FRL - Worlds Sportscar Masters 2 - Akmuq & Ellis Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 745 comments

What day should we race on?

• Saturday

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Sunday

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the starts are fine, people just need to give each other a lot more room at the start, I was trying to keep a gap back to the C1 guys and the other Alfas almost ran into me. Also it would be nice to see some of the C1 guys slowing down a bit when they come past us, were racing too, and it does matter if you hit us because we cant just jump off the track. But apart from that had a good race, congrats to Sam(kartman) on the win :) Shame you cant be at forest tomorrow, should be a good race.

Thats the thing though, in sportscars LMP1 cars don't back off for GT2 cars (Alfa's and the others are like GT2 and LMP1 in speed differential).

Thats one reason I have the classes for next season, main difference is in cornering.

the warm up lap was screwed up earlier i had to brake to avoid overtaking the car in front and furi hits me from behind then i do a slow lap then at the pit entrance i go through it too quick and it doesn't let me stop

On my first lap after crashing when first lapping the Alfa group and all 4 of them were there(I imagine it was a draft fest for them) I came into the pits knowing you need to go slow to stop, so I was going slow, and I was halfway up the pitlane and it then reset me, cost me a good 10-15 seconds.

If I were doing a pace lap I wouldn't do a set speed, just let the leader go at around 50-60% race speed.

Thanks for the congratulations guys, I'm not sure if my best race was Daytona or Spa though, Daytona I was 1:30 down after 10 laps and I came back to finish 1:40 ahead, Spa, I lapped the field, both great races for me.:D

Im still angry at the whole restart/wrong gird order. I was in pole, and my time was the fastest. Yet I was not aloud to start 1st and then Akmuq slows and I didnt see it because I was looking back and I get damage - then Nel hits me, and wasnt a tap, but a the full bat of a hit so I just couldnt be bothered for it.

We restart for a wrong start last week but this week when the girds wrong we don't? Plus in Spa I believe the grid was wrong and I was given pole back again - but not today?

I think you have to clearly think about the rules - because you clearly haven't made any and are just thinking on the spot, which isn't good enough tbh

Yeah sorry about that Chris. I think for the next season we should have either / or both 100mph pace limit, and single file starts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after the last few races, they have been a bit messy.

Im still angry at the whole restart/wrong gird order. I was in pole, and my time was the fastest. Yet I was not aloud to start 1st and then Akmuq slows and I didnt see it because I was looking back and I get damage - then Nel hits me, and wasnt a tap, but a the full bat of a hit so I just couldnt be bothered for it.

We restart for a wrong start last week but this week when the girds wrong we don't? Plus in Spa I believe the grid was wrong and I was given pole back again - but not today?

I think you have to clearly think about the rules - because you clearly haven't made any and are just thinking on the spot, which isn't good enough tbh

You didn't call yourself out as pole. At Spa we let you through, as the others said "go through". At Monza last week it was lag and black screens for the re start.

Yeah sorry about that Chris. I think for the next season we should have either / or both 100mph pace limit, and single file starts.

Yeah, after the last few races, they have been a bit messy.

100mph single file, overtaking only legal on outside? Sounds good I think.

@ Andy, why did you quit? You complain and complain, its a long race, plenty of time to make amends, and you choose to just rage quit in a huff? Not very sporting or professional in my view.

You didn't call yourself out as pole. At Spa we let you through, as the others said "go through". At Monza last week it was lag and black screens for the re start.

@ Andy, why did you quit? You complain and complain, its a long race, plenty of time to make amends, and you choose to just rage quit in a huff? Not very sporting or professional in my view.

1) You called out the timing screen/you said I was first

2)We restarted due to "going before the pit lane" - not because of lag or black screens.

3)I quit because I have had enough really. I had damage for hitting akmuq because he was slowing down to let me through but was confused because you AND others were saying no, so no idea what was happening and really that was just going to happen. Plus Nel just hit me - why he was braking then gunning it I have no idea but he caused rear end damage and my race was other. I'd lose like 40 seconds and if I gunned it like Lee did at Spa I bet I would of got a penalty, he didnt and not sure why but I dont make the rules.
Plus I was excepting a restart, like last week - because someone called it for a "quick start" and it was done.

No offence but Ive stuck with you through this series to help you make the numbers, I quit another league to help you. I don't think you understand how I feel - You haven't considered how to handle each GT5 error, even if its happened before, you just make it on the spot. You should have planned after Spa thinking
"right what do I do if the GT5 makes the grid wrong? Or what if someone gets hit from another driver on the warm up lap when we're all confused?" Im just not happy on how I've been treated. You always think Im gonna just turn up when you need me - maybe next time I won't because you havent treated me like you have to others.

EDIT: Sporting and Professional?? Mics on and people screaming and shouting and moaning and making stupid noises - do you call that sporting or professional?

EDIT 2: Why did ellis get points from Monza? I didnt do 50% of the race. You are just bending YOUR OWN rules now..........

Last edited:
1) You called out the timing screen/you said I was first

2)We restarted due to "going before the pit lane" - not because of lag or black screens.

3)I quit because I have had enough really. I had damage for hitting akmuq because he was slowing down to let me through but was confused because you AND others were saying no, so no idea what was happening and really that was just going to happen. Plus Nel just hit me - why he was braking then gunning it I have no idea but he caused rear end damage and my race was other. I'd lose like 40 seconds and if I gunned it like Lee did at Spa I bet I would of got a penalty, he didnt and not sure why but I dont make the rules.
Plus I was excepting a restart, like last week - because someone called it for a "quick start" and it was done.

No offence but Ive stuck with you through this series to help you make the numbers, I quit another league to help you. I don't think you understand how I feel - You haven't considered how to handle each GT5 error, even if its happened before, you just make it on the spot. You should have planned after Spa thinking
"right what do I do if the GT5 makes the grid wrong? Or what if someone gets hit from another driver on the warm up lap when we're all confused?" Im just not happy on how I've been treated. You always think Im gonna just turn up when you need me - maybe next time I won't because you havent treated me like you have to others.

EDIT: Sporting and Professional?? Mics on and people screaming and shouting and moaning and making stupid noises - do you call that sporting or professional?

EDIT 2: Why did ellis get points from Monza? I didnt do 50% of the race. You are just bending YOUR OWN rules now..........

There is such thing as having to act on your feet. It was you error at Monza for going early and not listening. I cant do anything about the GT grid system. If you called out your pole time then it would have been fine. Ellis @ Monza was awarded points dur to the low Alfa challenge. I told people at the start if they had damage on warm up lap to go on.

There is such thing as having to act on your feet. It was you error at Monza for going early and not listening. I cant do anything about the GT grid system. If you called out your pole time then it would have been fine. Ellis @ Monza was awarded points dur to the low Alfa challenge. I told people at the start if they had damage on warm up lap to go on.

People with no mics can not hear - I said every time on Saturday

Why did you just change you mind about the Race Restart then? You just said
At Monza last week it was lag and black screens for the re start.
POST 426

Also I have never heard that rule, or seen it. I have never seen anyone drive past the leaders for the pits either.

Ellis had done like 7 laps, still lower 50% I believe.

Crap! May need to pull out of you're series, I think I'll have to sell my PS3 for private reasons.:scared:

Crap! May need to pull out of you're series, I think I'll have to sell my PS3 for private reasons.:scared:

:scared:

The Ak running out of cash?

EDIT: April fools Akmuq...

It's not focusing though, all I ever hear on the mics are some murmers then "akmuq", I'm wondering what are they saying about me? I don't see how people would prefer to chat during a race rather then to have a lag-free one, I mean, it's not like they will not talk on GTP anyway...

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

So have I won alfas? I can't make next race im in Gambia :)

Ellis i think you have won the alfa's. why did you leave last night? it was just getting interesting :P. i thought the warm up/formation lap was fine (i was at the back but anyway) one way to reduce confusion would be to note down everyone's quali position 5 minutes before the race start. that would be the end of quali and everyone returns to the pits. Furi could then make note of the time everyone did and we could all line up single file after turn 1, slowly so no-one gets damaged, then go into dbl-file.

Because you werent going fast enough and the people behind me were also being stupid. The rolling start was pathetic.

Last edited:
I will work on this for next season, oath made, sworn, and promised.

Chill. Dax and Lee. Both of you.

I am chilled? I was just asking why he is crying at me.

FYI, when you crashed I wasn't actually talking. You just jumped to the conclusion that it was me.

Take responsibilty for your own actions. Everyone else was talking, and no one else blamed the mics.

How about no, DaxCobra. The only time you talked to me was to make fun of me and frustrate me, and it worked. Thank God I'm not doing Le Mans!

How about no, DaxCobra. The only time you talked to me was to make fun of me and frustrate me, and it worked. Thank God I'm not doing Le Mans!

Got to agree - mics havent seemed to help create professional racing, its very annoying - i made a mistake in Monza because someone screamed down their mic, and I just thought "WTF" and missed my braking point, lsot about 12-15 seconds. Thank God I had a 25 second lead

Could always penalise people who are stupid over the mics and try to distract people, not that I thought anyone was, but most of the time I just don't listen to what people say anyway unless they're talking to me, I find mics useful for when the C1 guys are lapping us too.

Also for reporting incidents and comparing strategies mics are invaluable. Maybe if we all (including me here) keep the un-race related chatter down and only deal with the important things like laps, incidents, and fuel use etc, then we will be ok.

Le Mans 24 laps next week, standing start as well.

Also for reporting incidents and comparing strategies mics are invaluable.

What incidents and strategies? All it ever is 'blah blah blah blah Akmuq blah blah'. I DC'd from your lobby yesterday which I'm pretty sure had mics on.

Still like how I got the blame for Cage crashing when I wasn't even talking at the time of said crash.

1. Akmuq, I'm pretty sure it's also connection related. You lagged at Monza, have DC's and not many others do.

2. Let;s forget that now Dax, I need to concentrate on beating you to 2nd in drivers ;)

3. Invite your friends! And lets get a big field for this finale.

4. Standing start but cars that get damaged on the start line before the first chicane will be allowed on Lap 1 to turn around and pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back