Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 49,459 comments
True - I got stung about ten times in my life so far and 9 times it was a wasp, for no reason and completely unprovoked. Once I got stung AND bitten by the same wasp.

I got stung in the face by a hornet once and that was one of the worst pains I ever felt, it felt like getting stabbed and I could not pull the knife out.- The sting of a wasp is laughable compared to the hornets. To the hornets defense however I was swatting at it like a maniac.
Yep, hornets stings hurt much more I can attest after being stung on inside of my ear lobe by one.

A friend and I once threw a brick at a wasp nest thinking it would be funny and showing off to some girls when we were around 8 years old at school. Safe to say, it was not funny and and we were chased back to the school buildings being stung all the way.

I got tagged about 4 times while my friend was hit about twice as much. I’d take those four hits in the same spot over the hornet sting.

"One Last Rage Quit"

1688255048528.png

Last edited:
Why is the wasp labelled as a "yellowjacket"? It's a wasp. Wasps are bastards.
A yellow-jacket is one type of wasp. A mud dauber is a wasp. So is a paper wasp, so is a hornet. Saying, "That is a wasp and the others aren't" is like saying a wolf is a canine but dogs, coyotes, and jackals aren't.

Last edited:
Saying, "That is a wasp and the others aren't" is like saying a wolf is a canine but dogs, coyotes, and jackals aren't.
Which I didn't. The wasp labelled "Yellowjacket" is literally called "wasp"; that's its common name: wasp. It wasp.

Otherwise your analogy is actually correct: we also call dogs "dogs", but we don't call wolves, coyotes, or jackals dogs. They're types of dogs but not called "dogs"; they're called "wolves", "coyotes", and "jackals". Dogs are the type of dogs we call dogs.

Similarly wasps are the types of wasps we call "wasps", whereas we don't call mud daubers (which aren't even vespids), hornets, or ichneumons "wasps"; they're called "mud daubers", "hornets", and "ichneumons".

It's more akin to a chart labelling a dog "domesticated canine" alongside "wolf", "coyote", and "jackal" labels. It dog.

Last edited:
Phone call? Surely you mean sending a message? What sane person would make a call when they can message/email?
Where I work, we email whenever possible. The problem is when you don't get a reply or emailing isn't an option at all. Being an introvert myself, I hate the thought of having to call in that instance. And yes, I do have to play it through my head what I plan to say before I pick up the phone. I can relate to the picture. :lol:

Which I didn't. The wasp labelled "Yellowjacket" is literally called "wasp"; that's its common name: wasp. It wasp.

Otherwise your analogy is actually correct: we also call dogs "dogs", but we don't call wolves, coyotes, or jackals dogs. They're types of dogs but not called "dogs"; they're called "wolves", "coyotes", and "jackals". Dogs are the type of dogs we call dogs.

Similarly wasps are the types of wasps we call "wasps", whereas we don't call mud daubers (which aren't even vespids), hornets, or ichneumons "wasps"; they're called "mud daubers", "hornets", and "ichneumons".

It's more akin to a chart labelling a dog "domesticated canine" alongside "wolf", "coyote", and "jackal" labels. It dog.
Perfectly valid, but where I am, what we call wasps are not yellow-jackets, but paper wasps. If I say a flying stinging insect is a wasp, it's probably a paper wasp.

Kind of like your joke reply to me MANY years ago about pylon vs pylon.

53018834398_cf57652f7f.jpg
53018737235_275d11dc68.jpg

Perfectly valid, but where I am, what we call wasps are not yellow-jackets, but paper wasps. If I say a flying stinging insect is a wasp, it's probably a paper wasp.

Kind of like your joke reply to me MANY years ago about pylon vs pylon.

53018834398_cf57652f7f.jpg
53018737235_275d11dc68.jpg
The one on the left goes better with ice cream.

Pretty sure that's the correct identification for any insect in that suborder.

Also accepted are "Arsehole", -See you next tuesday- with wings, or flying wankstain.
Oh come on there are some cool wasps- like those that paralyze spiders and kidnap them for their young. I see them all the time in my garden, they are very shy and fly around like cargo helicopters hauling big spiders around.

Oh come on there are some cool wasps- like those that paralyze spiders and kidnap them for their young. I see them all the time in my garden, they are very shy and fly around like cargo helicopters hauling big spiders around.

I'll take most spiders over wasps any day.

Back