FRL - Worlds Sportscar Masters 2 - Akmuq & Ellis Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 745 comments

What day should we race on?

• Saturday

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Sunday

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Daytona.:D Was really able to push the Jag there when everyone else was just staying safe, lost a minute and a half in the space of a lap, won by 1:40, brilliant race.:D

As by request of most of the field, damage will be limited. This balances out with longer aces and closer racing due to less gap between the cars.

Furinkazen
As by request of most of the field, damage will be limited. This balances out with longer aces and closer racing due to less gap between the cars.

Heavy damage without cautions is always a bad idea, best to change it. ETA on season 3?

Heavy damage without cautions is always a bad idea, best to change it. ETA on season 3?

After IROC is finished, so within two months. Already started work on photos and idea's for artwork.

Well 1960's races didn't have a safety car so light damage makes more sense. I did like the cautions in IndyCar and wish Furi would get a safety car driver for TOCA, IROC and Trucks.:)

Furinkazen
After IROC is finished, so within two months. Already started work on photos and idea's for artwork.

Look at 60's race posters on google images and stuff for inspiration, I've seen quite a few ones for Le Mans and they have a fairly distinct style. Less glittery than yours, more block colours etc.

If you remind me tonight, i'll send you some examples when I get to a PC 👍

Look at 60's race posters on google images and stuff for inspiration, I've seen quite a few ones for Le Mans and they have a fairly distinct style. Less glittery than yours, more block colours etc.

If you remind me tonight, i'll send you some examples when I get to a PC 👍

I think I'm bringing in some Sepia filters as whilst the current one's are a bit grungy and old looking, they are a bit difficult to look at - the Jaguar in some pics just blends in.

Oh and I found this on google images:

08j7.jpg

:drool:

I could be a safety car for toca if you rrreeeaalllyyy want :).

I think I'm bringing in some Sepia filters as whilst the current one's are a bit grungy and old looking, they are a bit difficult to look at - the Jaguar in some pics just blends in.

Oh and I found this on google images:

:drool:

That's J7. I prefer J5. ;)

1967a.jpg
1968a.jpg

1967 and 1968 posters. You get the idea. They all have the same feel. 👍

Last edited:
FordMKIVJ5
That's J7. I prefer J5. ;)

1967 and 1968 posters. You get the idea. They all have the same feel. 👍

That's exactly the feel you should be shooting for Furi, great pics man 👍

What about these from Season 1? I like the sepia filter, and the last pic especially is a favourite of mine.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

They seem way too washed out to me. If you want to do that you need to do it using saturation and a noise filter. :)

Also, what panning mode are you using? Some of the photos are rather blurry. :odd:

FordMKIVJ5
They seem way too washed out to me. If you want to do that you need to do it using saturation and a noise filter. :)

Also, what panning mode are you using? Some of the photos are rather blurry. :odd:

I think they look a bit dull and don't really do the cars justice. You could photoshop one of the race posters from that era and replace the words, that would look great.

I think they look a bit dull and don't really do the cars justice. You could photoshop one of the race posters from that era and replace the words, that would look great.

Certainly an idea... What kind of colour filter should I use from GT5 for in-game shots of cars then?

If you're going for the washed out look I think you'd be better doing something like this (editing wise):

CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_1-2.jpg

Or just go for a more natural picture, which looks a lot more alive:

CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_1-3.jpg

Again this is just to show the editing not picture. :)👍

EDIT: My advice would be to not use in game filters to be honest. And use panning mode 3 on moving shots- keeps the cars in focus. 👍

If you're going for the washed out look I think you'd be better doing something like this (editing wise):

CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_1-2.jpg

Or just go for a more natural picture, which looks a lot more alive:

CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_1-3.jpg

Again this is just to show the editing not picture. :)👍

EDIT: My advice would be to not use in game filters to be honest. And use panning mode 3 on moving shots- keeps the cars in focus. 👍

What did you use to get that?

Photobucket editing tools. :)

They aren't the best but you can do basic stuff with them like levels, sharpening, filters etc.

For the washed out one: lower saturation, film grain and slight sharpening.

For the other: slightly raised saturation, slightly raised contrast and slight sharpening.

After testing I have had a recommendation to take turbo's off and possibly just go with PP change. This will be looked into.

Personally I think you should do a picture with all the car models lined up on the wall at Le Mans like so....

lemans_2010_04.jpg

Personally I think you should do a picture with all the car models lined up on the wall at Le Mans like so....

It's impossible to get an angle like that though. You could do a line up like this:
GT40MkIV-LeMans-67-1b.jpg

Problem with these is they require a lot of people. :lol:

Yup, still need to save for a Ford mind. Anyone fancy sending me a ticket :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yeah I know mate, I was just demonstrating how they lined up :) We could always just do one of each model?

Furinkazen
After testing I have had a recommendation to take turbo's off and possibly just go with PP change. This will be looked into.

Take turbos off? We were allowed to add turbos???

Yup, still need to save for a Ford mind. Anyone fancy sending me a ticket :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yeah I know mate, I was just demonstrating how they lined up :) We could always just do one of each model?

I have a ticket, adn 1 per model was an idea.

Take turbos off? We were allowed to add turbos???

Not this season, where considering them for next season.

I have a ticket, adn 1 per model was an idea.

Well if I could have it that would be awesome mate. I do seem to recall sending you one ages ago, it may have been to test a car for this series actually :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back