FRL - Worlds Sportscar Masters 2 - Akmuq & Ellis Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 745 comments

What day should we race on?

• Saturday

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Sunday

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so. Strange that it has two massive straight parts- must have been terrifying. :eek:

I'm using this: Racing Sports Cars (scroll down to 1967), which gives all the info you ever need on the races. (grid positions, quali times, race positions, finishing times, fastest laps etc.) Has entries for pretty much every race ever. :D

I thought so. Strange that it has two massive straight parts- must have been terrifying. :eek:

I'm using this: Racing Sports Cars (scroll down to 1967), which gives all the info you ever need on the races. (grid positions, quali times, race positions, finishing times, fastest laps etc.) Has entries for pretty much every race ever. :D

I use that site as well, very imformative 👍

At the moment we have 6 events for the new season - Daytona, Le Mans, Monza, Nurburgring, Spa, Toscana.

How many do you need? 8?

What about the Osterreichring you're building?

Oh yeah I forgot that :lol: So thast 7. 6 to 8 sounds good...

Just did an A Spec Arcade event at Ring 24H at night, 8min 30 over 1 lap, despite a couple crashes... finished 2nd. (just noticed grip reduction was low) scary...

Oh yeah I forgot that :lol: So thast 7. 6 to 8 sounds good...

Just did an A Spec Arcade event at Ring 24H at night, 8min 30 over 1 lap, despite a couple crashes... finished 2nd. (just noticed grip reduction was low) scary...

Wet races in road cars are rather scary so in these monsters they'll be terrifying. :scared:

And I don't expect the visibility was all that great either. :lol:

Wet races in road cars are rather scary so in these monsters they'll be terrifying. :scared:

And I don't expect the visibility was all that great either. :lol:

It was in the dry :lol: Crashed chasing a Furai, cost me 5 seconds.... Ford had godly braking...

Wonder if anyone will get a handle on the Ferrari for this new season...

How about one long Le Mans race on the '05 layout and a shorter night race?

The person who wins at nurb will be the person who crashes the least. If i drive round in 3rd gear, i could get a win :D

It was in the dry :lol: Crashed chasing a Furai, cost me 5 seconds.... Ford had godly braking...

Wonder if anyone will get a handle on the Ferrari for this new season...

Oh. Well imagine how it'll be in the wet and dark. :eek: Ford does have good brakes. :D But I'm still 🤬 off with PD for messing up the top speeds. :grumpy:

How about one long Le Mans race on the '05 layout and a shorter night race?

Or vice versa with the Ring. It sounds good. As well as me wanting variable length races...

Also why don't you do time limit races like PURE have done before? So the '2 heures du Le Mans' for example. When the clock strikes 2 hours you complete the lap you're on and the position you're in at the end of that lap is final. You'd just have to check over the replay to make it work.

Also why don't you do time limit races like PURE have done before? So the '2 heures du Le Mans' for example. When the clock strikes 2 hours you complete the lap you're on and the position you're in at the end of that lap is final. You'd just have to check over the replay to make it work.

I've always wondered about time races. I suppose it could work, but it would require practise. Maybe one for this season, or next. But it's an idea i'd like to implement at some point.

Don't you have to finish the race to get the replay though? If that's the case you'd have to estimate how many laps it would be to get slightly beyond the time which just wouldn't work. :indiff:

Distances you can do though. 👍

someone said something about silverstone? is it coming in a DLC?

I see it in the next Track DLC....

Don't you have to finish the race to get the replay though? If that's the case you'd have to estimate how many laps it would be to get slightly beyond the time which just wouldn't work. :indiff:

Distances you can do though. 👍

Well yeah you can set it slightly over ca' t ya? But I still do prefer distances. Ideally I want mainly 60-75 minute races, with maybe 1 90 minute and 1 120 minute event.

So do I do DIV 1 or DIV 2 again to try hold onto my title next time round :)

I see it in the next Track DLC....

Well yeah you can set it slightly over ca' t ya? But I still do prefer distances. Ideally I want mainly 60-75 minute races, with maybe 1 90 minute and 1 120 minute event.

But it can vary wildly depending on whether the leader breaks away or you get a battle for the lead. Likewise rain/darkness can mess with the race times as well as accidents.

It's hard to judge. You'd be better doing say 2 Heures du Mans by calculating average laptime and adding time for pitstops/weather/accidents etc. and dividing 2 hours by it. :)

So do I do DIV 1 or DIV 2 again to try hold onto my title next time round :)

im moving up so you should as well. Alfa's was like the Ginetta juniors, and now we get to play with the big boys :P

As it stands:

Class 1:
2D
330 P4
Corvette?
Mk IV
XJ13

Class 2:
Camaro RM
Challenger RM
GT40

Corvette will not be fast enough. I probably better in C2. But I think I will move up to C1.

I'd kill the Corvette if I was you, the Chappy makes up for terrible speed off the line with stability in the corners but the Chevvy has no redeeming features. I can't see anybody choosing it unless they absolutely have to.

I'd kill the Corvette if I was you, the Chappy makes up for terrible speed off the line with stability in the corners but the Chevvy has no redeeming features. I can't see anybody choosing it unless they absolutely have to.

Corvette is FAST down the straights. So maybe to Class 2 then.

Try it, I get back from my hols on thursday so if I have time and you are up for it we can get some testing in. Or do you want to start testing more towards the time when TOCA ends. Plus you never answered my offer. Do you want me to be a pace car in Toca? :)

Try it, I get back from my hols on thursday so if I have time and you are up for it we can get some testing in. Or do you want to start testing more towards the time when TOCA ends. Plus you never answered my offer. Do you want me to be a pace car in Toca? :)

We don't have pace car in TOCA. It's tough enough to organise as it is :lol:. And a reminder this will be back in its traditional sunday slot from next season.

Say what. What time? Because if it is late then it is FGTC > Sportscar championship for me.

I will happily take the chaparral off of everyone's hands if they are worried about how slow it starts. i have no idea about its ridiculously fast race pace and forgiving handling ;)

Say what. What time? Because if it is late then it is FGTC > Sportscar championship for me.

The 7 to 10pm slot...

I will happily take the chaparral off of everyone's hands if they are worried about how slow it starts. i have no idea about its ridiculously fast race pace and forgiving handling ;)

Akmuq I reckon's in a Chap. Standing starts are it's only weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back