Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 49,559 comments
Ah, the Cougar Ace. All those poor mazdas.

picture.php

Those poor Mazdas! makes me want to cry!

marluxiaXI11
That is not a barrel roll.:irked:

I had to look up "barrel roll" to see why you said this. Learned something new today.

A real storage of liquid type barrel, rolls around its longitudinal axis. Thus making one think the aerial maneuver known as aileron roll is a barrel roll. Which it is not.

And despite that fact people will still call it a barrel roll. Blame Starfox from N64 if anything("Do a Barrel Roll!!!").

My first HDD was 40Mb, this was impressive at the time, my previous PC didn't even have an HDD, it had two 5.25" floppy drives - one had whatever software you wanted to run in it, the other one was used for saving stuff.

Apple ][ rules. Then again, you've never lived till you've tried (and failed) to save and retrieve data from a cassette tape...

And despite that fact people will still call it a barrel roll. Blame Starfox from N64 if anything("Do a Barrel Roll!!!").

The crazy thing is... you don't even move out of line and somehow those bad guys still miss you... neat trick.

Since we are on to nostalgia: Did anyone played Spectrum? :sly:

spectrum2a.jpg

EDIT: Some funny

Hilarious :lol:
hump-dar-new-21.jpg

hump-dar-new-16.jpg

daily-morning-awesomeness-185.jpg

daily-morning-awesomeness-85.jpg

hump-dar-new-15.jpg

tuesday-dar-2.jpg

Last edited:
Since we are on to nostalgia: Did anyone played Spectrum? :sly:

spectrum2a.jpg

Yup, Had Spectrum 48k, then a 128k +2, then a Commodore 64 (with C2N cassette drive), then Sega MegaDrive (16-bit gaming!!!), then we got a 486 DX2 66Mhz 4mb RAM, 324mb HDD(!) that I used to play Doom on.... then of course Playstation, Playstation 2 and Playstation 3... never got the Nintendo thing, or the xBox thing...

C64.jpg

mmmmmm... SEXY

Oh how embarrassing for them - either there's no power cable or it's not attached to a screen/TV.

Have they both got mustaches? :odd:

Wow, you guys could affort the Spectrum? For me it was only this one by Sinclair.
250px-Sinclair_ZX81.jpg

Mine was this one:

Timex2048_.jpg

The Timex 48k. Couldn't find a pic of the tape recorder I had to load the games. It was a Panasonic something.

I think the Timex was a ZX Spectrum built under licence wasn't it. I believe Timex constructed the Spectrum for Sinclair.

The Timex 48k was a slightly revamped version of the Sinclair model, built under license simultaneously. It was built here in Portugal by Timex Computer Portugal, and sold only here and exported to Poland as well.

The factory that built them is not far from where we lived, and my dad worked on an adjacent company, which helped him getting his hands on this beast of a machine. :D

EDIT: Googled a bit and found something: this was created as a prototype by Timex Corporation in the US, but never got to be produced there. That's when Timex Computer Portugal picked up the project and started making them. 👍

Here's a bigger pic of it:
Timex-Computer-2048-Manipulated.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Mine, which I still have, has the most used keys totally erased. They're blank now.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back