Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
are you cpu bottlenecked by any chance?
I wouldn't say so, DLSS works great in other games (FH5 for example) and it's a pre-made PC with 11th gen i7.

Also, it was OK pre-patch. I remember them saying before early access that DLSS might not be giving expected performance boost but now it seems that it is even performance degrading - at least for me.

Last edited:
Anyone had any better luck with safety match making? I just had a race in S class mugello in which the whole field got through T1 nice and slow and unscathed, heard a few "sorrys" on comms, and overall the race seemed very clean

So in general do the featured multiplayer events seem to have noticeably less connectivity issues now? This is my main concern for the game right now.

Having drivatar liveries in Free Play is nice, however 2 things:
  1. They take a while to load. Usually they are on the cars by the second corner of the race, rather than on the grid.
  2. Is it just me or has the "Car Livery Quality: Ultra" setting regressed? My own livery looks crisp and high res, but liveries from drivatars look far too low res all of a sudden. I am suspecting that Free Play drivatar liveries are bugged still, because drivatar liveries in Builders Cup pre-patch were looking pretty good (especially in the podium shot at the end of the race).

So yeah, one step forwards, half a step back again?

Edit: Yas Marina full course layout is MUCH better than in FM7. It has lost one chicane and the revised corner at the back is now a lot better to drive and a great place to overtake. It's a good racing track now. And it looks visually stunning, especially at night.

Last edited:
  1. They take a while to load. Usually they are on the cars by the second corner of the race, rather than on the grid.
  2. Is it just me or has the "Car Livery Quality: Ultra" setting regressed? My own livery looks crisp and high res, but liveries from drivatars look far too low res all of a sudden. I am suspecting that Free Play drivatar liveries are bugged still, because drivatar liveries in Builders Cup pre-patch were looking pretty good (especially in the podium shot at the end of the race).

Edit: Yas Marina full course layout is MUCH better than in FM7. It has lost one chicane and the revised corner at the back is now a lot better to drive and a great place to overtake. It's a good racing track now. And it looks visually stunning, especially at night.
The `car livery setting`you mention.Where do I find this setting,im on xsx,is this a pc setting only?

Track is great and I'm happy to see the update in general but a little odd that we have to wait until tomorrow to access the new events. Was hoping to get started on those and sadly I'm out of town for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. 😂

The new track looks fantastic and plays better than any Forza before. Also they have improved the RT reflections on pc and the white edges on screenshots are also fixed now :cheers:.

Forza-Motorsport-14-11-2023-22-21-17.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-14-11-2023-22-52-55.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-14-11-2023-20-52-38.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-14-11-2023-21-08-26.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-14-11-2023-20-58-03.jpg

So the graphics have been DRASTICALLY downgrade in performance RT mode on the series X. It's a blurry mess! It literally looks like 720p at times WTF!

Edit: Yup it's definitely massively downgraded! Running at a much lower resolution. Turn 10 strikes again 🤦🤦🤦
Can you please post an example? (Track, time of day, weather?)

Can you please post an example? (Track, time of day, weather?)
I can try take some screenshots later if you like.

During the day it looks a lot worse. Clear weather. Yas Marina track. I don't remember the game looking this soft Also Laguna Seca has had a massive downgrade in textures. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Its weird how some people are having worse issues, mainly graphically and others its way better. For me I have noticed better textures upon race start. Before the update during the pre-countdown cars would look very low resolution and colors looked flat until the race started then boom graphics changed. Now its no longer like that races look beautiful and smooth the whole way. AI still hasnt been tweaked either which sucks but oh well. Overall I cant spot nowhere near "200 fixes" maybe about a dozen not including online play but I figured they would still not fix some glaring issues, maybe December...

You can drive the Mazda MX-5 Cup if you select a free race with the Porsche Mission R and then change the event settings class to the Forza Specials. It then automatically puts you in the car. That's the only way I've found to make it work so far. I tried to switch to Forza Specials from a different class and it froze up or tells you no car is available. The AI don't have a front bumper though. :lol:
20231114233000_1.jpg
20231114232940_1.jpg
20231114234207_1.jpg

Last edited:

I'm also noting that the drivatars' cars are now much more varied. Shall we make an "Update 2.0 Undocumented Changes" thread?

Plus, I wonder why the 308 TCR and Golf GTI TCR have incomplete liveries.

Screenshot (298).png

Screenshot (299).png

And upon looking at the credits, I found this:

Screenshot (269).png

Chevron Heritage Limited makes classic prototype and racing sports cars, as well as open wheel racing cars (mostly in the lower-spec Formula classes like Formula 5000, Formula Atlantic and Formula 3.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has the "Car Livery Quality: Ultra" setting regressed? My own livery looks crisp and high res, but liveries from drivatars look far too low res all of a sudden. I am suspecting that Free Play drivatar liveries are bugged still, because drivatar liveries in Builders Cup pre-patch were looking pretty good (especially in the podium shot at the end of the race).

Not only that, a major concern other than "come and go"/"time-limited" mechanics with certain cars would be that the default liveries on certain race cars are incomplete, where they have a lot of decals removed, or the entire livery itself. New cars introduced in this update, such as the Peugeot 308 GTI TCR, McLaren 720S GT3 and MG MG6 XPower TCR are really having incomplete liveries.
To me, it just feels pretty much the same as in previous games, but just a little prettier now, based on the visuals.

Another complaint I also have would be that you need to wait for spotlight cars to become available even when the new update is installed.

Last edited:
They fixed the double wing on the mkIV Supra when you equip the body kit. I forgot to check if you can adjust the rear downforce with the body kit’s wing but I would hope so because having 2 wings was too hideous for any performance increase it might add.

A lot of New events for the Career!!! NICE!
When I compare it with GT7 where you get at most 6 New events,
FM blows away GT7...
4 new series weekly from tomorrow. Agree this is nice.

However, you forgot to add that 4 series are being REMOVED as well. The total number of events will be the same. Someone who buys the game tomorrow will have no increase in events from someone who bought it pre launch. This is NOT nice.

Also, those new career events tomorrow, they are removed in 6 weeks and replaced. This is NOT nice.

There are only 3 permanent tours. This is NOT nice.

I will enjoy the new career events and racing the new track.

Noticed when I did an in career tuning upgrade last night it did not crash... But there was a veeery long wait for it to upgrade when I thought it was about to crash. 20-30 seconds to save an upgrade was concerning.

So the graphics have been DRASTICALLY downgrade in performance RT mode on the series X. It's a blurry mess! It literally looks like 720p at times WTF!

Edit: Yup it's definitely massively downgraded! Running at a much lower resolution. Turn 10 strikes again 🤦🤦🤦
I see im not the only one that noticed this recently. it has looked less resolution blurry choppy fps and the lighting and colors are glaring and painful sore to look at and it has produced many many pop in shadows. it didnt look this bad when i first played it; i saw something similar to this before in gtaV where they secretly downgraded the graphics

Last edited:
I see im not the only one that noticed this recently. it has looked less resolution blurry choppy fps and the lighting and colors are glaring and painful sore to look at and it has produced many many pop in shadows. it didnt look this bad when i first played it; i saw something similar to this before in gtaV where they secretly downgraded the graphics

I don't use this mode, will check it out later, but did they drop resolution to increase RT reflections in any way? or is just a straight downgrade? I Also remember RDR2 doing exactly the same thing in one of the first updates

Its weird how some people are having worse issues, mainly graphically and others its way better. For me I have noticed better textures upon race start. Before the update during the pre-countdown cars would look very low resolution and colors looked flat until the race started then boom graphics changed. Now its no longer like that races look beautiful and smooth the whole way. AI still hasnt been tweaked either which sucks but oh well. Overall I cant spot nowhere near "200 fixes" maybe about a dozen not including online play but I figured they would still not fix some glaring issues, maybe December...
I'm playing on xsx everything seems to run OK,graphics look a little sharper but that may just be my eyes.lol I haven't looked at the livery editor yet.

I'm also noting that the drivatars' cars are now much more varied. Shall we make an "Update 2.0 Undocumented Changes" thread?

View attachment 1303718

View attachment 1303719

View attachment 1303723

Chevron Heritage Limited makes classic prototype and racing sports cars, as well as open wheel racing cars (mostly in the lower-spec Formula classes like Formula 5000, Formula Atlantic and Formula 3.
Having a Chevron or two or three would be nice. We will need some more cars to go up against the Lotus Type 40, Lolas, the chapperal and old Mclarens we have in game already.

View attachment 1303718

View attachment 1303719

View attachment 1303723

Chevron Heritage Limited

Attachments

• NOVOS FABRICANTES - Chevron Heritage Limited1.png
    NOVOS FABRICANTES - Chevron Heritage Limited1.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 13
  • NOVOS FABRICANTES - Chevron Heritage Limited12.png
    NOVOS FABRICANTES - Chevron Heritage Limited12.png
    927.1 KB · Views: 13

As usual, the most likely answer is: licensing. But it's an answer that only brings up another question: why don't they use presentation liveries instead of featuring defaced versions of actual teams' racing schemes?

Hm. It's hard to imagine where would any of Chevron's offerings actually fit in the current Forza division structure. Perhaps the B6/B8 could be a good Vintage Le Mans Sportscar, and anything from the B19 lineage could be shoehorned into the Prototype Group Racing class, but it would be facing V8-powered Can Am monsters with a 1600cc Cosworth BDA - talk about bringing a pea shooter to a naval gun battle!

But of course, any and all vintage racecar is more than welcome!

Last edited:
While I like the addition of cars and a new track, this update has actually made the game worse for me.

I like free play races in which I can just set up my own GT or Prototype race, and now I suddenly find myself in a field with lots of cars that have been upgraded whereas I prefer them stock. Also as a way to exclude certain cars by filtering them out (PI, horsepower, and weight). Unlike in Forza Motorsport 7, there is no option to turn 'tuning' off. Before Update 2, this was not an issue for me.

In addition, even when switching off drivatar liveries, they still appear. And I prefer the standard liveries as they are closer to reality and in a higher detail.

I really hope this game gets polished over the course of the coming months, because in its current form it's just not there..

As a Forza Motorsport player since FM2, this pains me

Last edited:
While I like the addition of cars and a new track, this update has actually made the game worse for me.

I like free play races in which I can just set up my own GT or Prototype race, and now I suddenly find myself in a field with lots of cars that have been upgraded whereas I prefer them stock. Also as a way to exclude certain cars by filtering them out (PI, horsepower, and weight). Unlike in Forza Motorsport 7, there is no option to turn 'tuning' off. Before Update 2, this was not an issue for me.

In addition, even when switching off drivatar liveries, they still appear. And I prefer the standard liveries as they are closer to reality and in a higher detail.

I really hope this game gets polished over the course of the coming months, because in its current form it's just not there..

As a Forza Motorsport player since FM2, this pains me
This is still #1 on their known issues list under general gameplay. I didn't find anything related to it on their fixed list released yesterday.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back