Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,345 comments
So I’m noticing something with the current car selections that may give us somewhat of an idea of what this upcoming “Forza GT Split” may be like

For those that haven’t started the most recent feature tour yet the GT section is not Forza GT like listed in the update notes but a smaller portion of GT cars that were eligible for IMSA GTLM and WEC LMGTE regulations/cars similar in appearance to those regulations.

Could it be possible that class sub divisions come in? Cars like the BMW M6 GTLM, SRT Viper GTS-R, and Aston Martin Vantage GT3 can fit visually very well in both a GTE/LM and GT3 class in game due to irl counterparts. It would allow T10 to keep a more diverse grid without having to split the entire class up into a new group

Doing the first 2 Endurance Series tonight, the Sebring one is pretty fun. With the right difficulty, the AI is quick enough to keep you honest. Silverstone one, though, not quite. Multi-class field was great, but you pretty much have to run the Porsche 919. The 3 AI who run it are ridiculously quick with Silverstone having enough space to open them up.

I just finished the 1st Pinnacle Endurance (Sebring) as well, and had a ton of fun. I came in 2nd, even though the game was predicting the best I could do was 12th-13th. I think the prediction was based on how much time I'd lose on a pit stop without taking into account the fact that the OTHER cars would need to pit as well. Maybe this gets corrected in a future update?

Anyway, had a blast like I said, plus it was fun seeing the jet take off and watching the time of day change to where we finish at night.

So I’m noticing something with the current car selections that may give us somewhat of an idea of what this upcoming “Forza GT Split” may be like

For those that haven’t started the most recent feature tour yet the GT section is not Forza GT like listed in the update notes but a smaller portion of GT cars that were eligible for IMSA GTLM and WEC LMGTE regulations/cars similar in appearance to those regulations.

Could it be possible that class sub divisions come in? Cars like the BMW M6 GTLM, SRT Viper GTS-R, and Aston Martin Vantage GT3 can fit visually very well in both a GTE/LM and GT3 class in game due to irl counterparts. It would allow T10 to keep a more diverse grid without having to split the entire class up into a new group
I noticed that too. First thing I said was that the race had no random Trans-am, GT4, or the Lambo Essenza thrown in. Just nothing but GT3/GTLM cars which is rightfully appropriate for a simulated 12hr of Sebring race. Maybe this was their way of testing that Forza GT split they plan to introduce soon.

Doing the first 2 Endurance Series tonight, the Sebring one is pretty fun. With the right difficulty, the AI is quick enough to keep you honest. Silverstone one, though, not quite. Multi-class field was great, but you pretty much have to run the Porsche 919. The 3 AI who run it are ridiculously quick with Silverstone having enough space to open them up.
I've only done the first one and I had a feeling that the AI let me get in front so they could put pressure on me for the rest of the race to see if I would crack or not. I started 10th and got the lead on lap 3 and the 2nd place AI stayed within 2 seconds of me for the rest of the race. To my credit I only made one slight mistake I think about 3 laps from the end when I went a little deep into turn 2 but still kept the lead. I did have to take a break on lap 12 to get up and walk around to ease my back pain. But at the end of the race I think the top 7 or 8 AI cars all had a faster lap time than I did but only by a half second or so.

My first time in an endurance race:

20 players in the lobby, in the end only 6 left (lol).

Totally lost as to which strategy to use.

The dynamic weather was incredible, it started in the late afternoon (sunny), the night came and finally dawn.

That's it. It was really fun

Last edited:
1h of Le Mans is actually pretty fun once you are matched with the right people, was fighting against 963s in the yellow Cadillac down the Mulsanne straight in the middle of the night. I'll have to try out the GT hoppers next.

Last edited:
Can't say I was thrilled with Sebring being added (at this stage) and my early experiences of getting punted by the AI didn't help.
But I started to enjoy it over the week using the Porsche GT car. When it came to the actual event at Sebring my patriotism got the better of me and I went with the Aston M. Was happy with a podium finish (after starting 13th) but then dropped to 4th for a penalty.
1.jpg
6.jpg

Last edited:
Also did the Sebring 20 lapper. Overall, a very enjoyable race.
I'm quite rubbish in GT Cars, so was on 6 difficulty.

Started 12th, and by the 4th lap was 1st with 2nd fluctuating been 1 and 3 seconds behind.

1 stop strategy on mediums, but needed to pit on lap 9 for cooked tyres.
Accidently/stupidly skipped the refuel, which meant I only had 4 laps before I had to get fuel (and fresh tyres again).

restarted in 14th but managed to catch everyone easily and took the lead by the 18th lap, at which point 2nd place sat...... 1 to 3 seconds behind.

Very clear and obvious rubber banding, which is mighty disappointing.

8 cars had in the range of 0.2 to 0.6 second quicker laptimes than me.

Still fun, and the whole vibe was great. Get rid of rubber banding though!

Last edited:
Enjoyed the last bit Open MP Class last night. Have enjoyed a hefty skill rating increase as the Lobbies have been smaller with less METAs. Got my favorite win of the week with a 300SL that was actually full of METAs at Catalunya. What has always made Forza fun for me was trying to build and compete with Non-METAs in Multi-player.

Guess I'm going to venture into Single player this week. Not a fan of Open MP classes for this week. Also want to know if the grind for the 935 is worth it. I really need to fine tune some GT cars.

I've tried update 9 now and although I wish we would've gotten more than just 3 new cars, I'm feeling pretty happy with the content.

Sebring has never been one of my favourite tracks, but it feels so much better now with the new physics in FM '23. I can feel the car dancing over the bumps and different surfaces and it's very satisfying to drive. The track also looks absolutely gorgeous.
2f7b4c57-85eb-4bfe-bc91-c20d40759add.png

As many of you already have mentioned, the graphics elfs have worked their magic in silence in this update. I noticed a big difference with the illumination changes after update 8 and the game looks even sharper, more saturated and colourful now. The skybox looks better too.
55bbed74-9419-48e0-909c-1b55a8937adf.png

I'm also glad we finally got endurance races added, even though I wish they would be permanently added to the career mode.

In conclusion, another step in the right direction for FM '23 with this update!

I noticed a performance dip in the Endurance races at Sebring and Silverstone, into the high 40 to 50 fps. But after pitting, the frame rate stabilized to 60 for the rest of the races (On Series X).

In conclusion, another step in the right direction for FM '23 with this update!
I don't see it as a step in the right direction at all, as it shows a complete lack of understanding of what players are looking for when they ask for longer races. I can only see two explanations - they are either trolling the players, or they are stupid. Neither explanation makes me hopeful for the future of the game.

Hello there. Anyone noticing significant framerate drops on Sebring? I've only done the short version in Test Drive and Multiplayer Practice. It's mainly on the start/finish straight maybe triggered by lots of fencing and background etc. I'm on Series S which might explain it?

I've noticed they've changed some of the track ribbons in E Class hoppers. So we get Hock National and Silverstone International. Hoping we get such as Brands GP and Watkins Full in future. Shortest tracks are often but not always best for slower car racing. Road America full is a good case in point.

Screenshot 2024-06-13 205704.png

Well that was no fun. The 919 was a complete waste of money. Should have just stuck with the Ginetta. I think that race would have been more fun without the X class in it. Just limit it to the P class Prototypes. I was slower than some of the P class cars anyway. Once darkness set in I was 2 to 3 seconds slower per lap.

The other X class cars had a hard time with the traffic. I got out to as much as an 18 second lead but once the got clear they were right back on my rear bumper again in no time.

Also I really wish Turn 10 would do something about the cockpit view driver animation. Their elbows and forearms block your view when turning.

Last edited:
View attachment 1364682

Well that was no fun. The 919 was a complete waste of money. Should have just stuck with the Ginetta. I think that race would have been more fun without the X class in it. Just limit it to the P class Prototypes. I was slower than some of the P class cars anyway. Once darkness set in I was 2 to 3 seconds slower per lap.

The other X class cars had a hard time with the traffic. I got out to as much as an 18 second lead but once the got clear they were right back on my rear bumper again in no time.

Also I really wish Turn 10 would do something about the cockpit view driver animation. Their elbows and forearms block your view when turning.
I'm actually in the middle of this race now, decided to take a break though. I hope my quick resume dosent fail me I would hate to waste about 30min so far lol. I'm using the Ginetta and out the box it isn't the best handling but with a little tuning work I made this thing fun and better to drive on a track like Silverstone. It's so fast in a straight line which is great for staying with those Porsches which of course occupy 1st-3rd. Currently sitting in 4th battling another Ginetta and the Nissan both on my tail. So far its a fun race and it does seem to me that the AI at least in the prototypes are able to pass slower traffic a little better then before.

Last edited:
I don't see it as a step in the right direction at all, as it shows a complete lack of understanding of what players are looking for when they ask for longer races. I can only see two explanations - they are either trolling the players, or they are stupid. Neither explanation makes me hopeful for the future of the game.
The thing is, the one time I gave feedback on the Forza forums I was shocked most people had answered 'just right' for race length.

Yeah, the Ginetta was fine for me. I just wasn't used to the tyre shredding.

Wish this series was permanent so non MPs like me get more of a chance to learn a bit more about strategy.
So, here's the MOST important question here...
Has anyone worked out the anagram yet? 🤔

The thing is, the one time I gave feedback on the Forza forums I was shocked most people had answered 'just right' for race length.
The lengths of the races are fine (around mid-way between GT7's human comedy hour races and the shorter endurance races like Tokyo and Sardegna), the problems are:
1) Making them into chores by making them a time-gated requirement to unlock a car that won't be available any other way.
2) Their lack of permanence making it fairly pointless to invest time into them.
3) The lack of leaderboards for total time for each race (GT7 is deficient in this respect as well - the human comedy hour races have leaderboards, but they're rubbish),
4) The inability to make the Sebring race a Forza GT spec race, including the AIs using spec builds/tunes.
5) The lack of viable strategic variations. For the Sebring race, Jezza from the official forum and I both independently came up with 12 laps on hards then 8 laps on mediums, and I can't see that there's much scope to deviate from this.

Basically, they've created pointless races and tried to give them a point by linking them to FOMO cars rather than just making them not pointless to start with.

Is it just me or the reflections are worse on Series S after the update? I know they are kinda bad compared to Series X or PC, but i don't remember it being this bad now.)

Performance Mode:
Forza Motorsport-2024_06_14-13_03_24.png

Quality Mode:
Forza Motorsport-2024_06_14-13_19_36.png

Last edited:
Ran the Sebring race (at least, part of it) twice yesterday, like the track. Clearest evidence of scripted AI I've seen though. Started on level 6, ran a 2:09:something-or-other in practice which was about 18th in the list, fastest practice lap from the AI was somewhere in the low 2:08 range, just a click faster than the time to beat in practice. Get into the race, mad dash to the front, crack of a couple of 2:07's and one 2:06, get into second and the leader stays at that 2:08 range. I crash and decide to restart at level 5. Get in, run my practice lap, 2:07 this time, AI is in the 2:11-2:12 area, again right in the time to beat neighbourhood. Start the race in third, easily get into the lead, think I'm going to pull away but no. At the time of the first pit I was scrapping with second place (which actually put a couple of decent passing moves down, well played to be honest) and fully half the field had pulled laps in the 2:05's. They'd stayed behind me but more or less all maintained the same distance, I pulled away on lap one and they caught back up and stayed there.

Might have to try level 8 and level 1, see how far this goes.

The lengths of the races are fine (around mid-way between GT7's human comedy hour races and the shorter endurance races like Tokyo and Sardegna), the problems are:
1) Making them into chores by making them a time-gated requirement to unlock a car that won't be available any other way.
2) Their lack of permanence making it fairly pointless to invest time into them.
3) The lack of leaderboards for total time for each race (GT7 is deficient in this respect as well - the human comedy hour races have leaderboards, but they're rubbish),
4) The inability to make the Sebring race a Forza GT spec race, including the AIs using spec builds/tunes.
5) The lack of viable strategic variations. For the Sebring race, Jezza from the official forum and I both independently came up with 12 laps on hards then 8 laps on mediums, and I can't see that there's much scope to deviate from this.

Basically, they've created pointless races and tried to give them a point by linking them to FOMO cars rather than just making them not pointless to start with.
Sorry, I meant the standard events race length. I think most people aren't fans of these limited events. My guess is T10 are being advised to copy the FH model. But I think that's short-sighted, yeah they've got my money and time now but this has seriously put me off the series moving foward.

Last edited:
Back