Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,199 comments
This should just be an easy one stopper. Medium/Medium with the pit at lap 12. Tires just broke into the orange right before pit and were still white at the end of the race. No upgrades. Just tuning to get the pressures into spec and other minor adjustments.
View attachment 1372768
I was just about to say that. I did this race as a one-stop with medium/medium and pitted after 12 laps. If you're careful your tires will just about last that long.

I used the #3 C8 fully upgraded, but with the AI on level 8 and starting last it was still a challenge. I finished second.

Once again the car pack in FH5 contains lots of cool cars that I hope will make its way to FM '23 eventually.

Screenshot_20240715-222111_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240715-222643_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240715-222247_YouTube.jpg

I'm especially fond of the Nissan Stagea with the Skyline front end. I haven't driven a Stagea in a racing game since Gran Turismo 2.
Screenshot_20240715_223740.jpg

I'd like to see the VW SP2, Stagea, AZ-1 and Sera make their way over.

Come to think of it, has any car that has been added to FH5 since the release of FM8 actually come to FM8 too? I dunno, it seems there isn't much sharing going on so it seems pretty optimistic to hope for them any time soon. We seem to be settling into 1 or 2 new cars and 1 or 2 returning cars per update, so at that rate it would take them years to get all the cool and deserving stuff over into FM8, and that's not even counting the stuff that would still be getting added to FH5 during that time.

The VW SP2 is particularly cool as it's more of a surprise than the others, we need more South American sports cars and race cars. They have a history of weird/interesting cars, with some pretty wild looking stuff run in the prototype categories back in the day, and plenty of touring car-esque stuff. Several would fit in interestingly with some of the cars we have in the game already.

1969 Baufer-Chevrolet Jorge Cupeiro.jpgACTC TC Pickup.jpgaldee1a.jpgAldee-MCTubarao_-963x720.jpgArgentina.jpgChevette GP.jpgChevy Opala - Paulo Gomez 1979.jpgLa Garrafa Argentina.jpgLiebre MkII B.jpgOpala.jpgPanizza Tornado.jpgPuma GTE.jpgLiebre MkIII 1968.jpg
70 71 Baufer-Chevrolet.JPG1979 Bianco S.jpg1981 Santa Matilde.jpg

Of course most are way too obscure to ever turn up in the game, sourcing them would be difficult, and licensing would likely be a nightmare for the defunct brands... But it's fun to dream/imagine.

I'd like to see the VW SP2, Stagea, AZ-1 and Sera make their way over.

Come to think of it, has any car that has been added to FH5 since the release of FM8 actually come to FM8 too? I dunno, it seems there isn't much sharing going on so it seems pretty optimistic to hope for them any time soon. We seem to be settling into 1 or 2 new cars and 1 or 2 returning cars per update, so at that rate it would take them years to get all the cool and deserving stuff over into FM8, and that's not even counting the stuff that would still be getting added to FH5 during that time.

The VW SP2 is particularly cool as it's more of a surprise than the others, we need more South American sports cars and race cars. They have a history of weird/interesting cars, with some pretty wild looking stuff run in the prototype categories back in the day, and plenty of touring car-esque stuff. Several would fit in interestingly with some of the cars we have in the game already.

Of course most are way too obscure to ever turn up in the game, sourcing them would be difficult, and licensing would likely be a nightmare for the defunct brands... But it's fun to dream/imagine.
I would love to see at least 100 cars from FH5 make their way over to FM but at the rate that T10 is releasing cars each update we may not get to that until 2027 at the earliest. Thats a nice dose of south American race cars though, I had no idea they had those kinds of cars throughout their automotive history. Plenty of those would indeed fit right into this game in different divisions it would be nice but with T10 when it comes to content for this game don't even hold your breath.

Last edited:
This should just be an easy one stopper. Medium/Medium with the pit at lap 12. Tires just broke into the orange right before pit and were still white at the end of the race. No upgrades. Just tuning to get the pressures into spec and other minor adjustments.
View attachment 1372768
How you managed to endure the tires to lap 12?!
Mine was red at lap 8.

Game doesn't showing tires degradation like GT7 simply does and that is half of problem.
Second part is that it happens almost instantly - now you have ok tires and moment later, you can't steer anymore...

Mine was red at lap 8.

Game doesn't showing tires degradation like GT7 simply does and that is half of problem.
Second part is that it happens almost instantly - now you have ok tires and moment later, you can't steer anymore...
I'm on a wheel. Maybe you're on a controller I'm assuming? Smooth inputs. Apex and exits. If you hear the tire sounds, more than likely they're scrubbing.
I'm not sure what you mean by FM not showing the tire degradation like GT7. They both have bars that lower as wear accumulates. Change color when they get low.
It sounds like you may be just cranking the steering stick to turn a bit too much. One thing I like that in my opinion FM does better than GT7 in the tire department, and there's a lot in that area, is when the tires degrade, they don't just all of the sudden get to this point where the car is completely undrivable. All while there's still tires on the car. I always thought that was ridiculous. Spinning out on every corner isn't indicative of real life.

Last edited:
ACC has a really interesting statistic for controller users, which is the % of the time you are providing too much steering input. This is basically when you are holding the steering stick too far to the edges and causes the tyres to scrub as @Beezer215 explained.

In Forza you have to judge this "over-steering" by tyre noise, since we don't get any stats unfortunately.

Also note that if you are playing the game on a mode without tyre wear, by default it won't show you the tyre status icon. You can go to settings and turn the icon on permanently rather than the default which is "where relevant". Or perhaps it was accidentally turned off completely?

Mine was red at lap 8.

There is a damage, fuel and tires diagram next to the speedometer that will show you tire degradation, not on the tires themselves but in the vertical bars next to them. I tried to Lightning McQueen the enduro race at the Nordschleife with hard tires, and while the bars still showed some thread, I did felt the car becoming more slippery (the Shelby Daytona), and after the carrousel the degradation was severe enough (also a warning pops at the top right corner of the screen) that the rest of the field that pitted at the start of the last lap caught up with me.

I'm confused. Here's what happened in the first race. This is difficulty level 4. PI limited to match mine.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 211553.png

Notice the split from 1st to me and me to 3rd. The lead AI car just kept pulling away. But so did I from the cars behind. Talk about being out there by myself 28 seconds to the car in front of me and 40 seconds to the car behind me.

Now to the 2nd race in a slightly lower powered car. Again difficulty level 4 and PI limited to match mine.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 220147.png

That's a little more like what I'm looking for in terms of being able to compete in P class. Still needs a little tweaking in maybe raising PI level a bit. But that first race is what's confusing me. Was it just one of those things where the AI was lightning fast? I don't think the Toyota is that bad to warrant getting beat that badly. Even though the Peugeot had a faster lap in race 2.

For the Grand Prix rivals series to be passed off as a Lauda vs. Hunt thing, I picked the Ferrari but I never saw a McLaren across the entire 4 races. A Renault and another Ferrari were my main rivals. The McLarens were down towards the back of the field.

But I did like the Ferrari and I'll definitely use it again.

Last edited:
Seems like they fixed the 'cutting practice short issue'... At least in the '76 F1 cars career race.

Really enjoyed the McLaren, but Kyalami was ridiculously easy on difficulty 8. Won by 10 seconds even with a big off on the last lap.

Seems like they fixed the 'cutting practice short issue'... At least in the '76 F1 cars career race.

Really enjoyed the McLaren, but Kyalami was ridiculously easy on difficulty 8. Won by 10 seconds even with a big off on the last lap.
It might just be the open series where they have cut practice short. I can't remember what practice was like in the previous challenge series races. But you're right about it being easy. I run on difficulty 5 and I could have easily ran it at 6.

If this was supposed to have been a homage to the Lauda vs Hunt '76 season, they should have ran that last race in the rain at Suzuka. I know we don't have Fuji but at least it would have been in Japan.

Just tried to do the second race of the Grand Prix at Brands Hatch and my game crashed while loading the track, in the second try the game crashed my Xbox and made it restart. Thats a first, lol.
When I first started the game last night the optimizing shaders thing started at 9% and would only move one percent every 5 seconds or so. After 2 or 3 minutes it finally gained momentum and got to the 100% and started the game. I thought "oh boy here comes another 12 minute game load". But at least it finally got there.

I think there was one bad delay in starting one of the races but I can't remember which one it was.

Mine was red at lap 8.
He drove extremely slowly. Even accounting for it being 821 PI, 2:07 is an extremely slow fastest lap on mediums. I did it with Forza GT spec tunes, which are a little higher PI than that, and was doing 2:01. His total race time was 43:54, I did 41:34, so there's going to be a lot less wear going so much slower. I was doing the race as 12 H, 8 M.

He drove extremely slowly. Even accounting for it being 821 PI, 2:07 is an extremely slow fastest lap on mediums. I did it with Forza GT spec tunes, which are a little higher PI than that, and was doing 2:01. His total race time was 43:54, I did 41:34, so there's going to be a lot less wear going so much slower. I was doing the race as 12 H, 8 M.
I did that race at level 7 or 8, was running 1:59 and 2:00 laps. I never caught the top 3 cars. 2:07 at what level?

I did that race at level 7 or 8, was running 1:59 and 2:00 laps. I never caught the top 3 cars. 2:07 at what level?
Was level 6 I believe. With the tire management, every lap wasn't a qualifying lap. Consistency for each lap was key because after the pass for 1st, the rubberbanding cars were right behind that whole time.

I've noticed something and said this before but FM is almost like 2 different games that behave differently depending on how you use it. If you use a controller and use the chase cam, the game is fairly easy. Add in any driving aids and even easier. Faster times and the AI on 8 is feasible. If you use a wheel with sim steering and all aids off in cockpit view, the game is genuinely hard for the most part. A lot more oversteer and sometimes the AI will just take off and you'll never catch the top couple off cars. Of course dependent on car class. I also don't really update the cars much at all so that adds to the difficulty.
I've taken a controller and drove a car with controller settings and then got on the wheel and used the sim settings and the inputs are different and truly is a different experience. People using controllers and beating AI on level 8 by big margins isn't really a same experience you get on a wheel. I enjoy the difficulty though and the challenge.

Was level 6 I believe. With the tire management, every lap wasn't a qualifying lap. Consistency for each lap was key because after the pass for 1st, the rubberbanding cars were right behind that whole time.

I've noticed something and said this before but FM is almost like 2 different games that behave differently depending on how you use it. If you use a controller and use the chase cam, the game is fairly easy. Add in any driving aids and even easier. Faster times and the AI on 8 is feasible. If you use a wheel with sim steering and all aids off in cockpit view, the game is genuinely hard for the most part. A lot more oversteer and sometimes the AI will just take off and you'll never catch the top couple off cars. Of course dependent on car class. I also don't really update the cars much at all so that adds to the difficulty.
I've taken a controller and drove a car with controller settings and then got on the wheel and used the sim settings and the inputs are different and truly is a different experience. People using controllers and beating AI on level 8 by big margins isn't really a same experience you get on a wheel. I enjoy the difficulty though and the challenge.
In the endurance tour (well, Sebring, where I tried it out, anyway) the whole thing seemed scripted enough that I'm entirely sure the difficulty didn't actually matter. There is definitely a difference between the input devices, though. And it's not that a wheel guy can't be quick but it's waaay more work. I noticed right away in our club, at first especially, the controller guys who ordinarily wouldn't were walking away from the wheel users. We're figuring things out and it's sort of shifted back a bit but the fast controller users are still noticeably faster and more consistent than the fastest wheel guys. Have also noticed with car-to-car contact, the controller guys seem to come out a lot better than us wheel users.

Still a great experience on a wheel, though, enough that it's what I've been playing mostly and how I prefer to play it. In the middle of buying/selling/moving houses right now so it's been a while and will be a couple of months yet, pretty gutted and annoyed that I'm missing out on some good events.

Anyone else noticed that the Open Tour races now take 9 minutes (like with the Featured Tour) whereas up to last month they only took about 6 minutes?
Plus there's now 18 races instead of 16. So if you want that Reventon you now need more than 3 hours...

In the endurance tour (well, Sebring, where I tried it out, anyway) the whole thing seemed scripted enough that I'm entirely sure the difficulty didn't actually matter. There is definitely a difference between the input devices, though. And it's not that a wheel guy can't be quick but it's waaay more work. I noticed right away in our club, at first especially, the controller guys who ordinarily wouldn't were walking away from the wheel users. We're figuring things out and it's sort of shifted back a bit but the fast controller users are still noticeably faster and more consistent than the fastest wheel guys. Have also noticed with car-to-car contact, the controller guys seem to come out a lot better than us wheel users.

Still a great experience on a wheel, though, enough that it's what I've been playing mostly and how I prefer to play it. In the middle of buying/selling/moving houses right now so it's been a while and will be a couple of months yet, pretty gutted and annoyed that I'm missing out on some good events.
Get that wheel hooked up!!
I wouldn't trade it for anything. The wheel and pedals are the experience. I can't go back to a controller now. :lol: I try and it's like I'm a noobie all over again. But I like Sims more anyways. Some of them like rF2 example, would be accessible or not as fun at least. I'm fine with FM being as it is. I have good competition with the AI. They have their issues but they can be capable. I like a good laid back game to have fun with sometimes.

Did a few multi-class spec races yesterday to try to get a better idea and feel for the AI. My division was the newer Mazda MX-5 cup cars and the second bucket was the Ligier LMP3s. Before these last few updates those Ligiers would be stuck behind a few of the much slower MX5 Cup cars until a nice straight away. But now they actually weeve around and even passed me on tight turns a couple of times without a touch. It was good to see their awareness and boldness when it comes to passing slower cars. I do hope we get a headlight flash feature like real life so slower cars move out the way quicker and allow the AI to do it too.

Anyone else noticed that the Open Tour races now take 9 minutes (like with the Featured Tour) whereas up to last month they only took about 6 minutes?
Plus there's now 18 races instead of 16. So if you want that Reventon you now need more than 3 hours...
I did it today, and I'd say it was close to 5 hours elapsed time to do all the opens AFK. So much waiting for menu screens to click through everything for each race. And sometimes it would be a little time between one race finishing and me having chance to go back to make it start the next one. And it locked up at the end of each series, so I had to re-start the game several times.

I feel ya, I've just moved back home, looking for a house, but at least was able to bring a series S with me, controller is not the same, I'm not so much faster in a wheel but I'm more consistent and can drive in close proximity with other cars more easily. Looking forward to getting our household contents, but it's still a couple weeks away on the high seas, plus however long it takes to find a house.

Have enjoyed the new tour so far, picked the McLaren, which has made it very easy, but it's quite fun to drive so I don't mind the lack of difficulty, first time I've smashed through a tour with such ease.

I've "done" (aka had the AI drive for me) all of the FOMO crap so far, but the Reventon might be the first one I skip. It just adds nothing to the game and if they are going to make it take even more time to get, I might not even bother.

I wish they would change the system so we can also earn the FOMO prizes from playing multiplayer. If player numbers are suffering, I see no reason to force people who would happily be populating their lobbies into single player isolation.

Back