gaining pitstop time in LeMans by crashing

• Thread starter Veil26
  • 15 comments
Germany
Germany
There seems to be a bug or glitch in the pitlane in Le Mans: if you slightly crash into the barrier of the chicane at pit entry and then again crash into the barrier on the left side, you seem to get teleported to your pit. That spares you about 6 sec compared to correctly driving through the pit lane without crashing. There seems to be a penalty, which is however lower than the gains. I realized that when I entered the pits 3s behind the leader in an online race, both on the same car and tyres and wondered why the lead had grown to more than 10s at pit exit. I can prove that with the recording...

Technically possible if you go full speed into the pits which isnt easy but how you can save 6 seconds? that is questionable

Last edited:
Will someone please reinstate the "new user posting wait limit".
New users making BS troll posts are drain on the system.

Will someone please reinstate the "new user posting wait limit".
Forgotten this already?
There should be a mandatory waiting period BEFORE new members can post and the first posts MUST be screened by moderators before posting...
It was.
New users making BS troll posts are drain on the system.
What system? And no, they aren't.

The phenomenon of people joining a forum to ask a question and not necessarily returning is as old as the history of forums themselves. Unfortunately so is the phenomenon of established members being dicks to them for no reason.

Sorry for not replying earlier. It had taken me time to figure out how to download video footage. When I reviewed it again, there seem to have been 2 issues with the particular pit stop overlaying each other: indeed, no tyres were changed on the said car. That however didn't make up for the full time gained in the pits, a quicker entry with intended bumping, first right, then left, saved some time as well. As the majority of the time was gained through not swapping tyres, I think we can close this thread, even though I find it remarkable that a pit entry with a crash can be quicker than a clean one.

BTW, I do not consider myself a troll, maybe less experienced than some here on the forum.

I have chosen to not go through the pains of uploading it, as the majority of the time came from not exchanging tyres. That video has meanwhile been deleted. As I mentioned, the difference is marginal, around 1s.

I have chosen to not go through the pains of uploading it, as the majority of the time came from not exchanging tyres. That video has meanwhile been deleted. As I mentioned, the difference is marginal, around 1s.
Ok. And you should now that you can very simply share replays in game too, without the hassle of recording anything, uploading to Youtube or else. Might be easier if you encounter other issues later on. It is often quicker to get answer this way instead of trying to convey what's the issue.

Sounds easy indeed, thank you!
After that if you need input on a replay, you need to indicate your PSN name here, so we can find the replay and watch it. You can also add keywords like #gtp that will speed up the search in the showcase for people who would want to help you.

Latest Posts

Back