Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
They made clear what cars are, they have had made the distintion between Exclusive cars and Autoshow cars and made various posts since 2 weeks before launch about who was who, even making a graphic pic showing who is who as well so people could share in a more easier way online

NOW, I think they should had better communication about it, I agree such phoros should had been posted in game or some graphics ingame could explain who was who, they need be more clear and explicative about what types of cars

I dont think there has bad intentions in not explain the type of cars, its more time for more priorities or just ingoring it non-purposly while focus in better matters for the game like bug fixing

There's a saying that when it comes to deciding whether something is cock-up or conspiracy the former is much more likely, so it's hard to imagine the designers who seem to have got so many things wrong are secretly evil geniuses on the side. I guess we'll see whether
future FOMO content is flagged well ahead of time, or if what happened with the Open tour prize is the norm going forward.

To be fair to T10, this is the first live service FM game, so we don't have "previous experience" to fall back on. Unlike FH5 where we already knew what happened in FH4. Incidentally, I wasn't around Xbox when FH4 launched - did the same confusion arise when FH4 was launched? It's the nearest equivalence I can think of.

And you're probably right, it's probably not intentional, but when you change your game mechanics so drastically, communication becomes absolutely key.

Anyway, things clearly will be better next week after the patches and once we roll over to the new series we will know more.

But there's still questions unanswered about that. They showed the cars and featured events for the next 4 weeks.
But what happens in week 5 and 6 of series 2? They've told us nothing about that i believe? Are we having 2 weeks of famine at the end of series 2 and for each series going forward? The same as series 1. Or was that a one off?

I'm sure I'm not the only who'd like to know the answer (as if there's a new series added in 4 weeks running in parallel, I don't need to stretch the series out for 6 weeks again). I'm assuming it's the same as series 1, but again we're left in a "vacuum" for 4 weeks seemingly?

Ugh, in FM7 the windshield banner on the ZX GTP was paintable, but now it isn't and it's bright red with no logos remaining on it, so it just makes every livery look incomplete. I transferred my Rad Racer livery I made over from FM7 and the red especially stands out on it.

Rad Racer.jpg

RRFM8.jpg

If it at least had a permanent Nissan logo on it or something then it wouldn't look like I just forgot to paint an area.

T10 has always been inconsistent on windshield banners anyway, but I dunno how we are going backwards on these things. Some of the new race cars have them paintable, some don't, some go blank when you make a custom livery, some keep their logos from the base livery. It's a minor detail I guess, but depending on the colors used/car it can be an important part of making a livery look complete/authentic.

The "new" Oreca is annoying too, as the cockpit camera is too high so you have to look through the windshield banner to see ahead, but the banner has writing on it. If you paint the car, you can actually remove the writing, but in cockpit view it still shows it.

Last edited:
The "new" Oreca is annoying too, as the cockpit camera is too high so you have to look through the windshield banner to see ahead, but the banner has writing on it. If you paint the car, you can actually remove the writing, but in cockpit view it still shows it.
I noticed that you when I painted my Oreca. I'm more stunned that I couldn't find a way of removing the banner. Not a fun car to race when you're looking through the writing...

I noticed that you when I painted my Oreca. I'm more stunned that I couldn't find a way of removing the banner. Not a fun car to race when you're looking through the writing...
Yeah, I dunno who playtested that car but they obviously exclusively played with chase cam. Really shouldn't happen period, but especially not with a car that they are charging extra for and held back from the original car list to put into paid DLC.

There are several cars with bad cockpit views in the series though, so nothing new I suppose. They actually fixed one that was messed up in FM7 though (the Infiniti Q60 EA), but reintroduced another with the Oreca... so one step forward and one step back, which is very T10.

A typical Forza online morning..
Rough as all heck touring car race
Booted from the grid x2
Decent class S race
Booted again
Lovely class S race.
Now cannot retrieve latest event schedule. Please wait (doing so for about 15min now).

I guess I should be thankful for what I've got?

Edit: won't even open Rivals.

Edit2: should have known better than to try change the car tune during practice - froze and game reboot.

Last edited:
I've try to complete the carrer events before the next change, but between server disconnection, unlimited save bug and progression bug that make you lost your progression... I QUIT

This is so frustrating

All of a sudden because the TCR's are in Aus I keep seeing them in my YT feed, kinda cool seeing all these cars with similar liveries in game going door to door. It's my favourite spec series so I'll probably start paying a bit more attention to it IRL

All of a sudden because the TCR's are in Aus I keep seeing them in my YT feed, kinda cool seeing all these cars with similar liveries in game going door to door. It's my favourite spec series so I'll probably start paying a bit more attention to it IRL

The fact that we have 9 touring cars to choose from and 3 more coming between reward car and dlcs that is great and they could even go all out and add a few beyond that. How its looking too is that GT, Trans-am both modern and classic , IMSA GTX/GTO, and prototypes is going down the same roads with heavy content. I cant wait I wish I can just fast forward about 6 months from now and heres hoping they rework the AI and fix a few freeplay bugs and give a few more options.

Last edited:
Hopefully they'll fix the broken multi class in Free Play. I've tried every day to get it to work and have managed to on two occasions.
Forreal. Freeplay is a great alternative overall to the career but it has some frustrating bugs and lack of a few options that can knock it out the park. Some of them being the multi class system is rarely always right how I set it up ( sometimes theres 15 of the same car im driving and like 2 of everything else smh), AI cars not having liveries even when selected on, no tire or fuel wear multipliers, and still not being able to pick AI cars while being able to structure the grid as such which would be a huge game changer. I do find that the AI drives more competitively and ram my car less in freeplay then career which is interesting.

Last edited:
Ive finally finished enough of the builders cup career to open up the open class races,im not going to get the Audi this time around but im ready for the next car.I know theres still 4 days left to run but I dont have a lot of free time to play so finishing those races and enjoying it is not going to happen.
One other thing,the Forza edition amg has awful understeer,according to the ARB settings you can reduce understeer by softening the front ones.I tried this and each time I softened them it got worse and worse,so I maxed out the front ARB and it was instantly a lot better.Im not saying all car settings are wrong but this one seemed back to front.

One other thing,the Forza edition amg has awful understeer,according to the ARB settings you can reduce understeer by softening the front ones.I tried this and each time I softened them it got worse and worse,so I maxed out the front ARB and it was instantly a lot better.Im not saying all car settings are wrong but this one seemed back to front.

It wouldn't be the first time, the FWD diff settings are back to front too.

Hopefully they'll fix the broken multi class in Free Play. I've tried every day to get it to work and have managed to on two occasions.
Not sure which part you are finding broken, but I most commonly see it where the game loads into the track for the first time and both class buckets are all just the same car or same class of car even though I set to something like Forza GT and Forza Proto H... I find when that happens, if I change to another track so it forces a re-load, it will correct itself and when it loads into the new track the two classes will be split up right.

Last edited:
When I race on VIR on FM23, it's hands down the worst racing circuit known to man. I don't remember that it was so bad on GT7. Have either FM or GT7 made the cambers, blind summits easier/harder? Seemed far more forgiving to me on GT7.
And I thought Silverstone GP was bad 🙄

VIR is much more enjoyable with a sorted car. I find it really punishing to drive on with the older softer sprung cars the most. But after upgrading the suspension and sometimes rigidity I can get pretty much get anything to behave there.

It's funny that a bunch of guys with bulldozers can set up a better track to race on than an ex-DTM driver and Nordschleife veteran... you know the one...

Actually I don't mind some of Tilke's tracks like Red Bull and the shorter COTA layouts. Maybe the Yas hairpin won't be so frustrating with the new physics even if it hasn't been updated for Forza.

Last edited:
The climbing essess is one of my favorite pieces of track on any track in the world honestly. It's such a satisfying feeling when you get it right and you feel so cool when you do as well. I think the track needs respectful players to be a lot of fun. It's also relatively easy to knowledge check players with that track, so the fastest guys can pull really big leads almost immediately (as long as they don't get punted T1).

The climbing essess is one of my favorite pieces of track on any track in the world honestly. It's such a satisfying feeling when you get it right and you feel so cool when you do as well.
With a good setup car, or any racecar for that matter, it's flat out on the edge of adherence from turn 5 until the downhill left hander called South Bend before the oak tree and it's so, so good to nail it.

Forreal. Freeplay is a great alternative overall to the career but it has some frustrating bugs and lack of a few options that can knock it out the park. Some of them being the multi class system is rarely always right how I set it up ( sometimes theres 15 of the same car im driving and like 2 of everything else smh), AI cars not having liveries even when selected on, no tire or fuel wear multipliers, and still not being able to pick AI cars while being able to structure the grid as such which would be a huge game changer. I do find that the AI drives more competitively and ram my car less in freeplay then career which is interesting.
It's a disgrace they didn't fix the livery bug in freeplay after all this time.

Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

Last edited:
I learned early on to respect VIR when I was doing the Miata Builders cup. Just throwing power and tires at it to get 500pi was a recipe for disaster lol. Every corner that thing was bucking like a horse ready to throw me in the grass, left hook felt like a gut punch, Hog Pen was more like a Bull pen. I now come to VIR prepared, my last trip around the track in game was a really fun rip in a sensibly tuned 600pi 1988 Monte Carlo SS on street tires.

Since I'm in the mood for controversial takes tonight, here comes one now: Y'know, of all the games that feature cars I've actually driven (or at least a version thereof), and this will require a lot more more testing and thought before I get too specific (hopefully much more on that later), Forza Motorsport does a more convincing job of making the two cars (RWD coupes although I'd argue one's a sedan) I've tried so far, handle like they really do out of the box than many other alleged sims. There. I said it!

That's not to say you can't MAKE your car handle like it should, but as delivered from the showroom, this one about nailed them.

Back