Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,346 comments
Anyone else notice the colour saturation in these latest vids is much better, is that a result of these being ingame clips rather than from capture cards?

@nukleabomb But is that multiplayer,all the names look like player gamertags?In almost all the career mode gameplays ive watched theres no data showing time gaps to other cars.I hope its just turned off,nothing more satisfying than seeing your time/gap to the next place getting smaller,and sometimes larger. :lol:

It wont be a deal breaker for me if its not in game but I will be pretty miffed if its not,theres not really any reason for it to be omitted
there is no rewind in multiplayer afaik, so it is single player gameplay

Just started preload on Series X, ‘hi res track textures’ sounds a bit Grid Autosport on Nintendo Switch but hey, I’m hyped. This is half of the upcoming “greatest month for racing games in years” duo with EA WRC and I’d forgotten it’s playable in a couple of days with early access too. Bonus.

The driver arms self reflection on the windscreen at night when you drive under a light is very good. Did FM7 do that?
Yes it did

9MIKDbC.png

Well the GT car list has some big gaps with no Audi R8 or Mercedes GT, although the Audi gap (along with a Porsche GT3 R) is being closed immediately in the race day car pack. So it's just a Mercedes AMG GT GT3 which is conspicuously absent.

Still, it would be new to Forza. Car Pass week 2?

Edit: Whoever put the Aussie V8 Supercars in the GT field should be given a good talking to. Bad choice.

Last edited:
Chris Esaki did mention there would be no drift suspension/diff/tires like in FM7/FH4-5 in the game, which further misconcepts the misconception. :lol:
That’s incorrect. Drift suspension is in the game, only fh5 has had drift tires, diff and transmission. Drift diff is just a pre-tuned race diff and the transmission actually has less gears but still you could just alter ratios to effectively have 4 gears 🤷🏼‍♂️ Fm has never had drift tires tho, I don’t think it’s needed as we’ve always just used the normal stock/street/sport tires for drifting in earlier games.

Last edited:
Divisions looking good for the most part but some very interesting choices.

The 2003 Volkswagen Golf R32 in Modern Hot Hatch? Lol wut?

The Old V8 Supercars in Forza GT? Uhhhhhhhhhhh guys come on now, how hard is it to make a separate division for them?

Also I noticed they have put the EVO/Impreza's in the Sport Compact divisions as opposed to a seperate Rally Division like previous games. I guess it makes sense but seeing an EVO 9 from 2006 as a Modern Sport Compact is a little weird.

The list has updated to its final list

It includes 501 cars at launch (not counting DLC)
Not so fast. One such video that was shown had up to 529 rental cars (including DLC, the eight cars and six Forza editions - 515 cars), so the remaining cars will likely be:

2020 Acura #6 ARX-05 DPi
2014 Ferrari FXX K
2020 Formula Drift #151 Toyota GR Supra
2018 Formula Drift #64 Nissan 370Z
2019 Ginetta #6 Team LNT Ginetta G60 LT-P1
2020 KTM X-Bow GT2
2018 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Huracan Super Trofeo EVO
2019 Lexus #14 Vasser Sullivan RC F GT3
2019 McLaren Senna GTR
2018 McLaren #03 McLaren GT 720S GT3
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3
1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R
2019 Porsche #70 Porsche Motorsport 935
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Last edited:
Not so fast. One such video that was shown had up to 529 rental cars (including DLC, the eight cars and six Forza editions - 515 cars), so the remaining cars will likely be:

2020 Acura #6 ARX-DPi
2014 Ferrari FXX K
2020 Formula Drift #151 Toyota GR Supra
2018 Formula Drift #64 Nissan 370Z
2019 Ginetta #6 Team LNT Ginetta G60 LT-P1
2020 KTM X-Bow GT2
2018 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Huracan Super Trofeo EVO
2019 Lexus #14 Vasser Sullivan RC F GT3
2019 McLaren Senna GTR
2018 McLaren #03 McLaren GT 720S GT3
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3
2019 Porsche #70 Porsche Motorsport 935
You're forgetting the Welcome Pack. That's 5 "duplicate" cars with "Welcome Pack" sticker added to them.

I could swear I saw the 1995 Porsche 911 GT2 on the initial car list and now it's gone. Pretty sad, I must have been wrong about that. 😔

Divisions looking good for the most part but some very interesting choices.

The 2003 Volkswagen Golf R32 in Modern Hot Hatch? Lol wut?

The Old V8 Supercars in Forza GT? Uhhhhhhhhhhh guys come on now, how hard is it to make a separate division for them?

Also I noticed they have put the EVO/Impreza's in the Sport Compact divisions as opposed to a seperate Rally Division like previous games. I guess it makes sense but seeing an EVO 9 from 2006 as a Modern Sport Compact is a little weird.
I was kind of disappointed at the Forza GT grab-bag approach, and also a bit let down that all the "silhouette" cars from the Gr. 5 '70s, Japanese Super Silhouette, and '80s/'90s IMSA cars were all thrown together into the "GTX sportscars" category, too. On the other hand, I do think the Group C category looks like it'll be a total blast, and it's interesting to see the classic muscle cars with a Trans Am/circuit-racing history separated from the ones that were more popular as street/drag cars (though why the Bathurst-legend VH Valiant Charger and '68 Monaro GTS aren't part of the former category is a mystery to me.)

And at least someone got the message that the Lamborghini Espada is by no definition of the word a "supercar," even if you stick the word "retro" in there. (EDIT: then again, seeing every model that was first synonymous with the term "supercar" in the '80s and '90s, including the McLaren F1, recategorized as "Exotic GT Classics" just seems wrong to me.)

Last edited:
Forza divisions get a big thumbs up from me except for a few questionable sorts like gt4 and v8 supercars being alongside gt3, and the hypercar trinity being exiled to exotic gt instead of hypercars, while the sf90 and the svj should be alongside the 720s/765lt and the gt2rs. Ct5v should be in sport luxury and the i8 should be a sports car.

I hope that gt4 and v8 supercars get their own divisions when they get more additions down the line.

But for each one of these weird ones I am happy that lmp/gtp/lmdh are all split. Group 6 is also it's own thing. Mission R being a spec series is a good move. TC cars are in their own group too.

Overall they are much better than previous FMs.

Yea they should had created a split class for Forza GT
Idk why they are so insistent in not split Forza GT if they had split various classes and even put a few specs
But the Ginetta is listed as a spotlight car not a reward. So that means it'll be in the Autoshow?
its confirmed that will be in Autoshow
only the Acura that we dont know how it will end

Race cars present in FH5 but missing in Motorsport:

1964 Jaguar E-Type Lightweight
1966 Jaguar XJ13
1971 Porsche 917/20 (Pink Pig):grumpy::banghead:
2020 MG 6 TCR

Hopefully there will be a day one update that includes cars that have been announced and are now not listed.

Last edited:
I feel they missed a trick with the Factory RaceCars (which is effectively the new SRO GT1 class)... The Lambo Essenza should have been there, and they should have put the Huracan Super Trofeo in the GT class (which it will no doubt go when added to the game soon). And Pagani's Huayra R (and even the Zonda R) should have not been dropped from FH5 since they are a big part of that class.

Also the McLaren 620R should really go in a race car division like the F458 Challenge, shouldn't it?

Maybe cars that are rewards aren't in the car list because you have to win them?

Don't forget this was a months-old build of the game also
The Ginetta is confirmed that will be on Autoshop
But i think that maybe the Acura will be a reward car in a future permament new events

Back