Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,462 comments
I hope we get 100 new to FM cars with this next update 😆.
9691kq.jpg

I know it's a bit easier said than done, but I feel like T10 are still doing so little to generate any kind of excitement or interest in the game.

The return of Sunset Peninsula has been received pretty well, but they have done basically nothing to generate any hype for it. It seems like it would have been a perfect time to make some teaser pictures or a "then and now" video showing how far graphics have come and what (if anything) has been changed/updated or something.

I agree the "Challenges" are very unimaginative, but it might be intentional.

Challenge is relative and what is challenging for some may be nearly impossible for others, and still too easy and boring for others and the added depth would make them too convoluted for them to bother with. The real goal for these things is "engagement" (aka menial tasks for players to spend time doing) and if making the "Challenges" more in depth/challenging causes engagement to go down for those 2 latter groups, it would be worse for the game overall.

I've harped on the same thing a lot for FH5 as they have a similar arbitrary list of menial tasks that feels like it was constructed with RNG, but at this point I assume the bland "Challenges" are something carefully crafted through science to strike a balance where they are easy enough every moron and child can complete them, and simple enough that even people who don't want to do them go "ehh I can probably finish that in a few minutes, I guess I'll do it even though I don't want to." It's the same in other games too, so many titles out there have nonsense "dailies" that are like "play 2 matches" or whatever and they all unimaginative, tedious drivel that often gets in the way of playing the game the way you actually want to play it.

I personally don't feel like challenge is an area FM8 is lacking in though really as, like most racing games, there are plenty of ways to challenge yourself if that's really what you want. There's Rivals, Free Play, Featured Multiplayer, and tons of organized leagues to join. If you are so good that you can win Featured Multiplayer lobbies easily then you can always challenge yourself with using cars that aren't meta or using alternate pit strategies.
I agree with them needing to add more excitement to the game. At times I'm looking at this game like damn it's so bland. It's the same rotation of similar races just different divsions, no kind of weekly or monthly challenges for the career outside of this new challenge hub. The only small saving grace is the cut scene videos when doing a different race series. But other then that it would be nice to get some sneak peak videos of coming tracks, cars, in depth look at development of certain aspects of the game, etc. I know we get a video the Monday before the update drops but a video even sooner or a specific piece of what's in there with some hype building would help bring something different. We may get a sneak peak thumbnail from their Twitter in the coming days but that's usually showing nothing new.

Back