Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 49,467 comments
Not if you're altering one letter at a time (until Rooney who's just done for laughs).

TB
Macaroni and Marconi should switch spots.
I thought exactly the same thing...
Not if you're altering one letter at a time (until Rooney who's just done for laughs).
...but this is also a really good point.

Edit: "Macaroon" and "macaroni" is a bit of a deviation, though.

Subsequent edit: Come to think of it, so are the aforementioned "macaroni" and "Marconi." I think the logic is still sound and the pattern works better as it is, even if it would roll of the tongue better given the suggested change.

Last edited:
FzVAJ5RWIA0RfcR

I thought exactly the same thing...

...but this is also a really good point.

Edit: "Macaroon" and "macaroni" is a bit of a deviation, though.

Subsequent edit: Come to think of it, so are the aforementioned "macaroni" and "Marconi." I think the logic is still sound and the pattern works better as it is, even if it would roll of the tongue better given the suggested change.
I feel it flows better as is.

I feel it flows better as is.
Same number of syllables if they're switched.

@Roo (I'm tagging instead of quoting just in case) I understand that forum guidelines require that inappropriate words be censored fully, if that is indeed inappropriate and ought to be censored like I suspect, but also the joke hinges on knowing what the word is (I think I may have gotten it if it had been censored fully but I'm less sure about others) and I hope this gets a pass.

Meftones
Painbow
Beep Purple
Fronk Zappa
Sinkin Park
Block Sabbath
Miss
Megameth
Player
Shania Train
Sliderbait
Coldslay
Borde
Daiki Basho
Pool
7Horde
Flipknot
Gay Charles
Barth, Wind And Fire
Daft Hunk
Charlie Path
Marvin Gate
The Beach Toys
Dick Pale
Nuns And Roses
Slice Girls
Rags Against The Machine
Drowning Fool
Papa Coach
Queens Of The Store Age
Aphex Twit
Hen At Work

Same number of syllables if they're switched.

@Roo (I'm tagging instead of quoting just in case) I understand that forum guidelines require that inappropriate words be censored fully, if that is indeed inappropriate and ought to be censored like I suspect, but also the joke hinges on knowing what the word is (I think I may have gotten it if it had been censored fully but I'm less sure about others) and I hope this gets a pass.

Good thinking, thanks. I don't actually know if the swear filter catches that word; I assume it does but I haven't tried.

This one, however, has only just occured to me and requires many, many spoiler warnings, and even that might not be enough, to the point I've reported my own post to have it reviewed....

Fisters of Mercy

Roo
Good thinking, thanks. I don't actually know if the swear filter catches that word; I assume it does but I haven't tried.

This one, however, has only just occured to me and requires many, many spoiler warnings, and even that might not be enough, to the point I've reported my own post to have it reviewed....

Fisters of Mercy
I've seen a moderator use that one in response to another using it in a different context. I'd think more than use of the word would be deemed inappropriate but the word itself seems pretty innocuous to me.

That's a good one...and kind of fitting?

Meftones
Painbow
Beep Purple
Fronk Zappa
Sinkin Park
Block Sabbath
Miss
Megameth
Player
Shania Train
Sliderbait
Coldslay
Borde
Daiki Basho
Pool
7Horde
Flipknot
Gay Charles
Barth, Wind And Fire
Daft Hunk
Charlie Path
Marvin Gate
The Beach Toys
Dick Pale
Nuns And Roses
Slice Girls
Rags Against The Machine
Drowning Fool
Papa Coach
Queens Of The Store Age
Aphex Twit
Hen At Work
Best non image post in a long while :lol:

Jerome

Johnny Rash
Five Finger Meath Punch
Ricky Fartin
The Dead Mouth
Black Lapel Society
Ice Rube
Yeastie Boys

Edit: also stretching the rules a little, it's The Hoffspring, David Hasselhoff's Offspring tribute band!

Last edited:
Back