Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,596 comments

Well the track update is good
Hope one day spa got a update.

Yes, I noticed that many lights (headlights, taillights and track lighting) now have a twinkle and shimmer that they didn't have before. Try Sunset Peninsula at night with clear weather and you'll see.
Played with friends and yeah i noticed that,i had good time to drift and race on Sunset Peninsula also the spectator mode is great too(first time i used it).

So...not only do they bring Mustang month, but they bring the Dark Horse, Cobra R, '67 GT500 and Trans Am Mustang along with it. Yep, I'm definitely finding the time to play during this update. The Cobra R and GT500 make it worth it to me.
shocked philip j fry GIF

After spending most of my time with the Series X yesterday, I can confidently say that Performance RT is now the best visual mode available, and I recommend anyone with a gaming TV with good HDR to test it.

And the AI has improved to the point that you can have legitimately fun races with them, and they will catch and pass you if you lose pace.

After spending most of my time with the Series X yesterday, I can confidently say that Performance RT is now the best visual mode available, and I recommend anyone with a gaming TV with good HDR to test it.

And the AI has improved to the point that you can have legitimately fun races with them, and they will catch and pass you if you lose pace.
The AI seem faster and more competitive now which is good but yet again I have still seen some crazy mistakes. Bunching up after some starts and running off track at times for no reason. Not as much as before but after half a dozen AI updates I would think this would be fully squashed.

It can look rough during night races, esp in the wet though. I was pretty shocked, made me think of how Project Cars 2s graphics also suffer during night races. (*This was before the update, so don't know if they've managed to improve things)

Last edited:
Was there any undocumented changes to physics? I could be wrong but it feels like stock tires grip more and body roll is much stronger prior to new update 🤔

Update is cool and all, but the situation with come-and-go mechanics just got even worse.

The 2015 Formula Drift Mustang is apparently exclusive to the Challenge Hub, and while the requirements are easy, it's still possible to miss out on it, without it ever coming to the Showroom and as a rental car in Free Play.

That aside, the Acura Integra, Chevy C7.R and Pagani Huayra R all roar like thunder now and I'm enjoying the new and modern Sunset Peninsula. Gives me some form of FM4 nostalgia.
The 2025 Formula Drift #13 Ford Mustang was added to the Showroom for 205,000 CR along with the other three FD cars yesterday. The #13 can also be earned as a reward from the Challenge Hub if you want to save some credits, but it'll still be available to collect from the Showroom at any time.

The Alpine for this weekend's GP promoting upcoming Indiana Jones game. (It's an Alpine, not a McLaren with BWT stickers:lol:)
1977ecf410.webp

I don't know what reasons there are for this car not to be in Forza whit this livery or the original blue/pink.

In previous Forza games we had the Renault and the Lotus.

Last edited:
Was there any undocumented changes to physics? I could be wrong but it feels like stock tires grip more and body roll is much stronger prior to new update 🤔
Somebody else mentioned the same thing and to me cars do feel a little more grippy? I guess that's the word. Something definitely feels a little tweaked in the grip/physics department.

The trees in those comparison shots are really improved. That was one area in the new graphics which still didn't look so good at launch, so I'm happy to see it.

I suspected the 12-month watermark was when we were going to see more content-packed updates. While I don't expect update 14 to bring another boatload of new-to-FM23 cars, it'd seem that I've been vindicated by this Mustang Bonanza.

Alas, my Xbox decided it would much rather download the whole game again this time around. Should be done by now... I'm really looking forward to giving the old Trans Am Boss a spin 'round Laguna Seca, and comparing its mouthfeel with Pessio's excellent unlicensed Assetto Corsa rendition... I may or may not do a couple of historic liveries for it, as well. After all, I've plenty of reference pictures already.

Last edited:
I don't know what reasons there are for this car not to be in Forza whit this livery or the original blue/pink.

In previous Forza games we had the Renault and the Lotus.
Licensing is why.

There was a post on Reddit that claimed Formula 1 will only license 1 car per game outside their officially licensed games, but IDK if that's the complete case (a question probably best answered by @PJTierney if he can reveal such info).

^^^^^ Maybe they should dial back the graphics as this is the first time I've witnessed performance hiccups in a Forza game during a race (menus are a different story), I've always admired T10 for that. 🙁

Latest Posts

Back