Funny/Strange News Stories

Had to double check I wasn't on The Onion........ Venezuelan President moonlights as salsa DJ

Last Friday, the president, whose annual budget has not been approved by the opposition-controlled national assembly, used the show to sign off multimillion-dollar spending on a range of projects, from the refurbishment of a hospital in the city of Maracay, to a water purification project in the state of Miranda.

“Approved,” he declared, with a flourish, as he faded up the next salsa tune.

Make that a triple check.......:lol:

...Huh. Well, I'm sure if he's ousted from his current job, he can always fall back on being a salsa dancer. For the elderly, that is. I hear there's quite a market for such a skill set.

...Not entirely sure whether this piece of news belongs here or the "God" thread. But well, here it goes:

South Africa's 'Prophet of Doom' condemned: BBC.

By the way, Doom is actually....

Doom-Insecticide-Super-Multi-Insect-300ml.jpg

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/a..._on_teammate_during_hazing/s1_13156_22487971?

This is more of a strange story than funny, I guess? I mean what kind of freaking hazing is that? :eek: It's almost like a scene from some comedy movie. Who was actually getting hazed here, it seems like the guys "performing" the act we're getting the "shaft" more then the guy who was supposedly getting hazed.

How do you think this idea even came up...

"Hey I know what we can do to him, we'll get him good!" :lol:

I'm all for being tough on crime, but this is simply inhuman:
http://variety.com/2016/music/news/drunk-drivers-nickelback-kensington-police-canada-1201930532/
Police in Kensington, Prince Edward Island, Canada are warning holiday revelers about making spirits too bright. Alcoholic spirits, that is. Drunk drivers will not only face the usual charges, they will also be forced to listen to Nickleback on the way to jail. The Kensington Police Service posted the ominous warning on its Facebook page over the weekend.

...Oh c'mon. Nickelback aren't that bad. Their songs are sometimes vapid, bubblegum trash but still, they are not to that extent of human rights violation. I mean, Monday Night Raw used one of their songs as the show opener. That must mean something, right?

:P
Maybe Trump will invoke the mandatory listening of an endless loop of Y.M.C.A. for all suspects under arrest.:lol: Can't let the Canucks be one step ahead in crime and punishment. :sly:

...Some people might take that as an enjoyable pastime, mind you. I guess it'll entirely depend on which States it's implemented in. 💡
I'd guess that some also find Macarena particularly annoying. That might work in some parts of the country:lol:

Back