Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
What makes the progression system broken is you get scored on track segments alone. They seem to be just timed segments like GT license tests. Now if I want to level my cars in the builders cups I can't nail those segments with AI driving like idiots around me. What that means is to level faster, you lower the difficulty to have an open track for at least a few laps.

There needs to be a rework of the progression system, something like Grid Legends system would even be an improvement in that regard.

My first time playing since the update and I really can't tell anything different on PC. It still looks the same and performs the same as it did pre update.

The changes I want to see hopefully will be in the next update. Primarily addressing the AI behavior.

Also I still don't understand why I can barely hear the engine in my car but the AI cars are so much louder.

Two things affect how loud the cars are inside I find, weight reduction which correctly lets in more sound, and camshaft which can drastically change the engine note. Sadly exhaust does nothing much at all, or intake upgrades for that matter.

Last edited:
Two things affect how loud the cars are inside I find, weight reduction which correctly lets in more sound, and camshaft which can drastically change the engine note. Sadly exhaust does nothing much at all, or intake upgrades for that matter.
Imagine where we would be if PGG and T10 worked together when it came to stuff like this, photomode, community features, etc...

Its funny I discovered the weight reduction letting in more sound just yesterday when I took some weight off the Aston. I asked myself why does it sound more raw and loud all of a sudden, then it made sense. Thats a good touch by T10 honestly never noticed that in the previous games.

Car sounds in general could be louder especially at idle and low throttle. And some cars sound inaccurate or have mixed files. This is an issue that has plagued the last few FM games which is weird and its not all the cars but plenty of them which should not be the case with a game like forza horizon 5 as the sister franchise that has excellent engine/exhaust notes amongst about 90 percent of the cars in that game.
Another thing to note, listen to The Crew Motorfest cars and GT7 then listen to the same cars is FM. Theres a huge difference and its not in forzas favor. Times have changed...

Last edited:
Car sounds in general could be louder especially at idle and low throttle. And some cars sound inaccurate or have mixed files. This is an issue that has plagued the last few FM games which is weird and its not all the cars but plenty of them which should not be the case with a game like forza horizon 5 as the sister franchise that has excellent engine/exhaust notes amongst about 90 percent of the cars in that game.
Another thing to note, listen to The Crew Motorfest cars and GT7 then listen to the same cars is FM. Theres a huge difference and its not in forzas favor. Times have changed...

Could not agree more

My first time playing since the update and I really can't tell anything different on PC. It still looks the same and performs the same as it did pre update.

There wasn't any performance updates this time around, it's all about stability than anything else.

Free Race Day car pack if you buy one of those Western Digital Expansion cards.

SmartSelect_20231119_090825_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Is it necessary to get a podium finish in each championship in order to win the prize car at the end or can you simply complete the series?
I dont think so,the first builders cup you do I managed to complete without a podium so i would imagine you wouldnt need to.If I remember chris esaki saying in one of the blogs or videos you could finish anywhere.

There wasn't any performance updates this time around, it's all about stability than anything else.
I understand that but some had talked about reduced performance or some things looked a little different after the update. I haven't noticed any of that.

Regarding the Open series, in C class I first tried with a new car the BMW M3 the '97 one I think. I think it's PI is 488. And in the first two races it just got killed by the Ferrari Dinos that were on race tires but had PI indexes of 470. So in theory the BMW should be able to hold it's own or be slightly better than the Dinos. Granted the first two races were on very short twisty tracks which might have played into the smaller cars favor but I was also getting killed by Espadas and some other older type of car.

So I got mad and just restarted the entire series but this time I figured I would go with something I already owned that was a little more tuned so I used the Miata that was at 488 also but still on stock tires. I got it to 500 and it did better than the BMW but I still never won a race and finished 2nd overall only because the previous 2nd place Dino got taken out by another AI car in the final race.

But my question is how has everyone else approached the Open series? Use a car that is already towards the top of the class, or take a car at the bottom and try and build it up? Because to me it seems if you use a car at the top of the class you can't do much more to it and the AI is using almost fully race prepped lower end cars. But if you use a lower end car you're still running against those same fully race prepped AI cars and you're losing so much ground in the first few races because you don't have enough credits to make major changes like race tires. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I do exactly what I do in MP, find a car I want to race, either something in the class or a class below, if a class below I'll do some rivals to get it into the right class.
Then I'll just enter the series, leave grid place at default then just enjoy whatever challenge each individual race provides, sometimes I get smoked, others I can't quite keep up by a little, other times I slowly grind out positions.

I don't really care about getting that little gold next to the events, so my mindset has just shifted to enjoy the moments, and not get bothered by losing or crashing, have turned up damage and rewinds so within reason, sometimes have to restart if I ruin my car and can't continue. I find this is allowing me to enjoy the game a lot more than previous entries, and is similar to my mindset in other Sims or in multiplayer when there is usually folks faster than I

With the first open series I was leveling up old muscle cars to get those affinity discounts. The Italian series is interesting to me because cars like the Dino and Countach show up in higher classes, similar to my strategy.

I took on the Germans with American Cars, now I want to take on the Italians with German cars, specifically Porsche to get some affinity of course.

Question for the open class races in the builders cup.Can i use the same car in all classes,by upgrading to the next class up,or do I have to pick a dedicated car in its class?
I want to use a C class car but keep upgrading it to the next class.

Am I the only one who thinks the PI system needs a rework? Having it cut off at X999 is silly because it doesn't properly gauge the performance of cars like the Ferrari 641, McLaren MP4/4 and Porsche 919. Moreover, there are faster cars that exist so the PI cutoff would be a hindrance if Forza put in some newer F1 cars.

Am I the only one who thinks the PI system needs a rework? Having it cut off at X999 is silly because it doesn't properly gauge the performance of cars like the Ferrari 641, McLaren MP4/4 and Porsche 919. Moreover, there are faster cars that exist so the PI cutoff would be a hindrance if Forza put in some newer F1 cars.
I feel like the PI system needs to go way beyond 1,000 as that's actually a thing in GT7, with some cars being able to reach over 1,000 pee pee, such as for example, the Jaguar VGT SV and SRT Tomahawk X.

Last edited:
Am I getting confused?
Going into free play circuit racing, the fuel setting seems to be working properly now.

Why am I thinking there was an issue where regardless of % it would only show 'Fuel 0 laps' in the telemetry estimates.

Well, if I'm not crazy, "it's working now guys!"
If I am crazy, "it's still working guys!"

Am I getting confused?
Going into free play circuit racing, the fuel setting seems to be working properly now.

Why am I thinking there was an issue where regardless of % it would only show 'Fuel 0 laps' in the telemetry estimates.

Well, if I'm not crazy, "it's working now guys!"
If I am crazy, "it's still working guys!"
It's still broken, just sometimes it isn't completely broken.

I get it 4 ways:
  1. It works fine, and occasionally adjusts to be more precise a lap or two in
  2. It doesn't even say "0 laps" it just says "EST" and then is blank, both in the "Fuel & Tires" menu and in the HUD while driving
  3. It says "0 laps" in both menu and HUD
  4. I start the race and it says something wild like 800 laps on lap 1, lap 2 it goes down 550 laps or something, lap 3 down to 500, lap 4 down to 430 laps, and so on until it eventually levels off and is correct
I get all 4 in both Free Play and private multiplayer, but weirdly in Featured Multiplayer it almost always works fine for me, I think I've had the "0 laps" one maybe twice there.

Ok, so tonight my driver level is 2. Yesterday it was approaching 70. Is this happening to others?

My garage is intact and my career races are where I left off, but I'm just a 2. Weird.

I saw footage of the GMA T.50 in action and that's also completely wrong, as it depicts the driver using the headlight and horn switches as paddle shifters.

T10 need to sort their quality control out. But also, how can you be a car enthusiast and not know the T50 is manual only? PD would not make this mistake

Ok, so tonight my driver level is 2. Yesterday it was approaching 70. Is this happening to others?

My garage is intact and my career races are where I left off, but I'm just a 2. Weird.
This has happened to me a few times and it always corrects itself after a little bit, I wouldn't worry about it.

The same thing happened to me, I was about level 82 and now back to 2. I thought it would fix itself but it is still 2 today when I logged in.

EDIT: It fixed itself after doing 1 race

Last edited:
Back