Funny/Strange News Stories

That's pretty awesome. It almost has to be some sort of prank you would think. Maybe he flopped himself up into the bank?
There's no shortage of photos of whales beached at high tide. But this river appears to have vertical banks of at least a meter. There must have been a flood of water lifting the whale over the bank. I know of no evidence that a whale can flop itself up out of a river and several meters clear of the bank. It must be a hoax! We need to find more reporting for this incident from a more reliable source before I can believe it. So far I haven't been able to find any.

Edit: Supposedly there are locks and dams on the Arkansas River that the whale would have had to navigate. This makes it almost certainly a hoax.

Last edited:
YOKO ONO: “I HAD AN AFFAIR WITH HILLARY CLINTON IN THE ’70S”

yoko-ono.jpg

This is from the same fake news site as the Whale story.

In other news, it's now legal to beat your wife/partner in Russia. As long as it doesn't cause her/him "significant bodily injury", and doesn't happen more than once a year.

This goes along with an old Russian Proverb(and this is directly from the article), "If he beats you, it means he loves you.":

Russia parliament votes 380-3 to decriminalize domestic violence

http://usat.ly/2kb3bXS

In other news, it's now legal to beat your wife/partner in Russia. As long as it doesn't cause her/him "significant bodily injury", and doesn't happen more than once a year.

This goes along with an old Russian Proverb(and this is directly from the article), "If he beats you, it means he loves you.":

Russia parliament votes 380-3 to decriminalize domestic violence

http://usat.ly/2kb3bXS

Long standing 'common law' with all that "with a stick no wider than your thumb". Also Arkansas U.S. not sure if true, once a month is ok.

I don't promote violence in anyway but I have to say here we have way too many people in jail over silly domestic disputes. There are laws that state if the police are called on a DV one of the parties is going to jail, not just jail to cool off either, jail pending trial.

Not really funny but, a hot dog?
http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...fn/2017/1/24/port_orange_deadly_shooting.html

I don't suppose their "apologies" are going to include remuneration so the poor guy can buy a replacement vehicle"?

I'm pretty sure they will... at least I'd hope so.

...Monty Python...Britain - arguably the forefathers of the absurdist comedy routines...

That's what makes Monty Python so good, it's basically a documentary at times :D

...Couldn't decide where to post this, but in the end, it's just absurd enough (in my mind) to earn a place here.

Ghana presidential fleet "missing" 200 cars, BBC.

Wonder where they all disappeared to.... 💡

Edit: right, here's a pic that got me in stitches. The link's embedded in the image itself.

_92940929_4ef07389-aee6-46c8-a7a8-331555711eca.jpg

Last edited:
Ex-husband: Judy Garland was groped by Munchkins on 'Wizard of Oz' set
http://via.fox2now.com/y2CXs

"They thought they could get away with anything because they were so small"
I blame @Touring Mars for this, since I assume that he changed the thread title to include "strange" stories. But for that, yours would have joined a far too populated hall of shame, featuring "funny" rapes and deaths.

I blame @Touring Mars for this, since I assume that he changed the thread title to include "strange" stories. But for that, yours would have joined a far too populated hall of shame, featuring "funny" rapes and deaths.
It's called "funny and strange". That falls under the category of strange. If it was just "funny" stories, I never would of posted it.
Thanks for your concern though, it's good to have someone looking out for everyone.

Yeh... originally it was a thread for funny (as in 'ha ha') stories, but there is often a crossover into funny (as in 'weird' or strange) depending on one's sense of humour.

That said, there is absolutely nothing funny whatsoever about the thought of someone being groped by Munchkins... and in case you're wondering why I'm chuckling, I'm laughing at a joke someone told me earlier.

Back