Funny/Strange News Stories

I don't know. I don't get a Netanyahu vibe from him.
He's no Baldwin, I'll give you that.

It's Mariano Idelman according to this.
Wikipedia
Idelman began his career starring in Eretz Nehederet in 2003, along with Eli Finish, Tal Friedman, Asi Cohen, Orna Banai, Eyal Kitzis, etc. He has parodied numerous real-life persons, including Shimon Peres, Moshe Katzav and Amir Peretz. In recent seasons of the show, he has been the comedic Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

It's pretty hard to imagine mistaking a taxiway for a runway. Yeah, maybe it is time for him to hang it up.

I agree. He was cleared onto 20L (centre of the picture, dead ahead) which is a runway colour at this particular airport... it might be more understandable out in some boonies strip where the taxiway/runways look pretty much the same. If he nearly landed on an airliner he must have landed on the large Alpha taxiway to the left of 20L? Shamone.

EDIT: Unless, I guess, the airliner was at a right angle waiting to cross 20L threshold to line up on 20R, then he could have landed on the small intermediate taxiway directly to the left of 20L. Either way, time to hang up the goggles imo.

20Lapproach.png

I don't blame them one bit. It's basically a pay cut. They'd be working 2% more hours for a maximum of a 1.5% pay increase.

I have to agree, and that's on top of the real-terms pay cut they take each year through inflation by not receiving a per-inflation raise.

I agree. He was cleared onto 20L (centre of the picture, dead ahead) which is a runway colour at this particular airport... it might be more understandable out in some boonies strip where the taxiway/runways look pretty much the same. If he nearly landed on an airliner he must have landed on the large Alpha taxiway to the left of 20L? Shamone.

EDIT: Unless, I guess, the airliner was at a right angle waiting to cross 20L threshold to line up on 20R, then he could have landed on the small intermediate taxiway directly to the left of 20L. Either way, time to hang up the goggles imo.

View attachment 628015

Further to that, my edited guess was correct... he landed on the "runway coloured" minor taxiway over a jet that was waiting to cross the threshold of the actual runway. Video at BBC.

...Oh, hi. It's me again. Back so soon.

Anyways.

The age old question: can anyone drive a car?

This bear tried to find out. Video link: BBC.

Back