store,you get early access if you buy the premium add on.Or am i missing something?
You're missing the Cloud Gaming part. People on last gen consoles like Carlos can't play five days earlier unless Xbox set it up to play from the cloud... which it doesn't look like they're doing.

Last edited:
Super GT
Indycar
NASCAR

Likely that those happened beacuse of licencing issues, NASCAR and IndyCar has excluvitiy with Motorsport Games in the moment and other games also suffered with it

Super GT is more complicated, it has sponsorship of Gran Turismo but as far i know it never stopped the cars from being shown in games, Nissan had replaced with the GTR Nissan with the Z

Actually, i wonder if the fact that there has a updated new model the fact some of those car brands had not allowed, for exemple the Formula Ford isnt used anymore beacuse they replaced it with the Formula 4 UK (that also uses Ford motors but different chassis)

Well as shown in my previous post to that one, with the images, every single truck, suv, pick-up, and oddball car is gone, from the BMW Isetta to the Cadillac Limo, nothing was spared on that regard, absolutely nothing. Even the Mercedes Actros, which is raced in circuits, it seems the message was 'anything oddball/fun, out'
They had warned months ago that they would cut SUVs, Trucks, oddball cars and cars like the Cady Limo, i am surprised that there has people got suprised at it when it was something that was litteraly talked around the same time as the delay of Nords

Last edited:

The RS2 is in the list on Forza.net, but I agree the list has gone through a serious purge and it's quite sad tbh. I will still enjoy the game though.

The RS2 is in the list on Forza.net, but I agree the list has gone through a serious purge and it's quite sad tbh. I will still enjoy the game though.
Oh my bad, guess I am going bland! At least one silver lining in this great purge...

And no previous gen R8 LMS while the already old new R8 LMS is DLC is just great...

Also why is the new RS3 in the Sport Coupe category?! What is this absolute mess?!

Last edited:
Don't worry guys, they'll sell you loads of the cut cars as part of the DLCs! :D
The only DLC confirmed post launch is CarPass and car pass tend to be New-to-Forza Cars even the so criticized Horizon 5 followed it
Likely the cars that will be back will be FREE DLC straight added to autoshow as time goes on

This if the automakers dont be stupid as i had the feel they are growing more and more annoying about what cars companies can use or not, they seems more intrested in show only the most iconic or the most recent veicules for some weird reason , it is not just on Forza, The Crew and NFS seems to have this same issue of certain cars not allowed to be used

Last edited:
They had warned months ago that they would cut SUVs, Trucks, oddball cars and cars like the Cady Limo, i am surprised that there has people got suprised at it when it was something that was litteraly talked around the same time as the delay of Nords
Again, I at least was fully aware of that, but I didn't expect to go all the way, I was expecting at least a couple of performance SUVs, maybe some specific iconic pick-ups such as ElCamino or the Brat, not even 10 cars in total in my mind. Not even that happened...but of course, considering the cuts in general, right now that's the least of the problems for the list.

Yea they should had created a split class for Forza GT
Idk why they are so insistent in not split Forza GT if they had split various classes and even put a few specs
They probably put all GT3, GT4, GTE, V8 and some off-spec cars into this one Forza GT Devision because Forza GT is a permanent and lasting category for multiplayer, it does‘t rotate in and out similar to other Devisions.

Back