Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,349 comments
What a disappointment on the content side of things. The Artura is cool I guess although I probably won't use it for anything, but the Lambo is just an absolute joke. You can spend less than 60 seconds looking at the FM7 car list (nevermind FH5 or older games) and find half a dozen mid-engine cars that would actually add something interesting/unique to the game, yet we get another boring Lambo variant.

I understand licensing is complicated and maybe Lamborghini is just easy to work with, but seriously what a letdown, and hopefully not the start of a trend of getting convertible variants of cars we already have. One car being a massive disappointment wouldn't be as much of a letdown if they weren't so stingy with cars, but when our new content is so limited they need to make sure it's actually good.

The weather stuff is an improvement overall, but kinda funny they literally copy and pasted the list from FM7 that mentions lightning conditions but those don't exist in FM8. Kinda disappointing, you can only choose between "Variable Dry" and "Variable Wet" and each one is limited to about half of the available options, so you can't do something like make it start sunny, then get cloudy, then start raining at the end (like you could in FM7). Sadly no changes to how aggressive the transitions are as the track still goes from dry to full wet in about 20 seconds. Still a pretty limited system, definitely an improvement over what we had but hopefully it gets updated again, as really the weather system in FM8 a year after launch should be better than what we had 7 years ago or whatever with FM7, not almost as good.

Not sure the Touring Car/GT4 rotation is a very good thing, especially since we didn't get a new GT4 car (even the boring GT4 Cayman would have been 100x more useful than the Huracan). The GT4 class is kind of a farce right now, only 3 cars with both of the actual GT4 cars sped up to try to balance them to the VLN Audi TT, which kinda makes no sense and really comes at the expense of the GT4 character. Unless you drive the Audi, the driving experience in GT4 is nothing like the Touring Cars, so I'm guessing the regular TC guys are going to be disappointed. Really, GT4 should be scrapped until they have enough GT4 cars in the game to both make it an actual GT4-ish class and rebalance it so they actually drive like GT4 cars.

The Formula Mazda shuffle could be good though, but really they should focus on running the spec race cars, like the Huracan ST, 488 Challenge, MX5 Cup, Ginettas, and so on. If they just rotate in the random street car spec builds then big meh, as most of those builds I have tried haven't driven very well or provided good racing (although a few were pretty good, like the Mustang) and in the case of the "Rivals Month" ones, also weren't balanced well.

The Challenge Hub is a positive change, although I'm not really looking forward to having to drive in the Open series with all the meta cars and stuff, would prefer it if it was just for playing any Featured Multiplayer. Was kinda hoping it would be a mix and match thing, where you could do the multiplayer one week, then if you don't like the rotation for the next week, could go back to having the AI grind for you. The "Challenge" ones are funny though, buy a nearly 300k credit Ferrari and drive it for 20 laps for 25k credits! Also doing 5 races without an FRR penalty in multiplayer should pay waaaaay more than 25k credits given that you often receive penalty time for getting rammed.

Spectate mode is nice and all but I suspect a large portion of the playerbase will never use it. Something like manual grid order would have been a better addition as it would work for both private multiplayer AND free play (logically anyways, but knowing T10...). People in the organized league community begged and pleaded for manual grid order for years and it's something that was utilized on a weekly basis since its introduction in FM6, how we are a year into the launch of FM8 and still don't have it back is beyond me.

Last edited:
Well, I've been playing the Jordan Luka series in
Hakone, Silverstone and Catalunya so far
and the car is surprisingly balanced and fun.

And I have to note the performance on PC, which may have improved in Nvidia cards that can do full reflections and RTAO: 110 to 140 fps on average depending on the track and conditions (practice, start of the race, etc.) without hitches or stutters that I can see, and also, better denoising all around. And that's at 1440p at high settings without using any image scaling.

Last edited:
Well, I've been playing the Jordan Luka series in
Hakone, Silverstone and Catalunya so far
and the car is surprisingly balanced and fun.

And I have to note the performance on PC, which may have improved in Nvidia cards that can do full reflections and RTAO: 110 to 140 fps on average depending on the track and conditions (practice, start of the race, etc.) without hitches or stutters that I can see, and also, better denoising all around. And that's at 1440p at high settings without using any image scaling.
The tracks are listed in the patch notes. The races are ridiculously short which is irritating.

Anyway...:
My name is Luka
20240909_215236.jpg

I live on the second floor.

Update made my Series X crash, had to reinstall the whole 136Gb 🙃
I've posted about this before, assuming you get the same thing that happens to me, the download will be stuck on "starting download" or whatever it says but it won't actually start downloading anything. Don't restart console as that will force you to redownload the whole game.

Instead, pause the download, which may take several attempts (try using both "Pause All" and pausing the individual download) and when it changes to say "Paused" under the Forza update, manually resume the update and it should start downloading.

This happened to me about... 5 updates ago? I live in the country so it took me about 8 hours to redownload the game and made me miss a league race. This has happened to me every update since then, and using this method has worked for me every time so I haven't had to redownload the game again.

I know it can happen but the console crashed precisely when I tried to pause the Download. There is no harm really since I have 1gb fiber but still not pleased by the whole crashing the console thing .

I don’t think the update pays proper respect to the mid-engine concept with these two new cars. Sure, they are mid-engined but they are also supercars, which makes the position of their engines quite unsurprising.

The theme could have been way more interesting if they had chosen cars where the mid-engine concept helps making the car stand out, like the Ford RS200 for example.

What happened to the enthusiastic car people at Turn 10? It really doesn’t get more generic than a Lamborghini Huracan when the game already has several of these.
A Spyder version of a car already in game?
What a joke.
It brings back bad memories of the FH4 Car Pass, which introduced a number of roadster versions of cars already in the game. Hopefully this game won’t get into the same habit
They said "by the end of the year".
Ok.

One positive I can say so far is that the AI is nearly perfect now, still see a random brake check here and there but not as much. They are so much more composed and much less contact between them and me while racing now, this is how it should be. I have to actually fight to maintain my position now while not worrying about them smacking into me and they keep pace even better than before.
I wouldn't go that far. Yes they are slightly more behaved at the start but during the rest of the race they still are doing very stupid things. How hard is it to fix the brake check problem? If you're 4 or 5 car lengths behind them, they don't do it. If you're within 2 car lengths, they do it. TURN THAT OFF!!!

As for the rest of the update, I ran three races and used the new dynamic weather system. In one race I went partly cloudy, to cloudy, to thunderclouds and in another race thunderclouds to cloudy to clear. It was neat how the environment changed for each situation. I liked it.

Has anyone else seen a different homepage car in their garage at startup? I've seen either the C8 Corvette Stingray or the Ferrari 458 instead of my regular Lexus LFA. Once I hit "play" from the intro screen it switches back to my LFA.

I wouldn't go that far. Yes they are slightly more behaved at the start but during the rest of the race they still are doing very stupid things. How hard is it to fix the brake check problem? If you're 4 or 5 car lengths behind them, they don't do it. If you're within 2 car lengths, they do it. TURN THAT OFF!!!

As for the rest of the update, I ran three races and used the new dynamic weather system. In one race I went partly cloudy, to cloudy, to thunderclouds and in another race thunderclouds to cloudy to clear. It was neat how the environment changed for each situation. I liked it.

Has anyone else seen a different homepage car in their garage at startup? I've seen either the C8 Corvette Stingray or the Ferrari 458 instead of my regular Lexus LFA. Once I hit "play" from the intro screen it switches back to my LFA.
I don't know my experience was different but I did about six races using Forza GT division with different cars and tracks each time and they were behaving a lot better, clean racing each time. I will try a few other divisions like prototypes and slower cars to know for sure. And I have seen a different car pop up in my beginning screen too at times until I hit play. My main car is the Cadillac DPi but its been a Corvette too

That's been happening to me periodically over the week or two, like a random car. Off the top of my head, I can think of an Alfa Romeo and a BMW.

I'm on PC. The beginning of races, on the Start Race/Event/Car screen are an absolute stutter and freeze fest. Can't even move the selector. Didn't change any graphics settings. Restarted the game to no avail. Yikes. Am I the only one?
The races are fine. :irked:

Last edited:
I'm on PC. The beginning of races, on the Start Race/Event/Car screen are an absolute stutter and freeze fest. Can't even move the selector. Didn't change any graphics settings. Restarted the game to no avail. Yikes. Am I the only one?
The races are fine. :irked:
No problems on my side, but what are your specs/drivers?

The funny thing is Lamborghini is somehow both under and over representated in Forza games; There's so many models I would like to see (350GT/400GT, Islero, Urraco, periscopo Countach, Jalpa (it really needs to come back), Diablo SE30, Murcielago R-GT/SV-R, Huracan Sterrato or an actual GT3 Huracan and not just the Trofeo) being added to the franchise, yet there's 11 Aventador based models in FH5 and now 7 variants of the Huracan...

season 1 friends GIF

The funny thing is Lamborghini is somehow both under and over representated in Forza games; There's so many models I would like to see (350GT/400GT, Islero, Urraco, periscopo Countach, Jalpa (it really needs to come back), Diablo SE30, Murcielago R-GT/SV-R, Huracan Sterrato or an actual GT3 Huracan and not just the Trofeo) being added to the franchise, yet there's 11 Aventador based models in FH5 and now 7 variants of the Huracan...

season 1 friends GIF
It's the brand's marketing these days, unfortunately. Anything that gets the latest models out in the media sphere, the company will agree to it b/c they feel the publicity/partnerships are worth it, I suppose.

I mean, the Temerario launched on August 16th & 2 days later, Lamborghini revealed the car would making its video game debut in... Roblox.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Last edited:
The content in this update is indeed not exactly what most of us hoped for. The Artura is a good inclusion, but the Huracán EVO Spyder just belongs in Horizon.

Having said that, I am happy with the weather options and custom starting time in Free Play. I also think the challenge hub is really good, and being able to get reward cars by completing online races will be good for those who prefer online racing.

Over the past days I’ve done quite a bit of GTE free play races in the Vantage and I had a great time. Fundamentally this game is really good and bit by bit it’s getting better. Some months more than others.

But yeah, they need to step up their game for new car releases.

According to Kudosprime, there's 6 Huracáns in Forza Motorsport.

5 MX-5s

8 Skylines (9 Nissan GT-Rs)

10 Mustangs
Similar opinions can be found on other websites such as reddit, but many of these models, such as the Skyline and MX-5, are from different generations.

For example, the E30 M3 and G80 M3 are both "BMW M3", but no one would say that these two models are "the same car."

The tendency for models of the same generation to have a large number of variants is seen in a very small number of models, such as certain Lambos, Porsches, and Mustangs...

If you compare the ~11 years of the Huracan as Lamborghini's sports car with Ferrari it's quite interesting.

2013-2024 we got just the Huracan variants:
1725965290219.png

In comparison, over that same period from 2013-2024 Ferrari was making the 458 Italia/Spider, 458 Speciale, 488 GTB/Spider, 488 Pista, F8 Tributo/Spider and 296 GTB/GTS.
1725965425018.png

So 6 Hurcans is equivalent to getting one of each type of Ferrari over the same period.

I haven't even completed either of the Open Class or Road to Race series from the last update, which is unusual for me. It's just become too much of a grind. FH5 I can complete and get the seasonal car in less than an hour. FM I have to invest several hours in two different series of races to get 2 cars.

I understand it's two different concepts, but it's getting redundant to only get 2 cars each update, meanwhile we get 4-5 in FH5 every month. We know it's possible and yes, there has been a ridiculous amount of Huracans lately, there are so many other cars that could add or bring back.

I think I'll just take me time with it and just get the cars through the challenge hub or wait on them to come back around permanently in the Builder's Cup. For once I'm glad I didn't purchase the game, just the add-ons and I'm even starting to regret that at this point, the only thing that made that worth it was actual new cars to the game from the Car Pass, IMO.

The AI still needs work, but seeing these changes does at least seem to make it better. I'm going to withhold judgement until I actually play with the new update.

It appears they have fixed the quick copy controls in the paint shop again, so that is positive. Unfortunately, they haven't fixed the vinyl groups loading slowly or the thumbnails for your vinyl groups sometimes not appearing.

On XSX I've been getting a sound hiccup on race launch for the first gear change in probably about a third of the races I've run so far. Not a big deal but sometimes it makes me think I missed the shift or something for a split second.

Also I noticed they haven't put up one of those poll things on the official forum asking for feedback about the update since update 9... One of the questions was always "What did you think about the value of earning the (whatever FOMO car) for completing the Featured Tour?" and I would be interested to see how the Huracan was received there...'

Also, speaking of the forum, I signed up for the Insider thing like 2 weeks ago or whatever it has been now, still can't access the Insider forum, just tells me I don't have permission to view the threads.
Having said that, I am happy with the weather options and custom starting time in Free Play.
Custom starting time has always been there though? Unless I'm misunderstanding something in which case ignore me.
If T10 expects people to do an open class series every month, they could at least throw us a bone and add some new lower - mid class cars to the game.

And I can't lie, I was a little disappointed with the new weather options in free play, can't do wet, dry, wet. Meh.
Yeah some new featured cars during the weeks would really make "engaging" with the career/featured lobbies more interesting. As I said earlier in the thread, when the only new content is locked behind a grind and a time-gated grind, it really doesn't make it feel like there is actually any new content to make the game feel fresh when you fire it up after an update.

Will have to do some testing with the new weather stuff, but you should be able to get dry conditions at least at the start of wet races by setting it to "Overcast Wet." I know it has "wet" in the name, but it's actually not wet at all and slicks are the optimal tire, and in the little bit of running I have done in that condition since the update it appears that hasn't changed. Will need to test how it interacts with existing wet track though.

In FM7, the track would only begin to dry if all rain stopped completely. For example, if it was heavy rain, then changed to light rain, the racing surface would still hold water like it was heavy rain and wouldn't dry out at all or speed up, and the puddles wouldn't go away. I don't know if that's the case in the new game yet, and if it is, I don't know if "Overcast Wet" causes it to hold the moisture, will have to test that out later. If "Overcast Wet" does maintain moisture then you are correct and yeah that would be very disappointing.

Last edited:
Back