FRL - Worlds Sportscar Masters 2 - Akmuq & Ellis Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 745 comments

What day should we race on?

• Saturday

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Sunday

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I could have it that would be awesome mate. I do seem to recall sending you one ages ago, it may have been to test a car for this series actually :P

I lost a ticket to neljack after he failed to back it up... but we;ll work on that some point.

How many race do you think next season should be? I think around 8 perhaps?

Sounds good. My suggestions....

-Spa (Needs no explanation)
-Monza (See above)
-Le Mans (See above)
-Daytona (Daytona 24 Hours, that is all)
-Nurburgring Nordschleife (Needs no explanation)
-Pescara Oval (Harks back to the glory days of road racing)
-Fuji F (Home of the 1000km and a feared track back in the day)
-Monaco (Okay it's an F1 track, but it's Monaco. Has more racing heritage than almost any track in the world)

I know some of these tracks aren't too popular (Monaco, Daytona, Fuji) But this is a list of all the 'classic' tracks in the game and I think you should really consider this schedule mate 👍

Sounds good. My suggestions....

-Spa (Needs no explanation)
-Monza (See above)
-Le Mans (See above)
-Daytona (Daytona 24 Hours, that is all)
-Nurburgring Nordschleife (Needs no explanation)
-Pescara Oval (Harks back to the glory days of road racing)
-Fuji F (Home of the 1000km and a feared track back in the day)
-Monaco (Okay it's an F1 track, but it's Monaco. Has more racing heritage than almost any track in the world)

I know some of these tracks aren't too popular (Monaco, Daytona, Fuji) But this is a list of all the 'classic' tracks in the game and I think you should really consider this schedule mate 👍

Swap Fuji with my Silverstone and Monza with Suzuka and that's my calendar.👍

I suppose that'd depend on how many tracks you have in mind. I'm guessing that most of the tracks from this season would carry over (I don't know how well received the Eifelring was, so possibly not that, and I don't know what the full orignal track list was for this season).

Daytona Road, Spa, Monza No Chicane, Le Mans 2005 No Chicanes, and the track we did some laps on today all seem good. I'd be in favour of having a PP limit with no turbos allowed.

EDIT: Saw the other replies. Add the 24 hour Nurb (or type V) with weather, and possibly Silverstone (I haven't seen the track yet).

Allow superchargers for the Camaro and Challenger? Seems fair?

Allow superchargers for the Camaro and Challenger? Seems fair?

Wait are they in the same class as the Ford, Fezza and Jag? Or are they the second class you were working on?

Wait are they in the same class as the Ford, Fezza and Jag? Or are they the second class you were working on?

At moment:

Class 1
Chapparal 2D
Chevrolet Corvette C2
Ferrari 330 P4
Ford Mk IV
Jaguar XJ13

Class 2
Chevrolet Camaro RM
Dodge Challenger RM
Ford GT40

At moment:

Class 1
Chapparal 2D
Chevrolet Corvette C2
Ferrari 330 P4
Ford Mk IV
Jaguar XJ13

Class 2
Chevrolet Camaro RM
Dodge Challenger RM
Ford GT40

Will the C2 keep up with the other class 1 prototypes? It doesn't seem to have the mechanical grip. Also won't the GT40, even with it's unruliness, have the advantage in the corners over the big, heavy muscle cars? Although that's probably why you're considering the turbo's....

Will the C2 keep up with the other class 1 prototypes? It doesn't seem to have the mechanical grip. Also won't the GT40, even with it's unruliness, have the advantage in the corners over the big, heavy muscle cars? Although that's probably why you're considering the turbo's....

Yes but the tyres will last about 3 laps.

C2 cars are slower in turns and straights, but not as pronounced as say Alfa's were. C1 vs Alfa was like LMP1 vs GT2, this is like LMP1 vs LMP2.

Also I have a schedule planned out. Pencil this in - 10 laps into the night at the Nurburgring 24H layout with changeable weather as the season finale.

Yes but the tyres will last about 3 laps.

Hmm but that doesn't exactly make for close racing. You'd just be making up time on the Ford's in the pits, that's not really racing.

If I was you I'd drop the GT and the C2 but obviously that's just my opinion. The finale sounds brilliant 👍

We shouldn't have the nurb - not suitable for online and causes a lot of lag sometimes

I disagree. The Nurburgring is a must for these cars.

The Ring was the ultimate challenge for these cars with Le Mans. It has to go in. Limited damage for next season makes it more feasible as well.

The Ring was the ultimate challenge for these cars with Le Mans. It has to go in. Limited damage for next season makes it more feasible as well.

I for one can't wait to get underway, this is my kind of racing. As soon as I have a car I'll be testing away.

EDIT: Actually considering Class 2 though, I'm torn.

I for one can't wait to get underway, this is my kind of racing. As soon as I have a car I'll be testing away.

Having Camaro and Challenger RM's will make this series more accessible as well.

DrifterJoe
I suppose that'd depend on how many tracks you have in mind. I'm guessing that most of the tracks from this season would carry over (I don't know how well received the Eifelring was, so possibly not that, and I don't know what the full orignal track list was for this season).

Daytona Road, Spa, Monza No Chicane, Le Mans 2005 No Chicanes, and the track we did some laps on today all seem good. I'd be in favour of having a PP limit with no turbos allowed.

EDIT: Saw the other replies. Add the 24 hour Nurb (or type V) with weather, and possibly Silverstone (I haven't seen the track yet).

Track list is in OP as it wasn't edited. We didn't race Eifelring and only did 24 laps of Le Mans.

I know I can't make the time this series is at, but I love this era of cars and like to help out. :)

If you want authenticity, the track list should be:

Daytona
Monza
Spa
Toscana created track to represent Targa Florio
Nurburgring Nordschliefe (closest to the version used in the '60s)
Circuit de la Sarthe '05 (NC)
Created tracks to represent Brands Hatch or Mugello
Created "Oval" to represent the Autodromo di Pergusa

Second Nurb race left out, as is Sebring and the Sports (GT) only races.

👍

I know I can't make the time this series is at, but I love this era of cars and like to help out. :)

If you want authenticity, the track list should be:

Daytona
Monza
Spa
Toscana created track to represent Targa Florio
Nurburgring Nordschliefe (closest to the version used in the '60s)
Circuit de la Sarthe '05 (NC)
Created tracks to represent Brands Hatch or Mugello
Created "Oval" to represent the Autodromo di Pergusa

Second Nurb race left out, as is Sebring and the Sports (GT) only races.

👍

I have a created Österreichring and also currently am still split on classification for the Corvette C2. People yesterday said they would prefer the time change Le Mans.

I have a created Österreichring and also currently am still split on classification for the Corvette C2. People yesterday said they would prefer the time change Le Mans.

That works, as It'd be impossible to get a Zeltweg Airfield style track. 👍

Also, seriously consider doing a Autodromo di Pergusa track, it'd be a lot of fun :):

ITA%20Pergusa.gif

For Le Mans it's a toss up between the proper Hunaudieres or weather/night. :boggled:

The Nurburgring I'd run a long race as season finale. Now could Mt Aso give us any decent tracks?

The Nurburgring I'd run a long race as season finale. Now could Mt Aso give us any decent tracks?

Mt. Aso tends to give short, hilly tracks with impossible corners. :nervous:

Toscana would be good for ones like Targa/Perguso etc. 👍

Mt. Aso tends to give short, hilly tracks with impossible corners. :nervous:

Toscana would be good for ones like Targa/Perguso etc. 👍

I have Toscana track already, which everyone likes. So thats in.

Cool. Just avoid Mt. Aso, every track I've ever made there has a jump on a slight turn with a sharp bend directly after. Which never ends well. :ill:

Also, seriously consider doing a Autodromo di Pergusa track, it'd be a lot of fun :):

ITA%20Pergusa.gif

For Le Mans it's a toss up between the proper Hunaudieres or weather/night. :boggled:

i have raced that track on GTR2 and it is great for overtaking!

ITA%20Pergusa.gif

Come to think of it Pescara my create dToscana track is very similar.

Now we could have two Le Mans or two Nurb races maybe?

i have raced that track on GTR2 and it is great for overtaking!

That was probably the modern one though. The old one is the bit in green without any chicanes. :D

Come to think of it Pescara my create dToscana track is very similar.

Now we could have two Le Mans or two Nurb races maybe?

That was an F1 road circuit in the '50s wasn't it? I love those old street circuits. :drool:

They used to run 2 Nurburgring races in the '60s WSC. 1000km and 500km. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back