Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,498 comments
In that scene at Road Atlanta we can see that only your car benefits from the full highlights, but not the other cars, just partially. Also, other spots on the track with the same angle won't be as striking. That is what bothers me because GT and FH5 can do it consistently.
This is true, both GT7 and FH5 does it better.
And I often wonder with what GPUs they rendered the trailers because RTX's 4090 (RX's 6900-6800?) was not around development time.
It was probably not real time.

I don't have a console to compare against, but I haven't seen a huge difference when I've watched people streaming the console version. I don't even personally play with RT on, because it just doesn't make any worthwhile difference that I can see, it still looks worse with RT on than FH5 does without RT. Note, though, that I didn't say the game isn't better on PC, I was speculating they don't want to make the game massively better on PC than console. E.g. they'll let you run at 99fps in multiplayer on PC vs 60fps on console - better, but not massively better.
To me the difference is big. I also don't have a console but a poster send me some pics to compare at launch. And the pc version improved alot after launch which made the difference bigger. i don't have the latest version for the console so keep that in mind when seeing the difference in lighting and color temp.

Left Xbox series X in visual mode (30fps highest quality graphics) vs right pc maxed out
62.jpg

63.jpg

As you can see there is a massive difference in textures, grass, reflections, image quality and draw distance. And im not even counting the higher fps shadow update and higher fps reflections, which makes it look even better in motion. And keep in mind that this is all against the 30fps mode. In the other 2 modes the difference is even bigger.

They have improved the pc version massively compared to launch. The game looks alot better and runs better.

Left launch vs right update 12
66.jpg

You say that, but for me the modelling and physics teams are doing excellent work. The driving experience (especially on a controller) is a clear step up from any previous FM. It's more the game around it which has been the weaker link.
I'll agree with that, but I'm more referring to the everything else like you say.

This is true, both GT7 and FH5 does it better.

It was probably not real time.

To me the difference is big. I also don't have a console but a poster send me some pics to compare at launch. And the pc version improved alot after launch which made the difference bigger. i don't have the latest version for the console so keep that in mind when seeing the difference in lighting and color temp.

Left Xbox series X in visual mode (30fps highest quality graphics) vs right pc maxed out
62.jpg

63.jpg

As you can see there is a massive difference in textures, grass, reflections, image quality and draw distance. And im not even counting the higher fps shadow update and higher fps reflections, which makes it look even better in motion. And keep in mind that this is all against the 30fps mode. In the other 2 modes the difference is even bigger.

They have improved the pc version massively compared to launch. The game looks alot better and runs better.

Left launch vs right update 12
66.jpg
I hope the next update brings some more embellishments. At least the captures they are using now for promotion resemble real, reproducible game conditions. I also think that the game could benefit from lens flares, which, while not realistic, could help to bring some pop to the visuals (and they could be an optional feature).

Does anyone know if they bring back spotlight cars? I missed the CLK-GTR when they had it but I was under the impression that it would be available after the next update to purchase as regular for some reason.

You say that, but for me the modelling and physics teams are doing excellent work. The driving experience (especially on a controller) is a clear step up from any previous FM. It's more the game around it which has been the weaker link.

Agreed, although I don't care as much for the "game around it" part as much as some, I quite like FM8 structure.

I did go back and reinstall FM7 in the weekend to put a few laps on Bathurst, I could only manage a few laps, the handling really is a step down and not engaging compared to FM8, it is a shame that for the 2nd year in a row FM is out during Bathurst weekend but the track still isn't here, bring on December I guess.

Agreed, although I don't care as much for the "game around it" part as much as some, I quite like FM8 structure.

I did go back and reinstall FM7 in the weekend to put a few laps on Bathurst, I could only manage a few laps, the handling really is a step down and not engaging compared to FM8, it is a shame that for the 2nd year in a row FM is out during Bathurst weekend but the track still isn't here, bring on December I guess.
Oh, that reminds me that I can do a custom race in Panorama in Grid Legends. I hope there are big improvements to AI in Forza when Bathurst comes in December, because right now I would dread the hill.

Back