Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Interesting... disabling DLSS altogether while setting up resolution scale to 100% fixed my performance issues and the game is now on the similar level of performance as it was pre-patch.

Is this DLSS implementation in FM working at all? :rolleyes:
I finally got this sorted out.

I ran the benchmark on 1440p resolution and Quality DLSS mode. I set everything to high except for mirrors (low) and cubemap reflections (medium). I turned off RT and got 60FPS without V-Sync. There was no stutter count listed (0.0) or GPU limitation (0.0). I’m very happy with the result.

The only issue I have is that the Drivatar liveries look very low quality and they still appear even when I disable them as mentioned before several times already...

I started to do the open class c event, 4 laps on 'club' layouts? What am I meant to do with those, "challenge the grid" ? Make it make sense T10.

Last edited:
What about the people who put away this game for a couple months, then decide to pick it up again?
I've come to the conclusion that the trend is to try to acquire a smaller number of players that will play a game a huge amount, and not care so much about the masses who would only play it a little bit anyway.

Not just FM, I feel the same way about the new AoE 4 DLC. As someone who doesn't want to dedicate my entire life to that game, it's just all too much with that DLC added, it feels like a PhD research project to become fully familiar with everything in the game now. But the player count of the game is stable, and increased when the DLC arrived, so it's working in terms of keeping that hardcore of players who are willing to presumably play pretty much only that one game. I feel like FM with the car level system is going for the same approach, it makes the game only enjoyable for those willing to dedicate a huge amount of time to it, and unplayable for those who just want to play it casually every now and then.

I mention AoE 4 because it was one of the games shown on the Xbox anniversary Porsche 918, along with Forza:

xboxanniversaryporsche.jpg

This week, the AoE 4 DLC and update arrived at the exact same time as the FM update. They have been giving content creators early access in the same way as each other. I don't believe these similarities are coincidental.

Last edited:
Is it just me or have they completely messed up test drive mode with this latest update?

Pretty sure that before the update tire wear, fuel and damage were off. Now if you have them on in single player or freeplay then they are on in test drive aswell.

And yes, i know you can turn them off by adjusting the difficulty but guess what, when you do that you can't change the fuel load so end up hot lapping with a full tank of fuel.

Someone else please test this to make sure i'm not going mad but i'm pretty sure when you turn off fuel consumption it results in a full tank of fuel in test drive mode no matter what you choose. I can't get near my rivals times in test drive anymore, about a second or so off the pace.

Last edited:
Is it just me or have they completely messed up test drive mode with this latest update?

Pretty sure that before the update tire wear, fuel and damage were off. Now if you have them on in single player or freeplay then they are on in test drive aswell.

And yes, i know you can turn them off by adjusting the difficulty but guess what, when you do that you can't change the fuel load so end up hot lapping with a full tank of fuel.

Someone else please test this to make sure i'm not going mad but i'm pretty sure when you turn off fuel consumption it results in a full tank of fuel in test drive mode no matter what you choose. I can't get near my rivals times in test drive anymore, about a second or so off the pace.
I'm pretty sure in Rivals you can still adjust fuel load, I'd assume it's the same in Test Drive?

Yeah but what i'm saying is in test drive, prior to the update, tire wear, fuel consumption, damage, penalties etc were all off, even if you had them turned on in single player.

Now they're turned on in test drive if you have them on in single player so you either have to mess about managing the fuel load (and tires) and pit every 3 or 4 laps, or lower the difficulty so that fuel load and tire wear are turned off. Problem there though is from what i can tell, even if you set the fuel load at 5% you still have a full tank of fuel.

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion that the trend is to try to acquire a smaller number of players that will play a game a huge amount, and not care so much about the masses who would only play it a little bit anyway.

Not just FM, I feel the same way about the new AoE 4 DLC. As someone who doesn't want to dedicate my entire life to that game, it's just all too much with that DLC added, it feels like a PhD research project to become fully familiar with everything in the game now. But the player count of the game is stable, and increased when the DLC arrived, so it's working in terms of keeping that hardcore of players who are willing to presumably play pretty much only that one game. I feel like FM with the car level system is going for the same approach, it makes the game only enjoyable for those willing to dedicate a huge amount of time to it, and unplayable for those who just want to play it casually every now and then.

I mention AoE 4 because it was one of the games shown on the Xbox anniversary Porsche 918, along with Forza:

View attachment 1303962

This week, the AoE 4 DLC and update arrived at the exact same time as the FM update. They have been giving content creators early access in the same way as each other. I don't believe these similarities are coincidental.
Your theory makes sense because Forza and Age of Empires are both first-party franchises for Microsoft and Microsoft obviously wants to promote its Xbox/Game Pass exclusives to sell Game Pass subscriptions and hope that the names will get people to buy a Series X or S for Game Pass over, say, a PS5 or Switch with a higher barrier of entry for their games.

MS’s strategy also depends on people retaining their subscriptions month after month, so they have incentive to provide monthly content drops, hence what we’ve seen with Motorsport, FH5, AoE4 as you say, etc. in the hopes that there’s enough reason for people to keep playing and staying on Game Pass.

An update for those who haven't had a chance yet:

• The new V12 Vantage Spotlight Car is in the store, under the featured section with price reduction as expected.
  • The old Open Tour has gone, so the R8 2020 is no longer available to win. However the old Featured Tour still remains so you can still win the Acura prototype. I.e. only 1 single car has left us after a month.

Last edited:
It looks like it, however now the RS3 and the Lynk look to be the "meta" cars.
They were the next best options after the Golf, so it makes sense.
Plus they could be beaten by the hyundai and the civic, depending on tracks

TCR is the closest balanced i think.

Now i cant choose fuel and tyres. After the training time ends, when choosing the tire and fuel, the game enters the loading screen and only returns with a few seconds left to start the race.

Some people do have the Lotus dlc car since theres a few videos on youtube of it. Maybe its another selective glitch on T10s end.

Some people do have the Lotus dlc car since theres a few videos on youtube of it. Maybe its another selective glitch on T10s end.
I think the issue is that, the car, for the first time, should be claimable for free when it becomes available, but instead it is available in the autoshow for its regular credit price (like it should be for the second purchase of the car). So, the car is available, just not for free the first time.

It was a joke. I know it's serious business in here so I'll keep that to a minimum from here on out.
Sorry,maybe I jumped the gun there.Ive spent an hour on the forza.net forum and that is a real cesspool,its not far off reddit.lol.
I know the game has its issues but I do enjoy it,im not defending T10 at all but im hopeful they will turn it around.Theres a thread over on forza.net titled`am i the only one who thinks forza is brilliant`.That went down like a lead balloon,people jumping on the op because he likes the game,it was pretty sad reading,the whole forum over there is pretty nasty at times,I`d hate to see it get like that over here just because of a game,generally we can have decent,sometimes a little heated,discussions without too much vitriol. 👍

Sorry,maybe I jumped the gun there.Ive spent an hour on the forza.net forum and that is a real cesspool,its not far off reddit.lol.
I know the game has its issues but I do enjoy it,im not defending T10 at all but im hopeful they will turn it around.Theres a thread over on forza.net titled`am i the only one who thinks forza is brilliant`.That went down like a lead balloon,people jumping on the op because he likes the game,it was pretty sad reading,the whole forum over there is pretty nasty at times,I`d hate to see it get like that over here just because of a game,generally we can have decent,sometimes a little heated,discussions without too much vitriol. 👍
I understand. Sim racing is very toxic. I don't get it as well. We only have like 6-7 real sims and people are bashing the heck out of over half of them because it's not what they use. I for one love AMS2 and it was rough watching everyone call it garbage because it used the same engine as PC2.
(spoiler: it's a lot better than PC2.)

I guess I can wait for them to try and do something with FM. But it's hard to wait. And it was put out so rough that a lot of dreams fell off the cliff. Here's to hope though. 🍻

Yet you poo emoji anything positive about GT7… odd that…
The heck I do. I call things good when they're good and bad when they're bad. The latest spec II update was a step in the right direction. And I've said that. They fixed a few things that made me happy. Does it fix the whole game? Not a chance.
And I've came in this very topic and thread for Forza Motorsport and called it out for every single problem it's had. I blasted it and will continue to until Turn 10 get's their **** together.
It's when people blindly call things great or the best when there's blaring problems that get those reactions.

Back