Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
Nope there is a way around it. Start up a race in free play. It must be a lap counted race by yourself and no ai in any car. Once you cross the line to start the first lap quit the the event menu and setup your car restriction to one of the cars you want to try.
Oh man, thanks for this extra info. 👍👍

Did 3 laps with the 4RS at the 'Ring, thought the car felt very well suited to it. I will add I used to switch between the Chase view & In-Car/no steering wheel view, but with FM23, I've been finding the bonnet view really enjoyable. It feels like they adjusted the sense of speed in the game, so just running the 4RS in that view on the 'Ring gave a really impressive thrill as it sliced through corner after corner. But, this iteration of the 'Ring is really, really fun to run on & visually stunning in different conditions/day.

I drove the M2, Senna GTR and Aventador SVJ on the Nurburgring last night to see how it felt in 3 different types of car - the rear drive performance coupe, the track special and the Italian V12 supercar. I tell you what, getting around the track without crashing is a test and I actually felt tired afterwards. Driving my favourite Lamborghini on the toughest track in an official capacity made me a very happy kitty.

Last edited:
I drove the M2, Senna GTR and Aventador SVJ on the Nurburgring last night to see how it felt in 3 different types of car - the rear drive performance coupe, the track special and the Italian V12 supercar. I tell you what, getting around the track without crashing is a test and I actually felt tired afterwards. Driving my favourite Lamborghini on the toughest track in an official capacity made me a very happy kitty.
Only question is, what was your lap time on each of them?

Only question is, what was your lap time on each of them?
I don't remember exactly but I think I did a 7:58 in the M2, a 7:07 in the SVJ and a 7:02 in the Senna GTR. I can definitely go faster in the Senna GTR though because I binned it on my second lap and gave up.

Last edited:
How do you get around the requirement of "Not Enough Players" or do you test the cars out with a friend in your lobby?

• Go into your car list, select a car and choose free play, advanced, test drive
  • Start the test drive, then pause and select "Exit", then to Event Menu
  • Select Event Setup from the menu, switch to the car tab, you should be able to return type to "Any" and then select the DLC cars at this point.

It may only work the first time you do this, I tried yesterday selecting the Caddy, and then couldn't go back into the event setup and choose the Mustang, instead had to exit out and start the process again.

I'm spending my time enjoying the Nordschleife, hotlapping and racing. Meanwhile, others chose to spend their time E X P O S I N G L I E S 😂

Yeah, sure. We know by now that "built from the ground up" was mostly marketing talk. And, like everyone knows, there's still lots that needs to be fixed and added before FM '23 is the true successor to FM4, that we hoped it would be at launch.

But after having driven the Nordschleife on a wheel, with all assists off, with the new physics and variable weather/time of day, I can assure everyone that it's a generational leap compared to FM7.

I don't care that some painted lines on the tarmac appears to be recycled from FM7. Calling this "a texture pack" just doesn't do it justice.

No, it's not perfect and there's still some details that aren't quite like the real thing, but this was just disrespectful in my opinion. The game has been a mess in many ways since launch, but credit where credit is due. All things considered, I think T10 has done a great job with the Nordschleife.

I'm spending my time enjoying the Nordschleife, hotlapping and racing. Meanwhile, others chose to spend their time E X P O S I N G L I E S 😂

Yeah, sure. We know by now that "built from the ground up" was mostly marketing talk. And, like everyone knows, there's still lots that needs to be fixed and added before FM '23 is the true successor to FM4, that we hoped it would be at launch.

But after having driven the Nordschleife on a wheel, with all assists off, with the new physics and variable weather/time of day, I can assure everyone that it's a generational leap compared to FM7.

I don't care that some painted lines on the tarmac appears to be recycled from FM7. Calling this "a texture pack" just doesn't do it justice.

No, it's not perfect and there's still some details that aren't quite like the real thing, but this was just disrespectful in my opinion. The game has been a mess in many ways since launch, but credit where credit is due. All things considered, I think T10 has done a great job with the Nordschleife.

Just ignore accounts like this, there's another one 'aaaaaa' or something, it seems to be their day job to do deep comparisons trying to poke holes in Forza, kinda sad but I guess we all decide how we choose to spend our time.

Just ignore accounts like this, there's another one 'aaaaaa' or something, it seems to be their day job to do deep comparisons trying to poke holes in Forza, kinda sad but I guess we all decide how we choose to spend our time.
Head on over to FM.net for a real whinge-fest,( is that a word? ).I accept the game has its faults but most positive posts are met with negativity.Thers some good conversations to be had over there but the constant sniping gets tiring very quickly,GTPlanet is a welcome change from that.
What I dont understand is so many people who play on XSX seem to have issue after issue whereas others have very few,my main gripes were the flickering on the home screen and the slow load sometimes after going back to the garage screen,I dont know if some of them are just jumping on the hate train or if they are genuine.I got called out for saying that I thought the forum was toxic. :lol:

Head on over to FM.net for a real whinge-fest,( is that a word? ).I accept the game has its faults but most positive posts are met with negativity.Thers some good conversations to be had over there but the constant sniping gets tiring very quickly,GTPlanet is a welcome change from that.What I dont understand is so many people who play on XSX seem to have issue after issue whereas others have very few,my main gripes were the flickering on the home screen and the slow load sometimes after going back to the garage screen,I dont know if some of them are just jumping on the hate train or if they are genuine.I got called out for saying that I thought the forum was toxic. :lol:
Yeah, that forum has become a cesspool lately. I left there around the FM7 days and never looked back. It was getting bad back then too, anyone who said anything positive or offered a valid argument was ignored or called a Microsoft Shill. It's like people over there just stick their fingers in the ears and go "La, la, la, la, la, I can't hear you" whenever they are proven wrong or offered a different opinion that doesn't match their expectations. It's a far better place here and even though a few of those members made their way here, most of them went silent fairly quickly. I'm not surprised you got called out either for telling people they are toxic, because that's the environment they've built and it is completely normal for them to act that way.

I have never had an issue on my XSX that I can think of except maybe an occasional screen flicker but even then it wasn't really noticeable to me. Only real issues I had were on cloud gaming on my One X and PC when the game first came out.

Last edited:
Hmm, the game crashed in photo mode while trying to share... that's a first!
I noticed that too. It wont even show any of the thumbnails of my previous photos. When I share it goes straight back to the dashboard to restart the game all over again. A new bug, sucks.

Did you guys also get the bug where one AI car has weird white glowing spikes coming out of all 4 wheels?
For me it was a BMW 850i in the Class B Open Series iirc. Very funny, definitely a new bug.

I also noticed a graphical glitch on the VIR BMW race. The lead AI car looked like it had sticks coming out a couple of feet from the center of each wheel. Looked like Boudica spikes on a Roman chariot.

Did you guys also get the bug where one AI car has weird white glowing spikes coming out of all 4 wheels?
For me it was a BMW 850i in the Class B Open Series iirc. Very funny, definitely a new bug.
Yep.

What on earth is that person talking about. They claim the only difference is textures, and provide comparison images that show a huge number of non-texture differences, literally providing their own proof that their claim is false.

GT guys- we get it. You prefer GT7. Good for you. Why are you here? Are you so insecure about your favourite game you feel the need to bleat on about it ad nauseum?

Honestly, can't imagine having so much time to waste that I couldn't thonk of anything better to do than hammer on about something you probably don't even play anyway.

^ It's like a cult. No matter what game/sim you bring up, "But GT" :lol:

Has the game always had dents as damage or just on cars with metal bumpers? As I've just seemed to notice it when using the BMW 2002 Turbo the other night - although I've had other things on my mind lately, which could explain it. (And was using RT performance mode for the first time since launch)
Hmm, the game crashed in photo mode while trying to share... that's a first!
Yeah, I got that with the new update.

Last edited:

I caught that on Reddit. What an absolute knob, pointing out something 99.9% of players will never see or think about bc they’ll be busy actually driving.

It’s also a bit of cherry picking bc for the two corners he’s pointing out the rumble strips, there have been other corners that look much different & improved over FM7.

The fact he threw his logo over the track paint textures shows he’s just after social media clout.

So the premise of this argument is that it's just a texture pack, but the images used as evidence show the geometry being different but the textures (one of them) being the same? Does not compute.

Yeah, that forum has become a cesspool lately. I left there around the FM7 days and never looked back. It was getting bad back then too, anyone who said anything positive or offered a valid argument was ignored or called a Microsoft Shill. It's like people over there just stick their fingers in the ears and go "La, la, la, la, la, I can't hear you" whenever they are proven wrong or offered a different opinion that doesn't match their expectations. It's a far better place here and even though a few of those members made their way here, most of them went silent fairly quickly. I'm not surprised you got called out either for telling people they are toxic, because that's the environment they've built and it is completely normal for them to act that way.
It's the same sort of problem, and it's not limited to Forza. Total War, Madden, NASCAR, yeah, those too. Plenty of evidence says it all.

Case in point why I quit FM.net.

I believe I had this back in FM7 very occasionally.

GT guys- we get it. You prefer GT7. Good for you. Why are you here? Are you so insecure about your favourite game you feel the need to bleat on about it ad nauseum?

Honestly, can't imagine having so much time to waste that I couldn't thonk of anything better to do than hammer on about something you probably don't even play anyway.
Yep, the Nordschleife thread is a bit of a mess at the moment.

I'm going to post same comment as on Official Forza Forum, because I think this is the problem here with Nordschleife:

Off course lap times are off at Nordschleife, because grip in on this track is lower than on other tracks in FM 2023. For instance with same car I’m 2 seconds faster than Randy Pobst at Laguna Seca, yet at Nordschleife I barely manage to match lap time of Sport Auto journalist. This hasn’t been a case in FM7, GT7 (or GT6 for that matter), where lap times and grip levels are consistent between tracks. In GT7 if I’m faster than racing driver with certain car at Laguna Seca, I’m also faster at Nurburgring. Same goes when I can’t match lap record on Laguna Seca or Hockenheim Short (FM7), I won’t be able to do it on Nurburgring. I’m thinking of reporting this as a bug.

Edit:
Best example - Corvette Stingray C8:
GT7 (Comfort Soft tires): Laguna Seca - my time 1:35,9 (record 1:37,8); Nordschleife: 7:27 from bridge to gantry (record 7:29)
FM 2023: Nordschleife 7:29 from bridge to gantry (record 7:29), Laguna Seca 1:33,3 (!). With grip handicap set to 0.95 to match real Laguna lap time: 1:35,8, but then at Nordschleife my time is 7:36.

Leah: Can you tell us a bit more about how monetization works in Forza Motorsport?

Chris: You- Could you have started with an easier question? Let's just dive right into that one. So, similar to the offerings we've had for recent games in the Forza franchise, we'll have a Premium Edition of the game available with a bunch of add-ons for players, y'know, just like, car packs and car pass. So, in addition to these things that players can buy we'll be regularly adding new cars and tracks to the game for free after launch. Also, we aren't selling car upgrade points or credits, there are no random drops or loot boxes, so cars and upgrades are all earned by your play, other than those car pass and car pack cars.

If there's MTX in this game I'm not going to be happy. It was sold on a promise of not having MTX. I don't care if the balance is good enough that you don't feel compelled to buy any, if that Steam DLC is MTX then they have lied.

I'm going to post same comment as on Official Forza Forum, because I think this is the problem here with Nordschleife:

Off course lap times are off at Nordschleife, because grip in on this track is lower than on other tracks in FM 2023. For instance with same car I’m 2 seconds faster than Randy Pobst at Laguna Seca, yet at Nordschleife I barely manage to match lap time of Sport Auto journalist. This hasn’t been a case in FM7, GT7 (or GT6 for that matter), where lap times and grip levels are consistent between tracks. In GT7 if I’m faster than racing driver with certain car at Laguna Seca, I’m also faster at Nurburgring. Same goes when I can’t match lap record on Laguna Seca or Hockenheim Short (FM7), I won’t be able to do it on Nurburgring. I’m thinking of reporting this as a bug.

Edit:
Best example - Corvette Stingray C8:
GT7 (Comfort Soft tires): Laguna Seca - my time 1:35,9 (record 1:37,8); Nordschleife: 7:27 from bridge to gantry (record 7:29)
FM 2023: Nordschleife 7:29 from bridge to gantry (record 7:29), Laguna Seca 1:33,3 (!). With grip handicap set to 0.95 to match real Laguna lap time: 1:35,8, but then at Nordschleife my time is 7:36.
Try in free race mode with the same rubbered in track grip level?

I am glad that most of people seems enjoying the track and the updates made, so far is the best the game has been talked since the launch, the only complains i saw are people that made beacuse they reused some stupid mostly unnoticiable PNGs to short the development time that every game, INCLUDING GRAN TURISMO does to short the development time

If there's MTX in this game I'm not going to be happy. It was sold on a promise of not having MTX. I don't care if the balance is good enough that you don't feel compelled to buy any, if that Steam DLC is MTX then they have lied.
The only MTX is the usual car pass stuff that every forza has since FM2 and is likely to be just it (unless there has some rumor floating while i was out)

Back