Funny/Strange News Stories

I've had many a quiet picnic along the Estuary near the Dartford Crossing. Well, if you ignore the docks, Bluewater shopping centre, Essex Arena banger racing and the fact that it's under the approach for London City airport. Apart from that it's a stunning rural backwater. Some say a hidden gem. ;)

It's a lovely place, always lots of people parked in long lines enjoying the view :D

....Well now, wow.

...They came, they ate, and left without paying. All 120 of them. BBC.

Apparently, the diners were celebrating a baptism. Is there a connection between this and not paying close to 2000 Euros in bills? Nope. Not a bit. :lol:

Apparently, they have struck again. Only 10 Km away from their original scene of crime, no less.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39184533

This time, the damage to the unpaid bills is 10k. In Euros, of course.

There has been some discussion in other threads about water quality, environmental plans and Canada's water supply in particular. Couldn't be a better time for this.

IMG_8329.jpg

14:33 - Fewer jobs in the US than expected
14:39 - More jobs in the US than expected

Someone must have been hiring like crazy around 14:36 :lol:

All that Russian steel for the Keystone pipeline isn't going to lay itself, you know.

Nah I was thinking the wall, he did say mexico will build it.
It is those "illegals", in exchange for permanent residency they have to build the wall.

...Welp. I had Sam Jackson "snakes on a plane" meme lying around somewhere. I seemed to have misplaced it somehow...

...Uber pulls suspends autonomous cars after a crash: BBC.

Truth is, I didn't find the news itself funny or weird. But what caught my attention was the accompanying image. Specifically, this one:

_95320128_mediaitem95320127.jpg

Can you see the irony of a Volvo, reputed to be one of the most safest, robust cars around, lying on its side after a crash that didn't involve a donut-eating meatbag in command of the controls? I sure did, and I sure had a good chuckle at it.

...Uber pulls suspends autonomous cars after a crash: BBC.

Truth is, I didn't find the news itself funny or weird. But what caught my attention was the accompanying image. Specifically, this one:

View attachment 636983

Can you see the irony of a Volvo, reputed to be one of the most safest, robust cars around, lying on its side after a crash that didn't involve a donut-eating meatbag in command of the controls? I sure did, and I sure had a good chuckle at it.
Not really, seeing as Volvo is Latin for "I roll". :lol:

Back