Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,337 comments
can you (or someone that had brought) take a pic of the back part of the pack?
20231001_181830.jpg

Is anyone planning to change their Xbox's location to New Zealand this wednesday or will everyone just wait for the release at midnight in their regular time zone?
sponge bob day GIF
I have a day off on Wednesday so i think I'll be emigrating :lol:then flying back Wednesday night ready for work on Thursday morning ;)
Oh great US only, so we already have things we're not allowed to have in the UK :(

I have a day off on Wednesday so i think I'll be emigrating :lol:then flying back Wednesday night ready for work on Thursday morning ;)

Oh great US only, so we already have things we're not allowed to have in the UK :(
Set my PC's region to Kiribati, would end up playing the game on Thursday, 8 AM Philippine time.

Still no news on Steam preload. It's getting rather close to the release window for those with editions above the base game...
It'll probably unlock soon. From what I gather Steam preloads for Microsoft titles tend to come closer to launch compared to their own store (Starfield preloads started two weeks after Xbox/MS Store, for instance). I could see them following a similar cadence to FH5 which unlocked the Monday prior to it's early access release, so I'm betting on either tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

It will likely preload just a week before release. IIRC, Starfield started preloading on Steam on August 30th which would've been a week before its release.

Last edited:
I just pre-ordered the game on disc because I need a physical reminder of this momentous occasion. My whiskers are tingling with excitement:lol:

While I've got just about everything I need for review purposes (aside from one or two details I need to revisit), if there's anything anyone would like me to look at specifically - both ahead of the review and for additional info post-embargo - please do let me know.

Pretty sure they listed either handling or tyre model as being up there with the best sims, if you can list which it feels better than please.

It releases in 3 days. Wish I could start downloading it too. Hopeful that it's unlocked tomorrow, Monday.
I'm not sure but perhaps the Steam pre-download is delayed by MS because it's easier to crack than the MS store one.
Pretty sure they listed either handling or tyre model as being up there with the best sims, if you can list which it feels better than please.
I don't remember them saying the handling was the best, but they did say that their tyre model had six points of contact and sampled at 8x the old rate, and that other aspects of the simulation had been rebuilt. How this translates into road feel would be a matter for review, however.

Motortrend
The previous Forza tire model used a single point of contact per tire to calculate its physics response. Esaki said that model is completely rebuilt for Forza Motorsport and now samples from eight points of contact per tire which adds up to a 48x increase in fidelity. They're also pulling the data six times faster per tire.

Esaki also said that the suspension, aerodynamics, and weight models have all also been completely rebuilt but did not specify the increase in performance over previous Forza games. However, he is confident in its capabilities. "I would put this [Forza's] simulation up against the hardest core sims that are out there," said Esaki.

Last edited:
I know that it really doesn't matter in the slightest, and I'm more just bored waiting for the game to release, but anyone want to have a guess on the Metascore for FM2023?

My guess: 83

91. Reviewers love graphical advancements and so on. So it’ll score highly for that and for having a more ‘game’ focussed progression. Reviewers who are into racing games and/or sims will score it highly for the car choices and environments, multiplayer options and again visuals.

I think from a MS/T10 perspective, anything else than 90 would be slightly disappointing and if it scores lower than FM7 it’s a failure.

Game looks incredible. Yes, before someone feels a need to tell me, I know it's not without flaws.

I'm gonna wait for a few reviews before I get the premium pass. I have enough Microsoft Rewards points to get me $13 off. Then hopefully the game will have a nice discount before my game pass subscription runs out next year.

Game looks incredible. Yes, before someone feels a need to tell me, I know it's not without flaws.

I'm gonna wait for a few reviews before I get the premium pass. I have enough Microsoft Rewards points to get me $13 off. Then hopefully the game will have a nice discount before my game pass subscription runs out next year.
£20 Iceland Xbox Store, and around £18 Turkey Xbox Store. Decent savings to be had.

"I would put this [Forza's] simulation up against the hardest core sims that are out there," said Esaki.
Yeah this bit really, if a review could list which sims it feels better than that'd be great to help users decide whether to invest.

While I've got just about everything I need for review purposes (aside from one or two details I need to revisit), if there's anything anyone would like me to look at specifically - both ahead of the review and for additional info post-embargo - please do let me know.
Also, they've marketed it and listed it in stores as being 'photorealistic', is it?
Screenshot 2023-10-02 131106.png

Yeah this bit really, if a review could list which sims it feels better than that'd be great to help users decide whether to invest.

Also, they've marketed it and listed it in stores as being 'photorealistic', is it?
Ahhh, I remember when that term was used to market games in 1998...

Our review will cover our standard review bases - content, sound, graphics, physics, online features. I'm more looking for anything else people would like to know about once the embargo expires - which is 0800 UTC on Wednesday.

So the DS 3 is being branded as a Critroën again, it appears. Small detail but interesting to note, especially since it was announced as a DS
Not their first amendment..

Like how they announced the Focus BTCC car to be in the regular roster, but now its part of the Premium DLC. :banghead:

I can't wait for Thursday when I'll hopefully be too busy playing the game to continually put car list and graphics details under a microscope and will be able to judge for myself how the cars feel to drive, instead of relying on other people's subjective opinions.

Last edited:
Have access to laser cutter and vinyl printer, bought digital premium but keen to make some swag to commemorate the release, any ideas?

Back