Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
So, the Porsche #91 RSR drops right to S800 with the first ballast and it's really good there. You can add the driveline to drop a couple pounds once you unlock it but it doesn't really help.

It gets blown out by the end of long straights but it's light and grippy so it accelerates well and you can outbreak basically anything.

I was winning with it all night in the Open S Class hopper tonight. I have the setup shared for Level 0 with no driveline and the one with the driveline, if anyone wants to give it a go!

So you can change your setup mid-lap in practice and test drive. That particular lap is (correctly) invalidated.
However, during Rivals lapping it doesn't seem to let you, or am I missing something?

Quite odd because I still get the pop-up at the top of the screen about the lap being invalidated if you change the tune..

So you can change your setup mid-lap in practice and test drive. That particular lap is (correctly) invalidated.
However, during Rivals lapping it doesn't seem to let you, or am I missing something?

Quite odd because I still get the pop-up at the top of the screen about the lap being invalidated if you change the tune..

Yeah I've noticed this too, you can't even tune while going to pits, you have to "finish race" and then select next rival to get the tuning menu back.

So, the Porsche #91 RSR drops right to S800 with the first ballast and it's really good there. You can add the driveline to drop a couple pounds once you unlock it but it doesn't really help.

I found the same with the Acura RSX GT3. You can either get away the first ballast, or with a second ballast upgrade and then increase tyre width front and rear as well.

I drove the Huayra BC last night and it's easily one of the best cars in the game. More than enough power, excellent traction and a biblical sound. Makes me remember why I prefer it over a Bugatti or a Koenigsegg. As for the rest of the game, it's completely stuffed and failing to save my data in career mode, which means that I cannot complete the remainder of the tours. How the hell can such a simple thing be bugged? GT7 may not have all the stuff I want but at least it works properly.

I drove the Huayra BC last night and it's easily one of the best cars in the game. More than enough power, excellent traction and a biblical sound. Makes me remember why I prefer it over a Bugatti or a Koenigsegg. As for the rest of the game, it's completely stuffed and failing to save my data in career mode, which means that I cannot complete the remainder of the tours. How the hell can such a simple thing be bugged? GT7 may not have all the stuff I want but at least it works properly.
Well buddy I dont know if you heard but theres a huge update coming out tomorrow for the game and of the things they supposedly fixed was the game save issues. So let's see what happens.

I hope the game save issue will be fixed, I haven't touch for almost a month now. It seems to stop saving after its first patch when it launched, the game was fine and was saving my progress during the early access week.

Anyone else feels that Forza Vista is complete garbage in FM-not-8? It’s AGAIN a step down from previous iterations, this time the in-car features and camera movement are cut down dramatically.

Sigh 😔
I think the same, plus standard cars (copy paste from old Forza) where you can't open the hood and see the engine bay, yeah, once again "built from the ground up"
Marketing rules the world

I think the same, plus standard cars (copy paste from old Forza) where you can't open the hood and see the engine bay, yeah, once again "built from the ground up"
Marketing rules the world
I've never seen "built from the ground up" as meaning they aren't pulling old elements into the new architecture. It does look to me to have been built from the ground up, the lack of features such as the auction house, drift mode, drag racing, are exactly what we'd expect when they've started afresh with a new architecture and are gradually working on rebuilding what existed in the old architecture. At the same time, some elements that are present, such as rivals, have a greatly improved workflow compared to before, again this is consistent with them revisiting the design as they rebuild each feature into the new architecture. I don't see copying of car models as being particularly connected with this process. It's like when someone designs a new building with an individual appearance, they don't necessarily custom design everything inside it as well, it may use many standard fixtures and fittings within that individual design, and people wouldn't mock the idea that the building was built from the ground up just because it uses off the shelf sinks and toilets, for example.

Anyone else feels that Forza Vista is complete garbage in FM-not-8? It’s AGAIN a step down from previous iterations, this time the in-car features and camera movement are cut down dramatically.

Sigh 😔
It's a bit odd seeing the transition of getting into the car is now a fade-in instead of actually getting in like you would in real life.

I've never seen "built from the ground up" as meaning they aren't pulling old elements into the new architecture. It does look to me to have been built from the ground up, the lack of features such as the auction house, drift mode, drag racing, are exactly what we'd expect when they've started afresh with a new architecture and are gradually working on rebuilding what existed in the old architecture. At the same time, some elements that are present, such as rivals, have a greatly improved workflow compared to before, again this is consistent with them revisiting the design as they rebuild each feature into the new architecture. I don't see copying of car models as being particularly connected with this process. It's like when someone designs a new building with an individual appearance, they don't necessarily custom design everything inside it as well, it may use many standard fixtures and fittings within that individual design, and people wouldn't mock the idea that the building was built from the ground up just because it uses off the shelf sinks and toilets, for example.
I get your point, but I disagree, yes there is improvement but after 6 years of development some stuff are missing or aren't as polish as they are supposed to be
There is nothing wrong with taking olds models and rework them, but in this case they doesn't rework them properly and some models have the same old proportion model than the first FM, so, yeah I'm pissed

Lost progress two days in a row due to unforeseen reasons, yesterday due to the reported bug in which you try an upgrade to a car, game gets stuck, you restart it, and boom, last races are gone. Today I finished C Class on the Open Tour to get the 2020 Audi R8 before it's probably gone for good, at least for some time, and when I try to enter the first race on B Class, game wouldn't let me since it couldn't download race details (?) from the server...alright, went to the main menu, try again, nothing.

Then, I exit the game in the proper way, from the main menu, without any further problems besides not being able to enter B Class. I open the game and...lost 3 out of 4 races from C Class.

Game's a joke. I already decided not do any liveries in this game, but today's patch will determine if I abandon this game for good after just one month, I cannot handle this mess anymore, this game feels like walking over a volcano on a 100 year old wooden bridge, might collapse now, maybe a bit later...I never expected too much from this game, but wow.

What are the chances version 2 update arriving soon will bring this up to GT7 levels?
Its possible but I also expect some things still wont be fixed despite them claiming they have made "200 fixes". If they tackled at least the lost progress issue, the game freezing and or booting out of certain menus, tweaked the AI to be more consistent and aware while being less agressive, fixed some trackside and car graphical glitches and touched on a couple of freeplay bugs then thats about 80 percent of the issues right there honestly. Everything else can just get touched on over time, I just hope no new bugs arise with this update and once something is fixed its never an issue again.

Last edited:
What are the chances version 2 update arriving soon will bring this up to GT7 levels?

In my opinion, the content and MP rotation that we have now gives me far more reason to log laps than GT7 does, I love the variety of the multiplayer lobbies, and as long as the crashing issues, replay save bugs etc are fixed I'll likely have little reason to go and play GT7. I've currently got my PS in the bedroom so I can race a few laps when in bed, but to be honest I've been spending more time lately using cloud streaming with my GameSir and phone anyway, which will probably continue (it's a great way to level up car's while watching something with your spouse)

Gotta say despite the issues (I am fortunate not to have any lost progress) I am enjoying this game a lot. If there is an update today to iron out some of the glaring issues and they continue to support the game then I will be thrilled.

In related news, I am a big fan of Forza Vista (despite it's step backwards in this game), I love looking at all the car details. But it's almost shocking how easy it is to find issues seemingly with any car I look at. Many minor things but questionable stuff nonetheless.

Some of the things I noticed last night:

Some cars have parts that remain blue no matter the color
bcecb983-a2b8-493c-82f3-488cc681677c.png

87f2155d-8e21-4824-ad59-ddd772a92997.png

The Evo VI has what I assume is the Ford Focus/Fiesta ST badge on the center cap when it's meant to be O.Z.
24ebb863-5588-40cd-b3a7-4378e0df5ca5.png

F40 seats seems to be a little far forward
6879a6f7-90bc-4c07-a9d4-0ea41ddfa9b7.png

This one might not be a bug but rather an intentional thing, but why does the 360 CS have grey seats/ trim/ wheel after being red in each game before?
96959895-9388-417a-b4e2-50b0a56186fa.png

Last edited:
Editor’s Note (11/13/2023): To prevent a progression bug, Yas Marina will not be added to existing Builders Cup Series in Update 2. However, you can still enjoy the track in the Open Class and Prestige tours during Update 2, as well as Featured Multiplayer. The team is investigating the bug and look forward to adding Yas Marina to additional series in a future update.

That's exactly what you'd expect when they start afresh and develop a new architecture to put everything into. GT has been going through the exact same problems for the same reason.
after 6 years, no I disagree, GT sport make it clear from start and have gradually add new features, tracks and cars when they where ready

Here I feel fooled, I don't say nothing have change, the physics have change a lot and for the best, but despite a lot of content cut, the game lack too much polish, you can say the opposite, but it's a fact

Last edited:
In the end, I find FM23 such an improvement in driving (with the controller) that I will simply never go back to FM7. Despite all the limitations with the game as it is.

Sure, if I was unfortunate enough to be hit by the bug which doesn't save your progression then I would probably stop playing until fixed, but thankfully I haven't been so far. Instead it's a nice game with excellent driving experience, generally great graphics and some improvements but also issues around AI, cars and tracks.

What it isn't is the kind of game you'd play for hours and hours. It's more like one of the games in your library which gets a few hours per week, such that the lack of content isn't a problem. Thankfully I have ACC, EA WRC, FH4 and FH5 to keep me otherwise occupied when it comes to driving games, so it's really no problem.

Last edited:
after 6 years, no I disagree, GT sport make it clear from start and have gradually add new features, tracks ans cars when they where ready

Here I feel fooled, I don't says nothing have change, the physics have change a lot and for the best, but despite a lot of content cut, the game lack too much polish, you can say the opposite, but it's a fact
This is one of those times where I'm going to say, "are we playing the same game?" Aside from the selection of tracks being available at launch (I had the exact same complaint with GT7), how is the game lacking "polish"? And what is factual about your opinion on the game? The graphics look amazing (I'm on PC WS version), the wheel physics are 1000% better with better animations now and the overall feel of the game just puts it in a better place than where FM7 sits.

the game lack too much polish, you can say the opposite, but it's a fact
I agree the game is not in the state it should have been at launch, and I don't think it will be in that state any time soon. But I also think that they have started afresh and built the new game from the ground up, as they stated, while taking some old assets into that new architecture.

The game at the moment is in a very mixed state of good and bad. One review I saw on YouTube described the game as a disaster at the same time as describing the driving experience on controller as sublime. I think that's the state of the game in a nutshell.

Is the update live yet?
I'm guessing 6pm UK time, as I strongly suspect the FM update and the AoE 4 update are going to go live at the same time, and I think that is when the AoE 4 update goes live.

Last edited:
This is one of those times where I'm going to say, "are we playing the same game?" Aside from the selection of tracks being available at launch (I had the exact same complaint with GT7), how is the game lacking "polish"? And what is factual about your opinion on the game? The graphics look amazing (I'm on PC WS version), the wheel physics are 1000% better with better animations now and the overall feel of the game just puts it in a better place than where FM7 sits.
I know you are responding to someone else but I'll take a go at this because there's so much that maybe we can break it into a couple different posts. Where to begin. How is the game lacking polish.

The graphics look ok but at the extent of a game that is so unoptimized, I get better framerate on ACC which was at one time considered the most resource intensive sim out. The fact that it was released needed update after update to optimize a game that was being worked on for supposedly so long means it wasn't polished. (AMS2 still looks better than this washed out mess to me)
Sure, the wheel FFB feels pretty good, after I took over an hour setting up my wheel and figuring out what their settings did to the FFB. The fact that the default settings are so far off of a good feeling right out of the box let alone not having a base setting starting point for different wheel companies like logitech base settings, fanatec base settings, thrustmaster base settings, seems to me to be very unpolished.
The AI are bad. I'm not going to get into it because we all know that. When I have an E rated car on Indy Oval braking in a corner where the car doesn't even need to lift off the throttle one bit, with no other cars in sight, there's an issue going on. Ridiculously unpolished.
When people have an S Rating and somehow other rammers are still getting S ratings for some reason. Unpolished.
I can't even use my H-Shifter on my Sim Rig because they broke it so bad that there's some ridiculous lag. Not even to mention that cars with a shifter - should have a shifter be the setting. Cars with sequential or paddles, should have those already set. What type of nonsense is this?
Speaking of nonsense, cars with TC should have TC and those that don't, don't. Why do I have to go into settings to constantly change this?
Repeat this with ABS.
Unpolished.
Why is there a career mode that just throws you into random groups of cars instead of you "building" a lower car and using that to progress as far as you can? Why is there absolutely no race cars in the career to speak of? That seems more than unpolished, but a horrible design and decision from the get go.
I select free play, I am supposed to have cars with driveatar liveries, and yet they all have the same liveries. I'm driving on track with multiple race cars that all look the same in 2023. Not a single real sim on PC does this. It is abhorrent and unpolished.

And for one of the biggest, why does a polished game need over 200 fixes in the first place. That is an obnoxious amount for something that's polished. I'm going to take a break for now, if anyone else wants to chime in for some more, great. If not, I'll be back for the second wall of text on why Forza Motorsport 2023 is unpolished and an absolute mess on release in a bit.

Edit: Alright, I made a coffee and took a walk.
Regarding cars and physics. While this is the best feeling physics so far in FM, there are still issues. FM and the word understeer go hand in hand. What I assume to be their attempt to make you have to upgrade your car, assuming tires first, just doesn't work very well. That on top of bad default setups for a lot of cars creates a bad experience initially driving a car. Where I should be excited to drive a car and it should be a lively fun experience, I now have to wrestle a wet dish rag to get it to go around a corner. Maybe not unpolished but a bad development decision.
In the setups of the cars, I have experienced myself as well as read about others findings that settings are reversed. I know for a fact that in one car I used, can't remember which now, when going around a corner, the inside tire overheated instead of the outside load tire. These were reversed,.
In a high downforce race car, I'm drifting around corners at low, medium and high speeds.
They go ahead and change the fact that I can now get the chance to use new upgraded tires, but yet I can't because the car doesn't have the XP yet. lol. I have the tires, but can't fit them. Not only unpolished but they have no clue what they are doing with this.

Speaking of no clue of what's going on, and why this is so unpolished, from the start here, it seems like they had no clue what they were implementing. Help me out anyone if you can but what is the actual selling point of this game? What is it? That they just crapped out a new Forza Motorsport so we should just get it? The career is not even thought out, has direction and is abysmal. There is no linear progression and on top of that, There is no merit for performing well and being a "good" driver.
I can put the AI on the lowest setting, finish last in every single race and still progress through the whole career. And that's all they have?
Rivals. OK I guess. I personally prefer races but I guess that's OK.
Online isn't my favorite because you get people who just don't care. That's going to always happen but happens a lot less on the PC Sims than it does in the games.
I used an exploit that supposedly was in FM7 to use a car, change the gearing, the car then goes wild with the tires spinning and I have millions of credits. Thank you for building that from the ground up again from FM7 so I can exploit it. Wonderful.

All in all, they created an unpolished base game that they can now build on. It's not a bad basis though. Polished it is not however. It needs A LOT of work. When they said the damn thing is Built From The Ground Up, I didn't think that meant they were going to build the game right before our eyes after we already paid for it. That is bad business. That is unacceptable. And in my opinion, they have tarnished their name so bad with this one, they won't be able to come back. This thing isn't going to be in a state of "polish" for another couple years. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am, I didn't buy this mess to be disappointed, I bought it to use and have fun, not watch a company **** the bed and fix it before our eyes.

Last edited:
I know you are responding to someone else but I'll take a go at this because there's so much that maybe we can break it into a couple different posts. Where to begin. How is the game lacking polish.

The graphics look ok but at the extent of a game that is so unoptimized, I get better framerate on ACC which was at one time considered the most resource intensive sim out. The fact that it was released needed update after update to optimize a game that was being worked on for supposedly so long means it wasn't polished. (AMS2 still looks better than this washed out mess to me)
Sure, the wheel FFB feels pretty good, after I took over an hour setting up my wheel and figuring out what their settings did to the FFB. The fact that the default settings are so far off of a good feeling right out of the box let alone not having a base setting starting point for different wheel companies like logitech base settings, fanatec base settings, thrustmaster base settings, seems to me to be very unpolished.
The AI are bad. I'm not going to get into it because we all know that. When I have an E rated car on Indy Oval braking in a corner where the car doesn't even need to lift off the throttle one bit, with no other cars in sight, there's an issue going on. Ridiculously unpolished.
When people have an S Rating and somehow other rammers are still getting S ratings for some reason. Unpolished.
I can't even use my H-Shifter on my Sim Rig because they broke it so bad that there's some ridiculous lag. Not even to mention that cars with a shifter - should have a shifter be the setting. Cars with sequential or paddles, should have those already set. What type of nonsense is this?
Speaking of nonsense, cars with TC should have TC and those that don't, don't. Why do I have to go into settings to constantly change this?
Repeat this with ABS.
Unpolished.
Why is there a career mode that just throws you into random groups of cars instead of you "building" a lower car and using that to progress as far as you can? Why is there absolutely no race cars in the career to speak of? That seems more than unpolished, but a horrible design and decision from the get go.
I select free play, I am supposed to have cars with driveatar liveries, and yet they all have the same liveries. I'm driving on track with multiple race cars that all look the same in 2023. Not a single real sim on PC does this. It is abhorrent and unpolished.

And for one of the biggest, why does a polished game need over 200 fixes in the first place. That is an obnoxious amount for something that's polished. I'm going to take a break for now, if anyone else wants to chime in for some more, great. If not, I'll be back for the second wall of text on why Forza Motorsport 2023 in unpolished and an absolute mess on release in a bit.
For all the gripes i have with this game

i enjoy it

If i am annoyed enough to type several wall of texts over it, I will stop. Just like I did for FH4 and Apex.

The funny thing is that if i hadn't read that wall of text, i wouldn't even know half the issues. Just exactly what cjsrt4 was saying. Different people have different experiences.
Just like how i was stuck in act 1 in Baldur's gate 3 and couldn't progress without restarting my save, or the softlock in Cyberpunk 2077, both of which launched with significantly more that 200+ bugs mind you.

Back