Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,682 comments
"I’m Nick Wiswell, Audio Director at Turn 10 Studios, and today I want to give you all some details on the audio changes you will hear in Forza Motorsport with the release of Update 13, Mustang Month, and our plans for future updates"...including our work for the Lancia Stratos :D - I can dream

I first met him when I was at Bizarre Creations working on the Project Gotham Racing games
Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

@McLaren Get in here.

The communication this team is giving lately deserves a lot of praise. Thank you Audio Director Nick for that feedback regarding car audio. I think at this point nothing else needs to be said about car sounds, we just have to let these guys cook and put our ears to the test each update going forward.

Last edited:
Something internally must've changed. T10 used to not be transparent about much of, well, anything. It's nice to see and i hope it continues.

Sounds like a plan. I hope they can make these improvements work and build up trust between T10 and dissatisfied members of the community.

Last edited:
empty GIF

Regarding the audio, the 1 thing that does kind of irk me is that the interior/bonnet cams seem more muted than in FM7. But, improving the sounds is always good regardless.
Well, I'm thinking that they are mimicking the sound insulation of the car (which should be stripped when you remove weight), but also your avatar is wearing a helmet!

It's still not ACC or anything but I think an update to DTS X improved the sound on my end where at least now my car's sound isn't drowned out and I can use the cockpit view.

'Spooky season' in the challenge hub may be a little broken, as I did the rival event and beat one rival +500 players but that didn't count. You can also complete it by doing some night races (which does work).

Back