Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,331 comments
A couple of things as I'm about to embark on a race around Le Mans in Free Play. First, I'm baffled as to why there's no Bugatti Circuit option since you can see it shaded in the track maps. Next is a visual oddity. Why does my car already have scrapes and dents when I haven't driven yet? Is that just leftover from a previous race?
I would imagine we will get Bugatti circuit later. I've seen a "community liaison" say that from their communication with T10 it was implied they are more focused on bringing back locations, with bringing back alternate layouts of existing locations lower priority right now. I was always kinda indifferent to the Bugatti circuit but it would be good for variety... At the same time though, when we get a "new track" for an update and it turns out it's just Bugatti circuit I can't help but feel like it will be kinda anticlimactic.

I'd personally like to see them alternate for updates, where one update has a new/returning location, and the next has a returning layout for an existing location. It would keep filling out the content and get us back to FM7-ish levels of content faster, and make the months where we don't get a new track seem more substantial.

I personally miss the "Alt" layout of Watkins Glen that removed the bus stop as it was more "period" feeling for stuff like Group C, and the "Alt" layout of Homestead road course that used NASCAR 3 and 4, as that would lead to better drafting opportunities. Oh, and Suzuka West as it has all of the good parts of Suzuka.

As far as the damage, that just happens sometimes, and happened in FM7 as well. My favorite was in FM7 when you would load into pitlane and your rear wing would immediately break off and fall to the ground behind the car, but I haven't seen that happen in FM8 yet. The damage usually clears when you start the practice/race.

Last edited:
Given you only post criticism & statements that misleading indicate you play the game, and also tend to only like any other post criticizing the game, gee, I wonder why one gets the impression you're only here to keep sharing your displeasure after a full year.
Who do you actually think you are? Some forum moderator with your own rulebook? There’s nothing wrong with having an opinion about a game you don’t play. There’s nothing wrong with liking posts you agree with. There’s nothing wrong with sharing displeasure after a full year. Get over yourself.

As a person who only gets to play FM on the weekends… It really stinks for me i literally miss out on everything… I wish maybe in the future they start to keep these events because some are really good and it would make the game so much better! It would literally be a different game if they kept the events and got rid of the stupid FOMO stuff… how can anybody justify this.. make a good game and people will play it!!

I would love a zero to hero narrative in FM. Start as a rookie running a junker, get money for repair/upgrades, catch the eye of sponsors, sign factory contracts, get better parts, create your own racing team, etc.

Who do you actually think you are? Some forum moderator with your own rulebook? There’s nothing wrong with having an opinion about a game you don’t play. There’s nothing wrong with liking posts you agree with. There’s nothing wrong with sharing displeasure after a full year. Get over yourself.
He's a top ranking officer of the Forza defence force, taking over from FordGTguy :lol: . For real though who wants an echo chamber of positivity? The game deserved harsh criticism as it has gotten, it's getting better which is great but it's still not where it needs to be. Criticize away, these ****ers took our hard earned money on false pretenses. T10 have consistently lied about development which awful marketing which has finally come back to bite them, hard. MS studios are going through a rough time it seems and it's a shame the once great T10 has faltered too but I'm not going to go soft on them and coddle their unfinished and rushed out game because I paid for a product that frankly wasn't what was advertised or expected from them, coming from previous and fantastic entries I'd built my expectations from.

Do I need to repurchase FM for the PC if I have the console version?
To give a slightly longer answer:

• If you own the digital version for Xbox console, then you can play that on any Xbox Series console, via xCloud game streaming, or using the Xbox App on the PC. Just connect the Xbox App on PC to your Microsoft ID which is used on your console / gamertag and you should see Forza in your library right away ready to install
  • If you want to play Forza via Steam, you need to buy a separate copy

The additional good news is that you share a saved game no matter whether you play on Xbox or via the Xbox App on PC. So you can progress the game, build your garage and finish tour events on either device.

I say this as someone who spent years playing Forza games switching between the console and PC multiple times per week.

Last edited:
He's a top ranking officer of the Forza defence force, taking over from FordGTguy :lol: . For real though who wants an echo chamber of positivity? The game deserved harsh criticism as it has gotten, it's getting better which is great but it's still not where it needs to be. Criticize away, these ****ers took our hard earned money on false pretenses. T10 have consistently lied about development which awful marketing which has finally come back to bite them, hard. MS studios are going through a rough time it seems and it's a shame the once great T10 has faltered too but I'm not going to go soft on them and coddle their unfinished and rushed out game because I paid for a product that frankly wasn't what was advertised or expected from them, coming from previous and fantastic entries I'd built my expectations from.

Umm, there's healthy criticism, and then there's obvious trolls, one who apparently has T10 living rent free in his head. Know the difference.

Umm, there's healthy criticism, and then there's obvious trolls, one who apparently has T10 living rent free in his head. Know the difference.
I don't keep up with every members past posts, the posts I saw seemed fair enough in their criticism. Playing the game would definitely help, but I don't disagree with anything he said after putting in over 100 hours into the game.

I'm on my longest break since release of the game last year. Their is simply little reward in playing anymore. Other reasons:

1.No stats.
2. If I want to compete for poduim in MP, almost any class, choices are very limited due to saturation of sweaty Miata, BRZ, P550, and Porsche GT1 users.
3. If I want to compete in rivals in any class and get a decent placement, I have to use like one of three METAs.
4. Single player is repatitive and boring all for cars that don't have a lot of customization (GT, LMP, and R Class).
5. Turn 10 has not released an update yet with more than like 3 cars and most of them have been S Class or higher.
6. Mostly all same tracks. Nothing new and probably Sunset Peninsula next which is just a cross between Daytona and Homestead.

I personally think the game is just about dead. I see mostly the same players when online. Honestly, it's very similar to where FM7 was right before FM23 release. I actually think it's worse. Hell, I can't even put on a clown suit if I want to fit my skill level.

Hate to say this but I am actually really looking forward to Solar Crown at this point for something different. I enjoy FH4 but FH5 setting is too bland and generic except the Volcano area. :Sigh:

Meh I'm still having some fun with FM. When it came out to me it was a 6 but as it stands now it's closing in on an 8. What's really holding it back to me is the lack of new, old and consistent content that would make this game great ( not a single new track yet, many missing track ribbons from past forzas, dozens-hundreds of cars still missing from past forzas and not many new cars have been added besides the car pass and autovista isnt as interactive as before either, etc), the mediocre career mode with the FOMO crap and overall sounds of cars.

Otherwise freeplay for me is where it's at I have set up numerous races and have had some decent fun with the AI most times. I'll chip away at the career every few days to unlock the car and build my credits but it does become a chore at times. I'm holding out and hoping they change some single player dynamics in the coming months but I'm really craving for fresh and content in the form of cars, tracks and more event types.

The Forza games are the only ones I've played where functional items become impossible to get after a time window. Every other game I've personally played limits it to cosmetic items.
What you personally play & haven't played however, doesn't mean other games aren't doing it as well.
There are two distinct points I want to mention here. For games that only focus on skins/cosmetics, FOMO can manipulate someone in terms of peer pressure. If you and your friends are a fan of X, and you’re the only one who didn’t get it during the event, then you’re going to stick out like a sore thumb. Many F2P games have starter/free content that looks noticeably worse than the paying content to incentivize someone to start collecting. This is again why cosmetic-only monetization is still abusive even if there is no gameplay attached to it.

For games that make use of gameplay-related FOMO, this is even worst and far more manipulative. Not having the latest characters/options puts you at a distinct disadvantage compared to others. Many of these games have some kind of PVP mode, and you will behind in the Meta if you don’t keep up. Card games like Hearthstone and Gwent turn into arms races whenever a new expansion comes out to get the new cards and start using their new effects before the meta stabilizes again. Even if there is no PVP, games like Arknights save the best abilities and unique options for their six stars. If you’re trying to build a team or strategy around a certain style, you are going to need those characters to complete it. And let’s not forget that in many of these games that tie rarity to power, you not only need one copy of that character but multiple to rank them up and fully get them powered.

From an earlier piece I wrote about gacha design, it’s never about just needing one character, but building a team, squad, whatever, for a specific strategy or playstyle. Getting 4 out of the 5 characters needed for a set or special combination is like not having anyone at all. This was the style that Marvel Strike Force went with and how the game became team synergy focused.

Many games that feature collab or seasonal events are all too happy to make those characters and unlocks powerful. In many of these games, your progress — especially at the late game — is going to be dependent on having strong units. Those powerful units will get you access to more resources, which in turn will make it easier to keep progressing. The beauty of this design is that not everyone is going to want every character unless they are playing for just collecting. However, if you need character X to complete a strategy, then you’re going to have to spend big when they are available, or you will miss out. For special collabs that may only happen once or yearly, good luck getting everything you need to fully use them during their windows without spending a lot of money.
You're right that they do, but that's negated a bit on the fact you have to do more races to get each car however.
It's not negated. I have said it's more tedious, but the fact they stay there multiple weeks giving you a chance to do them shows it's at least forgiving for not getting to it the week before.

Edit* To be clear, I'm not a fan of the game's FOMO either. But it's not "extreme" & the fact that's coming from someone with a history of misleading/incorrect statements is not surprising. I'm not going to comment further to save the thread some peace.

Last edited:
I agree with these observations. FH5 and GT7 are way ahead of FM for gameplay. But then I also felt FH4 had much better gameplay than FM7. Instead of learning and improving, FM mostly has even worse gameplay than FM7.

The Forza games are the only ones I've played where functional items become impossible to get after a time window. Every other game I've personally played limits it to cosmetic items. FM does take FOMO to a new level even for Forza in that you don't even have any possibility of getting the cars from an auction house, they are literally 100% impossible to get after the end of the availability time window.

To each their own, for me FH5 got pretty repetitive, and the FOMO mechanics in that game are far more egregious in my opinion, I haven't bothered logging onto it for sometime, I was quite happy that FM didn't follow the same structure, the 6 weeks to finish off the tours is welcome IMO.

With GT7, beside some of the issues I personally have with it (limited camera options being the biggest one), after finishing the abysmal cafe menu books (how anyone can seriously say these are an improvement over FM's career is beyond me), the weekly events don't give me much motivation to put more time in, and the pricing of cars in this game is a far more egregious problem than the Featured Tours IMO, I have no desire to grind millions of credits for a single car.

For me, the core driving feels good, and I can play with my wheel in ultra wide screen on PC. thats enough good that I play almost daily. I enjoy doing timed practice before a race. there are some aspects of this that I would have done differently, like I want better feedback on my laps, something similar to gt7 where you can see your previous lap times, how many laps you have done to test tire wear and fuel usage, sector deltas and optimal lap based on best sector times. Like I said before about how they should add a voiced race engineer,/spotter some voiced feedback during practice could be delivered this way too. Finally I think its strange that even in single player, you cannot finish the lap you are on when the timer expires.

The base game is certainly lacking content, although I have not done all the builder cups yet still since I shifted focus of my time on the weekly/monthly events. I dont think anyone really likes the FOMO aspects and how they remove added content, but the way they are delivering the content I don't really mind doing one or two events a day, and that's been enough to get the reward cars I want. There have been ones I didnt bother with since I wasnt interested, the zonda for example. I remember previous forza games getting updates towards their end of life that added all the "limited" cars to the store. To me, this should be implemented sooner rather than later, but who knows when they will do it.

GT7 doesnt have fomo in the same way FM does obviously but I think it also incentivizes you to play daily with the stingy economy and daily mileage needed to get roulette tickets for invites, etc. I do like that FM has at least implemented it where if I go on vacation for a week I dont feel like I have missed out on anything. I was still able to complete the month's event, while GT7 that week of tickets and weekly challenge rewards is "lost". I also like that even if I just want to do free play custom races or hot laps in test drive mode, I still get decent credit payouts for my time, unlike GT7. So overall I dont find any of their "tactics" to get you to play any more offensive than what PD/GT7 are doing.

I hope they can continue to add circuits. More cars are nice too but I have plenty to work with still, and I think they have plenty to pull from FH5 anyways. I hope they can find the time/budget/creativity to implement more features like I mentioned above that will make the game more unique and bring it together in a proper campaign mode, plus whatever else those who focus on multiplayer are looking for.

I must admit, I do find the timed championships quite boring at times. Perhaps what FM is lacking is that personal touch you get in GT7, for example. Each car has a history/synopsis to it. The car wash, oil change, even just seeing the car slowly driving around various vistas is somehow delightfully.... mentally soothing 😊

It's the equivalent of a car (say, the Lexus LFA or Ferrari Enzo) which are hand built and painstakingly mulled over for months versus a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 or Dodge Challenger Demon. They are all powerful and fast but the Corvette and Dodge are mass produced with less love and attention to detail that lose value over time. The LFA and Enzo gain value and more appreciation over time. Just my opinion.

after finishing the abysmal cafe menu books (how anyone can seriously say these are an improvement over FM's career is beyond me).

Well if you want to go this route, let’s be a bit more factual; the builders cup is what, maybe around 90 races in total, and that’s it; all in the same format of 24 cars of the same type and 4-6 laps mostly.

GT7, you have the licence test, the circuit experience, the 70 driving mission, 220 career mode races, and some championship so I don’t know, I was kind of let down a bit by the GT career; but after FM it feels way more substantial….

So of course FM offers you 4-8 new race every week, but they are the same boring soulless pourly crafted event everytime; the only good month was the endurance one…

FM should have a career mode like the event table in FM4, the whole thing had 1000+ races to do.

Last edited:
I must admit, I do find the timed championships quite boring at times. Perhaps what FM is lacking is that personal touch you get in GT7, for example. Each car has a history/synopsis to it. The car wash, oil change, even just seeing the car slowly driving around various vistas is somehow delightfully.... mentally soothing 😊

It's the equivalent of a car (say, the Lexus LFA or Ferrari Enzo) which are hand built and painstakingly mulled over for months versus a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 or Dodge Challenger Demon. They are all powerful and fast but the Corvette and Dodge are mass produced with less love and attention to detail that lose value over time. The LFA and Enzo gain value and more appreciation over time. Just my opinion.
You are correct in that FM seems too impersonal in the subject of the cars themselves. However, we used to have this in FM4:

And IMO, it blew its contemporary GT games then (presentation wise) and certainly all subsequent FM games... sigh.

Last edited:
To be fair, though, only a small minority of cars in FM4 had the full "Forzavista" treatment. However, it was a very nice touch and something that FM5 and FM6 did very well, albeit minus Clarkson as the narrator.

I don't know why they stopped. Laziness? Can't be funds, I wouldn't have thought. Perhaps a reduction in the player base and so thought it wasn't worth it any longer? But then, in other ways, things have improved so I don't know why they got rid of something that was clearly popular...

You are correct in that FM seems too impersonal in the subject of the cars themselves. However, we used to have this in FM4:

And IMO, it blew its contemporary GT games then (presentation wise) and certainly all subsequent FM games... sigh.

That was good but it was only for 20 cars.

Forza Motorsport 6 had voiceover for all cars, I reckon Forza Motorsport cut it due to cost, scope and "is it really worth it". One thing to keep in mind is that you’re not doing VO once, you’re doing it at least 5 times due to localisation.

Last edited:
To be fair, though, only a small minority of cars in FM4 had the full "Forzavista" treatment. However, it was a very nice touch and something that FM5 and FM6 did very well, albeit minus Clarkson as the narrator.

I don't know why they stopped. Laziness? Can't be funds, I wouldn't have thought. Perhaps a reduction in the player base and so thought it wasn't worth it any longer? But then, in other ways, things have improved so I don't know why they got rid of something that was clearly popular...
Unfortunately, they likely stopped for the same reason only certain cars initially had it. Time consuming & probably costly to have a narrator describe the tons of cars the roster started jumping to, when most people probably won't listen to it.

If they were to consider doing this again, they'd need to take a page out of Polyphony's book; one of their major strengths is, undeniably, consistency across the model presentation.

Well, people still kept buying more GT games, even when GT6 had some really old PS2 models (the "standards") and cars with no modelled interiors whatsoever. I'm not a GT hater, I played through the PlayStation 1-2 era and GT6 too, I just wanted to point that out.
It was called Autovista then, and really only a select few cars should get that royal treatment, I'm not interested in the thorough explanation of a Dodge Neon or a Ford Fiesta, for example.

I wish the career was better than this,due to how tedious and boring it is,i play FM2005 career and its enjoyable.
Putting the fomo system on FM2023 was a big mistake

This game has a big potential but im still not sure about the future of the game.

Well if you want to go this route, let’s be a bit more factual; the builders cup is what, maybe around 90 races in total, and that’s it; all in the same format of 24 cars of the same type and 4-6 laps mostly.

GT7, you have the licence test, the circuit experience, the 70 driving mission, 220 career mode races, and some championship so I don’t know, I was kind of let down a bit by the GT career; but after FM it feels way more substantial….

So of course FM offers you 4-8 new race every week, but they are the same boring soulless pourly crafted event everytime; the only good month was the endurance one…

FM should have a career mode like the event table in FM4, the whole thing had 1000+ races to do.

• Licence test, I know some people like them, for me it's a means to an end, I've done them in so many GT's they are a pain in the backside IMO
  • Circuit Experience, it's been a while since I've done this, it's just time-trial right? Nothing ground-breaking.

Then it comes down to driving missions and career mode races, I don't care that much for the driving missions, but I can see why some may find them fun. The career mode races on the other hand, aren't really races are they? You start from the back 30 seconds behind, overtaking AI that are all doing 5s per lap slower than you.

That's my point, GT7's AI is so pathetic that the races are meaningless, as much as FM has samey samey events, they are at least interesting to me because for 90% of the time I'm actually competing against an AI, at the end of most races I can look at the best-lap column and I'm usually within about 1-1.5s above/below of the top 5 AI drivers, that's the definition of "gameplay" for me in a racing game, I want to compete against other cars, and not the clock.

Anyway...

This month's featured tour finishes on the 11th Sept, the Camaro is coming on Monday the 9th along with a new update, we get no track this month, what are we hoping for in terms of new cars?

We haven't seen a TC car for a while, would be nice to get something new in the roster, and obviously the GT4 class is woefully empty, would love to see something extra in this class, as I actually found GT4 highly enjoyable despite the lack of cars.

Slightly off-topic, Moza has released the ES-X wheel standalone last week, I've been tossing up what DD to buy as I was planning on replacing my T300 this year, as soon as this became available I ordered it right away, even though I play on PC with ultrawide, I've thought about simplifying my setup and racing primarily on Xbox/PS with a 4k monitor. With that in mind, also ordered an R12 base, which has the pedal port in the back, meaning it can plug directly into the Xbox, very excited to get this all up and running, unfortunately my rig is stuck in a shipping container so I'll likely be desk mounting until I can get it out. PS support is secondary for me so will pickup a Ras1ution for that, I know it's not perfect but it should do until/if Moza ever release a PS compatible rim.

Back