Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,655 comments
Yeah, but Forza has that strange habit of mis-numbering the production year of some cars. Gran Turismo too, come to think of it (I still remember you could get a 1991 Civic EG in GT4, which is not a thing that exists) and I really don't understand why.
It's likely to be the case of local model years for the car's market as they differ from region to region. So Forza possibly uses USA model years rather than EU.

People really need to stop harping on that. They are of course going to use assets they already have to decrease production time for each update. We get a new update every month, that's probably not long enough to model more than one new car from scratch.
I hear that you're sick of hearing people complain about that and I agree to an extent.

It also needs to be considered that there are players who have never played any Forza games before who would not have driven these cars in the previous titles.
In fairness, new to newcomers doesn't exactly mean they're new cars as a whole though.

Yeah, but Forza has that strange habit of mis-numbering the production year of some cars. Gran Turismo too, come to think of it (I still remember you could get a 1991 Civic EG in GT4, which is not a thing that exists) and I really don't understand why.
That's what I thought. The '05 WRX in both games should be an '06.
It's likely to be the case of local model years for the car's market as they differ from region to region. So Forza possibly uses USA model years rather than EU.
That's seems likely, from what I can tell the '05 that was posted is the Euro spec.

Last edited:
Yes, as a 1992 model.
That's only how US model years work. Outside the US (edit: and Canada; a penalty for doing most of your business with them), there isn't really such a thing: cars are, mostly, the years of... the year.

Here's a 1991 Honda Civic in the UK. Honda UK refers to the EG as the fifth generation, running from 1991-1995:

Last edited:
Another update with one new car. Wow
I’m surprised they aren’t bringing back more FM7 cars. Several hundred cars are missing in this reboot, and in the past 10 months they’ve only brought back a tiny handfuld. That’s the biggest wow for me.

So they’re adding the Lancer Evolution III. Now where’s my Starion? With Forza you never know. So frustrating.

Last edited:
They would have mentioned it (and paid for new voiceover lines in multiple languages) so I think visual only for now.

Wonder if there’s audio beeps in the blind assist options that can work.

That looks great, I was worried that they might half bake it, but it looks like they've taken inspiration from the other main sim's and implemented it properly.

Happy to see the Evo 3, I can never get enough of 80's and 90's consumer cars.

Gran Turismo should be pretty spot on with JDM cars, which are usually the chosen model's in that game, sometimes not for the better, GT4 and GT6 had my 2003 Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B even in a wagon form, which although nice, its engine sound is terrible compared to the USDM model which came out a year or 2 later for US 2005 MY. At least in Forza we get the EJ25, no reliability issues to contend with in a game either, maybe Assetto Corsa Evo will let us blow head gaskets on these cars. 😂

I’m surprised they aren’t bringing back more FM7 cars. Several hundred cars are missing in this reboot, and in the past 10 months they’ve only brought back a tiny handfuld. That’s the biggest wow for me.

So they’re adding the Lancer Evolution III. Now where’s my Starion? With Forza you never know. So frustrating.
My exact biggest frustration. I can kinda live with tracks coming only every other month at this point since they are way more detailed now and are fun to drive on. But the serious lack of new to FM cars and them just SLOWWWWWWLY bringing back cars from other forzas is messing it up for me. Followed by the lack of robust permanent events.

^ Not only are they bringing cars back very slowly, but it also feels like they aren't doing a great job bringing back a good variety or to fill niches or manufacturers with small lists, instead it feels like we get mostly super cars. Like this time with the Reventon, it's like the 5th Lambo we have got as a Featured/FOMO car I think, and it's just another fat understeer Lambo that doesn't offer anything that any of the Aventadurcielagos (2 of which were already recycled as Featured/FOMO cars) we already have don't already offer, other than a wacky dash I guess. There are so many cars from FM7/FH that would be more useful for more classes and fill missing spots in the car list much better to choose from.

Otherwise, cool update. All the features/fixes are pretty positive, the only asterisk being that the replay system improvements, while certainly good and it's great to see them actually making progress on the replay front, are of questionable usefulness since replays are so short and they fail to save so often. The older Evo is a nice surprise, and the CLK GTR is actually worth putting effort in to get. Radar will be great for cockpit/wheel users assuming it works right, which will be big for organized racing.

Last edited:
My bad, I can't remember too clearly, I know in any case that the spotlight cars stay after their discount, but are these spotlight cars additions at the same time to this Forza Motorsport?

(40'ish years old brain is starting to slow down.) :lol:

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to download the update yet? I just checked and there's no updates available and I can't see the new events yet 🤔

Just one "new to Forza Motorsport car" felt a bit underwhelming, but with the proximity radar and the other fixes it still feels like an okay update to me. I'm looking forward to the new track in update 11 though.

My bad, I can't remember too clearly, I know in any case that the spotlight cars stay after their discount, but are these spotlight cars additions at the same time to this Forza Motorsport?

(40'ish years old brain is starting to slow down.) :lol:
Some of the "Spotlight" cars have been new in the past, some are just cars already in the game with a discount.

This time the Evo (new) and Subaru (returning) are "new" to the game.
I'm a bit annoyed that the GT Split only affects the Multiplayer side of the game. Why can't we have this in Free-Play?
Probably the same kind of reason we couldn't hand select cars for the AI in Free Play but we could in private lobbies back in FM4, couldn't manually organize the grid in Free Play when that feature existed in multiplayer in FM7.

We will probably never know the reason why, because T10 very, very, very rarely addresses/acknowledges things like that.

Has anyone been able to download the update yet? I just checked and there's no updates available and I can't see the new events yet 🤔

Just one "new to Forza Motorsport car" felt a bit underwhelming, but with the proximity radar and the other fixes it still feels like an okay update to me. I'm looking forward to the new track in update 11 though.
It's out for Steam users apparently, but I've got nothing on Xbox either.

Sounds like it's about 10gb update.

Last edited:
I'm a bit annoyed that the GT Split only affects the Multiplayer side of the game. Why can't we have this in Free-Play?
It’ll probably come. Right now they’re fudging it in multiplayer with bespoke white listing of cars.

To make it work in other areas of the game they essentially need to build 3+ car classes (like when they added LMP3), make assets for them, rebalance AI etc.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it all comes in a future update.

Downloading on PC...

up.png

Any customization options on the Evo 3?
It's got the Rally Safari parts (snorkel and massive bull bar/mudflaps at the front) and that's pretty much it. Having the rally parts modeled kinda hints it's going to come to Horizon as well some time soon?

Last edited:
Any customization options on the Evo 3?

Just did a couple races in it for my lunch break, it's very tossable, just had to sort out the body roll a little and is a great little car to drive.

The radar is the single most important change they've made to the game since release IMO, I'm glad that it turned out the way it did, would be nice to be able to customize the colours, but otherwise its a great addition, looking forward to seeing what improvements it makes to the cleanliness of MP races, just a shame they didn't enable it by default for those that don't jump into the settings.

Back