Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
That's exactly it. Why the hell do they think this hopper will be fun and successful with just two measly GT4 cars ( I'm not counting that Audi because it's not a real GT4 car). The series has at least 20 more cars they can choose from dating back about 10 years...ADD MORE T10!
For me the worst part is they sped up the GT4 cars to be on pace with the SP3T Audi, taking away a big part of what makes the GT4 cars unique and making the class feel like "GT3 Lite" instead of actual GT4. The Ginetta vs the KTM could be a fun pairing to rotate through the Featured Spec thing occasionally while they build up the class. I won't be surprised if it returns basically exactly like it is plus a few cars.

I do genuinely like the Audi a lot though. It's an excellent car for racing because of the way it splits the difference between something like a TCR car and a GT car. At low speeds it drives like a touring car on steroids a bit, requiring finesse and proper use of FWD corner lines, but at higher speeds all the downforce means no understeer and more normal cornering lines, and mid-speed corners it kinda meets in the middle and can run multiple lines, which is great for racing. The finesse required in low speed stuff and FWD tire wear also means it's an interesting car for tire strategy races. It would be a fantastic car to go into the spec rotation in place of the Formula Mazda.

Since T10 can never get current race cars anyway, I'd still like to see the Camaro and last gen Mustang GT4s added. They would help to fill out the class, and also serve as a fun Ford vs Chevy rivalry thing. Also, with Bathurst coming, I highly doubt we get the Gen3 cars so we could at least use the GT4 models as a stand-in for the Supercars that would be a bit friendlier to all skill levels.

Last edited:
Since T10 can never get current race cars anyway, I'd still like to see the Camaro and last gen Mustang GT4s added. They would help to fill out the class, and also serve as a fun Ford vs Chevy rivalry thing. Also, with Bathurst coming, I highly doubt we get the Gen3 cars so we could at least use the GT4 models as a stand-in for the Supercars that would be a bit friendlier to all skill levels.
This is a great suggestion - the Camaro GT4 car in ACC is one of my favourite, dare I say "alternative" entries among the usual Porsche/McLaren etc suspects. It's a hugely characterful thing and great fun to hustle around Mt Panorama.

For me the worst part is they sped up the GT4 cars to be on pace with the SP3T Audi, taking away a big part of what makes the GT4 cars unique and making the class feel like "GT3 Lite" instead of actual GT4. The Ginetta vs the KTM could be a fun pairing to rotate through the Featured Spec thing occasionally while they build up the class. I won't be surprised if it returns basically exactly like it is plus a few cars.

I do genuinely like the Audi a lot though. It's an excellent car for racing because of the way it splits the difference between something like a TCR car and a GT car. At low speeds it drives like a touring car on steroids a bit, requiring finesse and proper use of FWD corner lines, but at higher speeds all the downforce means no understeer and more normal cornering lines, and mid-speed corners it kinda meets in the middle and can run multiple lines, which is great for racing. The finesse required in low speed stuff and FWD tire wear also means it's an interesting car for tire strategy races. It would be a fantastic car to go into the spec rotation in place of the Formula Mazda.

I have been wanting them to add the Camaro GT4 car in this game along with the Mustang GT4. They add those and bring back the Maserati Trofeo and Cayman 718 Clubsport GT4 then we can have a solid class of GT4 cars at least.

Last edited:
Well, I think the force feedback is good and I compare to Assetto Corsa and ACC. It's not as detailed as those titles, but it's not bad at all in my opinion. I haven't played GT7, so I can't compare to that title. I play on a Thrustmaster TS-XW belt driven wheel.

The problem is, just like he mentioned in the video, that it's very hard to dial in the settings, with all the sliders. That means many players are driving with settings that doesn't give them the best FFB experience.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but you're very welcome to explain if you want to 😊

FM '23 gets better each update and the game is in a much better state now compared to launch. It's just sometimes frustrating how slow the improvement process is. Also, the cadence with which they've been adding new and returning cars the last few months is far from ideal.
Fingers crossed, with the increased development activity and after that roadmap, the number of cars each month will hopefully increase soon, maybe even from next month.

Our league is getting ready to start a Ginetta G40 Junior season this coming week, and I've been putting together liveries to give out to people too lazy to paint, because pretend race car events are a little more fun when the pretend cars actually have liveries like real race cars do.

The Ginetta is a fun little car to paint, so I've gone a little overboard. Besides the baby GT liveries I posted before, it's surprising how many liveries from other cars you can make work on it.

I made a BRE Datsun 240Z inspired one as a pre-season testing car, a pair of modern and '90s throwback Roth Enterprises World of Outlaws liveries for a team, Rad Racer title screen livery, and an Aussie inspired Donut King livery that have all been claimed.
Ginetta BRE.jpg
Ginetta Roth M.jpg
Ginetta Roth V.jpg
Ginetta RR.jpg
Ginetta Donut King.jpg

Then unclaimed so far I have I have a Norton Nissan V8 Supercar, gold Mobil 1 50th anniversary, Ded Bull spoof, Texaco, and Norm MacDonald Dollar Shave Club livery all sitting about half done, as well as Shell and Simpsons Mr. Sparkle liveries that are complete.

Ginetta Norton.jpg
Ginetta Mobil 1 50th.jpg
Ginetta Ded Bull Retro.jpg

Ginetta Havoline.jpg
Ginetta Norm DSC.jpg

Ginetta Shell.jpg
Ginetta Mr Sparkle.jpg

We run Monday nights at 9pm Eastern, if anyone is interested let me know, there is still time to get in before the season starts, and you are welcome to join mid-season as well.

Speaking of GT4 I've managed to get the Porsche Cayman GT4 RS we have in game in freeplay mode to at least help bulk up the "division". The Cayman already is in S class just like the other GT4 cars so I turned down the power levels and front grip of the KTM and Ginetta just a touch and dropped the grip levels and power of the Audi even more so it's more in line with the other cars. Played with the PI levels of each too so everything is within 50PI points of each other and it works. One bucket of 6 cars each is for Caymans, Ginettas, KTMs and Audi's and after doing two races the cars all seem balanced to each other, might have to tweak the Cayman and Audi just a little more so they dont fly away on straights but it works for tighter circuits. For now I will use this to get by until we get more GT4 cars.

Edit: I might try to sneak the BMW M4 GTS into this mix too if I can play around more on freeplay. That would add even more fun and options to this custom class set up

Last edited:
Forgot that FM7 had a GT4 model Cayman that FM doesn’t, an odd car not to make the crossover.

Would love for more GT4 cars to make it in, it’s become a really healthy and varied category.
I'm a big fan of GT4 and the such. I hope they add more of 'em!
Speaking of GT4 I've managed to get the Porsche Cayman GT4 RS we have in game in freeplay mode to at least help bulk up the "division". The Cayman already is in S class just like the other GT4 cars so I turned down the power levels and front grip of the KTM and Ginetta just a touch and dropped the grip levels and power of the Audi even more so it's more in line with the other cars. Played with the PI levels of each too so everything is within 50PI points of each other and it works. One bucket of 6 cars each is for Caymans, Ginettas, KTMs and Audi's and after doing two races the cars all seem balanced to each other, might have to tweak the Cayman and Audi just a little more so they dont fly away on straights but it works for tighter circuits. For now I will use this to get by until we get more GT4 cars.

Edit: I might try to sneak the BMW M4 GTS into this mix too if I can play around more on freeplay. That would add even more fun and options to this custom class set up
Wait, you can change the AI car's stats? Can you please tell me how to do this? :D

I'm a big fan of GT4 and the such. I hope they add more of 'em!

Wait, you can change the AI car's stats? Can you please tell me how to do this? :D
No not the stats per say but in freeplay there's a handicap section where you can lower the power level, front and rear end grip. So say you have a 550hp GT3 car, if you drop its power handicap to around .075 it then makes its horsepower around 485-500hp. It takes some tweaking, testing and telemetry watching but once you get close lap times to other cars then it's done. Then save that set up. Ive done this with the Aston Valkyrie AMR Pro to fit into Forza Proto-H too but that one was a bit more difficult since that Aston wants to quickly get up to 200+ on the straights.

Back