• Thread starter RDAardvark
  • 52 comments

RDAardvark

Missing every apex
Premium
Ireland
In the gravel trap
RDAardvark
This is the 30th Monday Night Fun Racers Surprise Night!!!

All GTP members welcome...will suit beginner to average drivers best... ...so driving aids are allowed...

We will be noobing it around Spa Francorchamps, so affect your best French accent.

There will be 3 races (5 laps each) on Monday 24th October, first race starts at 9pm Current UK time...BST

Room (open lobby) opens on Monday at 8.30pm for practise/qualifying. (PSN: RDAardvark..add me)

You will not know what car you are racing until you join the room, though you will be a driving on sports soft.

The car will be ready to pick up in the garage at 830pm. All you need to do is choose the colour.

There will be no points awarded.

Drive Cleanly As Possible Please .

Banter while driving is more than welcome. ...so get a headset...

Please post below if you are interested.....a few is good but the more the merrier...

Relax and Enjoy

Come join the Fun Racers Club for a fun and relaxed online experience.

Participating:

1. Monsieur R De Aardvark
2. Monsieur Rhinoafrica
3. Monsieur Thaddaeus
4. Monsieur Geezdaw
5. Monsieur CSSDK
6. Monsieur Warrius de Zero
7. Monsieur MH4wheel
8. Monsieur TurambarMakart
9. Monsieur Enduro-24
10. Monsieur JACK de le GTR
11. Monsieur cyclone2011
12. Monsieur leonardo887
13. Monsieur McKiernan
14. Monsieur neige
15. Monsieur flimbo84
16. Monsieur Brenner (avec hangover?)

Can you host the next event or indeed a future event?
If so, can you sign yourself up here please?
Let's see if we can keep this running all the way to Christmas.

Last edited:
I'm taking part in the 'Le Mans' event the day after and the Zero Cup the following day, so Mrs Warrius wouldn't be happy if I was making it a hat-trick.

It's a shame, because I was looking forward to listen to your French accent... :D

Isn't the Le Mans event on the 1st?
Have you ever heard anyone from Belfast trying to do a French accent? It's hilarious!

Bien sur. je ne regrette rien

Edit: Spa is Belgium isnt it? They speak "Flämisch" as far as i know.?

Entschuldingungs. :guilty:

My geography is awful, but the late, great Douglas Adams did declare that belgium is the rudest word in the universe. Can I use this as an excuse?

According to Wikipedia (so it must be true), they speak German, Flemish and French.

Perhaps we should all just try Welsh accents?

hehe no worrys ^^
never heard of that statement about Belgium but they tend to "love" their children a bit to much... so im gonna believe it :P

Welsh is kinda hard. I have the book "Trainspotting" in the original welsh edition and i have to say that i can not read it (whereas im having nearly no issues with shakespeare english).
Im gonna listen to your Welsh and try to find out what you said :)

hehe no worrys ^^
never heard of that statement about Belgium but they tend to "love" their children a bit to much... so im gonna believe it :P

Welsh is kinda hard. I have the book "Trainspotting" in the original welsh edition and i have to say that i can not read it (whereas im having nearly no issues with shakespeare english).
Im gonna listen to your Welsh and try to find out what you said :)

Thad: Trainspotting is written in Scottish! Even I cannot understand it.
And you're a better man than me if you can make sense of Shakespear!

(I hope this is the first time a discussion on literature has appeared on GTP)

Hi there :) I'm still on my holls but should be back in time to pop in for this so I'd like to sign up for this please :cool: Sounds like good fun to be had as usual :)

Cheers for now,
Billy :cheers:

Last edited:
@Billy: Hope you can make it!

@Chris: Excellent. And the Danish for Mr is Herre? Please correct me!

I read "30th" and thought it was the date.... yes, I didn't go as far as realising how many days there are in October. Now I don't have any excuses, count me in...

Bien sur. je ne regrette rien

Edit: Spa is Belgium isnt it? They speak "Flämisch" as far as i know.?

Niet Flamisch, dat Duits, het is Vlaams/Nederlands en in Spa spreken ze Frans.

Not Flamisch, that is German, it is Vlaams/Nederlands and in Spa they speak French.

I read "30th" and thought it was the date.... yes, I didn't go as far as realising how many days there are in October. Now I don't have any excuses, count me in...

I'm still pondering the Le Mans event myself. Need to decide by the end of the week, but that would mean Saturday night, Monday and Tuesday. Saturday I can get away with 'cos the missus is watching Strictly Factor Dancing.

:grumpy:I'd be in, but DLC ain't available until the 25th.👎

Hey, I've not tested it but many are reporting that if the host has the dlc, then anyone joining their lounge can share! I'll be testing this out tonight.

Last edited:
Excellent - I've got the DLC but haven't played with it yet. Can't wait until the kids are in bed!

Oh just saw your PM, If i can play it without the DLC then sign me up please!

I can confirm this works: just had four friends from north America in my lounge, so there should be no probs come monday.

And if you want to see Spa before then, just go to my lounge. I set spa as the default and even if I am offline you can still play. Just don't wreck it! :)

Back