Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,345 comments
Well, the Series S is SIGNIFICANTLY improved visually, even Grand Oak Raceway passed the test and is stable now on Performance graphics mode (which always seemed to be the worst performing track).

As with all updates, I've tested the Visuals graphics mode and this is also SIGNIFICANTLY improved on the Series S, to the extent that for the first time I'd say it is a viable option and I've kept it on Visuals and not gone back. Credit where it is due, the game now looks stunning on Series S (just need to dial out the blur if they can).

For reference, a relaxed A class rivals single lap nets you roughly 18k credits (with VIP) and 2+ carXP levels.

I can see myself spending a lot of time in that mode from now on :D
I can confirm the above (although XP didn't register at all on my first lap so there's a bug there somewhere!

Ran my first lap at Nordschleife in the lowest PI car currently in the game - the Toyota Corolla 1974 and, drum roll, my YouTube channel is back in business šŸ˜€
(Just wish you could record more than 3 minutes footage):

After this update i managed to find this
decal593.png

Related to IndyCar i guess?

decal630.png

DMC carbon not Delorean Motor Company

I also managed to find these on the text strings
  • Future Design Carbon
  • Karbel Carbon
  • Artwork Body Shop
  • Back to the Future??

Those listed on the text strings might also come to Horizon considering that Prior design and Maxton design was found first on FM text strings but currently the bodykits only available on FH5 albeit hidden (presumably saved for later update)

Interesting facts about 3 of the vehicles in this update:
  • The 1974 #1 Porsche 911 RSR was actually a 1975 model, raced by Gelo Racing Team (Chassis 911-490). This won the Norisring round of the 1975 European GT series.
  • The Lotus 35 featured in Forza Motorsport was potentially a replica of a Martin 3.0 liter V8-powered Lotus 35 F2 chassis that was raced in the 1967 Race of Champions by Roy Pike and Piers Courage. The original one got destroyed.
  • Yes, the Audi TT RS on the car pass is recycled, but it is actually a facelift of it. Distinct exgerior changes include vents on the rear bumper, more aggressive headlights and indicators on the front. They really should have done something similar to the RSX, make the 2020 TT RS' parts be visual customization for the 2018 TT RS.

Last edited:
I ran a couple of freeplay races on the Nordschleife and I think they did a good job on it. I haven't ran it at night yet so I'm looking forwards to that. I ran one of them with the Giulia and I see they fixed the gauges. They're no longer blank and have the numbers on them now.

I also noticed a graphical glitch on the VIR BMW race. The lead AI car looked like it had sticks coming out a couple of feet from the center of each wheel. Looked like Boudica spikes on a Roman chariot.

On PC, AMD, my performance hasn't changed, but I'm using FSR2 Quality, and I have noticed everything is significantly sharper than prior, so I suspect if I turned FSR2 off and used resolution scaling instead I would see a significant increase in performance over the previous update.

Nordshleife is a joy to drive, I've never driven it in real life, but put many hours in on other sims, only raced a couple laps in past Forza's on this track, so I'm not used to the old Forza version's, all I can say is that it drives just how I remember it last time I drove it in AMS2 or GT7, and looks absolutely fantastic in some of the variable weather conditions (sunset and midnight are particularly nice).

I've also noticed some AI improvements, in the ring I haven't seen anywhere near as much brake-checking, and the front of the grid don't seem to be running away with the race as much as they did before, then just finished off the italian tour at Spa and had a good battle, again didn't notice as much brake-checking as before. This all might be placebo effect, but I do see a few people commenting positively about the AI in this update, so I'm going to stay hopeful.

Okay, so I did a Nurburgring run and found out the Cadillac V-Series.R is far slower than I thought, with a 6:30 lap time.

For comparison, I remember doing 5:45 with the Toyota GR010 Hybrid in GT7. Could this mean there's something up with the physics of FM8?

But boy, I was amazed with what the Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro could do, a lap time of 5:16.818, nearly three seconds faster than the Porsche 919 EVO.

Last edited:
After this update i managed to find this
View attachment 1328239
Related to IndyCar i guess?

View attachment 1328240
DMC carbon not Delorean Motor Company

I also managed to find these on the text strings
  • Future Design Carbon
  • Karbel Carbon
  • Artwork Body Shop
  • Back to the Future??

Those listed on the text strings might also come to Horizon considering that Prior design and Maxton design was found first on FM text strings but currently the bodykits only available on FH5 albeit hidden (presumably saved for later update)

Indycar could be coming into the game, judging from base/ai/... text files
image-120.png

Last edited:
How often do they have those light fixtures? Is it only in certain sections or at regular intervals all around the track?
Certain sections and landmarks around the track are illuminated, like the carousel for example, but most of the track is not. I also found that many times the floodlights illuminates the trackside more than the track itself. At least that was the case for me, who drives with bumper cam. Like someone else mentioned, at night during rain and fog, I definitely got those N24 vibes!

I also agree that the version in Assetto Corsa is still more accurate regarding the track surface and how unforgiving the track is. But this is such a generational leap compared to all other versions we've had in the Forza franchise before. I had some brown trouser moments at the crests and bumps of Pflanzgarten during my laps, so rest assure this track will still keep you on your toes and punish you plenty for every mistake you make.

The widebody kit that was removed was the 488 Pista. Here's a picture of it compared to the regular version:
Screenshot_20240215-093634_YouTube.jpg

Edit: Here's some more photos showing off how dark the Nordschleife gets at night. This photo was taken near Wippermann, if I remember correctly. That part has some floodlights:
92e3018e-0e59-42db-b353-fa35bdfffc5c.png

But just before and after this section the track looks like this:
26ca4c92-45fb-40ac-a7c6-c778041a6a91.png

And like this:
43b225c2-f543-4655-a672-19f6e520c272.png

Attachments

• 26ca4c92-45fb-40ac-a7c6-c778041a6a91.png
    26ca4c92-45fb-40ac-a7c6-c778041a6a91.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Okay, so I did a Nurburgring run and found out the Cadillac V-Series.R is far slower than I thought, with a 6:30 lap time.

For comparison, I remember doing 5:45 with the Toyota GR010 Hybrid in GT7. Could this mean there's something up with the physics of FM8?

But boy, I was amazed with what the Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro could do, a lap time of 5:16.818, nearly three seconds faster than the Porsche 919 EVO.
The GT7 physics is definetly not anywhere near a reference level, either are racing hybrids around the ring in 5 minutes. FM`s ring & physics is a bit closer to the thruth

The GT7 physics is definetly not anywhere near a reference level, either are racing hybrids around the ring in 5 minutes. FM`s ring & physics is a bit closer to the thruth
Not quite. The Mercedes-AMG One is 11 seconds slower than the actual car here in FM8.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Nordschleife, but overall a kinda disappointing update.

Not a great prize/Featured/Car Pass selection this time around really. The TA Mustang is another TA car (which means it's cool but basically the same as the others), Cadillac GT3 is cool as it's one of the only unique somewhat recent-ish GT3 cars, and the vintage 911 RSR is great. The little Lotus and BMW M2 are okay.

The TTRS doesn't seem like a valuable addition at all, as it seems it's just a facelift and has the same exact PI, HP and performance graph stats as the 2018 we already had. Lame addition even if it was free, but to put in the Car Pass is pretty low.

For the others, the Cayman is cool in theory but it drives terrible (stock anyway), and I'd rather have the actual GT4 race car we had in FM7. The old RS7 Sportback has to be one of the most "who cares?" additions they could have possibly chosen to recycle. The 911 Turbo is kind of an okay car I guess, but I can't figure out why I'd drive it instead of the more flexible Carrera S or a GT3/2 model that is better for the track.

Also, you can no longer import your vinyls from FM7 for some reason. This is particularly frustrating for me as I had only transferred over the stuff I was using so far and had no idea I needed to be in any hurry to bring it all over. Hopefully this is a bug though but with T10 you never know, and even if it is a bug it doesn't mean it will be fixed. As it is right now, I only have the option to import things from FH4 and FH5.

No improvements for multiplayer like manually organized grids (a feature we already had), and the "fix" to replays is kind of a joke. I mean it's better than no replays, but 11 minutes isn't very useful and is another big step back for the series on this front. FM4 used to let us save 45 minutes, then FM5 or 6 (can't remember which) cut it down to 22 minutes, FM7 was 22 minutes unless it rained, then it was (seemingly randomly) between 8 and 22 minutes... At least patch notes said they are looking into making them longer, but hard to have much hope on that front given their trending direction over the years.

The Nurburgring model has lots of kerbs and track extension sections that are pretty wrong, as well as some spots where the guardrail isn't the correct distance from the track, and the kleiner karussel isn't right. It also has a bunch of weird big lights all around during the night that it shouldn't have.

On the plus side, the 24h combined circuit at least actually uses the fast chicane on the GP loop which is a pleasant surprise (now we just need the option to use it on the regular GP and Sprint loops). Despite all the lights at night being wrong, it looks cool to race at night and gives heavy 24h vibes with the campsites and christmas lights and stuff.

Overall it's still fun to drive and it's good to have it back. Most of the kerb things aren't even a big deal really and the lights don't matter much I guess as they are the same for everyone, but it's just kinda disappointing we were supposed to be getting "the most accurate and up to date Nordschleife" or whatever and it obviously isn't.

Sorry to bring this back up; has this been fixed? Decided to give it a go in Private Multiplayer & don't see any of the new cars.
Sorry for the slow response, but yeah it still works just the same.

When setting up the lobby, go to the "Cars" tab and set make and model to the one you want and confirm the settings. When it loads you in, it will take you to the car select screen and say something like "there are no cars available" and just push A on "Ok." Then just push the B button to back out of the empty car select screen, and you will see the car sitting in pit lane. As long as you change from one locked car to another, it should work fine. If you change to an available car sometimes it will screw up and you will have to remake the lobby, but usually you can get it going again by doing the above again.

It can be hard to tell which model is which for a few though, like the RS7 as both the 2013 and 2021 models are just called "RS 7 Sportback."

The TA Mustang, old RSR Porsche, and GT3 Caddy are nice. Surprisingly the Cayman GT4 RS is awful, understeers bad and reacts weird over bumps. The Audi RS7 is just as bad as you would expect, and the TT RS and 911 Turbo definitely exist.

Last edited:
The Nurburgring model has lots of kerbs and track extension sections that are pretty wrong, as well as some spots where the guardrail isn't the correct distance from the track, and the kleiner karussel isn't right. It also has a bunch of weird big lights all around during the night that it shouldn't have.

Can you show some examples of what you mean, comparisons to real life? I keep on seeing folks mention things are wrong but no-one seems to want to show what correct should be.

I did notice one small thing last night, when you sort your cars by level, do a race, when you come back in to the car selection screen the view is still sorted by level, I think previously it reset the view, so that's nice.

Can you show some examples of what you mean, comparisons to real life? I keep on seeing folks mention things are wrong but no-one seems to want to show what correct should be.

I did notice one small thing last night, when you sort your cars by level, do a race, when you come back in to the car selection screen the view is still sorted by level, I think previously it reset the view, so that's nice.
Probably because it takes quite a bit of time to go through and take screenshots and stuff.

I did 15 or so laps in different cars with some different friends today, and checked a YouTube video a few times when one of us would go "this isn't right is it?" and here is what I remember, in order of their position around the track:

• The kerb on the exit of Sabine Schmitz is too tall, something previous Forzas have got wrong too.
  • The inside kerb for fast right hander at the start of Hatzenbach is too flat so you can use it safely. Real kerb is quite aggressive and will send you into the left hand wall if you hit it in faster cars.
  • The right apex of the first chicane in Hatzenbach, kerb is a little too tall and doesn't have enough extension behind it, making it hard to use like you would in real life. The extension was added in 2017 or 2018 or something I think, then widened... last year?
  • No extra track extension at the apex of the next little right hand kink, which has been there since at least 2018 I think.
  • The apex on the right for the second chicane in Hatzenbach doesn't have enough extension behind it, meaning it's hard to use it like you would in real life.
  • The sort of concrete looking strip on the left hand side going up Quiddelbacher Hohe doesn't exist anymore (was gone before 2018 I think?), and I don't think it was ever that wide. Doesn't really have any effect on anything, just looks weird.
  • The kerb on the inside at Aremberg isn't at an aggressive enough angle, meaning you can use it even though you don't in real life.
  • The left apex kerb at the top of the hill after Fuchsrohre that serves as the entry to Adenauer Forst doesn't seem wide enough to me, but admittedly I didn't stop and park a car on it to try to measure or anything.
  • The exit extension from the right hander after Wehrseifen is missing.
  • The outer track extension at Bergwerk starts before you even turn in, which isn't correct.
  • The right hander before Mutkurve, the wall on the inside is too far from the track. In Forza you can fit your whole car off in the grass on the inside. This was changed in the last few years on the real track when they put in catchfencing, the wall is closer now and you can't even really fit your whole car over the white line, nevermind into the grass.
  • Apex of Steilstrecke has a pretty shallow kerb angle, real kerb is more aggressive and bumps you off of it more if you try to use it.
  • Kerbs in Wippermann are a little too tall, making them more dangerous to use in Forza.
  • There's no track extension on the exit of Wippermann like there is in real life.
  • Exit of Brunnchen 1 doesn't have enough track extension, in real life you can nearly fit your whole car over the white line. Also here the wall on the left seems too close to the track, but again I didn't stop and park a car to measure, maybe it's an optical illusion because the narrower extension I guess?
  • Kerb on the exit of Brunnchen 2 is very wrong, both in the angles of the 3 parts of the kerb/extension, and the height.
  • Kleines karussel paved section is a little too far from the apex kerbing. In Forza can fit most mid to small cars on the tarmac inside the cement bit, which you can't do in real life... This doesn't actually impact much practically, but it looks quite strange on entry for those familiar with more accurate scans.
  • The clipping point where the fence jutts out on the left between Tiergarten and Hohenrain has grass on it instead of being the crossed track extension stuff they use elsewhere on the track. Also the profile for the corner here seems weird, making it so you don't really use that as the clipping point in Forza anyways, meaning the grass is kind irrelevant I guess.
There are a number of things that feel a bit "off" too but maybe it's just the fact that it's new. I usually try not to overthink stuff like corner profiles, camber changes, and elevation changes unless they are just way off, because things like view positions, FOV and to some extent FFB can skew those a bit from title to title and a lot of what seems "right" is based on familiarity.

Some of the stuff the Forza model is missing kinda indicates it was based off a pre-2017/18 scan, and it's stuff the AC model is missing too of course. Some missing bits doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it isn't really the "most up to date and accurate" or whatever T10 said it would be.

As for the car select thing, weirdly it hasn't been doing that for me, and for the first 2 or 3 hours of racing with friends tonight in multiplayer, every single time I went to the car select screen, it would put me on "buy car" instead of "my cars." Since they still haven't fixed the memory leak-ish thing with the car select screen it was pretty tedious clicking "select car" and then the game freezing for 10 seconds, then having to click "my cars" and the game freezing for another 8 or 10 seconds, then scrolling around to find the car I want, which occasionally would cause it freeze for another 5 secs or so as soon as I started scrolling... When it wasn't just crashing to the dashboard, which happened 3 times tonight. After the final crash though, it stopped doing it and when I went to "select car" it would put me in whichever screen I was in last time (usually "my cars"), like normal. I didn't try sorting by level, but it wasn't saving my sort by decade.

Last edited:
The Nordschleife lap record in real life is 5:19 by a Porsche 919 Hybrid EVO. In FM, someone has already done 4:51 with the AMR Pro.
I was not thinking of lap-records here but my fav topic; how cars actually handles. Like a plain rwd without any electronic help.

Yeah I heard of that crazy Porsche-laptime a while ago. The only real life AMR lap-time I`ve found is 2.01 at Bahrain, 25 secs slower than Toyotas hybrid. As if I care..

I can't play the new Open Class D championship. Unlike in other championships, the car selection doesn't allow me to select "My Cars". If I click on a car that i already own, the UI ask me if i want to buy a new one or select the one i own. I "Select Car", and then, nothing happens.
  • Am I doing something wrong?
  • Do you have the same car select menu that I have on Open Class D?

The unusual menu:
1708004606942.png

1708004630076.png

On other championships, i have this instead:
1708004669208.png

Hmm, can't see IndyCar (not that I wouldn't welcome it) but given the IMSA ties I wouldn't bet against this thing making an appearance
porsche-963-lmdh-porsche-penske-motorsport-4-1656091698.jpg
I donā€™t think we will see the IMSA variant of the 963 and I have a good reason. I believe Microsoft and Porsche could release a ā€œPorsche Experience LeMansā€ update and it stems from the Porsche 75th anniversary Xbox Series Xs

IMG_2471.jpeg

Starting from left to right
Martini 917 LH already in the game and could see a spotlight discount

IMG_2474.jpeg

Next is the Porsche 911 GT1 which was last featured in Forza Motorsport 6

IMG_2475.jpeg

Next we have the Porsche 917K which would be brand new to the series as a whole

IMG_2472.jpeg

Next is kinda returning. We had the classic Porsche 935 in FM7 as DLC but this specific 935 is the iconic Moby Dick variant so would be a brand new livery

IMG_2476.jpeg

Next up is a car we all can recognize. The Porsche 917/20 pink pig which made its debut in FH4 and Motorsport debut as a spotlight DLC in FM7. This car some unknown reason is one of many race cars in FH5 that have yet to make the leap into FM23
IMG_2473.jpeg

Lastly we get to what was a big talking point around LeMans 2023. An Xbox Series X themed around the 2023 Porsche #75 Penske Motorsport 963 LMDh. This car was entered as a one off entry into the Hypercar class as a third factory car to allow their IMSA drivers to race the great race. Unlike the sister cars itā€™s rear wing and shark fin were decked out with Penske red

IMG_2477.jpeg

So not only do all of these cars have Xboxā€™s but they also have meaning towards Porsches history with the great race. Hints have been right under our noses this whole time imo

I ran off track a few times last night in my first run and it seemed like that the grass is very sticky. Instead of sliding down the guardrail the car almost came to a complete stop just in the grass and it was harder to get out of it.

Back