Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
For the Xbox players... Does your console (specifically the Series X) run the fan heavily while playing Forza?

I live in South Africa and it's pretty hot here in summer, but other games don't run the fan as hard and as long as Forza.

For the Xbox players... Does your console (specifically the Series X) run the fan heavily while playing Forza?

I live in South Africa and it's pretty hot here in summer, but other games don't run the fan as hard and as long as Forza.
My Xbox Series X was relatively new, bought it around January of this year, so no problems with its fans and cooling.

Or better yet, why not let us design our own with the same livery editor tools
While that would be absolutely fantastic, I'm trying to envision how messed up the mapping on the suits would be, and cringing already... :lol:

Last edited:
I've had my Series X since launch and I can't say I've noticed any difference in the fan with Forza.
Ive had mine since xmas,fans been constant regardless what games I play.For reference RDR2 on my PS5 ramps up the fan slightly but on the series x it stays quiet.

Driving the '03 RS6 around Laguna Seca yesterday makes me wish that GT held on to some of the early 2000's super sedans.

I've been out from the game like for two weeks, and I just did a online race in Lime Rock with the 60's F1 cars and enjoyed every second of it, a really clean race minus a guy who tried to force and outside overtake in the second corner, don't leaving space and in conclusion he spinned out, and then tried to punt me out without luck.

I don't know the meta and I don't care, race was 18 laps and did two stops (8th and 14th lap) saw that the winners were A class, maybe less tire wear that way? I was using the Honda RA300.

The only thing that bothered me was that I did pole because it was raining a lot, but then in the last minutes the track got dry and the race was full sunny, so I was 13rd overall and managed to gain 2 positions with my strat.

Good series, cannot wait to drive it with a wheel.

Last edited:

Because of this tweet right here, I'm beginning to be even more concerned about "come and go" mechanics and this re-affirms that cars such as the Audi R8 V10 Performance and Acura ARX-05 are time-limited, where if you miss out on the events, you'll never get these cars.

Which is why it's a good idea to vote for this suggestion here:

Because of this tweet right here, I'm beginning to be even more concerned about "come and go" mechanics and this re-affirms that cars such as the Audi R8 V10 Performance and Acura ARX-05 are time-limited, where if you miss out on the events, you'll never get these cars.

Which is why it's a good idea to vote for this suggestion here:

At least they gave us a whole nine days' notice... :indiff:

They told us at the start, kind of. Just didn't add a proper countdown timer on the open playlist until way too late :(

It's here:

1699556573144.png

They should have stated more clearly that the Open Tour would be refreshed and removed, rather than a refresh where another Open Tour next month would be added alongside the old one (which could have also been an option, no clue why they need to remove older tours in the first place!)

Last edited:
I don’t like that events expire. I don’t even particularly care for them or the rewards, it just seems frustrating that FOMO tactics like this are what the game’s engagement model is built around.
They can't even let you know properly and spread the fear around a little more.

Who else thinks it would be a good idea to consolidate the Forza brand into a single storefront, lead not by Turn 10, but by Playground Games? I think that Forza Horizon: Motorsports :scared: would be artistically more graceful (seriously, FM is even drier that Project Cars and probably just as much as Assetto Corsa) and more engaging than it is now. Of course, keep the new physics/online features, but do something about the menus, the garage, the parts/tuning screens, the paint booth, the photo mode.

It’s interesting because (not to toot the horn, but) WRC has Moments in the game, a new one every day.

They’ll never be deleted, there’s at least 300 of them already planned and ready to go into the game over the coming months.
This is exactly what I'd rather T10 and PGG did. There's legitimately no reason to remove/disable the events after the month is over. It only makes the game look smaller than it actually is and it's a toxic relationship for the players.

They told us at the start, kind of. Just didn't add a proper countdown timer on the open playlist until way too late :(

It's here:

View attachment 1302289

They should have stated more clearly that the Open Tour would be refreshed and removed, rather than a refresh where another Open Tour next month would be added alongside the old one (which could have also been an option, no clue why they need to remove older tours in the first place!)

So much for new events being added to career permanently....

Go to the main menu, click on Career - it literally says the Career will "EXPAND" and evolve. This is arguably close to being deceitful based on what we've seen, unless some of the events are being kept. It can't expand if they remove events and replace them with new ones, as we will have the same number of series as before! If I had X I would post this as a reply.

The only "expansion" to the career that i can see currently is the addition of new tracks.

It’s interesting because (not to toot the horn, but) WRC has Moments in the game, a new one every day.

They’ll never be deleted, there’s at least 300 of them already planned and ready to go into the game over the coming months.

We all know the reason why:
FM23 - Gamepass
EA WRC - Not Gamepass.

Got to keep them Gamepass logins every week (at least they gave us an "extra" 2 weeks compared to FH4 and FH5).

Seriously, the Moments are brilliant though. Whoever came up with that deserves a raise!

@CeeJay there is a reason - it's Gamepass. It's NOT for our benefit, it's purely to get their logins up through FOMO.

Last edited:
Go to the main menu, click on Career - it literally says the Career will "EXPAND" and evolve. This is arguably close to being deceitful based on what we've seen, unless some of the events are being kept. It can't expand if they remove events and replace them with new ones, as we will have the same number of series as before! If I had X I would post this as a reply.

The only "expansion" to the career that i can see currently is the addition of new tracks.
I'm curious if the Featured Tour will stay. I've actually completed that one so I don't know if that's why I don't see a countdown timer on it like I do the open tour. Maybe that's where it expands? I still don't like the Open Tour being that way though.

Who else thinks it would be a good idea to consolidate the Forza brand into a single storefront, lead not by Turn 10, but by Playground Games? I think that Forza Horizon: Motorsports :scared: would be artistically more graceful (seriously, FM is even drier that Project Cars and probably just as much as Assetto Corsa) and more engaging than it is now. Of course, keep the new physics/online features, but do something about the menus, the garage, the parts/tuning screens, the paint booth, the photo mode.
"That's just the Spirit of Motorsport, isn't it!"

I'm sorry, but please no. lol

I'm curious if the Featured Tour will stay. I've actually completed that one so I don't know if that's why I don't see a countdown timer on it like I do the open tour. Maybe that's where it expands? I still don't like the Open Tour being that way though.

Who knows. Maybe it becomes permanent but without the Acura or with a different reward car. Turn10 communication has been so piss poor on this, I'm beginning to think they've borrowed people from PD! :lol:

But EA WRC also has moments locked behind EA Play.
I think you're missing the point. None of the WRC Moments are time-limited. You can do them whenever you like so they're not forcing you to login to GamePass regularly. A tiny number of them are paywalled but there's nothing to stop you buying EA Play for a month at the end of the season and ploughing through them if you want.

The open and featured tours in Motorsport aren't paywalled but you have to keep playing the game every month if you want to do them all and get the prize cars.

Back