Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Has the most recent update fixed the “career progression loss” bug or the “tune a car and crash the game” bug? Or the “event data not yet downloaded” bug? I ended up getting a refund from Microsoft as I couldn’t believe the state of the released game, and that I paid $150 AUD for a public beta. But I’ll consider coming back if they have made the game playable.

Has the most recent update fixed the “career progression loss” bug or the “tune a car and crash the game” bug? Or the “event data not yet downloaded” bug? I ended up getting a refund from Microsoft as I couldn’t believe the state of the released game, and that I paid $150 AUD for a public beta. But I’ll consider coming back if they have made the game playable.
Just buy a month of GP & try before you buy again, cheaper that way.

From what I read in here people seem to be having different bugs to others so they might not encounter the same bug as you.

I had stayed away for a bit from game talk besides car voting on Forza Forums beacuse most game seems that disapponted so many people, everything i see about the game everywhere is critics and most of my friends had quit playing the game for different reasons, leaving me alone with it, making me alone and unmotivate to talk about it or even play besides the single player modes

I actually apreciate receive suggestions of discord severs or places that i can join casual talk about the game that isnt focused on its problems and place i can play the ranked mode with people i can talk and have fun with

I am trying to keep my hopes and support to the game, but since the launch it got hard...
Potential car pass additions
Looking at the app ids, my guess is that they will drop in this order, starting next week with the AMG GT3:
I had counted 27 Cars
the car pass will have around 35 so there has 8 unknown cars left of all of those be in the car pass, maybe some Ginettas will be on it

Jakexvx had done a date list about the cars, judging from his dates the car pass would end in June

Im still playing although im hoping they get around to a few annoying QOL things soon. Im keeping my hopes alive that within 6 months this will be a completely different game with enough content to keep me satisfied.

Looks like that on steam
Steam DB in fact had stabilized in 1k players peak each day so it seems the game wont be that much abandoned as it seemed on first days
Game would have more people playing it on consoles anyways, in True Archivements, for exemple, it is still more played than FH5 in moment

Last edited:
Still playing (console) both single and multiplayer, I've been very fortunate compared to others when it comes to bugs. Trying to work out private multiplayer racing has been a bit of a mess, if I'm honest, but we're still at it.

Steam DB in fact had stabilized in 1k players peak each day so it seems the game wont be that much abandoned as it seemed on first days
Game would have more people playing it on consoles anyways, in True Archivements, for exemple, it is still more played than FH5 in moment
In case you guys wonders, here are where the game stands in most played at some regions
The most played variates between region to region

USA - 5 row, ahead of Mortal Kombat 1, Ark and New Yakuza Game

Japan (best result of week) - 2nd row, Alongside Persona 5 Tatica, Ahead of FH5, Diablo IV and Minecraft
France (best so far also) - 2nd row, ahead of Starfield, Minecraft and Diablo IV
Germany - 3rd row, alongside Diablo IV, Apex Legends and Starfield
Taiwan (likely with Chinese import players as well) - 3rd Row, alongside Starfield and GTA V, ahead of Halo Infinite
Brazil - 4th row, ahead of Yakuza new game, Lies of P, Diablo IV and Elder Ring
GB - 4th row, alongside Red Dead and Overwatch 2, Ahead of Halo Infinite and New Yakuza game
Canada - 5th row, Ahead of Cyberpunk, Sea of Thieves and New Yakuza Game

Mexico - 9 row (the worst so far), alongside Starfield, Elder Ring and Warframe on the same row

Last edited:
So people are still playing the game or it is already dead? Looks like that on steam..
I'm still playing it but not as much as I play AC and AMS2. I'll do the new events whenever they come out but I don't really care too much about road cars and other game do race cars so much better than FM. That's why I don't play FM very often.

Okay here's a few interesting badge found in the files

decal566.png

Delage

decal580.png

Polestar

decal584.png

Venturi

decal635.png

Czinger

decal641.png

Prior Design (Text string of this brand is also found on FH5 file)

Earlier version of Builders cup banner i guess?
bg_builderscup_lrg.png

I remember someone post this banner before on this forum, but this one doesn't get used in the game currently
bg_racerscup_lrg.png

View attachment 1306096

Delage

View attachment 1306097
Polestar

View attachment 1306098
Venturi

View attachment 1306099
Czinger

View attachment 1306100

View attachment 1306101

I remember someone post this banner before on this forum, but this one doesn't get used in the game currently
View attachment 1306102
Delage and Venturi are very interesting French(?) brands that we don't get in games anymore.

Delage has a new hypercar called the D12 apart from which, all their cars are from before 1960s. They also have some racing history that would find in Early Grand Prix.

The Venturi Atlantique was apparently found in the fh4 files about 5 years back (https://www.gtplanet.net/forza-horizon-4-getting-the-venturi-atlantique-according-to-instagram-yes/). So to see that gorgeous car coming to FM (with hopefully the LM and GTR racecars) would be great.
They also had a formula e team till 2022.
And a Lambo Powered v12 F1 car in 1992. It was extremely slow and unreliable with 1 6th place finish and 10 race finishes out of 32 entries. Ended up with 1 point.

The Czinger 21C is probably coming from FH5 (mostly as a free car, because it is DLC in FH5).

Polestar is very intriguing, because thats the new polestar logo (used since 2017 i think). It means that it is hopefully the standalone brand. Anything from the Polestar 1 to the Polestar 6.
However that logo has also been used on the recent (post 2017) S60, V60 and XC60 Polestar cars. Newer Volvos woudn't hurt either.

The Venturi Atlantique was apparently found in the fh4 files about 5 years back (https://www.gtplanet.net/forza-horizon-4-getting-the-venturi-atlantique-according-to-instagram-yes/). So to see that gorgeous car coming to FM (with hopefully the LM and GTR racecars) would be great.
They also had a formula e team till 2022.
And a Lambo Powered v12 F1 car in 1992. It was extremely slow and unreliable with 1 6th place finish and 10 race finishes out of 32 entries. Ended up with 1 point.
I really hope we get one of the race cars, in particular I have a soft spot for the 400/500 with the F40 style wing. It has the quintessential late 80s/early 90s supercar styling. It feels like it can be spotted it in every unlicensed racing game from the n64/ps1 era. Before I could really place the name (as an american) it was already so familiar to me, just unlabeled. "That car from that game, you know the one".

1998FFSADijon_jb_0004.jpg

View attachment 1306096

Delage

View attachment 1306097
Polestar

View attachment 1306098
Venturi

View attachment 1306099
Czinger

View attachment 1306100

View attachment 1306101

View attachment 1306102
Any more interesting manufacturer logos? Something like Matra-Simca or Tyrrell?

I've not encountered any of these since the patch, and in addition every single multiplayer race I've joined has started on time, no delays or crashes.

I had stayed away for a bit from game talk besides car voting on Forza Forums beacuse most game seems that disapponted so many people, everything i see about the game everywhere is critics and most of my friends had quit playing the game for different reasons, leaving me alone with it, making me alone and unmotivate to talk about it or even play besides the single player modes

I actually apreciate receive suggestions of discord severs or places that i can join casual talk about the game that isnt focused on its problems and place i can play the ranked mode with people i can talk and have fun with

I'm not a discord enthusiast, but can suggest a few YT channels that have good content and good discourse
  • Rory Alexander (streams mon-fri FM and GT7)
  • raceboy77 (streams on twitch but posts good races up on YT)
  • The Grey Beard Gamer
  • Just Devon (a must subscribe for his idiots of the week vids)
  • HDeeRacing
  • Nick Harper Racing
  • ABPlays

So people are still playing the game or it is already dead? Looks like that on steam..

I don't see the point of buying on steam anyway when if you buy on the Xbox store you can play on both PC and Xbox

All these issues have been solved. Unless I'm very much mistaken.

The 2.0 patch had a bunch of fixes for career progression loss, but since I thankfully never had that bug I can't tell if it's fixed or not. I've not seen anyone complaining that they still have the bug post-2.0 but it's possible that the people who had the bug gave up on FM23.

Personally I'm still playing it gradually, as I expected to. Not done with the Builder's Cup yet, but I've been mixing in plenty of Free Races in the meantime just to drive the cars I want to drive.

I'm currently working on the Open Tour since that is the only one which will expire each month.

The 2.0 patch had a bunch of fixes for career progression loss, but since I thankfully never had that bug I can't tell if it's fixed or not. I've not seen anyone complaining that they still have the bug post-2.0 but it's possible that the people who had the bug gave up on FM23.

Personally I'm still playing it gradually, as I expected to. Not done with the Builder's Cup yet, but I've been mixing in plenty of Free Races in the meantime just to drive the cars I want to drive.

I'm currently working on the Open Tour since that is the only one which will expire each month.
Since the update ive had the flickering issue in my garage and autoshow,if I select a different car and go back to my garage its gone.The flickering also happens in races sometimes.An annoying bug ive had since the update regards the filters in the autoshow,if I select`class`then come out of the autoshow when I go back into it it has gone back to its default filter.It used to stay on the selected filter before the last update,its not game breaking like some peoples issues just annoying.
Im having a blast on the open classes,I started with a Nissan Pulsar,D class,uped it to C class,then uped to B class.Hopeful for the issues to be resolved at some point.

The only bug I've encountered since the update is when creating a custom length race my wheel goes dead, can't turn, no ffb, nothing, pedals still work. Change back to any preset length race & everything works again.

Oh & looking left/right while in cockpit still looks like you're travelling up hill.

I personally only have 1 bug: If I go into the car list and load a livery from internet on to one of my cars, it immediately halves frame rates (both in the menu and while racing according to MSI Afterburner FPS counter), so I have to restart the game before I can race after doing anything serious with liveries.

No clue when they will fix it. I've not heard anyone else complaining about it, only crashes in a similar situation. Maybe it's some odd graphical setting combination I picked which causes it?

Last edited:
I personally only have 1 bug: If I go into the car list and load a livery from internet on to one of my cars, it immediately halves frame rates (both in the menu and while racing according to MSI Afterburner FPS counter), so I have to restart the game before I can race after doing anything serious with liveries.

No clue when they will fix it. I've not heard anyone else complaining about it, only crashes in a similar situation. Maybe it's some odd graphical setting combination I picked which causes it?
That happens to almost everybody since launch on pc. DF have talked about it, and they think its because of swapping fast between different assets. The game has a memory leak after that which causes massive stuttering and fps loss. It also happens if you play the career mode with 4+ races. You will notice that the first 2 to 3 races are butter smooth and race 4 and 5 are all laggy because the game needs to load a diffferent track (big asset). This and the missing environmental detail shoudl be there 1st prior fixing in the next update on pc.

Annoying bug or whatever it's classed as - when you go back to the menus and the livery doesn't load for 5/10 seconds on your main Showroom car.

Other than that, I'm only logging in once a week to buy the new Spotlight car and see what the car pass car looks like.

I just hopped on, excited to play the MX5 Cup Class online, saw that it was Max 500, realised I needed to grind to level the car up to get the right parts, so I just shut the game off.

Lost all enthusiasm unless they change the upgrading system, and hoping for QOL fixes, as it's a backwards step compared to Horizon games.

Last edited:
I'm on series x and there are still a number of bugs that need fixing.

The main ones from the top of my head are the driver level that constantly resets forcing you to restart the game to get it to sync again.

Your tuning set ups taking forever to load. Considering the car levelling takes hours as it is, this is pretty annoying if you want to swap tunes on a car

The estimated fuel required saying 0 laps, i think they said was fixed in the last update, still occurs in free play and career, just not as often

When tuning, for whatever reason you sometines have to apply the set up twice. This started since the last update and while not a massive issue is still annoying

There's probably more but for me, and probably most other people, the main issues i have are with the games design

The ridiculous car levelling system will be the end of this game before long. Whoever thought making it car specific was a good idea has clearly never played the game. I'd love to see my current hours in game and where most of my time has been spent, i'll guarantee most of it was in test drive or freeplay with the computer doing the majority of the driving.

Just look at the leaderboards, there's a reason most of them are filled with the same cars from e class right up to a class. No one can be bothered levelling cars for hours on end so just slap a new build on the same car. Nothing quite like spending most of your day levelling a car to 50, and you really do need to level it that high if you want to test it properly, then tuning it only to find out it's not competative. Why bother when you can take a car that is already competative and rebuild it for a higher/lower class.

And don't get me started on test drive aswell, why the hell they changed it in the last update so that on the higher dificulties tire wear and fuel load are now simulated is beyond me, it was fine the way it was. Now i either have to exit to event menu and adjust the fuel load or constantly change the difficulty so it's not simulated.

End of rant

Last edited:
I just hopped on, excited to play the MX5 Cup Class online, saw that it was Max 500, realised I needed to grind to level the car up to get the right parts, so I just shut the game off.

Lost all enthusiasm unless they change the upgrading system, and hoping for QOL fixes, as it's a backwards step compared to Horizon games.

You do you, but you don't need to be 500Pi to be competitive, I'm S 4600 and entered a race with the Mazda stock and no qualifying and was in P2 before it started pouring down with rain just before pit entry and only 3 laps to go. I decided not to pit then and ended up +16 on the delta the next lap which ruined my race, but all the same was competitive in the dry up until that point in stock form

Yeah I dunno why they didn't make the MX5 Cup the "Spec" class, it would have been much better that way given that it is literally a spec racing car... but then I'm not sure T10 actually know what spec racing is.

I'm still enjoying the racing in the game when running with leagues and occasionally have a fun public multiplayer race, but fighting with the game between missing QoL features that previous games had, weird design decisions, having to grind up levels on cars, the wonky unrealistic tuning, still crappy paint shop changes, having to slog through boring single player content with horrible AI to get new cars, all is adding up to make the game a less fun overall experience than it should be.

We have seen our league numbers fall off too as people get frustrated with the game, which isn't promising as these are people who are pretty dedicated and played FM7 all the way up to the release of FM8 and not some "fairweather" casual players or something.

Last edited:
Back